But there was one thing I could do.
她每年都去她父亲家过圣诞节
I knew she spent every Christmas with him at his place,
她一定会去那里
so I knew that she would definitely be there.
平安夜那天 我跑去了那里
So, the day before, Christmas Eve, I headed up.
她父亲住在穷乡僻壤
And where her dad lived was this isolated place
一个与世隔绝的地方
in the back of beyond.
我从没一个人去过
I’d never been up there without her.
站在外面的感觉很怪
It was weird being on the outside.
我在那儿等了一整天 终于…
I waited there all day. Until…
我必须拉近点看
Well, I had to take a closer look.
她父亲和我们的孩子在一起
And there’s her dad with our baby,
但我看不到孩子的脸 因为
but I can’t even see its face because…
法律屏蔽也适用于后代
Legal blocks cover offspring too.
我也有这经历
Been there.
很伤人
That hurts.
我都看不出是男孩还是女孩
I couldn’t even tell if it was a boy or a girl.
我知道听起来很蠢
I know this sounds stupid…
但能看到模糊的影像
..but seeing something…
总比什么都看不到好
..was better than nothing.
所以我每年都去
So I kept going back.
这变成了年度的朝圣
It became an annual pilgrimage.
每年我都去那儿 远远地看着
Once a year I’d head up there and watch them from a distance.
看着孩子慢慢长大
Watching the kid grow up, you know?
我最渴望的就是取得联♥系♥
More than anything I just wanted to make some sort of contact.
什么都好
Anything.
一个圣诞节 她当时应该4岁了
So, one Christmas, kid must have been about four by now,
我拿了份礼物过去
I headed up there and I took a little present with me.
就是件小破玩意
Just a small, stupid thing.
我第一次能看出她是个女孩
For the first time, I could see she was a girl.
我有个女儿
I had a daughter.
那么 圣诞老人
So, Santa Claus…
你来年又去了吗
..Did you try it again next year?
那之前出了事
Something happened before then.
自我去看望女儿
‘It had been a few months since
已经过了几个月
‘I’d been up there to look at my daughter.
我当时在家 看电视
‘I was just sat at home watching TV,
不停调台
flipping through the channels.’
在这个安静的周三早晨夺走了26人的生命
‘..Which claimed the lives of 26 people on a quiet Wednesday morning.
如普通乘客帕拉布·盖塔
‘Passengers like Palab Ghatak,
年仅18岁 当时正去参加工作面试
‘just 18, on his way to his first job interview,
贝瑟妮·格雷 一位年轻母亲
‘and Bethany Grey, a young mother
最近才开始…
who’d only recently started…’
我已经太久没见过她 很难想象她的样子
It had been so long since I’d seen her, it was hard to imagine
脑海里只有那个阴影
anything but that shadow in her place.
但现在屏蔽随她的死而失效
But now that the block had died with her…
我看到她了
..There she was.
她死了
She was gone.
很遗憾
Sorry.
但也有一丝曙光
But there was one silver lining…
屏蔽失效了
With the block gone.
你可以见你女儿了
You’d get to see your daughter.
圣诞就要到了 所以我给她买♥♥了个雪景球
‘It was almost Christmas, so I bought her this snow globe –
就是份礼物
‘Just a present to give her.
然后我开车去贝丝爸爸家
‘And I headed up to Beth’s dad’s.’
我看到她了
‘And there she was.’
不再是个轮廓
Not a silhouette.
是真人
Real.
你好啊 亲爱的
Hello, darling.
♪世人♪
♪The world♪
♪会笑我痴狂♪
♪May think I’m foolish♪
♪他们看不到你♪
♪They can’t see you♪
♪不像我这般♪
♪Like I can♪
♪但任何一个♪
♪Oh, but anyone♪
♪明白爱情滋味的人♪
♪Who knows what love is♪
♪都能理解♪
♪Will understand♪
怎么了 梅 要喝点什么吗
What is it, May? Would you like a drink?
你来做什么
What are you doing here?
贝丝死了
Beth’s dead.
你明白吗
Do you understand?
她死了
She’s dead.
这里没什么值得你留恋的了
There’s nothing for you here.
我女儿呢
Where’s my daughter?
什么女儿
What daughter?
这是贝丝的女儿
This is Beth’s daughter.
我要见我女儿
I want to see my daughter.
梅 上楼去
May, go upstairs.
如果你是为了那些信
If this is about those letters…
我趁她没看到都扔掉了
..I threw them out before she saw them.
她当时情况很糟
She was a mess,
她不得不抛下一切
she’d had to leave everything behind.
我要见我女儿
I want to see my daughter.
我觉得你该走了
I think you should go.
离开这房♥子
Get out of this house.
我要见我女儿
I want to see my daughter.
这里没有你女儿
You have no daughter here!
就是那个钟
It was that clock.
就是那个钟
It was that clock.
后来呢
Then what happened?
告诉我
Tell me.
我走了
‘I just left.’
我回到车上
‘I got in the car
开始开车
‘and I just drove.’
漫无目的
‘Anywhere. I don’t know where.’
我走进最近的城镇
‘I walked into the nearest town and I…
睡在街上 喝醉了
‘I slept on the street and I drank.’
过了一阵 我不知道多久
‘And then after a while, I don’t know how long,
几个月吧 他们抓走了我
‘a couple of months, they picked me up.’
他们想要我说话 但我说不出
They wanted me to talk but I couldn’t talk…
如果我说话了 那就是真的了
‘..Because if I said it, it would be real.’
所以我什么都没说 我没告诉他们
So I didn’t say anything, I didn’t tell them.
那女孩呢
And what about the girl?
她怎么了
What happened to the girl?
我也是听他们说的
I only know what they said.
他们说什么了
What did they say?
他们说什么了 -这是什么地方
What did they say? – What is this place?
他们说什么了 -我们为什么在这里
What did they say? – What do we do here?
我们的工作
Our job. The job.
乔 听我说 他们说什么了
Joe, stay with me. What did they say?
他们说什么了 乔
What did they say, Joe?
她一直待在房♥子里
That she just… she just stayed in the house.
当时…
It was, um…
当时是平安夜 所以她…
It was Christmas Eve, so she just…
她一直躲着 没动地方
..She just stayed hidden. She didn’t move.
圣诞节后第一个工作日
到了节礼日 她明白不会有人来了
Then on Boxing Day she realised that no-one was going to help.
她给了外公一件她自己做的礼物
And she gave her grandad a present that she’d made.
然后就出门去找人帮忙
And she went out to go and get help.
她走了多远
How far did she get?
上帝原谅我 上帝宽恕我
Oh, may God forgive me. God forgive me.
你承认喽
So you confess?

Joe?
说吧
Just say it.
说出来
Just let it out.
我承认
I confess.
我承认
I confess.
我就知道我能做到
I knew I could do it.
好了 我就说我能拿到供认
Boom! I told you I’d get it.
我出来了
All right, I’m coming out.
抱歉 乔
Sorry, Joe.
怎么样 这样够了吧
Well? That had to be enough…
供认不讳 定罪无疑
Full confession. Clear conviction.