-Um… -Okay, okay, okay.
那么…
Now… (giggles )
为什么你们想飘飘欲仙?
why do you want to get stoned?
因为那种感觉很好 伙计
We want to get stoned because it feels good, man.
因为感觉很好?
Because it feels good?
答对了!因为这感觉很棒
Bingo! Because it feels good.
是的
Right.
你想要飘飘欲仙 因为那感觉很棒!
You want to get stoned because it feels good!
-对么?!对! -对
-Right?! Right! -Right.
-对 -错!
-Right. -Wrong!
什…什么?
W-What?
什么… 错了…为什么错了?
Wh… Wr… Why is that wrong?
因为那是种逃避 朋友
Because it’s a cop-out, man.
好吧 那么你能解释下还有什么
Okay, then can you explain to us why, for what other reason
比飘飘欲仙的感觉很好更有理由呢?
than the fact that it feels good do we want to get stoned, man?
因为这是
Because…it’s our way…
我们…
of getting closer…
接近上帝的方式
to God.
这才是你们该期待的
And that is what you’re looking for.
除非你不明白
Except for you didn’t know it…

Yeah.
现在明白了
…untiI this moment.
我不能理解
I had no idea.
哦 我懂了
Well, I knew.
感谢上帝 嗯?
Thank God for me, huh?
绝对的!
Absolutely.
如果我们能拿点大♥麻♥…
So, if we could just get the joint and…
你们知道LSD(一种迷幻剂)吗?
Are you fellas familiar with lysergic acid diethylamide?

Hey.
威廉姆
William.
我昨晚上睡不着
I couldn’t sleep last night
只能出去转转
and I had to get out of the house.
我的家人都快让我发疯了
My folks are driving me nuts.
不请我进去坐坐吗?
You gonna invite me in?
当然
Of course.
这礼服你穿很漂亮
That dress looks great on you.
我们可不走运
You know it’s bad luck.
为什么?
What is?
嗯 新郎在婚礼仪式前看到
Well, for the groom to see the bride in her dress
穿着礼服的新娘
before the wedding.
噢 这样是不是好些?
Oh. Is that better?
傻瓜
You silly.
仪式可以早点吗?
Any chance of getting this in earlier?
对结婚仪式来说似乎晚了点
Seems late for a wedding.
每周二的教堂总比较忙吗?
Chapel sure is busy for a Tuesday.
现在是夏季… 六月新娘很多
It’s summertime–June brides.
对了 你不需要来这儿看我的
You didn’t have to get me this room, by the way.
我哥哥…
My brother…
我的家人都为你的行为很感动 黛安
my family really appreciates what you’re doing, Diane.
这对我们全家来说很重要
It means a lot to all of us.
对于我也是
To me.
你知道 我一直想像我的婚礼
You know, I always thought my wedding would be
是我一生中最激动的那天
the most exciting day of my life.
每个小女孩都有的幻想
Every little girl’s fantasy.
白色的礼服 比我还高的蛋糕
A white dress, cake taller than me,
几百位宾客
hundreds of guests.
这只是个形式 黛安
It’s just a certificate, Diane.
你依然可以拥有那一切
You can still have all of that.
是的
Yeah.
如果今晚嫁给你 能使你免去越南
If marrying you tonight keeps you from going to Vietnam,
那就真的值得
then it’s worth it.
是的
Yeah.
是今日主厨特餐吗 爱德华?
Chef’s Special, Edward?
米格尔 如果可以的话我就会做的
Miguel, you know if I could, I would.
胡说 伙计
Bullshit, man.
我看见你给兄弟们做好吃的了
I see you serving the brothers the good stuff.
还有白人
White folks, too.
你什么时候看见他们吃这种狗食了?
You don’t see them eating this dog food.
上帝啊
Lord, today.
我们每天都要这样么 米格尔?
Do we have to do this every day, Miguel?
你每天都要羞辱棕色人 爱德华
Every day you keep putting the brown man down, Edward.
不停地羞辱棕色人
-(Edward chuckles ) -Keeping the brown man down.
我在羞辱棕色人
I’m putting the brown man down.
是的 让我们羞辱棕色人吧
That’s right. Let’s keep the brown man down.
把他们送回老家
Let’s send the brown man back across the border
那儿有他们的辣妹和豆泥
to his sweet senoritas and his refried beans.
首先 我们没有越境
First of all, we didn’t cross the border.
是边境越过了我们
The border crossed us.
我们的辣妹
And our senoritas are better than
比你吃炸鸡的大屁♥股♥妈妈要漂亮得多
your fried-chicken-eating mama with the big backyard.
嘿 闻到了吗?
Hey, you smell that?
看看…我特别做的
Look at that–my very own
特选脆皮浆果馅饼 新鲜出炉的
special berry cobbler, fresh out of the oven.
但是你说了我妈妈 所以对不起
But since you had to put my mama in it, excuse me.
给你吃 乔斯 好好享用
Here you go, Jose, enjoy.
得了吧 伙计
Come on, man.
得了吧 伙计
Come on, man.
你们墨西哥男孩不会互相骂娘
You Mexican boys can’t play the dozens.
我不明白你为什么还要那么做
I don’t know why you keep on, Miguel.
是啊 伙计
Yeah, man.
你知道什么是骂娘吗?
Man, what do you know about the dozens?
我只知道我有脆皮馅饼吃 而你没有
I know that I got some cobbler and you don’t.
你这个叛徒
You’re a sellout, man.
-你该知道的 -嘿
-You know. -Hey.
味道很好 是吗 乔斯?
It’s good, ain’t it, Jose?

Mm-hmm.
那配方是我曾祖母流传下来的
That recipe was handed down by my great-grandmother.
嗯…
Mm…
嘿 让我尝尝 别这样啊 兄弟
Hey, let me have some of that. Come on, brother.
我们不是兄弟 朋友
We ain’t brothers, amigo.
我们不是朋友 “兄弟”
And we ain’t amigos, “bruh-thuh.”
拿去
Go ahead.
-你 嗯… -嗯…
-You, um… -Mm…
和我们一样做两个轮班么?
You working a double shift like the rest of us?
我当然不了
I most certainly am not.
你肯定是唯一的一个
You must be the only one.
是的 你知道原因
Yeah, and you know why.
为什么?
Why?
那场面不需要我们
Too good-looking for that mess.
你不做两个轮班
You ain’t working a double
是因为白人怕你们黑人
’cause whitey’s afraid of your black ass, man.
他们怕你们
They’re afraid you’re gonna go
像休伊·牛顿那样暴♥力♥ (过去美国黑豹党的领导)
all Huey Newton on them, all violent.
他们也不怕我们 乔斯
See, they ain’t afraid of us yet, Jose.
但是 总有一天 他们会怕的
Not yet, man, but one day, one day they will be, man.
我们会得到应有的尊重
We’re gonna get the respect that we deserve.
我们会收回加利福尼亚
We’re gonna take back California,
收回我们自己的土地
take back our land, man.
在我的厨房♥ 收敛下你的愤怒 年轻人
I want you to park that anger in my kitchen, young man.
把你的手从我肩上拿开 黑鬼
I want you to get your hand off my shoulder, Negro.
好吧 你继续
All right, keep it up.
刚开始几次做这甜品的时候
See, the first few times, I tried to make this dessert,
我总是做不好
couldn’t get it right.
不是多放了糖就是少放了糖
Too much sugar one time, not enough sugar the next time,
总找不到适当的量
couldn’t find the balance.
我意识到我太急于求成了
I realized I was forcing it.
想把味道做得跟妈妈和外婆做的一样
You know, trying to make it taste like my mama’s or her mama’s.
但我自己没有一点章法和灵感
Mine didn’t have any poetry, didn’t have any light.
然后我又意识到我可以先强迫自己
And then I realized I was trying to force it
尝起来味道像妈妈和外婆做的一样
to taste like my mother’s, taste like her mother’s.
那就成了爱德华的创造发明

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!