I’m gonna make some calls.
我去打几个电♥话♥
Just don’t do anything uncool.
你别做什么不靠谱的事啊
Hey.

Hey. So, Troy messed up,
嘿 那个 你儿子搞砸了
and we’re at Harvard, and he doesn’t have an interview.
我们到哈佛了 他没赶上面试
He got the day wrong.
把日子给记错了
Do we know anybody at Harvard?
我们在哈佛有熟人吗
I really want to get him an interview. I mean,
我真的想让他去面试啊
I just want them to meet him.
就让他们见他一面就好
Oh, who’s at Harvard?
哦 谁在哈佛啊
Like, um, like, uh, like, like…
就是那个 那个 那个谁来着
Yeah, yeah, like, um…
啊 就那个 那个谁
Like… Like a dean.
谁啊 院长行吗
Babe, Harvard is Troy’s first choice. Did you know that?
老婆 哈佛是儿子的第一选择 侬晓得伐
Yeah, yeah. And his counselor thinks he can get in.
是 我知道这事 顾问说他可以进的
Did you know that?
这你也知道吧
Yeah. Who do we know at Harvard?
我知道 所以啊 有熟人吗
Uh, I don’t know. I mean, I got to think.
我不清楚 你让我想想
Like, um… Toni Morrison.
那个 托尼·莫里森
Toni Morrison?
托尼·莫里森
You know Toni Morrison?
你认识他吗
No. No, no, she teaches at Princeton.
不认识 不对 他是普林斯顿的
Melanie, what the fuck are you talking about, Toni Morrison?
你说什么呢 什么托尼莫里森
I don’t know. Who would I know at Harvard?
我不知道啊 我上哪认识哈佛的人
Um… Uh, just, you know people in government.
呃 你不是跟政♥府♥的人有来往吗
Someone must have gone to Harvard. I mean, think.
总会有人跟哈佛有点关系 你再想想
It’s Troy’s future. Okay.
你儿子的未来啊 好好好
Um… Oh!
啊 那个
Craig Fisher teaches a class there. Doesn’t he?
克雷格·费舍不是在那教书吗
Uh, what? No.
啊 什么 不
Does he?
他是吗
Yeah. Yeah, yeah. I read that somewhere.
是是是 我在哪里看到过
He’s, uh, a visiting lecturer or something.
他是个 客座讲师什么的
He drives up from DC.
从华盛顿开车过去
Uh, no. He lives in New York now.
不是 他现在住纽约的
Okay, well, he drives up from New York, then.
那就是从纽约开车过去
I mean, I’m pretty sure he lectures there, teaches a class, something.
反正他在哈佛教书是没错
Oh, fuck.
他妈的
What?
怎么了
No, I think you’re right, now that you mention it.
没事 你应该是对的 话都说到这了
Shit.
妈的
What’s wrong?
到底怎么了
I just… I don’t want to call him.
我 我就是不想给他打电♥话♥
Why not?
干嘛不打
Damn it.
奶奶的
What’s the big deal?
出什么大事了
All right, all right. I’ll call you later, okay?
好了好了 我等会打给你
Okay. Can I talk to Troy?
行 我跟儿子说两句
Working up the courage to call Craig,
鼓足了勇气去给克雷格打电♥话♥
I remembered the first time I’d seen him on TV.
我还记得第一次看到他上电视
I’d like to welcome Craig Fisher to the conversation.
欢迎前白宫新闻秘书
He is a former White House press secretary
克雷格·费舍来到节目现场
who now works at the Heller Institute.
他现在是海勒研究所的成员
He’s also the bestselling author of Political Animals.
著有畅销作品《政♥治♥野兽》
Craig, who’s responsible for this congressional…
克雷格 这次国会的负责人…
It was like a ghost I’d conjured to haunt me.
那件事一直阴魂不散地缠着我
…castrates the forefathers.
…阉♥割♥了祖先们
Um, but we have a system, for better or for worse,
不过无论是好是坏 在这个权力制衡的国家
in this country of checks and balances,
我们是有一套体制的
to make sure that there is no one demagogue…
确保没有政♥治♥煽动者…
It wasn’t just a fleeting jealousy.
那不是转瞬即逝的嫉妒感
It was real pain.
而是实实在在的痛苦
Why is it so painful?
我为啥会这么痛苦
What was wrong with me?
我这是咋的了
I thought about the last time I saw him.
我又想到上次见费舍
…exciting about this is it’s an opportunity…
…这个机会真的太让人激动了…
We’d both been in New York for different reasons
我们各自到纽约去办事
and decided to meet up.
说好了见个面
I’d just started my nonprofit and was full of enthusiasm.
那时我刚开始踌躇满志地经营非盈利组织
…and so what we would do
我们做的就是
is kind of be a clearing house for that, and kind of a…
就好像打扫一间房♥子 有一点像
like a matchmaking service,
有点像婚姻介绍所
social media matchmaking organization that would find the organizations
作为媒体 先找到那些缺钱的组织机构
that need the money, find the people who want to give money,
再找到愿意捐款的人
bring them together and…
把这两边一匹配
I was hoping Craig might want to get involved in some way,
我还想着把克雷格也拉进来
offer up his famous friends.
推荐一下他那些土豪的朋友们
Even donate money.
甚至自己捐一点
But he never took the bait.
结果他完全不鸟我
Back in Sacramento, I decided to be more direct.
回到家里 我打算把话挑明了
I sent him an e-mail asking him to come onto my board of directors.
给他发了一封邮件 请他加入公♥司♥董事会
I wrote about the worthiness of the cause and my deep respect for Craig
说了一些好处 说我是多么尊敬他
and how much it would mean to me personally.
以及对我个人有多大帮助
Mrs. Cohen said we have to bring all the science stuff to school by Friday.
科恩太太让我们这周五把员工都带到学校去
Oh. So, we got to figure that out.
所以得想想办法
But I never heard back.
结果是石沉大海
Well, I do like whales a lot,
啊 我特别喜欢鲸鱼
so, we could study the anatomy…
这次能学学解剖
You know, they say politics is show business for ugly people.
人们都说政♥治♥是丑人们自我炫耀的地方
Any whiff of show business, I think people really respond…
任何用来炫耀的地方 人们都有义务…
In fact, I never heard from Craig again.
实际上 丫再也没跟我联♥系♥过
Aw, fuck it.
妈的 不管了
Your call cannot be completed as dialed.
你拨♥打♥的电♥话♥无法接通
Brad?
布拉德
Hey! Yo, Billy.
啊 比利 你好
How you doing, man? What’s up? How’s life?
怎么样 最近过得如何
Oh, life is good, man.
生活很美好啊 老铁
It’s fucking excellent.
真♥他♥妈♥的美好
You’re, like, retired. Amazing.
你貌似是 退休了吧 可以啊
I know.
必须的
You’re, like, uh, living the dream.
你小子啊 简直是活在梦里
Yeah, pretty much.
有这个意思
Although I’m not really retired.
也不能说真的退休了
I put some money into this little beach bar here,
这边的小酒吧我也投了不少钱进去
and it just blew up.
规模括了几番
And now we’re franchising across Hawaii, we’re coming to the mainland.
现在打算先在夏威夷开分店 然后开到本土去
So, that’s keeping me pretty busy.
还是挺忙的
Wow, that sounds great.
搞得有声有色啊
And I’ve got these two…
再说我这还有俩
beautiful wahine who live with me,
夏威夷小妞在身边
and they’re fucking gorgeous and they’re fucking cool.
那他妈简直是 漂亮到不行
And they make these amazing necklaces out of shells and shit,
她们用小贝壳做成项链
and I’m helping them open a store.
我正帮她们开一间这样的店
We surf,
每天先冲浪
then we fuck…
再上炕
then we surf.
再冲浪
It’s awesome.
这才是人生
No, come… wait, so you’re serious?
老铁 你当真的吗
You’re living… you have two girlfriends that you live with?
跟两个女朋友住在一起
Yeah, well, it’s pretty fluid, you know.
是 其实也不是特别固定
Anyway, what’s up with you?
怎么了 突然打给我
Uh… uh, I’m, uh, I’m great.
啊 我 我这边还行
I’m here in Boston with my son, Troy,
跟我儿子特洛伊在波士顿
and we’re visiting colleges.
转转这里的学校
Yeah? Yeah. He’s, uh…
真的 真的 他
probably gonna go to Harvard.
他有可能进哈佛
Yeah? Sweet.
真的啊 很棒
Yeah, he’s, uh, he’s a pretty smart kid.
谁说不是呢 小伙子聪明得很
He’s the real deal.
很靠谱的
Oh, awesome. Uh… anyway, hey,
可以可以 对了 有个事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!