小事故
Some little crackup.
他本来不会死的 那是个意外
He wasn’t supposed to die. That car was an accident.
我得告诉你多少遍?
How many times I gotta tell you that?
曼尼 咱们害死了他
Manny, we got him killed.
哦 等等 咱们?
Oh, hey, wait. We?
“咱们”是什么意思?咱们什么也没干
What do you mean, we, huh? We didn’t do nothin’.
我在树林子里 你在车里 我没射轮胎 你也没有
I was in the woods, you were in the car. I didn’t shoot out no tyre. You didn’t neither.
所以 拜托别跟我来道德良心这一套
So, please, don’t give me none of this conscience shit, huh?
再说了 事情弄成这样也没人为此而哭
Besides, nobody is exactly cryin’ over the way things turned out.
要是那家伙活着会发生什么事?
What would’ve happened if the guy had lived?
他的事业就毁了 拜我们所赐
His career was finished, thanks to us.
这种结果对那家伙倒好了
This way the guy comes out ahead.
他成了圣人 烈士
He’s a saint, a martyr.
老天 今早他们还通过了他的一个议案
Christ, they passed one of his bills this morning.
你是头猪 曼尼
You’re a pig, Manny.
我也是头猪 – 什么猪不猪的鬼话?你这是怎么回事?
And I’m a pig too. – What the hell is with this ‘pig’ shit? What’s the matter with you?
我们得说出真♥相♥ 否则就结案了 残局要被收拾了
We gotta tell the truth before the books are closed and the loose ends are cut off.
你说什么呢?
What are you talkin’ about?
麦克雷是被谋杀的 大家应该知道
McRyan was murdered and everybody should know that.
你疯了?咱们害死了他 你想坐牢吗?
Are you crazy? We got him killed. Do you wanna go to jail?
没错 可当时我在车里 你在树林里
Yeah, but I was in the car and you were in the woods.
你以为会有人相信吗?
You think anybody is gonna believe that?
我不知道 但我必须做点什么
I don’t know but I gotta do somethin’.
对 比如闭上嘴 拿钱
Yeah, like just keep your mouth shut and take the money.
嘿 宝贝听着 这是扎普顿影片肯尼迪遇刺影片之后最大的事情
Hey, babe, listen. This is the biggest thing since the Zapruder film.
我不管 – 这事更大
I don’t care. – It’s bigger.
这可是历史事件 姑娘
This is history we got here, girl.
这会成为一大笔财富
This is gonna be a goddam fortune.
会登上每一家报纸 会登上每一家杂♥志♥
It’s gonna be in every newspaper. It’s gonna be in every magazine.
会在他妈的“六点钟”新闻播出
It’s gonna be on the fuckin’ six o’clock news.
他们会围绕这事制♥作♥电视特辑
They’re gonna build TV specials around this thing.
他们会为此大捞一笔
And they’re gonna ask a goddam fortune for it.
嘿 你不明白吗宝贝?咱们发了
Hey. Don’t you understand, sweetheart? We’re set.
我不管 曼尼 我不要沾这件事的边
I don’t care, Manny. I don’t want any part of this thing.
你可以留着那事后3千
You can keep your three after.
嘿 别这么傻了
Hey, don’t be such a dope, huh?
钱就是钱
Money’s money.
我们就像是两只秃鹫
We sound like a couple of vultures.
猪 秃鹫…你是吞了一整箱动物饼干吗?
Pigs, vultures… You swallow a whole box of animal crackers?
我需要喝一点 曼尼 给我一杯酒
I need a drink, Manny. Come on, give me a drink.
好 当然 咱们喝一杯 – 瓶子给我
Yeah, sure I’ll get us a drink. – Just give me the bottle.
哦 你在动脑筋了 宝贝
Hey, now you’re thinkin’, babe.
也许咱们可以去亚特兰大城 – 我不喜欢亚特兰大城
We’ll go over to Atlantic City maybe. – I don’t like Atlantic City.
不喜欢?我会带你四处转转 – 住手 不要
No? I’ll show you around. – Stop. Come on.
我们会有很多美好时光 – 曼尼 住手
We’ll have a lot of good times. – Manny, stop.
宝贝 我们会开心大笑 – 拜托 曼尼 不要
Sweatheart, We’ll have a lotta laughs. – Please, Manny, don’t. Don’t do this.
曼尼 求你 求你
Manny, please. Please.
放松 宝贝
Relax, baby.
太好了
Fantastic. Ah.
好极了
Great.
如何?现在怎么办? – 你太棒了
Well? Now what? – You’re great.
我要给那个电视记者打电♥话♥ 我们要广播出去
I’m gonna call that TV guy. We’re gonna get it on the air.
我给你做些吃的吧? – 好 这样不错
Can I make you somethin’ to eat? – Yeah, that’d be fine.
玉米片怎么样? – 都行
How about some cornflakes? – Anything.
请找弗兰克·唐纳休 我是杰克·泰瑞
Frank Donahue, please. It’s Jack Terry.
喂 – 唐纳休先生 杰克·泰瑞的电♥话♥ 请稍候
Yeah? – Mr. Donahue, Jack Terry calling. One moment please.
唐纳休先生 – 杰克 什么事
Mr Donahue? – Jack. Yeah.
听着 我改主意了 我要你听听那带子
Listen, I’ve changed my mind. I want you to hear that tape.
我还拿到了整卷卡普的胶片
I’ve also got the whole Karp’s oraginal film.
如果把它们放在一起 任何人都看得出那不是意外
If you run ’em together, anyone can see it wasn’t an accident.
太好了 杰克
That’s great, Jack.
我现在不能说 能不能20分钟后给你打回去?你号♥码多少?
Look, I can’t talk now. Can I get back to you in 20 minutes? What’s your number?
我不知道为什么
I don’t know why.
她要我♥干♥的
She wanted me to do it.
是她要求的 她求我做 那个婊♥子♥
She asked for it. She begged me for it, the bitch.
我…我不想干
I… I didn’t wanna do it.
她让我♥干♥的
She made me do it.
你问她 她会告诉你
You ask her. She’ll tell you.
好吧 她在哪? – 我不知道 某个地方
OK. Where is she? – I don’t know. Somewhere.
在那个大洞里 靠近雷丁市场 那里正在搞建筑
In that big hole, near the Reading Market, where they’re buildin’ somethin’.
但不要听她的 她让我♥干♥的
But don’t listen to her. She made me do it.
好 告诉我你在哪儿
OK. Just tell me where you are.
哪…
Where…
听着 杰克
Listen, Jack.
你要知道 这东西没有意义 除非你来上电视
You realise this won’t mean a thing unless you come on the air…
然后说是你看见和听见的
…and you say it’s what you saw and heard?
我会说是我听见的 – 好 太好了
I’ll say it’s what I heard. – OK. That’s great.
杰克 那女孩怎么样?
Jack, what about that girl?
她在场 她一定听见了 我们能让她来吗?
She was there. She must have heard it. Can we get her on?
不 你看 她是在场 但别牵扯她 好吗?
No. Look, she did, but don’t involve her, OK?
干嘛不? – 因为她…她并不认可自己的行为
Why not? – Well, because she just…She’s not exactly proud of what she did.
好 没问题 杰克 不过…
OK. No problem, Jack. But…
至少让我跟她谈谈?
could I at least talk to her?
这个就看她了 – 好 我会处理的
Well, that’s up to her. I… – OK. Look, I’ll take care of that.
杰克 你能不能等一下?
Jack, could you hold on just one second?
杰克 咱们何时见?我何时能看到东西? – 随时
Jack, when can we get together? When can I see this stuff? – Uh, any time.
好极了 我下午能否给你电♥话♥?哪儿能找到你?
Great. Can I give you a call this afternoon? Where can I reach you?
我整天在家 – 好 我到时打电♥话♥ 再见
I’ll be home all day. – OK. I’ll call you then. So long.
嗨 你好吗? – 听着 我刚跟唐纳休打过电♥话♥
Oh, hi. How’re you doing? – Listen, I just spoke to Donahue.
他是谁? – 你知道的 一个电视记者 只做调查新闻
Who’s he? – You know, a TV newsman. Does investigative pieaces.
哦 对我没意义 我不看新闻
Oh, it doesn’t mean anything to me. I don’t watch the news.
什么?
What?
他想干嘛?
What’s he wanna do?
嗯 他说他要播出去
Well, he said he’d put it on the air.
他待会儿给我打电♥话♥安排会面 – 太好了
He’d call later and set up a meeting. – That’s great.
他还说想要我上电视 说那是我所见所闻
He also said he’d like me to go on TV and say that it’s what I saw and heard.
他说不这样做带子就没有用处
Said the tape wouldn’t be any good without it.
但他也想让你上电视
But he’d also like you to go on too.
哦不 算了 我不想参与此事
Oh, no. Forget it, I don’t want any part of it.
我知道你不想被牵连 但至少你能否跟他谈谈?
Well, I know you don’t wanna get involved, but would you at least speak to him?
不 我不想
No, I don’t want to.
好了 莎莉 他们不可能说咱俩都听岔了
Come on, Sally. They can’t say we’re both hearing things.
要是我们公开此事 就没人能伤害我们了
If we get this out in the open, there’s no one that can hurt us.
好吧 我考虑一下好吗?
All right, look, I’ll think about it, OK?
今早在市政厅 费城警方总警监麦基召开了记者招待会
At City Hall this morning, Chief Inspector Mackey at Philadelphia police held a news conference.
他说对麦克雷州长之死的初步调查…
He said a preliminary investigation into Governor McRyan’s death…
揭示出他是一场怪异的意外事故受害者
…revealed that he was the victim of a freak accident.
胡扯 – 今天其它新闻…
Bullshit. – Also in the news today…
关于玛丽·罗伯特的离奇色情凶杀
…is the bizarre sex killing of Mary Robert,
来自中♥央♥城区的22岁女招待
a 22-year-old receptionist from the Center City area.
她的尸体上午十点在雷丁车站施工现场被发现
Her body was found at 10 a.m. in the Reading Terminal excavation site…
此前警方接到一个匿名电♥话♥爆料
…after police received a tip from an anonymous caller.
这女孩先是被掐脖子
The girl had been strangled,
然后其腹部及腹股沟被利器反复戳刺
then repeatedly stabbed with a pointed instrument across her stomach and groin.
刺伤形成一个自♥由♥钟的形状
The stab marks were in the pattern of a Liberty Bell.
警方无法解释此怪异伤残
The police are at a loss to explain this grotesque mutilation.
我们询问了法医心理学家约瑟夫·福克斯博士
We asked forensic psychologist Dr Joseph Fuchs…
这个自♥由♥钟形状的伤口可能会跟…
…what connection there might be between the bell-shaped wounds…
即将来到的自♥由♥日庆典有关吗?
…and the upcoming Liberty Day celebration.
喂 我是莎莉 – 嗨 莎莉 我是弗兰克·唐纳休
Hi. This is Sally. – Hi, Sally. Frank Donahue here.
对 你应该给杰克打电♥话♥的
Yeah, you were supposed to call Jack.
对 你看 这事太操蛋了
Yes, you know, Sally, It’s the damnedest thing.
我没法电♥话♥联♥系♥杰克安排会面
I can’t get Jack on the phone to arrange a meeting.
他的电♥话♥整天占线 所以 我就想着给你打一个
His line’s been busy all day. So I thought I’d give you a ring.
哦 怎样?
Yeah? So?
你的电♥话♥出问题了
Something’s wrong with your phone.
我整天试着给你打电♥话♥ 总是听到忙音
I’ve been trying to call you all day. I kept gettin’ a busy signal.
你说什么呢?
What’re you talking about?
我一下午都在这儿 一直在等唐纳休的电♥话♥
I’ve been here all afternoon, I’ve been waitin’ for Donahue’s call.
哦对 他也在给你打电♥话♥
Oh, yeah, he’s been trying to call you too.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!