-Sir… -Senator, this way.
这里是CBS新闻
This is a CBS News special report
关于加州初选的特别报道
on the California primary.
我是沃尔特·克朗凯
Here is Walter Cronkite.
嗯 就如我们先前所说的那样
Well, as we said a moment ago,
今晚加州的计票工作也许会相当慢
the count may be rather slow from California tonight.
这次投票工作之所以异常复杂
The voting out there offers unusual complexities,
不仅仅是缘于今年首次采用的计票方式
not only in the manner of counting this year
更是由投票过程所造成的
for the first time, but in the very process of balloting.
CBS新闻通讯员麦克·华♥莱♥士♥ 就在我们的演播室
CBS News correspondent Mike Wallace, at our studios here,
也许他能让我们更明白
can perhaps give us a little explanation
这次的投票和计票过程 麦克?
of that voting and the way it’s being tallied. Mike?
今晚加州的选票制表过程
The actual, uh, vote tabulation, Walter,
将会相当缓慢
is going to be extremely slow, tonight, in California.
这个州的大部分地区
A large part of the state,
包括洛杉矶郡的7000个选区
incIuding the 7,000 precincts in Los Angeles County
使用了新的自动投票仪器
are using new automated voting equipment,
也就是由电脑进行计票
where the ballots are counted by computers.
虽然说这让我们感觉
Now, although on the face of it,
计票过程会变得更快
that would seem to indicate a faster count,
但实际上这种新系统 反而使得计票更加缓慢
the fact is that the new voting system is going to be slower
你好 大卫
Hello, David.
嘿 韦德
Hey, Wade.
那么 德维安
So, Dwayne…
你准备好会见下任美国总统了吗?
you ready to meet the next President of the United States?
别紧张 他不会咬你的
Come on, he’s not gonna bite ya.
哦 这可不好说
Oh, I wouldn’t be so sure about that.
好吧
Okay.
去吧 没事的
Go get him. You’ll be fine.
这89个选区的样本
sample of 89 precincts,
集中代表了
which, together, represent closely
这个州的选票和民调
to where the state votes and polls.
一旦这89个样本返回…
As soon as returns are available from those 89…
女士们 先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
椰林俱乐部
-the Coconut Grove -(drumroll)
为您隆重介绍 我们可爱的
proudly presents the lovely,
无与伦比的天才 维吉尼亚·法隆
the talented, the incomparable Virginia Fallon.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
挥棒 是三垒区的地滚球
Swung on, a ground ball wide of third.
是布莱尔 有机会了
It’s Blair, has the chance.
他成功了!
-# Never gonna break my faith # -He’s done it!
1946年春季
Spring, 1946.
那是我们国家最后一次自♥由♥选举
The last free election in my country.
但是共♥产♥党人还是夺去了政♥权♥
And yet the Communists still took power.
你问的可不是这个 巴克利先生
That’s not what you asked, Mr. Buckley!
铁幕正在降下
The Iron Curtain is coming down.
杜布切克更偏向于西方世界
Dubcek favors greater relations with the West.
他是我们民族的希望
He’s the man of the people,
就像肯尼迪参议员对于你们的意义一样
like Senator Kennedy.
我写的不是宣传材料
I am not going to write a propaganda piece.
参议员在大使舞厅演讲之后
After the senator’s speech in the Embassy Ballroom,
殖民厅将举♥行♥一场秘密记者招待会
there will be a private press conference in the Colonial Room.
我会安排给你发放相关证件的
I will see to it that you have the proper credentials.
你得到你的五分钟的了 雅纳切克小姐
You have your five minutes, Miss Janacek.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你 巴克利先生!非常感谢!
Thank you, Mr. Buckley! Thank you so much!
请慢点走
Please slow down.
穿着这双破鞋 我都快走不了路了
I can barely walk in these silly shoes.
但是看起来很优雅
But they look fabulous.
我还不知道你的生日呢
I don’t know your birthday.
八月三号♥
August 3.
我对你很不了解 黛安
I don’t know a lot about you, Diane.
你最喜欢吃什么 最喜欢什么颜色
Your favorite food, your favorite color.
你最喜欢看的书和电影我也不知道
I don’t know your favorite book or movie.
我甚至不知道你的肚脐
I don’t even know if your belly button
是内凹的还是外凸的
is an innie or an outie.
内凹的
An innie.
不过你怎么会不知道呢?
But I’m surprised you didn’t know that.
呼
-Whew! -Apurate! Apurate!
-天! -天 你觉得
-Man! -Chingale, man, you think
他们会再用这些杯子吗?
they could use the same glasses more than once?
它们就被码在那里
It is packed in there.
外面起码有一千人
There’s got to be over a thousand people.
先生们 干得怎样?
Gentlemen. How was it out there?
相当好
It was fantastic.
对 我们嗑了药 然后去看电影
Yeah, we dropped acid and went to the movies.
边嗑药边看决战猩球
Planet of the Apes on acid?
你一定得去试试 真的很…
You got to try it, it’s…
特大好消息
Tidings of great joy.
试音一 二 试音一 二
Test one, two. Test one, two.
女士们 先生们 请大家听我说 好吗?
Ladies and gentlemen, could I have your attention, please?
拜托 女士们 先生们 请听我说好吗?
Please, ladies and gentlemen, could I have your attention?
我们有事情要宣布
We have an announcement that we would like to make.
从16%的选区传来的消息…
With 16% of precincts now reporting…
我看还是你来读吧
Why don’t you go ahead and read this?
未来的交通部长德伦·克拉克 女士们先生们
Future Secretary of Transportation, Dwayne Clark, ladies and gentlemen.
从超过16%的选区传来的消息…
With over 16% of the precincts now reporting…
我认得这个声音
I recognize his voice.
他很可爱
He’s cute.
嘿…我觉得他们应该 听我的爱情故事才对
Hey… my love life is the one that needs some attention.
…合众国
…of the United States,
参议员罗伯特·F·肯尼迪
Senator Robert F. Kennedy.
你看起来美极了
You look wonderful.
谢谢
-Thank you. -(laughs )
让我看看
Let’s see ’em.
-真是个好女孩 -谢谢
-Good girl. -Thanks.
这应该就是那个幸运的男人了
This must be the… the lucky man.
这是米利亚姆 这是我丈夫 威廉
Miriam, meet my husband, William.
-很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你
-Nice to meet you. -Nice to meet you.
抱歉 借过
Sorry. Excuse me.
借过
Excuse me.
借过
Excuse me…
借过
Excuse me.
你当交通部长会不会太年轻了一点?
Aren’t you a little young to be Secretary of Transportation?
我会好好收拾他的
I’m gonna strangle him.
我认得你的声音
I recognize your voice.
是么 你在FBI工作?
Really. Do you work for the FBI?
你就是506的那个小兄弟
You’re the young brother
那个总是大喊大叫的愤青
from 506 that’s always yelling and always angry.
在哪里我都认得出来
I’d recognize it anywhere.
看来你的确是FBI的人
So you do work for the FBI.
我是这个酒店的接线员
I’m a switchboard operator for the hotel.
帕特丽夏
Patricia.
你叫什么 小愤青?
What’s your name, angry young brother?
德维安
Dwayne.
我也不总是那么愤世嫉俗
I’m not always angry.
我还要一个盒子
I need another box.
乔斯 给我拿个盒子过来
Jose, come on with the box.
我来了
I’m-I’m coming.
借过 借过 我来了
Excuse me. Excuse me. I’m coming.
这里这么多人
How in the hell are we supposed to work
叫我们怎么他妈的干活?
with all these people here?
不知道 不过我可从来没见过
I don’t know, but I ain’t never seen
厨房♥里有这么多白人
so many white people in the kitchen before.
-嘿 苏珊 -嘿
-Hey, Susan. -Hey.
看看我的小瘾君子们
How are my little drug addicts?
我好象从没见你穿过制♥服♥以外的衣服
I don’t think I have ever seen you out of your uniform.
当然我们心里都已经意淫过了
But we’ve both fantasized about it before.
他还在亢奋
He’s still high.
-他还在很亢奋 -不 我没有
-He’s still high. -No, I’m not.
不 你的确还很亢奋