and the only way in and out of your place is by plane.
那个地点进出只有靠飞机
你到这里找食物、必需品…
And you definitely came here for food and supplies…
and to find a wife.
和妻子
That was right?
准吗?
Got goosebumps all over me.
准到我起鸡皮疙瘩
I’m clairvoyant, butthead.
我很有观察力,笨蛋
Why wouldn’t you just go to Nome…
为什么你不到诺姆…
to get supplies and a wife?
找必需品和妻子?
Isn’t that a lot closer?
那不是近多了?
Yeah, right. That’s where you’d go to find girls–
对,没错,那才是你找女孩的地方…
Nome.
诺姆
He’s gay, by the way.
顺便说一句,他是同性恋(快乐)
知道了对你有好处
Well, good for you.
好吧,我们会努力
Well, we try.
Can I ask you some questions?
我可以问你一些问题吗?
阿♥拉♥斯加什么时候变成州的?
When did Alaska become a state?
1959年
1959.
And who owned it before we did?
它属于我们之前,是谁的?
Russia.
俄♥罗♥斯♥
And when did we get it from them?
我们何时从他们手中拿到呢?
1867–Seward’s folly.
1867年——西华德(当时美国务卿)做的蠢事
We purchased it for seven point two million dollars–
我们花了720万美元–
现在来看也是很大一笔数目
a tidy sum then as well as now.
当然,我是引用我父亲的话
I’m quoting my father,of course.
好吧,州政♥府♥在哪里?
All right,what’s the state capital?
Juneau.
朱诺
Hello? It’s Anchorage. Gotcha.
喂,是安克拉治。错了吧!
Sorry. That’s the largest city.
不是,那是最大的城市,不是州政♥府♥
Where’s he going?
他去哪?
He’s going to check your answers on his computer.
他去用电脑核对你的答案
He has a computer?
他有一部电脑?
-Sure.
-In the house?
— 当然
— 在这屋里?
No, actually, it’s in the backyard.
不,在后院
Of course it’s in the house. It’s in there.
当然是在这屋里了,就在那儿
May I be excused, please?
失陪一下
好的
Thank you.
谢谢
Who are you?
你是谁?
I’m the mother.
我是妈妈
It’s the mother!
这是圣母!圣母!
特洛伊,我猜想这些高楼大厦…
Troy, I suppose those tall buildings…
都是新的?
we saw this morning are new?
是啊,几乎都是
Yeah.Almost all of them, anyway.
重建工作真了不起啊
The recovery’s impressive.
重建工作?
Recovery?
是啊,他们建设高速公路只花了6个月,
Oh, yeah. They rebuilt the freeway in only six months.
— 真的吗?
— 嗯
-Really?
-Uh-huh.
真令人惊奇,令人难忘
That’s amazing. I’m very impressed.
-Oh, well, that’s impressive. -Are you sure I look OK?
— 嗯,是令人难忘
— 你确定我看起来还不错?
Oh, trust me, you look fabulous.
相信我,你看起来非常好
Thank you, Troy.
谢谢你,特洛伊
你觉得怎么样?
So, what do you think?
人要衣装
It works.
也许我该展示整套的结婚礼服给你看
Maybe I should show you the entire trousseau–
衬衫,毛衣,袜子,好多东西
shirts, sweaters, socks, the whole thing.
不,先给她看这个
No. First, let’s show her these.
Eve, can I skate around your block?
夏娃,我可以在你房♥子周围溜冰吗?
How about it, Eve?
怎么样,夏娃?
Can he skate around your block?
能在你房♥子周围滑冰吗?
不行
Just a few laps.
就几圈
It won’t take long.
不会很久的
不行
Look.

亚当,你能在自行车专用道上滑吗?
Adam, will you go skate on the bike path?
— 哪里?
— 自行车专用道,就在那边
-Where?
-The bike path. It’s over there.
God, I wish I could wear those pants.
上帝,真希望我也能穿这样的裤子
All right, girl, hit that ball.
好吧,娘娘腔,打球
我懂了
I get it.
我终于懂了
I finally get it.
这个真得是看了才会懂
You have to see it to understand it.
Because he must.
因为他必须这样做
你没听过,俗话说…
Haven’t you ever heardthe saying…
“他笨得不懂躲雨” ?
“He hasn’t got enough sense to come in out of the rain”?
你知道
You know…
我父亲,是个科学家…
my father, who is a scientist…
他说,所有的东西都是奇迹
says that everything is a miracle.
Everything.
所有的
Until recently, I wasn’t sure what he meant by that.
以前我都搞不清楚他的意思,直到最近才弄懂
No kidding. Listen…
没开玩笑,我告诉你…
you still want to go girl hunting tonight?
你今晚还想去猎艳吗?
Oh, yes, I certainly do.
哦,是的,我当然要去
But, I mean, you know…
但是,我的意思是,你知道…
this whole business of finding you a wife…
这整件事是帮你相亲…
it’s pretty ridiculous,don’t you think?
这有点可笑,你不觉得?
-No, it isn’t.
-Yes, it is.
— 不,不觉得
— 是的,有点可笑
A girlfriend, maybe,but a wife, it’s…
找个女朋友有可能,但找老婆,实在是…
Well, then help me find a girlfriend.
好吧,那么帮我找个女朋友
That’s all I ask.
我就是这个意思
I’ll tell you what. I’ll give you every single card I’ve got.
告诉你,只要帮我找到,我会给你所有的棒球卡
Screw you. You think I’m just somebody you can buy off?
干,你以为我是能收买♥♥的?
I didn’t mean that at all.
我完全没有那个意思
Eve, you’re my best friend.
夏娃,你是我最好的朋友
Would you do it because you’re my very best friend?
你会做,是因为你是我最好的朋友
好吧
Thank you, Eve.
谢谢你,夏娃
喂,我们为什么把车停那么远?
Well, why did we park way back there?
她不允许陌生人开她的车
She doesn’t allow total strangers to drive her car.
— 什么事?
— 女士优先,特洛伊
-What?
-Ladies first, Troy.
— 好险!
— 嗯
-That was close.
-Uh-huh.
天哪,是个好地方
My goodness gracious, this place is something.
看起来没什么
Look unimpressed.
是啊,甚至有些无聊
Yeah, bored, even.
试着表现无聊
Try vaguely bored.
保持不为所动,但仍有兴趣的样子
Unimpressed,but still interested.
不是疯了
Not crazy.
— 我看起来疯了吗?
— 是的
-Do I look crazy?
-Yes.
而且,嗯,表现得懒散一点
Just, uh, be loose.
— 做自己就好
— 好主意
-Just be yourself.
-That’s always good advice.
嗯,当自己只对他有效果,对我们来说不管用
Well, for him. It doesn’t work with the rest of us.
Of all the clubs in all the towns in all the world…
世界上这么多的俱乐部…
you walk into mine.
你选择了我们这儿
So welcome to Club 40’s…
所以,欢迎来到“四十年代俱乐部”…
where the party never stops.
派对永不停
Ah, Jason, Jonathan…
啊,杰森,乔纳森…
this is Adam.Adam, that’s them.
这是亚当,亚当,这是他们
Hi. How do you do?
嗨。你们好吧?
It’s very nice to meet you,Jason and Jonathan.
非常高兴见到你,杰森和乔纳森
My mother always said…
我母亲常说…
that when you meet someone for the first time…
当你第一次和人见面…
it’s always easier to remember their names…
如果能马上就叫他们名字
if you use those names right away, Jason and Jonathan.
就会比较容易记住,贾森和乔纳森…
他来自阿♥拉♥斯加
He’s from Alaska.
您好,夏娃

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!