而在那种状态中 我们会获得最多的知识
and in that state, we have the highest knowledge gains,
最明显的态度转变
the biggest shifts in attitude,
以及最强烈的行为或行为意图的改变
and the greatest changes in behavior or behavioral intention.
这就是影视作品的叙事力量
This is the power of storytelling on the screen.
在《上海小姐》中
In “Lady from Shanghai,”
我们可以看到非常多最基本的性别差异化…
we can see so many of the basic gendered
镜头设计手法
shot design techniques
它们仍在影响着如今的电影制♥作♥
that continue to inform filmmaking today.
这和你的关系最大
Lover, this really concerns you more than anyone else.
别拿开你的手臂
♪ Don’t take your arms away ♪
你可以看到男性角色处于立体布光和…
So here you can see the men in 3D lighting
立体空间中 控制着故事
and 3D space controlling the story,
控制着叙事
controlling the narrative.
你知道吗?
Did you know about that lover?
我不知道
No I didn’t.
闭嘴 乔治
Shut up, George.
丽塔·海华丝当然穿着比基尼
Rita Hayworth, of course, is in a bikini
而其他所有人都穿戴完整
while everyone else is fully clothed.
而当然了 我们会看到老生常谈的男性主体
And of course, we have the ever present male subject
观看女性客体的戏码
looking at the female object.
丽塔·海华丝漂浮在一个古怪的 脱离现实的空间中
Rita Hayworth is floating in a strange dislocated space.
也许我们可以称之为男性幻想空间
Maybe we’ll call it male fantasy space.
在这个片段和接下来的片段中
In this clip and in subsequent clips,
女性的美会被视为
the beauty of the woman can be seen
具有某种力量
as having a certain power,
即吸引凝视的力量
you know, the power to attract the gaze.
而我们经常被灌输这种观念
This is what we’re always told,
比如女性要获得力量就是要变美
like the way to be powerful as a woman is to be beautiful.
但在这里 作为一种回答或回应
But to answer that and to respond to that,
我要引用一下安吉拉·卡特的话
I would like to quote Angela Carter,
她说女人必须被引诱才会接受女性气质
who says that women have to be seduced into femininity.
她所说的“被引诱才会接受女性气质”是什么意思呢?
And what does she mean by seduced into femininity?
其实她的意思就是“被引诱才会接受无力”
She really means seduced into powerlessness.
那么 我们又是如何被引诱才会接受无力的呢?
And how are we seduced into powerlessness?
那就是:受浮华魅力引诱
By glamor.
就是那样 保持住
That’s it, keep it up.
好极了
Lovely.
亲爱的 抬起头 抬起头
Love, love, head up. Head up.
没错 没错 没错
Yes. Yes. Yes.
在我看来 这种浮华魅力是种掩盖
So glamor, in my opinion is a coverup,
是种掩饰 也是种进入无力状态的诱饵和开关
is a veil and is a sort of bait and switch for powerlessness.
一个女人的独♥立♥自主性总是被我们
A woman’s agency is always interrupted
同时将她拍摄为奇观的方式干扰打断
by the way that we frame her as a spectacle at the same time.
无论她在做什么 确保她符合某种审美…
Whatever action she’s doing it’s super important
具备某种专门对异性恋男性凝视而言
to make sure that she has a certain aesthetic
特别具有性吸引力的风格
and a certain look that is specifically sexually attractive
变得特别重要
for a heterosexual male gaze.
那女孩儿是谁?
Whose that girl?
哪一个?我在说的那个?
Which one? The one I was talking about?

Yeah.
那个金发的? -对
The blond? -Yeah.
你和她一起去的?你没想上她?
You went with her? You didn’t try to fuck her?
什么我都想上一上
I try to fuck anything.
她不干?
She didn’t go with it?
对 她不干
No, she didn’t go for it
当然了 她挺明智
Naturally, she knew better
你说这话什么意思?
What do you mean she knew better
她知道你是个禽兽
She knew you were an animal
她知道你和她一起去准没好事儿
She knew it was no good if you go with her.
她的名声会被毁掉
Her reputation will be ruined.
我以为他是在和你讲话 维姬
I thought he was talking to you, Vicky.
同个人?
That’s the same guy?
是啊 同个人
Yes, the same guy.
我要打折他的脖子
I gotta break his neck.
他昨天在这
He was over here yesterday.
他昨天在这?
He was here yesterday?
你没遇上他
You missed him.
我昨天在屋里
I was at the house yesterday
而他在这
and he was over here.
所以和其他片一样 这里的男性都在立体空间中
[Nina] So as usual, we have the men in 3D space.
男性角色彼此交谈 聊着一个女人
We have the men talking to each other about a woman.
她的腿被分割出来
We have her legs fragmented.
慢动作镜头拍她的腿
We have her legs in slow-mo.
老一套 全是老一套
Same old, same old.
但这场戏有一个有趣的地方
There is one interesting thing though about this scene
我要专门分♥析♥一下
that I want to dissect.
即这场戏的声音处理方式
And that is the way that audio is handled.
看这场戏时 你会注意到
When you look at the scene, you notice that,
罗伯特·德尼罗在看维姬
Robert DeNiro is looking at Vicky
而她离他很远
and she’s far away from him.
于是你会觉得我们能听见德尼罗和他朋友交谈
So you think that it makes sense
但听不见维姬说话是合理的
that we hear Robert DeNiro and his friend talk,
因为她在远处
but you don’t hear Vicky talk because she’s far away,
但也许并非如此?
but maybe not, okay?
我们实际上仔细研究了一下
We actually did some research on exactly
这场戏是怎么拍的 划分了空间层次
how the scene was shot and laid out the dimensions.
这是德尼罗 他和他朋友
Here’s Robert DeNiro, he’s with his friend
在泳池的一侧
on one side of the pool,
而这是维姬 在远处
and here’s Vicky way far away.
所以我们听不见她说话 是吧?
That’s why we can’t hear her talking, right?
但可能并非如此 因为那两个
But maybe not, because how come the other two guys
就坐在维姬身旁的男人
who are sitting exactly right near Vicky,
我们能清楚听见他们交谈
we can hear them perfectly well.
他们和德尼罗的角色也离得同样远
And they are equidistant from Robert DeNiro.
基本上 我们这番经过研究所得的认知
So basically what we have here is something
在我们观看这部电影时
that when we watch the movie,
是感知不到的
we would have absolutely no awareness of this.
它以潜意识方式渗透到我们的意识中
It infiltrates our consciousness in a subconscious way.
而也许那就是当一位年轻女性负责…
And maybe that’s why when a young woman shows up
向一位男性高管推销电影项目方案时
to pitch a film to a male executive,
他只能看见她的嘴在动
he just sees her mouth moving,
却一个字都听不见她在说什么的原因
but he doesn’t hear a single word that she says.
对女性的客体化绝对…
Absolutely objectification of women
影响了雇佣行为
impacts hiring practices.
我认为 对整日暴露在
I think for all of us who were exposed
性客体化(女性)的媒体中的我们来说
to sexually objectifying media,
我们都在感知上被植入了这种观念
we all be embed it a bit in our perception
被灌输了女人该如何如何
of how women should be.
这化为了与女性打交道的错误方式 即:
It becomes this way of dealing with women
主要考察她的性价值几何
that is primarily around their sexual value,
衡量她对你是否有吸引力
that if they’re attractive to you.
而这绝对和你
And so absolutely has everything
在工作上的待遇有密切关联
to do with certainly how you’re treated on the job.
挑战在于 娱乐行业的就业歧视
The challenge is that employment discrimination in general
在整体上 并不是强制执行导致的
in the entertainment industry is not enforced.
从电影学院毕业时 我们的性别比是1:1平衡的
Coming out of film school, we have 50/50 gender parity
而在美国最好的电影院校里 一段时间以来都是这样
and we’ve had that for a while in the top US film schools,
但1998年 最顶尖的250部电影里
and yet the top 250 films directed by women
女性执导的只有9%
back in 1998 was 9%
来到2018年 这个数字降到了8%
And moving up to 2018, we’re down to 8%
人们很满意于去上电影学校的
People are really happy for women
女性和男性各占一半
to be attending film schools 50/50 at parity with men,
只要他们向这个体系交钱就行
as long as they’re paying money into the system.
但到了职业就业领域
But when we move into the professional playing field,
当我们要求行业向外为女性支付报酬时
and we’re asking the industry to pay money out to women,
那扇门可就关上了
well, that’s where the doors get closed.
而这个问题的核心
At the very heart of the issue
以及我一直致力于维护的就是民权法案第七章
and the work that I’ve been doing is Title VII,
即平等就业机会法
which is equal employment opportunity law.
好莱坞一直都是民权法案第七章最糟糕的违反者
Hollywood has been the worst violator of Title VII

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!