And roll sound, please.
请准备好 马上就要开机了
All right,so just be thinking of anything
好吧 那你要思考一下我的问题
you’d like to include while we set up.
和你的回答 待一会儿我们就进行采访录像
We’ll be ready to get started in just a minute.
我们准备好了 马上就录像了
All right.
开始吧
Do you know anything about his parents?
你知道他父母的事吗
A few things.
知道一点儿
Good, because we couldn’t find anything,
很好 因为我们什么都找不到
and we also couldn’t find any military records for a Mickey Kelley.
而且我们也找不到麦基·凯利的从军记录
Yeah. Well,there’s a reason for that.
是的 这是有原因的
Which is?
什么原因
How much time you got?
你准备采访有多长时间
As long as it takes.
要看你有多长时间
We’re rolling.
我们正在录像
Okay, just start by telling us how you two met.
好吧 先告诉我们你俩是怎么认识的
I met Mickey Kelley later on in our lives, back in 1991,
那是在1991年 我在我们后来的生活中遇到了麦基·凯利
when he had just gotten back from Desert Storm.
当时他刚从”沙漠风暴”行动中回来
He retired from the Marines.
他已从海军陆战队退伍
I was working at a restaurant called El Patio.
我当时在一家名叫“大宅门”的餐厅工作
I was valeting cars.
我负责代客汽车
Mick was just a customer,
麦克那时只是一个顾客
when this asshole cut in line,
当有个混♥蛋♥插队的时候
ordered me to get his ride first.
命令我先上他的车
When I said no,he started calling me names.
当我说不后 他就开始骂我
Shit like “beaner”, “taco.”
就是“吃豆的”“玉米卷”之类的脏话
Little fight broke out.
小冲突就爆发了
Before I knew it, Mick jumped in, pulled the guy off me,
我还没反应过来 麦克就跳了进去 把那家伙拉开
but the guy had friends with him.
但那家伙有朋友
I tried to help, but…Fuck.
我想拉架 但是 妈的
Mick had it under control.
麦克已经控制住了局面
He wiped the floor with all of them.
他把他们都打倒在地
Crazy thing was,he never threw a punch.
不可思议的是 他连一拳都没打
And that was it.
就像这样
It was over.
就结束了
I thanked him.
我当时很感谢他
And afterwards, I went around,
后来 我去找了他的破车
got his piece of shit car,brought it to him.
把车给了他
And then that dude,he looked me right in the eye,
然后那个家伙 他看着我的眼睛
and he said,”Thanks a lot, Taco.”
说“多谢了 玉米卷”
Now I saw what this guy could do,
现在我知道这家伙有多厉害
but I just had to fuckin’ ask him…
但我他妈还是得问他
“What did you just call me?”
“你刚才叫我什么”
And I think he was a little surprised by my tone, but he said,
我想他对我的语气有点惊讶 但他说
“Hey, sorry, man.
“嘿 对不起 伙计
I thought them was your friends
我以为他们是你的朋友
and they was calling you Taco.”
他们叫你玉米卷”
After that, he just broke out into the biggest grin…
在那之后 他突然咧嘴笑了起来
and he became the best friend I ever had.
他成了我最好的朋友
Was Mickey Kelley really that amazing of a fighter?
麦基·凯利真的有那么厉害吗
People seem to think that the Holy Grail of MMA videos
人们似乎认为综合格斗MMA视频的圣杯
is the Rickson Gracie versus Yoji Anjo fight.
是里克森·格雷西和安藤洋二的对决
But it’s not.
但其实不是
It’s Kelley versus Blaine.
而是凯利对战布莱恩
And people think that it didn’t happen?
可是大家都认为 这事没发生过吗
That just makes me laugh.
那只会让我发笑
‘Cause I was there.
“因为我就在现场
It all happened back in the early ’90s,
这一切都发生在90年代初
before the sport even had a name.
那时这项运动还没有名字
Yeah. Water?
是的 —水
Thank you You are welcome.
谢谢 不客气
Did you see this article?
你读了这篇文章了吗
I’m thinking maybe a pink one or a blue.
我想粉色或者蓝色的
Here’s your water.
这是你要的水
So when we got to the airport,
我们什么时候到达机场
they told us our flight was overbooked. Thank you.
他们告诉我们我们的航♥班♥超额预定了 谢谢你
Which left only one open seat in first class.
头等舱只剩下一个空位了
And I wanted my husband to have that,
我希望我丈夫得到它
’cause it supports his back a lot better.
因为这样能使他的颈椎舒服点儿
Well, I just had to ask,’cause for a minute there
那我就去问一下 因为还有一段时间要飞
I thought he was upset ’cause I was bad company.
我以为他不舒服 因为我不适合陪你
No,and it may seem very silly,
不 这看起来很荒唐
but I miss him.
但是我想他和他坐在一起
We’re on our way to Dubai to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary.
我们要去迪拜庆祝结婚50周年纪念日
That’s where we met. Oh, wow.
那是我们相遇的地方 —哦 哇
Wow, 50 years.Congratulations.
哇 金婚纪念 恭喜你们
Since our last child left for college,
自从我们最后一个孩子上大学后
we haven’t been apart more than four or five hours at a time.
我们每次的分离时间还没有超过四五个小时
Wow.

Maybe the person sitting next to him would swap chairs with you.
也许坐在他旁边的那个人会和你交换座位
Excuse me.
对不起
Pardon, sir.Do you happen to know
对不起 先生 您知道
who’s seated in the chair next to you?
坐在您旁边的是谁吗
A real nice young lady
一个很好的年轻女士
and she’s heading back that way.
她正往那边走
Is that right?
那我跟她说说
I appreciate it, sir.Thank you.
非常感谢 先生 谢谢
Hi. Hi.
嗨 嗨
I, uh…
我 想
Shit, um…
糟了 我想
You’re in seat 5F, right?
你的座位是5F吗
Yeah.
是的
Look, I know it’s…I know it’s a long shot,
你看 我知道这是 我知道旅程很漫长
but any possibility you’d be willing to trade…
但如果你愿意交换
Relax. I already told Mrs.Miller I’d give her my seat.
没关系 我已经告诉米勒太太我会把座位让给她
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们先生们
we will be serving dinner…
我们现在供应晚餐
So, uh, you, uh…
那么 呃 你 呃
You gals in some sort of beauty pageant or something?
你们是来参加选美的吗
No, no.We’re, uh…
不 不是 我们是 呃
We’re doing this modeling shoot
我们正在为迪拜一家新开的皮草公♥司♥
for this new fur company in Dubai.
做模特拍摄
You’re a fashion model.
你是个时装模特
No, well, it’s my…It’s my first time.
不 这是我的 这是我第一次
The, uh…the law office I work in,
嗯 我工作的律师事务所
they represent this modeling agent
他们是这个模特经纪公♥司♥的代理
and he was nice enough to give me the opportunity.
他很好地给了我这个机会
Oh, okay. Mmhmm.
哦 好的 —嗯
So you… you a lawyer?
所以你 你是律师吗
I’m a paralegal,actually,
其实我是个律师助理
but it’s kinda just like a backup plan.
但这只是我的一个备选计划
A backup plan. Mmhmm.
一个备选计划 是的
So what’s the…what’s the main plan then?
所以是什么 那你的正选计划是什么
To be a stay-at-home mom.
做个全职妈妈
Well, once I meet my husband, of course.
当然是在我遇到我丈夫之后
What? Why are you looking at me like that?
怎么了 你为什么这样看着我
No, no, you just…
不 不 你只是
you just don’t hear that every day.
这些问题不是每天都能听到的
That sounds good.
听起来不错
So what about you?
那你呢
What brings you to Dubai?
你去迪拜做什么
I’m-I’m…I’m just going to teach.
我—我 我只是去教课
Teach what
教什么课
Uh, combatives.It’s like martial arts.
嗯 格斗术 有像中国武术
Specifically, the martial art’s called jiu-jitsu.
具体来说 这种武术叫做柔术
It’s-it’s a Brazilian variation.
这是在巴西的一种变体
Is it like karate
就像空手道
No, ma’am,it’s nothing like karate.
不 女士 这跟空手道一点都不像
It’s… Uh, to the layman it would look like, uh…
这是 呃 对外行人来说 它看起来像是
Olympic wrestling. Uhhuh.
—奥♥运♥摔跤 -呃
The only difference being,you get your opponent
唯一的区别是 你会让你的对手

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!