but this is actually my life, okay?
但它就是我的人生
Just… don’t ask me to feel bad for you.
只是 别在我这里找安慰好吧
You’re doing just fine.
你过得挺不错的
Trust me.
听我一句
I promise you; you have enough.
说实话 你拥有的够多了
Yeah, you, too. I’ll see you around.
你也是 我们回见
All right, so long. Bye.
好的 拜拜
Dad.
爸
Dad.
爸
Dad, we got to go. I got my meeting. Mm.
爸 要走了 我这面试呢 哦
Mm… hungover.
诶 喝多了
What? You had one glass of wine.
什么鬼 一杯红的喝成这样
I couldn’t stop thinking about Ananya
我禁不住去想阿娜尼娅
and the things she said.
她说的那些话
And the contempt she had for me.
她对我的那种不屑
Listen, if we have any luck at all, girls…
姑娘们 你们知道有多幸运吗
I doubted she’d ever live up to all her ideals.
我很怀疑那她能不能一直坚持她的理想
…plantains and… and daiquiris…
…有芭蕉 有鸡尾酒…
One taste of luxury,
由俭入奢易
how quickly she’d forget the suffering of the masses.
由奢入俭可就难了
I mean, can’t believe that I met you girls.
认识你们真是太好了
I knew I was just trying to make myself feel better.
我知道我这么想就是让自己能好过点
Ananya had a good heart.
阿娜尼娅心肠很好
She reminded me a lot of Melanie.
她老是让我想起我老婆
Oh, shit.
哎 我靠
Melanie.
把她给忘了
Hey, it’s Melanie. Leave me a message.
哈喽 我是梅勒妮 有事留言
Hey, hon. Uh, trip’s going great.
老婆 旅行一切顺利
Troy’s meeting with one of the music professors here right now,
儿子去见一个音乐教授了
and then he’s got an interview with the dean of admissions.
等一会还要和招生办主任见面
So, uh, yeah, it all seems to be working out.
事情应该是解决得差不多了
Uh…
那个
Oh. Actually, Troy’s coming right now, so, uh, I’ll call you back later.
哎 特洛伊出来了 那我回头打给你
Yeah, I got dinner with Craig Fisher tonight,
今晚上还要去和费舍吃饭
so, I’m really looking forward to that, as you can imagine.
我可是相当期待啊 你说是不是
Uh, okay. I love you, honey. Bye.
好了 我爱你 拜
Hey. Hey. How was it?
怎么样
It was, uh, it was good. He listened to some of my stuff.
挺好的 他听了听我的作品
I think he liked it. That’s awesome, Troy.
感觉还不错 太棒了儿子
See? There you go.
看吧 知道你行的
Connections and talent.
很有天赋
I give you the layup, you swish it in.
我给你创造机会 你就能做到
That’s great, man.
相当棒
What’s wrong?
怎么了
Nothing.
没事
Okay. You seem a little, uh…
你看着可是有点
Should be happy.
应该很开心才对啊
Should be pumped. Yeah. No, I am.
没有很激动吗 我是很开心的
I don’t… He just, like, wasn’t what I expected,
就是感觉 他和我想象的有点不一样
but, you know, he was fine.
不过人真的不错
How is he not what you expected?
他和你想的怎么不一样了
Um…
就是
Uh, I don’t know, it’s just weird, ’cause it’s, like…
我也说不清 有点奇怪
He’s one of my heroes, but it seemed like
我之前是把他当英雄的 现在看来
he was trying kind of hard to, like, impress me.
他很努力地想给我留个好印象
Mm-hmm. And he was, like, sort of
还有就是
bragging a lot, and he was, like,
他很炫耀
uh… a lot more into
而且比我想的要
the business side of things, too, than I would have thought.
更偏重于商业化的方面
Like, he kept telling me ways I should monetize my music
比如他一直讲如何让我
and just, like, a bunch of weird stuff like that.
利用我的音乐赚钱这一类的东西
Um… I don’t know. I just thought that he would be cooler.
我也说不好 可能想象他会更好一点吧
You know, uh, don’t be so judgmental, Troy.
小伙子 别这么轻易给人下结论
Hmm? You’ve been living in a bubble.
你一直活在一个泡泡里
Remember that, okay?
知道吧
So, don’t go… judging people living in the real world
所以在你涉足真实世界之前
until you’ve actually been out there yourself.
别轻易评判在真实世界里辗转的人
Okay? Okay, but you asked me a question,
好的 不过是你问我怎么不一样的
and then I just said that he wasn’t what I expected.
我就告诉你我想的是什么样了
No, you said he wasn’t cool.
不 你说他不够好
But, you know, what’s cool to a 17-year-old hipster
但是对于你一个不用养家糊口的
who doesn’t pay his own bills isn’t necessarily what’s cool
17岁小伙子来说 好的概念
to the rest of the world. Okay. Fuck. Yeah.
和其他人是不一样的 懂吧 你说了算
Okay? I’m just saying talk to me in 30 years.
好吧 你过三十年再看
Then you can tell me who’s cool or not.
那时候再跟我说什么是好
Uh-huh.
嗯
You know you… you are fucking nuts.
我看你是吃错药了
I’m about to go have my interview.
我这眼看着面试
Do you really need to be jumping all over me right now?
你非得挑这个时候教训我一顿吗
Troy…
特洛伊
Okay, you’re right. I’m sorry.
对对 你是对的 怪我
I love you.
我爱你
You’re the best. You’re the best son.
好好发挥 你是最好的儿子
You know I feel that, right?
你知道我这么想吧
Dad, um… Okay?
老爹
I know you’re gonna kill it in there.
我知道你不会出问题的
Can you leave me alone? I’m just gonna try and clear my head.
你能让我一个人待会吗 我整理一下思路
I’ll just meet you after.
完事我去找你
Okay. All right.
好的
Hey, Troy. Yeah?
那个 儿子
I’m proud of you.
老爸为你骄傲
Want to follow me, please?
可以跟我来吗
Is… is that your daughter?
那是 你的女儿
Yeah. She’s got her interview now?
对 她去面试了吗
Oh, yeah.
是的
Hope it goes well.
希望一切顺利
My son’s meeting with the dean, so, uh…
我儿子正和主任面试呢
he’s been a little on edge.
稍微有点紧张
Good luck.
祝他好运
Thanks.
谢谢
Hello?
喂
Hey, Brad. It’s Jason Hatfield.
老布 是我 杰森·哈特菲尔德
Hey. Jason.
哦 杰森啊
Hang on a second.
等一下啊
It’s been a long time.
好久不联♥系♥了
What’s up?
怎么了
Uh, my office said you called me.
办公室说你给我打电♥话♥了
Oh, yeah. Right. I was actually, um,
哦对 是打过一个
just calling for Craig’s number, but I got it from Billy.
想问你克雷格的电♥话♥ 后来比利给我了
Oh, okay. Good. Well, uh, all right, look, I…
哦 那就好 那个
I heard you, uh, guys all got together in LA.
我听说你们去洛杉矶聚会了
How was that?
怎么样啊
I don’t really have time to talk.
那个 我现在不方便聊
It’s just, it’s not a good time right now.
现在不是聊天的时候
Mm-hmm. Okay. Well…
啊 那好吧
Listen, I don’t mean to be rude.
那个 我不是敷衍你啊
It’s just I’ve got all these clients looking for me,
这边一大堆客户都在找我
and I’m in Minnesota.
我在明尼苏达
I’m at the Mayo Clinic, and I’m waiting on some test results,
在一个诊所里 等着看检查的结果
and I’ve got to make a noon flight back to New York,
之后还要飞到纽约去
or I’m gonna miss this deposition
要不然就把我准备了
that I’ve been preparing for for months, so…
好几个月的证词耽误了
Y eah, yeah, yeah. No, no, no. I got it. I hear you.
好好好 我知道了
W ell, at least you know the plane will wait for you, right?
至少你还是有飞机等着的人 对吧
I don’t understand.
你说啥
I mean, you have your own jet, right? So, that must make it a little easier.
你不是有私人飞机吗 会相对方便一些吧
A jet?
喷气机
Are you being an asshole right now, or…
你是故意恶心我还是怎么
What? No. No. I’m serious. You…
什么 没有没有 没开玩笑啊
I don’t own a jet.
我没有飞机