二十世纪早期 阿♥拉♥伯半岛还处于不稳定的多部落时期 他们各自的忠诚度就像流沙一般
黑金
阿♥拉♥伯某处 御黄之带
霍贝卡城 纳西布领地
多年后
萨尔马城♥堡♥ 埃玛领地
纳西布共和国空军基地
纳西布共和国图书馆
这是我的条件
Here are my terms.
我只是希望我们能保持我们之间的友好关系
All I want is your friendship.
还有我要我孩子们回来
And my sons!
那只是一个保险 对我们双方都好
Insurance for both of us.
只要你儿子在我这…
As long as they are under my roof…
我不会向你宣战
I cannot make war with you.
这也是一把双刃剑
But the sword cuts both ways.
我们也不能向你宣战
We can’t make war with you either.
你的儿子会成为我们和平的纽带
Your son’s will be our bond for peace.
我会将他们视如己出
I will raise them as my own,
他们将会和我的儿子塔里克
with my son Tarik
还有我的女儿蕾拉一起生活
And my daughter Leyla.
那御黄之带呢
And the Yellow Belt?
我们应该嘲笑自己 因为我们竟因此而开战…
We should be laughing at ourselves that we ever make war over this…
就这么一片沙漠而已
This piece of sand…
从现在开始它只是我们之间的一片沙漠
From now on we will keep it as a no man’s land between us.
不归任何人所有
Neither may claim it.
以天为证
As God is my witness,
我同意
I agree.
以天为证
As God is our witness.
萨利赫
Saleh
永远别忘了你是我的长子
Never forget that you are my eldest son.
你会继承我的王位
You will inherit my throne.
维护我们家族的荣耀
Defend the honor of our house.
奥达
Auda!
哭是没有用的
Tears only waste of water.
别担心 西迪 你很快就能回来的
Do not worry, sidi, time will pass quickly.
他也许以为他赢了
You will think he had won.
希望我们的敌人都能像他一样轻易屈服 上校
May all our enemies be like him, Colonel.
我很遗憾地告诉你们
I am very sorry to have to tell you…
你的母亲
That your mother…
扎米拉公主
Princess Zamira,
去世了
Has Passed away.
猜猜在哪只手里?
Which hand?
蕾拉
Leyla! Leyla!
奥达
Auda!
你们在这啊
There you are!
你们在干什么?
What are you doing here?
蕾拉说我们的母亲在天堂
Leyla said that our mummies are in heaven,
看着我们呢
Watching over us.
蕾拉
Leyla!
公主
Princess
你已经长大了 不能再随便和男孩子玩了
You’re too old now to play with boys.
到屋子里来
Come inside.
蕾拉 亲爱的…
Leyla, my darling…
过来
Come.
他们需要水
They need water.
但他们自己有一口井
But they have a well!
但是井里面都是霍乱细菌
The Cholera Bacteria live in the well.
如果这是在巴黎?
Does this happen in Paris?
我的妻子会死在巴黎吗?
Would my wife have died in Paris?
不会的 酋长
No, Your Majesty.
那伦敦呢?
Does this happen in London?
最近一次在伦敦蔓延的霍乱疫情
The last cholera epidemic in London,
已经是一百年以前的事了
Was probably a hundred years ago.
这就是我们的现状吗?
Thats what we are?
比西方落后一百年?
A Hundred years behind the West?
应该说是落后一千多年
More like a thousand,
酋长
Your Majesty.
塔里克 我的儿子
Tarik, my son,
是否注定要做一个可怜的国王了?
Is there a greater curse of being a poor king?
在这我们什么都种不了
I can’t grow anything.
我们什么东西都运不出去
I can’t ship anything.
我甚至都不能做简单的贸易 因为 没人会来霍贝卡?
I can’t even trade anything because, Who would come to Hobeika?
确实
Truly…
阿♥拉♥伯人就只能在世界的舞台上做一个看客
To be an “ARAB” is to be a waiter at the Banquet of the World.
这儿被称为真♥主♥之家
That’s called The House Of ALLAH.
这里遍地荒野
Just miles and miles of nothing.
那是什么路?
What’s that road?
那是北方之路
That is the Northern Road.
往南到霍贝卡
To the south, lies Hobeika.
往北到萨尔玛
And due north Salmaah.
我的宝贝儿
My beautiful!
你在看什么?
What are you blinking at?
我经常幻想 如果天气情朗 我是否能看见萨尔玛
I always hope, that on a clear day I see Salmaah.
太远了
It’s too far.
你知道吗 萨利赫发生了一些奇怪的事情
You know Saleh something strange is happening.
什么奇怪的事情?
What?
我开始忘记父亲长什么样了
I’m beginning to forget what father looks like.
就像这样
Like this.
他长的就像它一样
He looks like this.
离天线远点
Stay away from the Antenna!
退后 别靠这么近
Back! Don’t come close.
大家都退后点 退后点
Okay everybody, Just Step back! Step back! Please.
你干嘛把这个消息传出去 他们是异教♥徒♥
Why didn’t you offer them coffee? They are infidels.
白♥痴♥ 是我来决定谁是异教♥徒♥
Idiot.. I decide who is an infidel.
把他带走
Get him out.
先生们 我十分抱歉
I’m so sorry, gentlemen.
我是 纳西布
I am Nesib,
霍贝卡的国王
Sultan Of Hobeika.
我是山姆·瑟科特 酋长
Sam Thurkettle, Your Majesty.
你是个艺术家吧 瑟科特先生?
Are you an artist, Mr. Thurkettle?
不是 酋长
No, sir.
我在一个叫泰嵩石油的小公♥司♥工作
I work for little company called Texan Oil.
这儿可没有石油 瑟科特先生
There is no oil here, Mr. Thurkettle.
只有沙子
Just sand,
烈日
The sun…
和狂风
and the wind.
有半年刮东风
Half the year, it blows from the east.
那就是冬天
That’s winter.
另半年刮南风
The other half, from the south.
就是夏天
That’s summer.
我可不这么认为 酋长
I would beg to differ Sir.
这是黑色页岩
This is Black Shale.
这东西在这到处都是
Well there is certainly plenty of that around.
这就意味着地下有石油
That is usually an indication that there is oil in the ground.
闻一下吧 酋长
Smell it, Your Majesty.
闻闻
Go ahead!
它闻起来像什么?
What it smells like?
像石油
Like Oil.
页岩就像海绵
You see shale acts like a sponge,
但并不是一般的石油
And and it is not just any kind of oil.
您再闻闻 酋长
Take another wiff, Your Majesty.
它闻起来比较苦还是比较甜
Does it smell bitter or sweet?
闻起来有点甜
Quiet sweet really.
没错
Exactly!
轻质低硫原油 那可是世界上最好的石油
Light sweet crude, best oil in the world.
我敢打赌
And you Sir, I would bet my bottom dollars…
你这肯定有大♥片♥的原油
Sitting on a great big whack of it.
做好当有钱人的准备吧
Get ready to be rich.
有钱人?
Rich?
相当有钱
Seriously rich.
你说”相当有钱” 那是多有钱啊?
When you say “Seriously Rich”, Mr. Thurkettle… how rich?
酋长
Well Your Majesty you see,
一口好的油井
One good well,
可以在一天的时间里产出成千上万桶石油 一桶油一美元
Can produce a hundred thousand barrels of oil a day, at a dollar a barrel.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!