会不会很讽刺?
…if I began to find you irresistible?
我要告诉你一些事
I’m gonna tell you something.
我不想吓到你
And I don’t wanna scare you or anything.
不过我发现你也令人无法拒绝
But I find you irresistible.
到过渡段了
Now that’s the bridge.
我也不是很熟
And I don’t know that too well.
你那些照片里没有你妈妈的照片
In all your pictures, there was no picture of your mother.
跟我讲讲你妈妈吧
Tell me about your mother.
我妈妈是个酒鬼
My mother was an alcoholic.
她喝醉时什么样?
What was she like when she was drunk?
她在喝醉时可好了
She was superb when she was drunk.
她一喝醉就会变得非常好
She’d get good and drunk, she would be fantastic.
这是实话
That’s the truth.
没人像我一样了解她
Nobody knew her like I did.
有一次 我们拿上单车
One time, we took my bicycle…
走路出门…and we just went.
我们到高速路后就开始骑车 她越来越醉了
We got on a highway and we rode, and she was drunker than…
于是我们还没到达目的地天就黑了
And, of course, it got dark before we got to where we were going.
我们不得不打电♥话♥给我爸爸
And we had to call my father up…
他也不得不开车来接我们回去
…and he had to come down in the car and pick us up.
接着我们发现单车没法塞进车里
And we couldn’t get the bicycle in the car…
我妈妈和我就笑了起来
…and my mother started laughing and I started laughing.
我爸爸不是很高兴
My father didn’t like it much.
我们回到家后
And then we’d get her home…
爸爸把妈妈放到了床上 妈妈就清醒了
…and my father would put her to bed and she’d sober up…
就这样
…and it was over.
我只能等她下一次喝醉
And I’d just have to wait for her to get drunk again.
有一个夏天
One summer…
我爸爸
…my father…
送我去婶婶家待了几个星期
…sent me off to visit my aunt for a couple of weeks.
我回来后
And when I got back…
得知我妈妈住院了
…my mother was in a hospital.
他们不让我去看她
And they wouldn’t let me see her.
我不明白他们为什么不让我去看她
I couldn’t understand it. They wouldn’t let me see her.
她死在了她的房♥间里
She died in her room.
我那时候大概11 12岁吧
I must have been about 11 or 12 at the time.
一个护士告诉我
And a nurse…
我妈妈在我离开时给我留了纸条
…there, she told me my mother wrote me a note when I was away.
但是纸条被我爸爸拿走了
But my father took it…
他不让我看
…and he wouldn’t let me see it.
我不明白
I couldn’t understand it.
我记得有一次我试着和他打架
I remember I tried to beat him up one time…
就是为了让他告诉我纸条里写了什么
…just to get him to tell me what was in the note.
他不告诉我
He wouldn’t tell me.
我常常会想纸条的内容
I always wondered what it said.
我知道里面不会是不好的东西
I know it was something nice.
某个故事?
Some story, huh?
这不是真的
It’s not true.
什么?
What?
这不是真的
It’s not true.
是我编的
I made it up.
不是吧 – 是
No. – Yep.
我刚刚编的
I made it up just now.
觉得怎样?
What do you think?
编得好不好?
Was it good?
太棒了 – 是吗
It was superb. – Was it?
我的英语不是很好
It’s no good, my English.
我每天看你跑步
I watch you run every day now.
我也得跑步了
I need it.
你是在训练吗?
Are you training?
不是 只是爱好 跑步让我…
No. I just like to do it. It makes me…
你是英国人吗? – 美国人
Are you English? – American.
你想要水?
You want water?
我只想找个人一起待着
I just wanna be with somebody.
你还好吗?
Are you all right?
我只是想找个人一起待着而已
I just wanna be with somebody. That’s all.
我不想说话
I don’t wanna talk.
我只想找人一起待着
I just want to be with someone.
我在想你的朋友霍兹曼
I’m wondering about your friend Holtzmann.
他怎么样了?
What about him?
我觉得我该回去
I think I would like to go back…
看看他
…and see how he is.
不好意思
Excuse me.
哎
Yes.
你是美国人吗?
Are you American?
是的 – 真的吗?别开玩笑
Yes. – Oh, yeah? No kidding.
你是从哪来的? 我和我妻子从底特律过来
Where you from? We’re from Detroit, the wife and me.
纽瓦克 新泽西州
I’m from New Jersey, Newark.
新泽西州? 我们离得不远
New Jersey? We’re not that far apart.
那个 你能不能… 我让你帮我和我妻子照一张相
Hey, listen. Would you be…? Would I be too presumptuous…
会不会有点无礼了?
…to ask you to take a picture of me and the wife together?
没有啊 我很乐意 – 谢谢 过来吧 艾伦
No. Fine. – Thanks. Come on, Ellen.
他帮我们照相 – 谢谢你
He’s gonna take our picture. – Thank you.
谢谢
Thanks.
你想站在那里? – 这个…
Anywhere you wanna stand? – Well…
以后面的山谷作为背景如何?
With the valley at the background. What do you think?
好了吗?
Okay?
不好意思 焦点在这 你按这里就好了
Oh, sorry. This the focus right here, and you just press that.
我应该已经调好了 我看看 对调好了
I think it’s all set. Let me see. Yeah, it’s set.
好 再靠近点 要不然拍不全
Yeah. Move closer together. I can’t get it.
太感谢了 – 非常感谢
Thanks a lot. – Thank you very much.
为什么我们不给他们照一张呢? – 好啊
Why don’t we take one of them. – Sure.
你介意吗? 我们在为我们的书收集素材
Would you mind? Just for our book.
你知道的 回顾你偶遇的人的样子的感觉
You know what it’s like to look back at the faces you came across.
亨利? – 好啊 你介意吗?
Henry? – Yeah, sure. Do you mind?
不介意啊
No.
好 你就站在我们刚刚站的地方吧
Okay. Why don’t you stand where we stood.
要下雨了啊 往这边站点
Oh, it’s gonna rain. Move over a little here.
来拍吧
Let’s get it.
好 搂着 搂着
Okay. Hold it. Hold it.
就这样 好了吗?
There we are. Okay?
拍好了
Got it.
这样 不如你们留个地址吧
Listen, why don’t you give me your address…
我们把照片寄给你 我会多印一份
…and I’ll send it on to you. I’ll have a copy made.
你要到九月或十二月才能拿到照片 谁知道呢?
You won’t get it until September or December. Who knows?
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
罗伯特·迪尔菲尔德
Robert Deerfield.
罗伯特
Robert…
两个E还是EA? – 两个E
With two E’s or E-A? – Two E’s.
迪尔菲尔德 具体地址是哪 罗伯特?
Deerfield. What’s the address, Robert?
银行街
2162…
2162号♥
…Bank Street.
在纽瓦克 新泽西州的纽瓦克 – 纽瓦克的银行街 记好了
It’s in Newark. Newark, New Jersey. – Bank Street, Newark. Got it.
你会收到我的惊喜邮件的
Okay, you’ll get it in the mail. Be a big surprise.
你知道的 人们经常忘记这样的小事
You know, people forget about things like this.
谢谢 – 再见
Thank you. – So long.
你要走了吗?
You went away?
不走 我在这陪你
No. I’m here.
能给我们一分钟吗?
Could you please leave us for a minute?
我在 亲爱的
I’m here, darling.
你爱我吗?
Do you love me?
爱
Oh, yes.
波比
Bobby…
你明天有什么打算?
…what will you do tomorrow?