You’ll never guess what that was.
市场营销吗
Marketing person?
不是
No.
上门推销员 -得了吧
Door-to-door salesman? – Please.
直肠科医生吗
Proctologist?
你永远猜不到的
You’re never going to get it.
我也不想猜
I’m not going to try.
好吧 我们把这当作游戏吧
All right. Let’s make it a game.
我来跟你描述下
I’ll describe to you…
我的日常工作 你一旦猜到就打断我
my day at work, and you stop me when you’ve guessed it.
极端天气造成今年圣诞季销♥售♥情况惨淡
‘The extreme weather has hit sales hard this Christmas.
厚达5英寸的雪…
‘Five inches of snow…’
这下我的投资毁了 来的真是时候
‘That’s going to wreck my portfolio just when I need it.’
我都不知道该怎么办了
‘Don’t know what I’m going to do about that.
天啊 又来信息了
Oh, God, more messages.
这收件箱是看不完了
‘I’ll never clear this inbox.’
不好意思 总有各种事烦我
Sorry. Constant bloody admin.
你该吃点东西了
Just time for a little snack.
我可以在术前吃东西吗
I can eat before an operation?
现代科学造就奇迹啊
Wonders of modern science.
谢天谢地 我都饿死了
Oh, thank God. I’m starving.
那个吐司似乎烤焦了
‘That toast looks burnt.
我该表达下不满吗
‘Should I say something?
好吧 我还是说出来吧
‘Yeah, I think I’ll say something.’
没什么问题吧
All good?
老实说 我不喜欢吃这样的
To be honest, it’s not quite how I like it.
有点烤焦了
It’s a bit overdone.
抱歉
Sorry.
我再去重新做一些
I’ll make some more.
她现在一定讨厌我了
‘She hates me now.
还要等多久啊
‘How long is this going to take?’
你好 我是麦琪 是你今天手术的麻醉师
Hi, I’m Madge. I’m your anaesthetist today.
天啊 她好年轻啊 但愿她水平过关
‘God, she’s young. Hope she’s qualified.
好了 够了 别再往坏处想了
‘OK, enough. stop thinking about things that could go wrong.
他们说这个手术简单又无痛
‘They said it’s straightforward and painless.
我好好放松就行了
I’m just going to relax.
好的 放松 开始了
‘OK, just relax. Here we go.’
从十开始倒数
Now, just count backwards from ten.
十 九 八 七
Ten, nine, eight, seven…
六 五
six, five…
四 三 二 一
Four, three, two, one.
我看不见了
‘I can’t… I can’t see.
我在哪里
‘Where my am I?’
这是什么声音
‘What’s that noise?’
我怎么看不见了
‘Why can’t I see?!’
准备取出意识副本
Preparing to extract cookie.
什么 不要 等等 我还醒着
‘What? No! Wait! I’m still awake!
我的天啊
‘Oh, my God!
天啊 怎么回事 请问 天啊
‘Oh, my God! What’s happening? Excuse me? Oh, my God!’
那是我
‘That’s me!
那是我啊 天啊 我在哪里
‘That’s me! Oh, my God! Where am I?
我不知道出什么事了
‘I don’t know what’s happening!
我不知道自己怎么了
‘I don’t know what’s happening to me!
喂
‘Hello?
有人吗
‘Is…is anyone there?
喂
‘Hello?’
抱歉
Sorry.
你现在大概非常困惑吧
You’re probably pretty weirded out right now, I’m guessing.
没事的 你可以说话 我能通过这个听到
It’s OK, you can talk. I can hear you through this.
你好 -嗨
Hello. – Hi.
我是马修 超级人工智能公♥司♥的
I’m Matthew, I’m from Smartelligence.
我的工作就是尽力解释清楚你身上发生的事
My job is to explain what’s happening to you as best I can.
老天啊 我死了吗 -不不 你没死
Oh, my God! Am I dead? – No, no. You’re not dead.
没有人死
No-one’s dead here.
你多大年龄来着 30吗
How old did you say you we’re, 30?
29岁
29.
29 好吧 那你不记得影印机吧
29, right. So you won’t remember Xerox machines?
你知道复印机是什么吗 -什么
Do you know what a photocopier is? – What?
你知道副本吗
Do you know what a copy is?
类似复印件吗 我当然知道那是什么
As in a copy of something? Of course I know what that is.
嗯 你就是副本
Well, that’s what you are.
什么的副本
A copy of?
你自己的副本
A copy of you.
但我就是我啊 -好吧
But I am me. – OK.
冲我吹口气
Try to blow on my face.
你做不到 因为你没有身体
You can’t, because you don’t have a body.
你的手指呢
Where are your fingers?
胳膊呢 脸呢 都没有
Your arms, your face? Nowhere.
因为你是代码
Because you’re code.
你只是代码组成的模拟大脑
You’re a simulated brain full of code,
装在这个我们称之为意识存储器的小玩意里
stored in this little widget we call a cookie.
为什么要这样对我
Why have you done this to me?
嗯 其实是你自己的选择
Ah, well… Actually you did this to you.
真正的你付钱让我们干的
Real you is paying for this.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
你瞧 这是一项服务
You see, what this is, is a service.
我们把空白存储器
We take a blank cookie
通过手术植入到客户的大脑中
and we surgically implant it into a client’s brain.
它在皮下潜伏约一周时间 进行追踪
It sits there just under the skin for about a week, shadowing.
学习特定意识的思维方式
Soaking up the way this particular mind works.
所以你觉得你就是你 的确是你
That’s why you think you’re you. You are you.
但也不算是你
But also not.
好了 不太容易消化
Right. Well, it is a lot to process.
即便是在处理器里
Even from inside a processor.
把我放回身体里去
Put me back in my body!
真正的你还住在那儿呢
That’s where real you lives.
不过
But…
我们会给你一个虚拟的身体
What we will do though is we will give you a simulated body.
我们发现这样做比较好 准备好了吗
We find that sometimes that helps. Are you ready?
什么 我不明白 -三 二 一
What? I don’t understand! – Three, and two, one.
好点了吗
Better?
这是我的身体
This is my body.
别再争论这个了 你看看周围
Let’s not get into that again. Look around you.
你有一个控制室
You’ve got a control room.
这是做什么的
What’s this for?
这个操作台是用来控制房♥间的
That console, that’s for you to control the house.
真正的你的房♥子
I mean, real you’s house.
听着 你喜欢什么样的烤面包
Look. How do you like your toast?
什么 -你喜欢什么样的烤面包
What? – How do you like your toast?
不全焦 不要完全烤焦 -很好
Underdone. Slightly underdone. – OK, perfect.
想着你要的那种样子
Think about how you like it,
按下按钮
then just press the button.
哪个键
Which one?
随便 你知道要烤面包就行
It doesn’t matter. You already know you’re making toast.
那些按键不过是符号♥
The buttons are symbolic mostly anyway.
瞧 这现在就是你的工作了
See, this is your job now.
你控制这里的一切
You’re in charge of everything here.
室温 光线
The temperature, the lighting,
早上闹钟响的时间
what time the alarm clock goes off in the morning.
如果冰箱里没食物了
If there’s no food in the refrigerator.
你负责订货
You… You’re in charge of ordering it.
帮谁订 -真正的你 她付钱
For who? – For real you. She’s paying.
真正的我在哪
Where is real me?
在卧室小睡 看右上方
Taking a nap. In the bedroom. Top right.
我不想待在这里
I don’t want to be in here.
我不想待在这里
I don’t want to be in here.
我不想待在这里
I don’t want to be in here!
照你的意思烤好了
Just how you like it.
行了 请别叫了
OK. Please stop screaming.
你能不叫了吗
Are you going to stop screaming?
你能不叫了吗 不吗 行