Couldn’t that have caused… the stress and anxiety you observed?
反对,问题引起猜测
Objection… calls for rank speculation!
检察官利用这名证人…
Counsel for the prosecution has already used this witness…
去说明死者的思想状况
to establish the state of mind of the deceased.
法官,是他先提出来
He opened the can, Your Honor.
贾先生,我知道问题棘手
And I do see worms crawling all around you, Mr. Garrett.
但世事不能两全其美,反对无效
You can’t have it both ways. Objection overruled.
巴小姐,回答问题
Answer the question, Miss Braslow.
有可能的
I suppose it’s possible.
你作供说目睹碧嘉
Now, you testified that you saw Rebecca…
在浴室吸食古♥柯♥碱
inhaling cocaine in the bathroom.
你怎知道是古♥柯♥碱? 那是白色粉末
How do you know it was cocaine? It was white powder.
你曾是滥用药物中心的病人吗?
Were you ever a patient… at the Mount Hood Substance Abuse Center?
反对,她的病历
Objection! Your Honor, Miss Braslow’s medical history…
控方引用古♥柯♥碱是死因之一
Your Honor, the prosecution has introduced cocaine… as one of the contributing causes of death.
这是合理的盘问 我会批准
This is a reasonable line of questioning. I’ll allow it.
你是否滥用药物中心的病人
Weren’t you a patient… at the Mount Hood Substance Abuse Center…
在两年前的一月五日至二月五日?
from January 5th to February 5th two years ago?
你接受什么治疗?
What were you being treated for?
滥用药物和酗酒 那药物是古♥柯♥碱吗?
Substance and alcohol abuse. And was that substance cocaine?
那药物是古♥柯♥碱吗?
Was that substance cocaine?

Yes.
同年你为你老板马先生 供应古♥柯♥碱
And didn’t you supply your boss Mr. Marsh… with the cocaine
结果让他住院吗?
that sent him to the hospital…
法官,我有住院报告的副本
Your Honor, I have in my hand… a copy of the admissions report.
方格是指定给…
The square right here is designated…
负责送他入院的人所签署
for the signature of the responsible party… the person who brought him into the hospital.
请你大声读出那名字
Would you read that name out loud, please?
请你大声读出那名字
Would you read the name out loud, please?
巴琼娜,但我
Joanne Braslow. But I…
法官,我没有问题了 我呈上证物一
No further questions. Your Honor, I submit Defense Exhibit “A.”
供你存档
For your files.
你一直想做律师吗? 是退而求其次
Did you always want to be a lawyer? It was a fallback.
我想成为专业的曲棍球手
I wanted to be a pro hockey player.
是吗?那发生了什么事?
What happened?
我溜冰时扭断足踝 我当时在炫耀自己
I broke my ankle skating. I was showing off.
当时多大?
How old were you?
七岁
Seven.
小时候我喜欢偷草莓
When I was a kid, I liked to steal strawberries.
我会偷偷进入邻居的后园
I’d sneak into the neighbor’s yard.
记得那里有大篱笆…
I remember they had a big fence.
我爬过篱笆时常擦损膝头
I’d always scrape my knees climbing over it.
另一边种有不少野玫瑰
On the other side, they had these wild rose bushes.
我滑下去时被玫瑰的刺刺伤脚和臀部
The thorns would dig into my legs… and cut my thighs when I slid down.
但草莓很好吃
But the strawberries always tasted so sweet.
因为你受了不少苦头才吃到
Because of how much it hurt to get them.

Yes.
碧嘉…
Rebecca…
当你第一次见到安德…
When you first met Andrew…
你怎知道他与你一样?
how did you know that he was like you?
当时我参加派对 那里宾客如云
I was at a party… and there was a huge crowd of people…
但我们看到对方后就知道了
but we just saw each other, and we knew.
就是这样?
Just like that?

Yes.
看看四周
Look around.
你想我告诉你这里是否有人…
You want me to look around and tell you…
与我趣味相投吗?
if someone here has the same taste that I do?
没错
That’s right.
好吧
All right.
怎么样?谁?
All right. Who?
我不会告诉你 你不会告诉我?
I’m not going to tell you. You’re not going to tell me?
不,我不会 为什么?
No, I’m not going to tell you. Why not?
因为他还不知道
Because he doesn’t know it yet.
对,很好 什么好?
Yes, it would be nice. What would?
我和你做♥爱♥
You and I making love.
你以为我是这样想吗?
Is that what you think I was thinking?
承认想与我做♥爱♥没有不对
There’s nothing wrong with admitting you want me.
你把很多东西都视作理所当然
You take a lot for granted.
回家吧
Frank… go home.
谢谢你的晚餐
Thanks for dinner.
晚安
Good night.
用我的方式
My way.
你怕吗? 不
Are you scared? No.
去看看麦克是否在上面?
Would you see if Michael’s up yet?
我们想再次传召帕亚伦作供
The people would like to recall Dr. Alan Paley to the stand.
帕医生,你仍受誓言约束
Dr. Paley, you’re still under oath here.
别作假证供
You just testified he liked unpleasant things.
你认识卡碧嘉吗? 认识
Do you know Rebecca Carlson? Yes.
有跟卡小姐约会过吗?
Did you, in fact, date Miss Carlson?
有,我们有约会过
Yes, we dated.
不肃静的话离开法庭
Keep your rude mouths shut or get out of my courtroom.
我只会客气一次 贾先生,继续
This is the only time I’ll ask nicely. Proceed, Mr. Garrett.
马先生,你有跟她谈论 你的病人的病情吗?
Did you ever discuss… anything about your patient, Mr. Marsh, with her?
他是社交界名人 我提过诊治他
His picture was on the social page… and I mentioned that I’d treated him.
她有什么反应? 她感兴趣
What was her reaction? She was fascinated.
她有特别问起他的事吗?
Did she ask you anything in particular about him?
她问过若他再试古♥柯♥碱会否没命
She wanted to know… whether cocaine would kill him if he tried it again.
你怎说? 我告诉她犹如玩俄♥罗♥斯♥轮盘
And what did you say? I told her it would be a Russian roulette.
到你问了
Your witness.
帕医生…
Dr. Paley,
为什么较早时隐瞒与碧嘉的关系?
why didn’t you mention… your relationship with Rebecca earlier?
没有人问我
Nobody asked me.
你们有性关系吗? 反对,这与本案无关
Did you have sexual relations with her? Objection… irrelevant.
法官,假如你允许,
Your Honor, if you’ll allow some latitude…
我可以证明有关
I can establish the relevance.
最好这样,反对无效
You’d better. Objection overruled.
证人要回答问题 没有
The witness is directed to answer the question. No.
你们没有性关系? 没有
No, you did not have sexual relations? No, we didn’t.
因为她拒绝与你发♥生♥关♥系♥吗?
Because she refused to have sex with you.
反对,辩方在暗示
Objection… Your Honor… the counsel is trying to manufacture…
你们上前来
Get up here, both of you!
再停留在查清底细
Mr. Dulaney, if you’re just bottomfeeding…
你会噎死
you’re going to choke on the mud.
我快入正题
I’m working toward a specific point, Your Honor.
快些 我厌倦见到你这么接近我
Work fast. I’m getting tired of seeing you this close to me.
反对无效
Objection overruled.
你记得上次与碧嘉 在“猫提琴”约会吗?
Dr. Paley, do you remember your last date… with Rebecca at the Cat and Fiddle restaurant?
没有印象
It wasn’t that memorable.
你记得在停车场迫她就范吗?
Well, do you remember… trying to force yourself on her in the parking lot?
反对
Objection!
我能传召一名接待员
I can bring in the parking attendant…
两名顾客帮你恢复记忆
and two customers to refresh your memory if I have to.
我没听到你反对的理由
I didn’t hear the reason for your objection, Mr. Garrett.
这不是你上庭前 最后一次见碧嘉吗?
Wasn’t that the last time you saw Rebecca…
我忘了最后一次见她是何时
I don’t remember the last time I saw her.
你是否要胁作假证供…
In fact, didn’t you attempt… by threatening to falsely testify against her?
以迫使她再见你?
to blackmail her into seeing you again…
没有,你疯了
No. You’re crazy.
我想播放一段碧嘉的电♥话♥录音
Your Honor, I have a tape… from Rebecca’s answering machine I’d like to play.
反对,录音带的来历不明
Objection… we don’t know where this tape is from…
我可以上前吗?
May I approach?
我有两间独♥立♥音响实验室的报告…
I have reports from two independent audio labs…
贾先生曾在其他审讯中 用它们来确认证据
that Mr. Garrett himself has used to verify evidence… in other trials.
他们证明是电♥话♥录音
They both conclude that the voice on the tape…
没有做过手脚
was recorded over the phone, with no tampering.
我批准
I’ll allow it.
我知道你在,快听电♥话♥
I know you’re there. Pick up the phone, god damn it.
你以为我不会做吧?
You think I won’t do it?
碧嘉?
Rebecca?
我可以让你余生在狱中度过
I can put you away, Rebecca, for the rest of your life.
一是找我,一是去死 二择其一

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!