你有白人区通行证吗?
Do you have permission to be in a White area?
他是我们家园丁
He’s our garden boy.
末班公交车走了所以我们送他
We’re taking him home because there were no more busses.
耗到这么晚?
This time of night?
证件拿出来
Where’s your pass?
因为我加班到很晚
I…I was working late…
内人不会开车
And uhm… my wife doesn’t drive.
安全送达?
You get him back safely?
刚到
Just.
这边请
Ahh… Through here.
不确定妳是否知情…
Uhm… I’m not sure if you know it.
我正在离婚,剪不断理还乱
but I’m going through a rather messy divorce at the moment.
你有小孩吗?
Do you have children?
两个儿子…妳先忙吧
Two boys… I’ll leave you to it.
别走,坐着
No no. stay here. Come sit here.
麻烦帮我拿皮包过来
Pass me my bag please.
给你的诗
It’s your poem.
写得真美!
This is beautiful.
「你要迎着光前进,不要畏光」
You must run towards the light Jack. not away from it.
我…不敢相信妳真的会为我写诗
I… can’t believe you wrote a poem for me.
你是我的救命恩人啊
You saved my life.
如果你想学南非荷兰语
If there’s a reason for learning Afrikaans. Marjorie.
读这本准没错
it’s this book.
尤金马利的新小说
Eugene Maritz’ latest novel.
尤金马利是那个记者吗?
Isn’t Maritz a newspaper man…?
他是《布隆方丹前锋报》主编
Ja. he’s Chief Editor of The Herald in Bloemfontein.
真好奇他哪来的时间写小说
You wonder how he finds the time to write novels…
因为他没跟狐群狗党
Perhaps he didn’t waste time having picnics
到海滩野餐啊
on the beach with his friends.
南非共和国首都没有海滩
That’s because there are no beaches in Bloemfontein.
但那里有山,他会登高呀
But there are mountains and he is climbing them.
听好了…
Mark my words.
尤金马利将成为南非文学的救世主
Eugene Maritz will become South Africa literature savior.
太夸张了,艾斯
Hell of a statement. Uys.
你读完恐怕才有资格怀疑我
Read the book. then you might be in a position to doubt me.
没在怕呀!啊…
I think I will.
我彻底爱上妳了
I’m completely in love with you.
但我的男人运向来不好
I’ve had bad luck with men.
你当初为何嫁给彼得?
Why did you marry Pieter?
要听实话? -嗯
The truth?
为了逃离我爸
To get out of my father’s house.
我希望妳搬来跟我住
Well I want you to move in with me…
你和席梦搬来我家
you and Simone… into the bungalow.
不好吗?
You think it’s a bad idea?
爱无关好坏
Love is not an idea.
嫌我太老?
Am I too old for you?
我看你很年轻啊,杰克
I see you as young. Jack.
「我反复读你…
I repeat you
无起始、亦无终点地
Without beginning or end
读着你的身体…
Repeat your body
白天有淡薄影遮
The day has a thin shadow
入夜则袭来黄色
The night yellow crosses
群山没大起大落
The landscape has no distinction
众人罗列如烛火
And the people a row of candles
我反复读着你
I read you repeated
以我的乳♥房♥♥
With my breasts
临摹你的掌…」
Which imitate the hollows of your hands
嗨,英格丽
Hello. Ingrid!
我在报纸上见过你,艾斯奎吉
I recognise you from the newspapers. Uys Krige.
想必你是那个作家杰克寇普了
And you must be Jack Cope. the writer.
妳好
How do you do?
请进!请进
Come in. come in.
妳爸在讲电♥话♥
Your father’s on the phone.
老天爷,席梦长这么大了
My goodness but Simone has got big.
他现在连星期天都不得闲
Even on Sundays they bother him now.
根本没时间写小说了
He barely has time to write his novels anymore.
爸是在写书不是小说
Pa writes books. Lulu. not novels.
我听到啰
I heard that.
抱歉让各位久等
Sorry to have kept you all.
艾斯奎吉,久仰,我是你的粉丝
Uys Krige. I’m an admirer of your plays…
阁下创作力惊人啊
you’re quite prolific.
幸会,博士
Pleased to meet you. Dr. Jonker.
你是杰克寇普?
Jack Cope?
你好
How do you do?
我还以为你该更年轻些咧
For some reason I thought you’d be younger.
爸…
Pa…
安娜没来?
Where’s Anna?
她偏头痛,但她向你请安
She has a migraine but she sends her love.
了解
Alright.
这边请
Come this way.
玛利亚,你把大家宠坏了
Maria. you are spolling us.
听说妳回来我就把烤洋芋份量加大
When I heard you was coming I put in extra roast potatoes in…
这是妳最爱吃的
just the way you like them.
啊,看看这小可爱
Oh,you did look at this little picture.
长得越来越像她外婆了
She’s looking more and more like her grandma.
够了玛利亚,谢谢
That’s all Maria… thank you.
寇普先生,我才拜读你的大作 那篇叫《权力》…
Mr. Cope. I just read your story… the one called ‘Power’.
写得很好啊,爸不觉得吗?
It’s good. don’t you think. Pa?
我觉得过于操弄意识型态
Ahh…I thought it was quite manipulative…
一个黑人拯救了白人男孩…
a Black man coming to the rescue of a White boy.
他还救了一只鸟,不只那男孩
Well he comes to the rescue of the bird. not just the boy.
故事美在鸟
The beauty in that story is in the allegory of the bird…
是个喻体
it represents freedom.
哪门子的自♥由♥?
What kind of freedom?
政♥治♥自♥由♥
Political freedom.
好在黑人不懂得写作要领
Fortunately for us. Blacks can’t grasp allegorical writing.
一起来祷告吧!
Shall we pray?
主啊,谢谢您赐给我们这一餐
Lord. we thank you for what we are about to receive.
以基♥督♥之名,阿们
in Jesus’ name. Amen.
阿们
Amen.
闻起来好香啊
Smells good.
斑羚肉,亚伯拉罕亲自猎来的
It’s Rooibok. Abraham shot it himself.
博士真心觉得黑人都是笨蛋?
Dr. Jonker. you don’t honestly believe Black people are stupid.
真的吗?
do you?
该说普遍智能低下
Intellectually inferior.
言下之意是说南非白人品种较优?
So. by implication you regard the Afrikaner as a superior race…?
我们是尊神的旨意来领导这国家
We were chosen by God to lead this country.
「血河之战」证明了一切
Blood River proved that.
纳粹也花了不少功夫
The Nazis paid dearly
证明自己优越
for their presumption of being a superior race.
把南非白人比作纳粹
If you think you can compare the Afrikaner to the Nazis
未免扯太远了…寇普先生
you are way off the mark… Mr. Cope.
餐桌上别带着歧见,和平吃饭
Can we not just eat with our differences?
彼得昨天有打电♥话♥来
Oh. Pieter called yesterday.
他要妳和席梦
He wanted me to get a ticket
回约翰内斯堡
for you and Simone back to Johannesburg.
不是时候,爸
This is not the time. Pa.
我觉得妳该回去 再给他一次机会
I think you should go… give it another try.
那么,艾斯
So uhm… Uys.
最近在忙什么有趣的事?
are you working on something interesting right now?
我正在写南非版的《李尔王》
I’m doing an Afrikaans translation of King Lear…
那主角也正跟女儿处得不太好呢
he had a terrible time with his daughters. too. that man.
失陪了
Excuse me.
她在旧屋里,老爷
She’s in her old room. Baas.
我不是故意要找妳碴
I didn’t mean to upset you. Ingrid.
你根本以找我碴为乐
You take pleasure in upsetting me.
彼此彼此,不是吗?
It’s mutual. wouldn’t you say?
我写书献给你
I dedicated my book to you
你也没告诉我感想
and you didn’t even tell me what you thought of it…
我甚至不确定你有读完
I’m not even sure you read it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!