but as this trial proceeds… you will see she’s not only the defendant…
她自己就是一件杀人武器
she is the murder weapon itself.
若我打死你 是我导致你死亡
If I hit you…and you die… I am the cause of your death…
但我能被称为武器吗? 答案是可以
but can I be called a weapon? The answer is yes…
卡碧嘉是令人致命的武器
and what a deadly weapon Rebecca Carlson made.
我们会证明她引诱
The state will prove that she seduced Andrew Marsh…
马先生和控制他的喜好
and manipulated his affections…
直到他改写遗嘱 把八百万留给她
until he rewrote his will, leaving her $8 million…
她明知他有心脏病…
that she insisted on increasingly strenuous sex…
还坚持进行刺♥激♥的性行为
knowing he had a severe heart condition…
当她还不能满足时…
and when that didn’t work fast enough for her…
就悄悄地让他服食古♥柯♥碱
she secretly doped him with cocaine.
他的心脏无法负荷…
His heart couldn’t take the combination…
她却得偿所愿
and she got what she wanted.
她是美女
She is a beautiful woman…
当审讯结束后
but when this trial is over…
你们会发现她与手♥枪♥、刀…
you will see her no differently than a gun or a knife…
或其他杀人武器无异
or any other instrument used as a weapon.
她是最坏的杀人犯
She’s a killer…and the worst kind…
一个假装成爱侣的杀人犯
a killer who disguised herself as a loving partner.
杜先生
Mr. Dulaney.
当被挑选为陪审团时你们就知道
you were told during jury selection…
这次审讯的证供涉及性内容
that the testimony in this trial… would be sexually explicit…
你们可能会不安
and you may find it offensive.
甚至对听到的事情反感
You may even be disgusted by what you hear.
但你们要记着:卡碧嘉…
But I want you to remember that Rebecca Carlson…
非因她的性趣而受审
is not on trial for her sexual tastes.
她被控谋杀是可笑的
She is being tried for murder… and to charge her with murder is ludicrous.
控方希望你们相信…
The state would like you to believe…
她藉着性♥交♥杀死马安德
that she somehow fornicated Andrew Marsh to death.
但控方把案件建基于幻想而不是事实
But the state’s case is built on fantasy, not fact.
而事实是完全间接证据
And the facts, as they are… are entirely circumstantial.
作为美女或爱上老头子…
It’s not a crime to be a beautiful woman.
并不是罪
It’s not a crime to fall in love with an older man.
这宗案件不该审讯
This case should have never come to trial.
但既然要审 你们会客观地听取证供
But since it has… I know you’ll listen to the testimony objectively.
当你们客观地听取证供时…
And when you hear the evidence objectively…
就会判卡碧嘉无罪
you will acquit Rebecca Carlson of the charges against her.
麦医生,可有发现…
Dr. McCurdy, did you find any indication…
马先生长♥期♥吸食古♥柯♥碱?
that Mr. Marsh used cocaine on a regular basis?
不,他的鼻膜平滑到让他无法偶尔食用
No. His nasal membranes were way too smooth…
你能断定他如何吞食毒品吗?
Were you able to determine how he ingested this drug?
床边一瓶喷鼻剂内有古♥柯♥碱液
A bottle of nasal spray found next to the bed… was filled with a solution of water and cocaine.
死者死时患有伤风,我相信 他是在不自觉的情况下吸食的
The victim had a head cold at the time of his death. for even occasional use.
反对证人猜测 要求删除证供
The witness is speculating. Motion to strike the testimony.
批准 陪审团无须理会证人的评论
So ordered. The jury should disregard the witness’ comment.
这是你发现的喷鼻剂吗?
I believe he was drugged without his knowledge.

Yes.
这是证物一
Entered as People’s Exhibit “A.”
麦医生,古♥柯♥碱会对马先生有什么影响?
Now, Dr. McCurdy, what would cocaine do… to someone in Mr. Marsh’s condition?
加速心跳 控方有兴趣知道 马先生死前所遭受的对待
It would accelerate his heartbeat. that ended with the death of the victim.
若在这种刺♥激♥下性♥交♥呢?
And if he were having sex… while under the influence of such a stimulant?
等于对他开枪
It would be the same as shooting a loaded gun at him.
验尸报告说
Now, you said in your autopsy report…
他死时被束缚
that Mr. Marsh was restrained at the time of his death.
请解释一下
Can you explain that, please?
从他手腕和床上的痕迹显示
I believe that the victim was handcuffed.
他被戴上手铐
From the marks on his wrists and the bedstead…
在他死时吗?
At the time of his death?
对,瘀痕和摩擦范围广泛
Yes. The bruising and friction was quite extensive.
谢谢,麦医生,到你问了
Thank you, Dr. McCurdy. Your witness.
麦医生,你作供说 以你的意见认为…
Dr. McCurdy, you testified that in your opinion…
马先生心脏病发时被束缚着?
Mr. Marsh suffered his fatal heart attack…while he was restrained.
而你证实这一点
And your evidence for this…

Yes.
因为他的手腕留有痕迹,对吗?
is the marks on his wrist, am I right?
正确
Yes, sir.
他进行性行为时所产生的兴奋
while he was flailing about in the throes of sexual ecstasy?
能否留下同一痕迹呢?
Now, couldn’t those same marks have been made…
应该可以
You are correct.
你找到其他旧的束缚痕迹吗?
Did you find any older marks…
他的足踝上有 这是不外露部分
Just on his ankles. Where they wouldn’t show in public.
反对他作出结论 批准,你应该知道
Objection… counsel’s drawing his own conclusion. I suppose.
McCurdy医生,从医学上说
Dr. McCurdy, can you medically say…
马先生会拒绝兴奋吗?
that Mr. Marsh didn’t decide to get high?
不可能,以他的情况…
This is not possible, to his situation …
你是执业精神科医生吗?
Dr. McCurdy, are you a licensed psychiatrist?
不,我是内科主治医生…
I was the admitting physician.
反对,有争论性 批准
Objection… argumentative. Sustained.
你怎样判断他会做或不做什么?
about what Mr. Marsh would or wouldn’t do?
普通常识
Common sense.
验尸时发现任何证据吗?
Did you find any evidence of that in the autopsy?
你知道马先生有普通常识吗?
Do you know for a fact that Mr. Marsh had any common sense?
你刚才才供称他喜欢不悦的东西
It seems very unlikely that a man in his circumstances…
法官
Your Honor.
我没有问题了
No further questions.
辩方律师
Sustained. You know better, Counsel.
如果我第一天就开始警告你…
if I have to start warning you on the first day.
这会是个漫长的审讯
It’s going to be a long trial for you, Counselor…
帕医生,你在哪里工作?
Where do you work, Dr. Paley?
纪念医院急诊室 我是一名急诊医生
at Memorial Hospital. I am an emergency room physician…
二月五日晚要当班吗?
Were you on duty the night of February 5th of this year?
我负责接收病患
I am in charge of receiving patients.
有接收马安德吗? 有
Did you admit Andrew Marsh? Yes, I did.
什么原因? 中古♥柯♥碱的毒
What was the reason? Cocaine poisoning.
马先生有跟你讨论情况吗?
Did Mr. Marsh discuss the circumstances with you?
有 为了准确,我重看了笔记
Yes, he did. I read my notes again before I came to be accurate.
根据我的笔记
According to my notes,
他告诉我这是他首次吸食古♥柯♥碱
the patient told me… that it was the first time he tried cocaine…
也会是最后一次
and it was going to be the last.
他的情况怎样?
Would you describe his condition, please?
有很多症状
He presented a galaxy of symptoms.
服食古♥柯♥碱所引发的发高烧…
Hyperpyrexia… which is a high fever… associated with cocaine intoxication…
血压上升、心律不正、呼吸短促
severely elevated blood pressure… arrhythmia, shortness of breath.
我检查病人时
And while I was examining the patient…
他出现癫痫症
he experienced status epilepticus.
有这么多症状是常见吗?
Is it common to have so many symptoms occur…
这个病人特别敏感
This patient was particularly sensitive.
他还活着算他好运
I thought he was lucky to go home alive.
你有告诉他吗?
Did you tell him that, Dr. Paley?
我告诉他若他再试就等于自杀
I told him if he ever tried cocaine again… he would be committing suicide.
到辩方问了
Your witness.
我没有问题
No questions for this witness, Your Honor.
巴小姐,马先生死前一天 你有见过他吗?
Did you see Mr. Marsh the day before he died?
当时他是什么样子? 面色苍白和流汗
How did he look? He was pale and sweating.
你有提起卡小姐吗? 有
Did you talk about Miss Carlson? Yes.
他说什么?
And what did he say?
他很担心 我也很担心
That he was worried. I was worried.
他说她继续这样子会杀死他
He said that if she kept it up…she was going to kill him…
他的心脏不能再忍♥受
his heart couldn’t take it.
谢谢,我没有问题了
Thank you. No more questions.
这是老板和秘书的亲密对话
Miss Braslow, this strikes me as an intimate conversation… for a boss to have with his secretary.
你经常讨论他的爱情生活吗?
Did you often discuss his love life?
我们关系特别
We had a professional relationship…
然而我当了他的秘书六年
but I had been his secretary for six years.
他喜欢与我谈话
He liked to talk to me.
他可有提及
Did he also mention to you…
碧嘉考虑搬回芝加哥居住?
that Rebecca was thinking about moving back to Chicago?

Yes, he mentioned it.
既然他心爱的人要离开
So, the woman that he loved passionately…was thinking about leaving.
他岂不是感到心绪不宁?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!