你好 是德怀特吗
Hello? Dwight?
是的 你可以稍等一下吗 我在忙点事情
Yes, can you just hang on a moment? I’m just in the middle of something.
你好
Hello, how are you?
不 没事 只是有点工作要忙而已
No, no, no, it’s just some business I had to attend to.
不 不 没关系
Oh, no, no. No, that’s fine.
我知道首都有多忙
I know how hectic things can get in the nation’s capital.
什么时候
When?
呃…我刚好约了个客户
Uh… well, I’m actually meeting a client
在费尔蒙酒店喝点东西
for a drink in the Fairmont,
要不你到大堂接我
so why don’t you pick me up in the lounge?
很好
Great.
不 3点很好
No, no, no, 3 is perfect.
好 再见
Okay, bye-bye.
-我想把这面墙做高点 -嗯 很好看
-I’d like to make this wall higher. -Oh, well, it’s lovely.
我知道你会喜欢
I knew you’d like it.
花♥园♥建得很完善
Oh, and the garden is so established.
-漂亮 -对 不错
-Oh. It’s beautiful. -Yeah, it’s all right.
走廊很好看 我知道你为什么喜欢它了
The porch is so charming. I can see why you love it.
-我要叫人打理的 -这些兰花
-I have to get someone to take care of it. -The orchids, oh.
噢 这…
Oh, this…
-这真是太壮观了 -是吧
-This is spectacular. -Right?
-我觉得太高兴了 -看看这些线条和灯
-I think it’s incredibly cheerful. -Oh, look at the flow, and the light.
-我想说…-一路通过去那边
-I mean, it… -It goes a ways that way as well.
-我马上灵感四溅了 -是吗
-I have a million ideas immediately. -Oh, yeah?
壁炉 让我想起汉普斯顿那些度假胜地
Oh, the fireplace. Reminds me of those places in the Hamptons.
-真是赏心悦目 -你有在汉普斯顿工作过吗
-So delightful. -You’ve done work in the Hamptons?
-我们有朋友在那里 -对
-We have friends out there. -Yes.
-好的 -对 我有设计过很多
-All right. -Yes, I’ve done a number of
海边别♥墅♥
beach houses.
给你看看风景
Let me show you the view.
我可以看到…
Well, I can see…
-天啊 太壮观了 -是吧
-Oh, my God, it’s enormous. -Right?
我从未 我…你这里可以容纳三四百人
I had no I… you could have 3 or 400 people out here.
我没那么多朋友 不过这里确实很大
I don’t have that many friends, but sure.
这样的风景 真是令人惊叹
The view, it’s just breathtaking.
安德烈亚和我以前经常有很多乐子
Andrea and I used to do a lot of entertaining.
我猜你住在纽约时也是
I bet you did, living in New York.
你谈到我的特长了
Well, now you’re talking about my specialty.
我最擅长举办晚宴了
You know, I gave the best dinner parties in the city.
嗯
Hm.
来
Come here.
噢
Ooh.
我吓到了
I’m shocked.
噢 是吗
Oh, yeah?
你感觉如何 说真的
What’s your reaction, really?
我感觉
Well, my reaction is
-如果你喜欢可以再来一次 -是吗
-you can do it again if you like. -Oh, yeah?
我一直想要四柱床 看这个
I’ve always wanted a canopy bed. Look at this.
-看上去很有趣 -是啊 对吧
-Oh. Yeah, that looks interesting. -It is, right?
是19世纪中期的风格吗
Is that mid-19th century?
-我不知道 -嗯 不是 所有部件都在这里
-I have no idea. -Yeah. Well, no, all the pieces are here.
我确实…喜欢这些杆 但是这些床…
I do… I love the posts, but these beds, they’re just…
不够宽
Well, they’re not very wide.
-是吗 我们也没那么宽 -噢 德怀特
-Oh, yeah? Well, we’re not very wide. -Oh, Dwight.
我们可以在上面挂亚麻布…
We could do the top in a muslin or linen…
-对 你想怎样都行 -不是…
-Yeah, yeah, whatever you think. -Well, it’s not…
你知道吗 昨晚我们在嘿♥咻♥时
You know, last night when we were making love,
我才知道自从安德烈亚去世后
I realized how removed from the world
-我有多远离这个世界 -我知道 我知道…
-I’ve been since Andrea died. -I know, I know. I…
我觉得感觉一来 你就…
I think when something’s right, you just…
-马上知道了 -是吗
-You know it immediately. -Oh, yeah?
-你…你听出来了吗 -哇
-Do you…? Do you hear that? -Wow.
-你听出是贝斯吗 -听出来了
-Can you hear the bass, though? -Yeah.
就像这种贝斯 然后就是高阶
Like, the bass and then the high-end definition.
我肯定会买♥♥一个的 对
I’m definitely gonna get one. Yup.
-我送这个给你 -不 不用
-I’m giving you this one. -No, you’re not.
-我会的 -天啊
-Yeah, I am. -Oh, my God.
来 你真好
Come here. You’re so sweet.
-你真好 -你真好
-You’re sweet. -You’re sweet.
-你想跳舞吗 -想
-You wanna dance? -Yeah.
这是在跳舞吗
Isn’t this dancing?
是 这是慢舞 很…
Yeah, this is slow dancing, which is really…
-什么 -这就是重点 我总是说很适合
-What? -Well, it’s the key, I always say
嘿♥咻♥
to good lovemaking.
-是吗 -是的
-Is that right? -Yeah.
你觉得妈妈今晚去哪儿了
Where do you think Mom is tonight?
她今晚有约会
Oh, she’s got a date tonight.
那很好 我想知道她在哪儿
Oh, that’s cool. I wonder where she is.
我觉得不会在奶酪店
Well, I don’t think she’s at Chuck E. Cheese.
我会照顾你们的 我是个贴心保姆
I’m gonna babysit you. I’m a good babysitter.
你知道吗
Yeah. You know?
你现在该照顾小孩了 我以前小的时候经常做保姆
You should babysit. I used to babysit when I was a teenager.
这样才能赚点零花钱
It’s how you make extra money.
妈妈说你从来没有工作 因为你很有钱
Mom said you never did any work, because you were so rich.
因为我以前不知道自己想成为怎样的人
Well, I didn’t know what I wanted to become.
我丈夫豪尔让我神魂颠倒
And Hal, my husband, he swept me off my feet.
“蓝月”就是当时放的歌♥曲 你知道这首歌♥吧
“Blue Moon” was the song that was playing. You know the song “Blue Moon.”
但我一直想为自己的生活做点什么
Yeah, but I always wanted to do something with my life.
我精力充沛
You know, I had energy.
我不是只会去购物 午宴和音乐会
I didn’t just shop and lunch and go to matinees.
我也为穷♥人♥运行慈善机构
You know, I ran charities for poor people
为博物馆和学校筹钱
and, you know, raised some money for museums and schools.
财富伴随着责任
You know, with wealth comes responsibilities.
我也不是像那些所谓的朋友那样的愚蠢消费者
I wasn’t just some mindless consumer like so many of my so-called friends.
尽管我也不会说自己不喜欢买♥♥漂亮的衣服
Though I won’t say I dislike buying pretty clothes.
孩子们 小费要给高点
Tip big, boys.
因为这样才能享受周到服务 他们也依赖小费
Tip big, because you get good service and they count on tips.
你要知道有一天你发达了
You know, someday when you come into great wealth,
也必须要慷慨大方
you must remember to be generous.
妈妈说你以前没事的 但是后来你疯了
Mom said you used to be okay, but you got crazy.
对 然后你就自言自语
Yeah, and then you talked to yourself.
在人们跑到街上尖叫之前
Well, there’s only so many traumas a person can withstand
他们可以承受的精神创伤是有限的
until they take to the streets and start screaming.
说得没错 孩子们 他们在路上发现我自言自语
That’s right, boys, they picked me up on the street talking to myself
然后就给了爱迪生的药我吃
and gave me something called Edison’s Medicine.
为什么是爱迪生
Why Edison?
因为电力可以让你思路清晰
Because they use electricity to get you thinking straight.
一切都如此迅速地解决了
See, everything unraveled so quickly.
我开始感到焦虑和幽闭
You know, I started experiencing anxiety and claustrophobia
很怕死
and this acute fear of death.
晚上做噩梦 神经衰弱
You know, I had nightmares and a nervous breakdown.
你肯定听过百忧解和锂
I mean, you must have heard of prozac and lithium.
所有这些药只是加重我的病情
Well, all those drugs just made me worse.
当然我也怀疑
Of course, you know, I probably did suspect
豪尔做的事情不是百分百光明正大
that not everything Hal did was always 100-percent aboveboard.
天啊 你最好装成一个傻瓜
Christ, I mean, you’d have to be an idiot
不要怀疑他那些根本没可能的伟大成就
not to think his phenomenal success was too good to be true. Heh, heh, heh.
但欺骗就是欺骗
But a cheat is a cheat.
当他有外遇时 我就揭发了
And when he had other women, I just flipped out.
一环套一环…
You know, and one thing led to another and…
但这些都成为历史了 孩子们
But that’s all history, boys.
我遇到了另一个人 我重新做人了
I met someone. I’m a new person.
-东西都拿齐了吗 -齐了 这些放到厨房♥
-Get everything? -Yes. These in the kitchen?
-好的 -我不敢相信你竟然买♥♥了这么贵的东西
-Sure. -I can’t believe how much you paid for it.
我知道很荒谬 而且它们是旧的
I know it’s ridiculous and it’s old.
还不知道能不能用
God knows if it even works.
我们有阳台可以放望远镜 观看旧金山海湾上空的星星
We have the terrace for a telescope. Watch the stars over San Francisco Bay.
嗯 而且看到的月亮肯定美极了
Mm. And the moon will look incredible through it.
-有用过它来望月吗 -我可以想象得到
-Ever seen the moon through that? -Oh, I can imagine.
我可以问你个问题吗
Hey, can I ask you something?