就是精灵什么的
You know, like elves and stuff.
都是人们编出来的
People just made that up.
我也不知道
Oh, I don’t know.
你为什么觉得精灵比其他东西有魔力呢
I mean, what makes you think that elves are any more magical
比如说鲸鱼
than something like a whale?
你知道吗 如果我跟你讲一个故事
You know what I mean? What if I told you a story about
说在浩瀚的大海下面
how underneath the ocean,
沉睡着这种大型哺乳动物
there was this giant sea mammal
他们用声纳探测其他生物 有时候心情好还会唱歌♥
that used sonar and sang songs
它们长的超级大 心脏都像一辆小汽车那么大
and it was so big that its heart was the size of a car
大到你可以在他们的动脉里面爬
and you could crawl through the arteries?
这样你会觉得鲸鱼很很神奇 是不是
I mean, you’d think that was pretty magical, right?
嗯
Yeah.
但是 此时此刻
But, like, right this second,
世界上是没有精灵的 是吧
there’s, like, no elves in the world, right?
没有 确切的说 根本没有
No. Technically, no elves.
-爱你们呦 好了 注意安全 -再见 爸爸
-Love you, guys. All right. Be well. -See you, Dad.
祝你们这一个星期过得愉快 萨曼 下周末见
Have a great week. Sam, I’ll see you next weekend?
-好吧 哦 对了 -怎么了
-All right. Oh, yeah, that’s right. -What?
下星期六苏西有个生日派对
Suzy has a birthday party next Saturday.
-你得在她家过夜 -是
-A sleepover? -Yeah.
好吧 我会跟你妈说的
All right. I’ll talk to your mom about it.
-再见 爸爸 -不用担心这个 好吗
-Bye, Dad. -Don’t worry about it, okay?
玩得开心 照顾好自己
Have a great week. Okay. Had a great time.
爽翻啦
Oh, man.
你们怎么可能连这个都不懂
How do you guys not know how to do this?
我来给你们添加些书签 很快就可以了 图片
I’ll make you some bookmarks. Just a second. Pictures…
她美得我都流口水了
Ooh. She looks nice.
兰迪 梅森 爸爸叫你们两个下楼
Randy, Mason, Dad wants you guys downstairs.
-怎么了 -你们要剪头发了
-Why? -You’re getting haircuts.
这样看起来肯定好多了
This is gonna look so much better.
你会看上去像个男子汉 而不是个小姑娘
You’re gonna look like a man, instead of like a little girl.
下面该剪眉毛了是吧 拜伦
You’re taking the eyebrows off next, right, Byron?
梅森 我们要走了
Mason, we’re leaving.
你根本就没病
You’re not sick.
-再见了大家伙儿 -再见 妈妈
-Bye, guys. -Bye, Mom.
梅森哪去了
Where’s Mason?
他不是很舒服 我想他不能去上学了
He doesn’t feel too good. I don’t think he’s going to school.
根本就是假装的
He’s totally faking it.
拜
Bye.
梅森 你怎么了
Mason, what’s going on?
我不是很舒服
I don’t feel good.
好吧 你的额头又不烫
Yeah, well, your head feels fine.
赶紧起床
So get your ass out of bed.
我载你去学校
I’m gonna drive you to school.
给你五分钟 别害到我都迟到了啊
You got five minutes, and don’t make me late.
他甚至都没问问我的意见 他说剪就剪
I mean, he didn’t even ask! He just cut it.
这是我的头发
It’s my hair!
难怪你这么生气了 要是我我也生气
Well, no wonder you were angry. I’d be angry, too.
我现在看起来像是火星人
I look like a Martian now.
宝贝 晚点我会跟他谈这件事的 好吗
Honey, you know what? I’m gonna talk to him about it later. Okay?
我给你打电♥话♥来着 但是你没接
Yeah, I tried to call you, but you didn’t answer your phone.
真是对不起 我被学校的事忙疯了
I’m so sorry. I’ve been so busy with school.
无论如何 头发之后会再长回来的
For what it’s worth, it’s hair and it will grow back.
现在我能看到你好看的大眼睛 还有你可爱的小脸蛋
And now I can see your pretty eyes and your foxy face.
我都不知道你为什么要跟他结婚
Why did you even marry him?
他就是个混♥蛋♥
He’s such a jerk!
比尔也有他的好
Well, Bill has his good qualities.
人无完人 现在很好啊 我们有了一个家
You know, nobody’s perfect. And now we have a family.
我们本来就有一个家
We already had a family.
我对着国旗宣誓
I pledge allegiance to the flag
誓死效忠于美国
of the United States of America…
还有美国的人♥民♥大众
…and to the Republic for which it stands,
我们是信仰上帝的国家
one nation, under God,
虽然他并不可见 但是他带给我们自♥由♥和公义
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
现在念得克萨斯州的誓词
Please join me in the Texas Pledge.
威严的州旗
Honor the Texas flag.
作为得克萨斯州人和一个独♥立♥的个体
I pledge allegiance to thee,
我向你说出我的承诺
Texas one and indivisible.
谢谢大家 你们可以坐下来了
Thank you. You may be seated.
好啦
All right.
同学们
All right, class, as you know,
我们最近在讲神话故事
we’ve been working on our mythology projects,
所以你们要写关于神话人物的论文
and you’re going to be writing papers about gods and goddesses.
我在黑板上已经列出了这些神话人物
We’ve listed those gods and goddesses here on the board.
还有一些怪兽
We added a couple of monsters
可能有些同学会对这个感兴趣
for some of you who might be interested in that.
你们得写关于神话人物的论文
And you’re going to write your essay about your god and goddess,
而且要保证面面俱到
and to make sure that you cover everything,
我们得在这里完成这个任务
let’s make sure that we do all of these things right here.
首先 你得写出神话人物的名字
First of all, you need to name your god or goddess,
包括时间地点人物事情起因经过结果
and you need to include who, what, when, where, why and how.
在写论文的时候
So make sure that you cover all those things
一定要把这些都涵盖了
when you’re writing your essay.
那边有上坡
There’s a bump right there.
回见了 兄弟们
I’ll see you later, guys.
拜
Yeah.
-妈妈 你怎么了 -怎么了
-Mom, are you okay? -What happened?
不
No.
回屋子里 走 走 回屋子里
Go in the house! Go! Go in the house! Go in the house!
你们妈妈有一点小意外
Your mother had a little accident.
她现在情绪有点失控
Now she’s being dramatic.
快他妈的从地上起来 奥利维亚 看在上帝的份上
Get off the fucking floor, Olivia. For Christ’s sake!
我晚餐想要喝点酒
I’m having a drink with my dinner.
还有人对此有意见吗
Anybody else have a problem with that?
嗯
Hmm?
-萨曼塔 -没意见
-Samantha? -No.
明迪
Mindy?
没意见
No.
谅你们也不敢说有
I didn’t think So.
你看起来不是很喜欢我啊 是不 梅森
You don’t like me much, do you, Mason?
没事 我也不喜欢我自己
That’s okay. I don’t like me either.
你觉得好笑吗 嗯
You think that’s funny? Huh?
你♥他♥妈♥的觉得很好笑吗
You think that’s fuckin’ funny?
怎么了 你觉得你被忽视了
What’s the matter, you feeling a little left out?
赶紧去弄干净了 天杀的 去扫干净
Clean it up, God damn it! Clean it up.
-比尔 -快去扫干净 该死的
-Bill! -Clean it up, God damn it!
我讨厌软饮料
I hate squash!
小珍珠
Pearl.
我会给你钱的
I’m gonna pay you.
现在我在打三份工
I’m working three jobs right now.
你到底还要看多少次 梅森
How many times can you watch that, Mason?
-很有趣啊 -我在做司机
-It’s funny. -I’m driving a cab.
我现在和朋友在家里面做简历
I’m inside with my buddy right now just going over my resume
你知道吗 你需要放松一下
Okay, you know what? You need to relax.
为什么你这么急着要钱
Look, why do you need your money so fast? Come on.
-他之前有发过这么大的脾气吗 -没有
-Has he ever gotten this bad before? -No.
但是他经常大喊大叫
But he’s yelled a lot.
是啊 但是他没有乱砸东西
Yeah, but he hasn’t thrown and broken stuff.
好吧 你喝醉了 我知道
Yeah. You’re drunk. I knew it.
你真的醉了
You’re already drunk.
把你们的手♥机♥给我
Give me your cell phones.
没人和她通过电♥话♥ 是不是
So nobody talked to her, huh?
梅森
Mason?
没有
No.
-明迪 -没有
-Mindy? -No.
我相信你
I believe you.
萨曼塔
Samantha?
没有
No.
我没和她说过话 她只留了条语♥音♥信息而已
I didn’t talk to her. She left a message.