你迟早有一天会去上大学
You’re going to school eventually.
这太贵了 我承担不起
It’s too expensive. I’m done.
那当初你干嘛还要买♥♥这套房♥
Why did you even buy it in the first place then?
因为我喜欢让日子变得潦倒一点
Because I really enjoy making poor life decisions,
好让我们时刻都处在贫困边缘
keeping us on the brink of poverty.
我用前半辈子的时间得到了这些没用的
I’ve spent the first half of my life acquiring all this crap,
现在又要用后半辈子来想方设法
and now I’m gonna spend the second half of my life
摆脱掉这些东西
getting rid of all this stuff.
有吗 比如说
Really? Like what?
比如我摆脱掉了好几个丈夫
Well, I got rid of a couple husbands,
现在我马上又可以摆脱房♥贷
now I’m gonna get rid of a mortgage,
赡养费 和一些细枝末节的费用
some maintenance, the tchotchskes,
房♥屋保险 财产税 管道维护费
the homeowner’s insurance, the property tax, the plumbing.
说真的 从现在开始
You know what? From now on,
你妈妈我要变成个尼姑
l am gonna be Mommy Monk.
洁身自好 守身如玉
Simple. Celibate.
别恶心了 老妈
Don’t be gross, Mom.
好吧
Fine.
我还是在这个大房♥子里做个可怜的妓♥女♥吧
I’ll be a poor whore with a big house.
是不是听起来更好
Is that better? Hmm?
嗯
Okay.
梅森 求你了 别把那个脏盘子留给我来洗
Mason, please, don’t leave me that dirty dish to wash.
我整天都在洗盘子
I do dishes all day.
很好啊 亲爱的 这么说你也算专业的了
Oh, great! Honey, then you’re a professional.
那就帮你可怜的老妈再多洗一两个盘子吧
Come on, you could do one or two more for your poor old mom.
好吧
Okay–
谢了
Thank you.
要来一个吗
You want one?
噢 天呐
on, God!
她碰都没碰过 我发誓
She didn’t even touch them, seriously.
我一直看着在
I watched her the whole time.
我一点也不怀疑 你这个变♥态♥
I bet you did watch her, you little pervert.
感觉我们像在约会
It’s like we’re on a date.
干杯
Cheers.
今晚真浪漫
It’s a night of romance.
是的 不过我不会亲你
Yeah, except I’m not gonna kiss you.
反而 我会揍你
I will blow you, though.
梅森 外面还有一堆事等着你呢
Mason! We are in the weeds out here!
我会尽快处理
I’m goin’ as fast as I can.
是吗 那我就不理解了
Oh, then I must be confused then,
刚刚我还看见你和爱普尔在闲聊
’cause I just saw you chattin’ it up with April,
外面的自助沙拉都快不够了
when I got a salad bar that needs a refill,
还有一个六人份和两个四人份的
I got a six-top, two four-tops I can’t use
等着你给他们送过去
because they haven’t been bussed!
艾瑞克今天没来 我已经很努力了
Enrique is not here. I’m tryin’.
你是努力了 我们也快要快关门了
Well, while you’re tryin’, we’re dyin’!
你让我怎么跟顾客说
What am I supposed to tell my customers?
您的桌上还有没清理的餐具 真是不好意思
“Oh, I’m sorry that your table’s got dirty plates on it,
但是梅森已经很努力了
“But Mason’s trying.
至少他是这么跟我说的
“At least that’s what he told me.
虽然当时他在和爱普尔调情
“After he was flirtin’
还吃了您剩下的虾
with April and eatin’ your leftover shrimp.”
我知道 今天的确是个挑战
Now it is a challenge out there today, I know,
但我会给你回报的
but I wanna share something with you.
今年暑假我就让你做油炸厨师
I got you pegged for fry cook this summer,
同时你也得承担更多责任
and that’s a lot more responsibility.
当然拿的钱也更多 听起来不错吧
It’s also more money. How’s that sound?
很好
Good.
我知道你有能力赚那么多钱
I know you can handle that money,
但你也得认真负责才行
but can you take the responsibility?
你能做到的 我相信你
I think you can, because I believe in you.
不过现在你得马上过去
But I need you on the floor.
把盘子先放一边 忙起来
Now leave the dishes. Giddy up.
好好干 别让我失望
All right, come on! Don’t let me down!
怎样 还行吗
Well, so it’s runnin’ okay?
那个交流发电机没出什么状况了吧
That alternator’s not messin’ up anymore?
状况良好 上路没问题
No, it’s fine. It’s up for the trip.
好的
Good.
你们去奥斯汀时会去看你姐吗
Are you gonna see your sister when you guys are in Austin?
嗯 她说我可以住她寝室里
Yeah, she said I can stay at her dorm, which is cool.
她室友可能出城了 应该没什么问题
And I guess her roommate’s out of town, so it’s no big deal.
行 你申请了那所学校没有
All right. Did you apply there yet?
你把申请表提交给托莱多大学了吗
Did you get that application in to UT?
还没 不过希娜很有可能申请了
Not yet, but Sheena’s pretty much in, though.
如果你是真的想去那里
Right. Well, if you know that’s where you wanna go,
你就要早点做好准备工作 知道吗
you should probably do that early acceptance thing, you know?
我是说真的 让他们知道你是一个知道自己想要什么的人
Seriously, let ’em know you’re a man who knows what he wants.
嗯
Yeah.
一点点的果断
A little bit of decisiveness
对你的人生有很大的帮助
goes a long way in this life, all right?
-好 -嗯
-Yeah. -Great.
工作方面怎么样
And what about work? How’s that goin’?
还行吧
Uh, I don’t know. It’s all right.
今天有点不顺 有个人没来上班
Today kind of sucked. This guy didn’t show up.
不过这也让我以另一个有趣的角度看清了世界
But it’s definitely an interesting perspective on the world.
全是些混♥蛋♥
People are slobs.
别人跟我问起你的时候 我都对他们说
Well, when people ask me about you, I say to them,
梅森啊 他现在很出色
“Mason, he’s doing great.
找到了份工作 认真干活赚了不少
“He’s got a job, he’s really cleanin’ up.”
行了 跟安妮和库伯问好吧
AH right, say hi to Annie and Cooper, will you?
快跟哥哥问好 嗨 哥哥好
Say hi to your big brother. “Hey, big brother.”
嗨 安妮 嗨 小宝贝
Hey, Annie. Hey, kiddo.
说再见
Can you say bye-bye?
再见
Bye-bye!
回头见
We’ll see you soon.
记得开车的时候一定要小心
All right. Well, be careful when you’re driving, all right?
不要边开边发短♥信♥或者做其他事情
Don’t be texting, don’t be doing any of that. All right, just…
欧比旺 《星球大战》系列中的人物 为银河系作出了不可磨灭的贡献
想象你就是欧比旺 一切以你为中心 要有耐心
You’re Obi-Wan. You’re centered, patient. Right?
要盯紧前面的三辆车 还有后面的两辆
You watch three cars ahead, two behind.
两个司机都大意的时候往往就出车祸 记住了吗
Takes two bad drivers to have an accident, okay?
嗯
Okay–
告诉你姐
Listen, tell your sister to
让她记得接我电♥话♥ 记得回我电♥话♥
pick up her phone or call me back or something.
-好的 -就这样
-Okay. -All right, buddy.
-路上小心 -拜拜
-You have a good one. -Bye, Dad.
亲爱的 记得把这个带给你姐
Hey, honey, take this to your sister.
放到车上去
Throw it in the truck, okay?
嗯 好的
Okay, I will.
到时候希娜住哪
So where is Sheena staying?
和她朋友艾米丽一起
At her friend Emily’s.
不会是你胡编乱造的一个人吧
Is Emily a real person?
不是啦
Yeah.
她大二 住公♥寓♥里
Yeah, she’s a sophomore. She has an apartment.
行 这个给你以防万一
Okay, this is in case of emergency.
最好别用 回来还给我
Don’t spend it, I want it back.
嗯 谢了
Okay. Thanks.
你作业做了吗
Did you do your homework?
做的差不多了 明晚就能做完
Most of it, but I can finish tomorrow night.
宝贝 高二对上大学来说是很重要的阶段 别搞砸了
Honey, 11th grade is really important for college. Don’t blow it.
我知道 我会去上托莱多大学的
I know, I know. I mean, we’re going to UT and everything.
你不想带我去吗
Oh, don’t you want me to come?
拜托 希娜 和老妈一起公路旅行 我还可以付油费
“Come on, Sheena, road trip with Mom!” I’ll pay for gas.
行啊
Fine.
开个玩笑 我还得工作
Just kidding. I have work.
到了打电♥话♥给我
Call me when you get there.
嗯
I will.
玩得开心
Have fun!
这听起来简直就像另一个
That sounds to me like just another
梅森式的世界观
extreme Mason view of everything.
才没有呢 我最后想清楚了