(洛杉矶 1933年)
妈妈给你准备了一个惊喜 在前面等着你呢
Mother has a surprise for you waiting up ahead.
一个惊喜?
A surprise?
生日惊喜
A birthday surprise.
诺玛简 看
Norma Jeane. Look.
那个男人是你的父亲
That man is your father.
我父亲?
My father?
他是我父亲?
He’s my father?
看 你父亲
Look. Your father.
他的名字很好听
His name is a beautiful name.
也很重要
And an important name.
但我不能说出这个名字
But it’s a name I can’t utter.
不!
No!
你的手黏糊糊的 不能碰这个
You mustn’t touch with sticky fingers.
没有人知道
So no one knows.
也绝不能让人知道 即使你已经看到了这照片
And no one must know, even that you’ve seen this.
我们俩的生活都很复杂 你明白吗?
There are complications in both our lives, you see?
你出生时 你父亲在很远的地方
When you were born, your father was far away.
即使是现在他也离得很远 我很担心他的安危
He’s at a great distance, even now, and I worry for his safety.
但在我们心里 我们已经结婚了
But in our hearts, we’re wed.
我们是合法夫妻
We’re husband and wife.
虽然我们蔑视传统 也不会依循于它
Though we scorn convention and will not acquiesce to it.
但他在哪儿?
But where is he?
我的手在抖
Mmm. My hands are shaking.
这房♥间在颤抖吗?
Is this room vibrating?
(生日快乐)
在加州 你…
In California,
分不清什么是“真实” 什么是“你的错觉”
you… can’t tell what’s “real” and what’s “just yourself.”
看起来很好吃 对吧?
Looks delicious, doesn’t it?
别把口水流到我床单上
So you don’t drool on my cover.
诺玛简 你记得 谁过去睡在这儿的吗?
Do you remember, Norma Jeane, who used to sleep here?
在这抽屉里 你记得吗?
In this drawer? Do you remember?
你!
You!
是你 诺玛简! 你以前就睡在这个抽屉里
You, Norma Jeane! You slept right in this very drawer.
我们当时很穷 这个抽屉就是你的婴儿床
We were so poor, this drawer was your crib.
但对我们来说已经很好了 对吧?
But it was good enough for us, wasn’t it?
(查理卓别林 《城市之光》)
我爱你 诺玛简
I love you, Norma Jeane.
总有一天 我会回洛杉矶与你相认
And one day, I will return to Los Angeles to claim you.
诺玛简?
Norma Jeane? Norma Jeane?
诺玛简 亲爱的 醒醒!
Norma Jeane, honey. Wake up!
醒醒!
Wake up!
来吧 上来!我们走吧!
Come on. Up, up! Let’s go!
-我累了 -跟我来
-I’m tired. -Come with me.
好的
Okay.
(好莱坞庄园)
别像要撒尿的小蛇一样蠕动
Stop squirming like a little snake needing to pee.
妈妈 如果房♥子烧了怎么办? 我忘了拿我的老虎了
Mother? What if the house burns down? I forgot my tiger.
那个玩具
That toy.
回来
-Go back!
天啊
Oh God. Oh God.
天啊 我什么都看不到
Oh God, I can’t see a fucking thing.
嘿!
Hey!
你到底在干什么?
What the hell are you doing?
我们被邀请去月桂谷顶的私人住♥宅♥
We’ve been invited to a private residence at the top of Laurel Canyon.
业主有一栋防火豪♥宅♥ 我女儿和我在那儿会很安全的
The owner has a fireproof mansion. My daughter and I will be safe there.
我不能说这个人的名字 警官 但这是你们都知道的名字
I can’t say this man’s name, officer, but it’s a name you all know.
他是行业巨头
He’s a titan in the industry.
这个小女孩是他的女儿
This little girl is his daughter.
这是一座沙城 没什么事是能长久的
This is a city of sand, nothing will long endure,
但我们得去
but we are going.
女士 回家吧
Ma’am, go home.
让你女儿上♥床♥睡觉吧 好吗? 已经很晚了
Put your little girl to bed, okay? It’s late.
事实上 长官 我想近距离看看地狱
Actually, officer, I’d like to see hell close-up.
预览一下
A preview.
女士 你得调头回去
Ma’am, you need to turn around.
如果你需要 我可以护送你回去 但是这是命令
I can give you an escort if you need one, but this is an order.
现在调头 否则我不得不逮捕你
If you don’t turn around, I’ll have to put you under arrest.
因为我开自己的车而逮捕我吗?
Under arrest for driving my car?
抱歉 警官 请别逮捕我
I’m sorry, officer. Please don’t arrest me.
我希望你开枪杀了我
I wish you would shoot me.
回家吧 好吗?
Lady, look, go home, okay?
你喝醉嗑了药 今晚没人有空处理这事
You’re drunk, you’re doped up, and no one’s got time for this tonight.
你现在说的话会给你惹麻烦的
You’re saying things to get you into trouble.
快走吧 走
Come on. Go.
妈妈?他在这儿吗?
Mother? Was he here?
我父亲?一直都在这儿吗?
My father? All this time?
他为什么不来看我们?
Why didn’t he come to see us?
什么?
What? What?
水太烫了
It’s too hot.
诺玛简 进浴缸里去
Norma Jeane, get in the bath.
你乖乖的 进浴缸里去
Be a good girl and get in the bath.
-水太烫了 -进浴缸里去!
-It’s too hot. -Get in the bath!
好姑娘
Good girl. Good girl. Okay.
因为她爱这孩子 希望她不要悲伤
Because she loved the child and wished to spare her grief.
因为这孩子就像 是她秘密的一面 却暴露了
Because the child was her own secret self, exposed.
因为这孩子的父亲不希望她出生
Because the very father of the child had wished it not to be born.
因为他给了她钱 把钞票撒在床上
Because he had given her money, scattering bills across the bed.
因为他告诉她 他从不爱她
Because he told her he had never loved her.
她误会了
She had misunderstood.
因为在她怀孕前 他爱过她
Because before the pregnancy, he had loved her.
有了孩子之后 他就不爱了
And after, he had not.
因为他本来会娶她 她当时很确定
Because he would have married her. She was certain.
因为没人会疼爱深受诅咒的孩子
Because no one could love a child so accursed.
是因为你!
It’s because of you!
因为你 他离开了!他不想要你!
You’re the reason he went away! He didn’t want you!
救命啊!帮帮我们!
Help! Help us! –Help! Help us!
救命啊 我妈妈病了!
Help, my mother’s sick!
-诺玛简? -帮帮我妈妈吧
-Norma Jeane? -Help my mother.
克莱夫 带她进来 拿毛巾给她盖住
Clive, bring her in. Cover her.
-来这儿 -来这儿
Come here.
来这儿 诺玛简
Come here, Norma Jeane.
你妈妈出事了吗?
-There’s something wrong with your mother?
她需要帮助
-She needs help.
她需要帮助?
-She needs help?
你和我进来 诺玛简
You come inside with me, Norma Jeane.
我们在这儿等 好吗?
-You wait right here. Okay?
跟我在一起
You just stay with me.
你没事了 你现在没事了
You’re okay. You’re okay now.
你安全了 诺玛简
You’re safe, Norma Jeane.
你妈妈现在好多了 可以见你了 诺玛简
Your mama’s well enough to see you now, Norma Jeane.
你妈妈一直在问你的事
Your mama’s been askin’ for you.
医生说她状态很好 可以让你去看她
The doctors say she’s well enough for you to visit her.
我们去吗?
Shall we go?
她在哪儿?
Where is she?
她在诺尔沃克的医院里
She’s in the hospital in Norwalk.
她现在好点了吗?
Sh… she’s better now?
她现在还不错 可以让你探望她了
Well, she’s well enough for you to visit with her.
克莱夫叔叔会开车带我们去
Uncle Clive is gonna take us in the car.
我会替你把一些东西放在手提箱里
And I’m gonna put a few things in a suitcase for you.
你什么都不用做
You don’t have to do anything.
好的
Okay.
(洛杉矶孤儿之家协会)
请原谅我 诺玛简
Please forgive me, Norma Jeane.
现在你没有别的地方可去了
There’s no other place for you right now.
你妈妈病了
Your mother is sick.
医生说她病得很严重
The doctors say that she is very sick.
她想伤害你
She tried to hurt you.
她现在不能做你的母亲
She can’t be a mother to you just now.
我现在也不能做你的母亲
I can’t be a mother to you just now.
但我不是孤儿
But I’m not an orphan.
我有母亲 也有父亲
I have a mother, and I have a father.
我不是孤儿

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!