你猜我在那里遇到了谁?唐·何塞·阿尔瓦雷斯。
And who do you suppose I met there? Don Jose Alvarez.
他看到我和一头公牛搏斗,一头巨大的公牛。
He saw me fight a bull, an enormous bull.
他说他是我无条件的崇拜者。
He said he was my unconditional admirer.
他想在我成为斗牛士后当我的经纪人。
He wants to be my manager when I get to be a matador.
我希望我永远不会看到那一天。
I hope I never see the day.
我已经下定决心了。我可不想下半辈子都饿死在西班牙凉菜汤和烂鳕鱼上。
I’ve made up my mind. I’m not gonna starve for the rest of my life on gazpacho and rotten codfish.
还有cararnacion,她呢?
And encarnacion, how about her?
除非我为她的嫁妆赚钱,否则她怎么能找到丈夫呢?和你……我不想看到你下半辈子都跪着擦地板。
How could she get a husband unless I make money for her dowry? And you… I don’t wanna see you for the rest of your life on your knees scrubbing floors.
你父亲也是这么说的。
That’s what your father said too.
我就在这里……跪着。
And here I am… On my knees.
哦,你。
Oh, you.
你是你父亲,又回来折磨我了。
You’re your father come back to plague me again.
他死了一次,而我死了一千次。
He died once, and I died a thousand times.
每次他走进斗牛场。现在你…你想让我死一千次。
Every time he went into the ring. And now you… You want me to die a thousand times more.
玛德丽,我已经伤害了你很多,也许我还会伤害你更多。
Madre, I’ve hurt you a lot, and maybe I’ll hurt you some more.
如果我做了,请原谅我。
If I do, please forgive me.
也许有一天你会为我感到骄傲。
And maybe someday you’ll be proud of me.
哦!
Oh!
再见,madrecita。
Good-bye, madrecita.
-来吧。你转得太快了。-他今天状态不好。
– Come on. You turn too quick. – He’s no good today.
来吧。你跑得再快一点。
Come on. Just a little more speed there in your run.
他没有风度。
He has no grace.
你好,朋友。
Hola, amigos.
-我们有发现了。-是啊,一个惊喜。
– We got something. – Yeah, a surprise.
-我知道了。-过来。
– I got it. – Come over here.
-你绝对猜不到那是什么。-什么事?
– You’d never guess what it is. – What is it?
-一个惊喜。-一匹马!
– A surprise. – A horse!
是的。我开始思考。
Yes. I got to thinking.
马德里离这里有600公里。
Madrid’s 600 kilometers from here.
我发现马站在路边,我想……好主意,马诺洛。
I found the horse standing near the road, and I thought… Good idea, Manolo.
——等待。那是我的马。-谁是这支队伍的头儿?
– Wait. That’s my horse. – Who’s the leader of this cuadrilla?
你可以自称领袖,但我要骑马。
You may call yourself the leader, but I’m going to ride the horse.
一个斗牛士在他的手下骑马的时候走路该是什么样子?
How’s it going to look for a matador to walk while one of his men rides a horse?
我也要成为一名斗牛士。
I’m going to be a matador too.
我们不妨在开始前就一件事达成一致。
We might as well agree on one thing before we start.
这里只有一个斗牛士,他叫胡安·加拉多。
There’s only one matador in this cuadrilla, and his name is Juan gallardo.
-塞巴斯蒂安,你在听吗?——永远。
– Sebastian, are you with me? – Always.
——Potaje ?-我明白了。
– Potaje? – I follow.
——巴勃罗?-我也是。
– Pablo? – Me too.
——马诺洛?-好吧,我马上就来,但我要骑马。
– Manolo? – I’m coming along, all right, but I ride.
解决这种事只有一个办法。
There’s only one way to settle a matter like this.
-我们做不到的。-我们会做到的。
– We’ll never make it. – We’ll make it.
不是走路。
Not by walking.
谁说要走路了?你们留在这里。
Who said anything about walking? You men stay here.
你打算怎么办?
What are you gonna do?
-停车。-你要怎么阻止它?
– Stop the train. – How are you gonna stop it?
你见过公牛拦下火车吗?
Have you ever seen a bull stop a train?
-是的,但你不是牛。-我能拦住公牛,所以我也能拦住火车。
– Yes, but you’re not a bull. – I can stop a bull, so I can stop a train.
祝你晚上愉快,工程师先生。
God give you a good evening, sefior engineer.
什么?
What?
我们要去马德里的走廊。
We’re on our way to the corrida in Madrid.
Mi capitén,我们从塞维利亚远道而来。
Mi capitén, we’ve come all the way from sevilla.
我们已经走了500公里了,太棒了。
We’ve walked 500 kilometers already, excelencia.
好吧,你们这些该死的小鬼。登上。
All right, you whelps of hell. Get aboard.
来吧,muchachos!
Come on, muchachos!
同志们,你们想怎么做就怎么做。
Compafieros, you may do as you please.
但对我来说,我不干了。
But as for me, I’m through.
我们注定要失败了,我们所有人,因为我们没有受过教育。
We’re doomed, all of us, because we haven’t got an education.
十年来,我们在上百个舞台上冒险。
For 10 years now, we’ve been risking our necks in a hundred arenas.
我们在哪里?就是我们开始的地方。
And where are we? Just where we started from.
如果我们加入了工人联合会,为我们的阶级服务,那该有多好啊。
How much better it would’ve been if we’d joined up with the workman’s federation and served our class.
或者至少加入了国民民兵,为我们的国家服务。
Or at ieastjoined the national militia and served our country.
事实上,我们服侍过谁呢?
As it is, whom have we served?
没有人,包括我们自己。
Nobody, not even ourselves.
我们中有一个人过得还不错。
One of us hasn’t done so badly for himself.
呃,juanmo吗?
Eh, juanmo?
-我没什么可抱怨的,马诺洛。-我可以。
– I can’t complain, Manolo. – I can.
-我的口袋空了。-你挣的没我多。
– My pockets are empty. – You don’t make as much as I do.
你的口袋里现在装满了比塞塔。
Your pockets are bulging with pesetas right now.
四千。这个季节还不错。
Four thousand. Not a bad season.
有一天,我一个下午就能赚两倍的钱。
And someday I’ll make twice that much in one afternoon.
看!看,我的照片!
Look! Look, my picture!
这就是认可。
Now, that’s recognition.
它下面有东西。上面写了什么?
There’s something under it. What does it say?
嗯?哦。
Huh? Oh.
嘿,你!我是说你!来这里!
Hey, you! I mean you! Come here!
-来吧。来吧。-来吧!
– Come on. Come on. – Come on!
-早上好,女士们。-你识字吗?
– Good morning, sefiores. – Can you read?
-好的,谢谢。——好。读这篇文章。
– Yes, thank you. – Good. Read this.
在这里。
Right there.
-好吧,来吧。来吧。阅读它。-让我们听听。
– Well, come on. Come on. Read it. – Let’s hear it.
Sefiores,这是伟大的评论家curro写的文章。
Sefiores, this is an article by the great critic curro.
在书中,他赞扬了包括胡安·加拉多在内的多位小说家的优点。
In it, he praises the merits of various novilleros, including Juan gallardo.
-那是我!-就是他!
– That’s me! – That’s him!
上面写了什么?
What does it say?
让我们听听。来吧。
Let’s hear it. Come on.
本赛季最有希望的新人是胡安·加拉多。
Easily the most promising of the season’s newcomers is Juan gallardo.
他在斗牛场上的表现是经典、纯粹和完美的。
His work in the ring is classic, pure and perfect.
我宣布,富恩特斯、加拉巴托或其他任何人都没有看到过这样的东西。
I declare that nothing like it has been seen from Fuentes, garabato or from anybody else.
用不了多久,整个西班牙都会对他赞不绝口,塞维利亚应该为自己的儿子感到骄傲,因为他的名字总有一天会覆盖整个西班牙……带着永恒的荣耀。
It will not be long before all Spain rings with his praise, and sevilla should be proud of its son whose name will one day cover it with… With undying glory.
谢谢你,朋友。
Thank you, amigo.
太阳终于从云层后面出来了。
The sun comes at last from behind the clouds.
我跟你说,咒语契约的赞美。
I tell ya, praise from curro spells contracts.
历史的开端!
The beginning of history!
-这只是一个人的意见。-一个人的,是的。
– It’s only one man’s opinion. – One man’s, yes.
但当那个男人碰巧是咖喱…Sevma.sevma。
But when that one man happens to be curro… Sevma.sevma.
塞维利亚。
Sevilla.
看!看!
Look! Look!
你得发表演讲。
You’ll have to make a speech.
-我该说什么?-随你的便。
– What’ll I say? – Whatever comes to you.
Juanmoljuanmo !
Juanmoljuanmo!
Imadrecita !
Imadrecita!
国家航♥空♥,那个包裹。
Nacional, that package.
——Madrecita。——哦!
– Madrecita. – Oh!
给你的,玛德丽塔。
For you, madrecita.
哦。哦,juanillo。
Oh. Oh, juanillo.
看那边的胡安。我们干所有的活,他负责鞠躬。
Look at Juan over there. We do all the work, he takes all the bows.
总有一天,我要自己出去。
One of these days, I’m going out on my own.
——什么时候?-只要我弄到好的cuadrilla。
– When? – As soon as I get together a good cuadrilla.
像你们这样的人。我需要你们所有人。
Men like yourselves. I could use you all.
我会付你他两倍的工资。你说呢,嗯?
I’ll pay you twice what he does. What do you say, huh?
我不感兴趣。我再也不斗牛了。
I am not interested. I am through with bullfighting.
这是最反♥动♥的职业。
It’s the most reactionary of professions.
我此时此地宣布放弃。
I renounce it here and now.
总有一天,人♥民♥也会放弃它。
Someday, the people will renounce it too.
你们俩呢?
What about you two?
我第一次见到胡安·加拉多时,我们吵架了。
First time I ever met Juan gallardo, we fought.
我比胡安大得多,但他咬掉了我的一部分耳朵,我的一部分心脏也跟着掉了。
I was much bigger than Juan, but he bit off part of my ear and part of my heart went with it.
我爱他。我不为别人工作。
I love the man. I’ll work for no other.
-你呢?-我也是。
– How about you? – Me too.
这是安达卢西亚最长的两张脸。
Well, now, here are the two longest faces in andalucia.
怎么了?你们玩得不开心吗?
What’s the matter? Aren’t you enjoying yourselves?
encaracion,怎么了?
Encarnacion, what’s wrong?
安东尼奥·洛佩兹,你来告诉我。
Antonio Lopez, you tell me.
你姐姐和我已经订婚四年了。
Your sister and I have been engaged now for four years.
每年,我们都在计划结婚。
Each year, we’ve been planning to get married.
-现在…——是吗?
– And now… – Yes?
现在我们应该结婚了。
Now we should be married.
嗯…好吧,没关系。你为什么不结婚?
Well… well, that’s all right. Why don’t you get married?
安东尼奥被从马鞍店放出来了。
Antonio’s been let out of the saddlery shop.