No, Mother, we’re not moving. Nope, nope.
抱歉啦 妈妈 不搬 不搬
Sorry, Mom. Nope. Nope.
萨曼塔 我得回到大学校园
Samantha, I have to go back to college,
这样我才能挣多点钱
so I can make us a better living.
要是做现在这份工作 我就不能好好照顾你们了
With this job, I can’t take care of us the way I’d like to.
我不能继续这样子了
I can’t keep going this way.
外祖母说她会帮我们
And Grandma said she’d help us out,
而且离她近点挺好的
and it would be nice to be near her.
好吧 妈妈
Fine, Mother.
你想干什么都行
You can do whatever you want,
但我们就不能搬家
but we’re not moving.
我们的朋友怎么办
And what about our friends?
哦 宝贝 我们可以给他们发邮件或者写信
Oh, baby, we can email them or write.
我们可以回来拜访他们
We can come back to visit.
而且你们知道吗
And guess what?
外祖母给我们找的那间房♥子里
This place that Grandma found us,
你们都会有自己的房♥间 好吗
you’ll each have your own room. Right?
而且还有一个游泳池
And there’s a pool.
妈妈 你还爱爸爸吗
Mom, do you still love Dad?
我还爱着你们爸爸
I still love your father,
但那不意味着我们继续一起才是最好的选择
but that doesn’t mean it was healthy for us to stay together.
要是我们搬家了他想找我们的时候找不到怎么办
What if after we move he’s trying to find us and he can’t?
哦 这不是个什么大问题
Oh, that won’t be a problem.
他能打电♥话♥给外祖母 外祖母会告诉他的
He can call Grandma and she’ll tell him,
或者他能打给信息台问问
or he can call Information.
不难找到我们
We won’t be hard to find.
他还在阿♥拉♥斯加吗
Is he still in Alaska?
你叔叔是这么说的
Well, that’s what your uncle says.
可能在驯服北极熊之类的吧
Probably taming polar bears or something.
是啊 我倒希望是它们在驯服他
Yeah. Well, I hope they’re taming him.
来 能帮帮忙吗
Here, wanna help me out?
当然
Sure.
好的 小心认真地刷墙
Okay. Take this paint very carefully
任何小污渍小标记都要涂掉
and paint any little smudge or mark or anything
那里的墙板
on the baseboard there,
门后面 还有里面的所有门廊
behind the door and all around the doorways on the inside.
她说我们会回来拜访
She says we’re gonna come visit
我会给你写信和打电♥话♥
and I’m gonna write and call you.
噢 等等 先别挂 我有另一通电♥话♥打进来
Oh, wait, hold on a second. I’m getting another call.
你好
Hello?
抱歉 汤米
Sorry, Tommy.
梅森今天不能过去了 我们要搬家了
Mason can’t come over today. We’re moving.
另一通电♥话♥等着我呢
And I’m on the other line.
再见
Bye.
艾尔斯
Althea?
我会给帆船童子军留下指令
I’m gonna be sending Sailor Scout instructions.
回头发邮件告诉我那些童子军做的怎么样
Email and write back telling me how the other scouts are doing.
好吧 因为现在你是队长了
Well, because you’re the leader now.
好的 走吧 我想在天黑之前赶到那里
Okay, let’s go, ’cause I wanna get there before it gets dark.
再见了 院子 再见 紫薇 再见了 邮箱
Goodbye, yard. Goodbye, crape myrtle. Goodbye, mailbox.
再见了 那一箱妈妈不让我们带走
Goodbye, box of stuff Mommy won’t let us take with us,
而我们不愿扔掉的东西
but we don’t wanna throw away.
再见了 房♥子
Goodbye, house.
我再也不喜欢让我们搬家的妈妈了
I’ll never like Mommy as much for making us move!
萨曼塔
Samantha!
你为什么不和你那
Why don’t you say goodbye
满嘴胡话的态度说再见呢
to that little horseshit attitude, okay?
因为我们不会把它带上车
‘Cause we’re not taking that in the car.
再见了
Goodbye, old lady who
那个听摇滚骑摩托的老太太
listens to rock music and rides a motorcycle.
嘿
Hey!
你们后面在干嘛 停下 弄一个屏障
What’s happening back there? Stop, put the barrier up.
嘿 在你们中间放个枕头
Hey! Put the pillow between you.
弄一个屏障 快点 停下
Make a barrier, come on. Stop.
我们要玩一个游戏 叫做木头人
We’re gonna play a game called The Game of Silence.
谁保持安静最长时间就能赢
Whoever can stay quiet for the longest period of time wins.
你们觉得自己能做到吗
You guys think you can do that?
好了 游戏开始
Okay, go.
校巴还有十分钟就到了
The bus will be here in 10 minutes.
把作业放进你的背包里
Put that homework in your backpack.
快吃饭
Go eat!
宝贝 去吃早餐
Baby, go eat.
马上了
I am!
说人话
Speak English!
闭嘴 妈妈
Shut up! Mom!
她又在说胡话了
She’s speaking that stupid language again!
萨曼塔
Samantha!
我说的可是标准清晰的英语 妈妈
I was speaking perfectly clear English, Mother.
是他反应太慢
He’s a little slow in the head.
他一年级就能挂科了
He did officially flunk first grade.
屁♥股♥给我坐到凳子上
Sit your butt down!
遵命 长官 妈妈长官
Yes, sir, Mother, sir!
好了 孩子们 听着
All right, listen up, guys.
放学后外祖母会去接你们
Grandma’s gonna pick you up after school.
你们爸爸今天会来
Your dad’s in town for the day.
所以你们下午就和他在一起
So you’re gonna spend the afternoon with him.
噢 他要搬回来了吗
Oh. Is he moving back?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我们快80年没见过他了
We haven’t seen him in about 80 years.
你是说一年半吧
Like a year and a half.
哈哈
Ha-ha!
噢 拜托
Oh, please.
我们能好好吃东西吗 校巴快到了
Can we please eat here? The bus is coming.
谁要糖浆
Who wants syrup?
好吧 好一个草书
All right, nice cursive.
好了 梅森 我要检查作业了 我能检查你的吗
Okay, Mason, when I check the mobiles, am I gonna find yours?
不能
No.
为什么
And why not?
因为我还没完成
‘Cause I didn’t finish it.
好吧 那你现在就该写了
Well, it’s time to finish it.
再等一下
Just a minute.
不 我们来做 苹果退出
No, let’s do… Apple Quit.
该完成作业啦 梅森 苹果退出
Time to finish your work, Mason. “Apple Quit.”
-这是我的历史测验 -嗯
-So this is my history test. Mmm-hmm.
A+ 很好
“A+”, very good.
这是另一份历史测验
And that’s another history test.
嗯哼 又一个A
Mmm-hmm. And another A…
是的 上面没有+号♥ 但是 哦 凑合吧
Yeah, it doesn’t have “A+”, but, oh, well.
然后 呃 这是我的蜥蜴报告
And then, um, that’s my report on lizards.
哦 让我看看你的画画
Oh. Let me see your pictures.
哦 是啊 这些是我的画画
Oh, yeah. These are my pictures.
那是什么
What is that?
那个叫喉部垂肉
Well, that’s called a dewlap.
喉部垂肉 好吧
A dewlap, okay.
噢 这个是数学测验
Oh, yeah, this is a math test.
哦 又一个A
Oh, “A” Again.
梅斯 最后一颗糖了 好吗
Mase, that’s the last candy, okay?
好的
Okay–
我们要把这些东西挂起来
We need to put this stuff up.
他来了
That’s him.
爹地
Daddy!
我的天哪 看看你 你都这么大了
Oh, my God! Look at you, you’re so big!
嘿 伙计
Hey, NU.
怎么样了 伙计
What’s happenin’, buddy?
哈 你们准备好去乐一乐了吗
Huh? You guys ready to have some fun?
耶
Yeah!
耶 好的
Yeah! All right.
嘿 卡罗琳 你还好吗 梅斯 我很好
Hey, Catherine, how are you? Mase, I’m good.
-嗯 很高兴见到你 -是啊
-Mmm, good to see you. -Yeah.
我要什么时候送这俩淘气鬼回来
What time should I have these rascals back?
哦 我不知道 七点半左右吧