[Beep][哔]
-Adam Callahan’s assistant 亚当·卡拉汉的助力
is here to see you? -Send him in.
来见你 -让他进来
Great. -Sorry, Mr. Balsillie.
很好 -不好意思巴尔西里先生
No one — I didn’t realize you needed a copy of
没人……我没想到你需要一份
this tax report also — -I’m in a meeting right now.
这个税务报告而且…… -我这正开会呢
Okay.
好的
-So, basically there is a free
所以,简单讲,这儿有个免费
wireless Internet signal all across North America,
无线网络信♥号♥♥,遍及整个北美
and nobody has figured out how to use it.
没人知道这玩意能咋用
There’s free Internet in this room right now.
这会儿这屋里就有免费网络
Mm-hmm.
嗯哼
It’s like the force.
就像原力一样
Sorry. Have you seen “Star Wars”?
不好意思你看过星战么?
-No.
没有
So, okay, picture a pager,
那就,想象一个BB机
a cell phone and an email machine, all in one thing.
它又是一个手♥机♥,又是一个Email机,二合一的
We call it, um, Pocket Link.
我们管它叫,呃,掌中宝
Okay, listen, we don’t do anything like that here.
好吧,是这么回事儿,我们这儿不整这个活儿
We are a commercial manufacturing company.
我们是个赢利性的生产型企业
You want to talk to a VC guy?
你们这得跟创投的人唠唠
And you need a better name.
而且你们得起个好听点儿的名儿
You’re going to cry?! Mike!
你要哭了么?! 迈克!
Oh, it’s just disappointment? -Yeah.
哦,只是失望啊 -是啊
You did great! -[Clears throat]
你干得不错了啊! -[清嗓子]
Well, I saw that Rick sent the limo to pick you guys up.
嗯,我瞅见瑞克叫了个礼车去接你们
We must need this merger worse than I thought.
我就寻思我们比我想的还急着要兼并
[Light laughter]
[笑]
So, I know we have a lot to cover,
那么,我知道我们得唠挺多
but I thought we should start with our tax strategy.
但我觉得我们可以先从税务策略开始
Now, I’m sure you heard it from the Americans,
这会儿我相信美♥国♥佬♥们已经跟你们讲了
but let me assure you, we also know how to
但我给你们保证,在加拿大我们也会
cheat on our taxes here in Canada.
在税收上做点小弊
Okay?
好吧?
Here’s what we can do:
具体怎么整呢
We run payroll out of Ontario,
我们把工资放安大略外省去发
but we pay all our vendors from the Netherlands.
同时我们从荷兰给我们的供应商付款
We split that fucker right in half.
成本一半对他妈一半
The left won’t know what the right is doing.
两头(的税务机关)谁也不知道对面什么情况
Plus, we get a nice little provincial
而且,我们在制♥造♥人工成本上
kickback on manufacturing labor.
还能从省里拿点小回扣
We get a massive federal tax credit
我们能弄到老些联邦税收减免了
because they don’t know whether they’re private or public.
因为他们自己都不知道自己是私营部门还是公共部门
Beam me aboard!
送我上船!
Prisoner, and held captive within the digital world of
囚徒,逃不出电脑数字世界一亩三分地儿的
the computer itself.
被俘虏的囚徒
-♪ Riding on any wave ♪
♪ That is the luck you crave ♪
♪ They don’t believe it now ♪
♪ They just think it’s stupid ♪
♪ So got anything? ♪
♪ Anyone could have done ♪
♪ Who would’ve cared at all ♪
♪ Not you ♪
♪ Another heart ♪ -Hello?
♪歌♥曲♪ -喂?
-Hello! -♪ Has made the trade ♪
-喂!
♪ Forget it, forget it ♪ -So, what you’re saying is that
所以你是想说
you just touch and talk? -♪ I don’t understand ♪
摸一下这块儿就能打电♥话♥了?
♪ How a heart is a spade ♪
♪ But somehow the vital connection is made ♪
You can use your cellular phone to order me a pizza.
你拿你大哥大就能给我点披萨了啊
And that includes 50 minutes of air time.
包括搁天上飞那50分钟
-We’ll page you. -Well, it’s very hip to be
-我们会呼你的 -可以啊,挺潮啊
on the Internet right now. -[Both shouting]
此刻在互联网上 -[同时大吼大叫]
I still think Apple has a future.
我认为苹果还是有未来的
The way out is not to slash and burn, it’s to innovate.
出路可不是裁员,而是创新
♪Riding on anything ♪
♪ Anything’s good enough ♪
♪ Who would’ve thought it of ♪
[Engages parking brake]
Oh, okay. Here’s what I think.
哦,好吧。我是这么想的
Mike, super simple. Hit him with the good news,
迈克,超级简单。给他个好消息
bad news routine — good news, bad news routine.
再给个坏消息…… 就好消息坏消息套路
All right? You’re going to say good — Mike?!
行吧?你要说个好—— 迈克?!
What?
咋的?
Everything’s going to be fine.
都会好的
We still have the US Robotics deal.
我们还有美国机器人那单生意呢
We’re like, what did the cave say about Aladdin,
我们就跟奇妙山洞眼里的阿♥拉♥丁似的
“Diamond in the rough”? Fuck!
叫“未经雕琢的璞玉”? 唉我♥操♥!
-What? -I forgot the easel.
-咋的了? -黑板架让我落那了
No, we have to change the name. Product needs a new name.
不行,我们还得改个名。这产品需要起个新名儿。
You’re giving that guy way too much credit, man.
你太看得上那哥们儿了,老铁
He hasn’t seen “Star Wars.” He’s bald.
他星战都没看过,还是个秃瓢儿
How much you want to bet they don’t even mention the phone.
咱俩干多少钱的,他们压根没提电♥话♥的事儿
[Typing, laughter]
[打字,笑]
Are you office dad? [Laughter]
你办公室慈父么你? [笑]
Dude. Okay. Make a make a — make a thing.
兄弟,成不,编个……编…… 编点啥啊
Make a “Scott sucks” — -I can’t.
来个“菜鸡斯科特” -我来不了
That’s why I’m using your computer.
要么我咋用你电脑呢
-21 boy Canada.
-加拿大21号♥男孩
-That’s me.
-就是我
This guy’s telling me about sniffing his —
这哥们正跟我讲用鼻子闻他……
Sniffing his —
闻他的……
Did they buy the phone?
他们买♥♥咱们的电♥话♥了么
So, we’ve got good news and bad news.
啊,我们有好消息和坏消息
The — okay, the bad news is that,
就,啊,坏消息是
yeah, the presentation, we were not heard,
啊,产品演示,人家没搭理我们
and they did not understand the product,
他们也没整明白咱的产品是啥
and so they did not buy the phone.
所以呢,他们没买♥♥咱们的电♥话♥
-What was the good news? -What’s the good news?
-好消息是啥啊? -好消息是啥啊?
Emergency movie night, right now, Steven Spielberg’s
紧急电影之夜,立刻马上,史蒂文·斯皮尔伯格的
“Raiders of the Lost Ark,” letterbox.
“夺宝奇兵”宽屏版
-No way! -Shotgun. Shotgun. Shotgun.
-真假啊 -前排!前排!前排!
Shotgun!
前排!
You said their headpiece only had markings on one side.
你说他们的耳机只有一边有标儿
Are you absolutely sure?
你确定一定以及肯定么?
Balloq’s staff is too long.
拜尔劳库的权杖太长了
[All] “We’re digging in the wrong place”!
[所有人]我们挖错地方了!
[Laughter]
[笑]
[Dramatic music]
-Don’t!
别介!
-[All] “Bad dates.” -Bad dates.
[所有人]坏枣儿 -坏枣儿
-Couple of bad dates. -A couple bad dates!
-一堆坏枣儿 -一堆坏枣儿!
-Couple bad dates! -That was — that was there.
-一堆坏枣儿! -就……就在这儿
Why did they go the other way? That was like that…
他们为啥走另一边了?这就像……
-Mike, you’re missing your favorite movie, man!
-迈克,你错过你最爱的电影了,大哥!
[Sighs]
[叹气]
-Toronto wins it by a count of 5 to 4.
多伦多红叶以五比四的比分赢得了胜利
Doug Gilmour adds three assists to his five
道格·吉尔莫在加时赛五次助攻的基础上再添三次助攻
to finish the game with 30….
以30次的总数……
…in the extra period.
…完成了整场比赛
But obviously the story was —
但很明显不仅仅——
[Kills engine]
[发动机关闭]
Are they top or bottom left?
他们在左上角还是左下角?
Go, I got my whole group.
上,我全员出动
Send — Send everything. Top left.
上点……有啥上啥 左上角
Let’s take. Let’s take a gamble.
我们来……我们来赌一把
We’ll go for Scott. -Does anybody have
我们去干斯科特 -有人有
a type-c coax? -They don’t even know
Type-C的同轴线么? -他们压根都没发现
I’m not even top left. -Scott, you’re attacking me.
我压根都不在左上 -斯科特,你在打我
-What? -You’re attacking me.
-啊? -你在打我
-Oh, I’m sorry. -Send the dogs, Ethan,
-啊,我错了 -上狗,伊森
Send the dogs. They’re rushing.
上狗,他们冲了
-Bottom right. -I’m sending another. Another.
-右下角 -在派了,在派了
-They got rockets. I got to run down.
-他们有火箭,我得往下跑
-Anybody have any type-c coax cables?
-有人有Type-C的同轴线么?
-Kiss it bye-bye! -Oh, the plunger is moving!
-拜拜了么么哒 -哦吼,看我疏通肠道!
-No! -The plunger is moving!
-别啊! -疏通肠道!
Dude, come on.[Ringing]