现在他不会再惊慌了
He’s not so frightened now.
他什么时候才能去拉马车?
What about when he has to pull the cab?
应该很快就可以
Have faith.
我平静的听着
I listened quietly.
我们应该叫他什么?
What should we call him?
杰克 就像以前那匹
Uh. Jack. After the old one.
他比杰克黑多了
He’s far blacker than Jack.
洗干净后 他毛发的颜色看起来更可爱了
When’s he’s cleaned, his color comes up lovely.
你现在就看出来了啊? -我没那么说
Seeing something in him now, are you? – I didn’t say that.
好吧
All right.
我们叫你布莱克 因为你是黑色的 还有杰克 就像以前那匹
We’ll call you Black, because you are, and Jack, after the old one.
总而言之 布莱克·杰克 因为可能性太多了…
And altogether, Black Jack, because the odds are stacked…
…我们俩正好相反
against us both.
布莱克·杰克
Black Jack.
你在干什么?
What you got there?
布莱克·杰克想变得更漂亮
Black Jack wants to be pretty.
好主意
Good idea.
突然 我又看到了希望
All at once, I had hope.
这些是好人 这里将是个好地方
It’s good people that make good places.
尽管如此 我还是想知道明天会怎样
Still, I wondered what tomorrow would bring.
继续前进 快点 就那样
Walk on. Come on. That’s it.
继续前进
Walk on.
巴巴卢食品贸易中心 -灭鼠药
Babaloo’s Food Emporium. – Rat problem solved.
害虫消!
Vermin exterminated!
放松点 孩子
Easy, boy. Easy.
嗨 杰瑞 你买♥♥到了个好东西?
Hello, Jerry! Have you got a good one?
最好的一个!
Great one!
他真黑啊!
He’s too black!
真是适合参加葬礼!
Be good for a funeral!
好孩子 转过来
Good lad. Come around.
哇哦,哇哦
Whoa, whoa.
她的鬃毛上扎了小辫?
Braids on his mane and tail?
怎么了? 杰瑞你打算炫耀一下午吗?
What? Are you going on a parade this afternoon, Jerry?
他想第一天干得漂亮些
He wanted to be pretty for his first day.
”第一天干得漂亮些?” 你们听见了吗 小伙子们?
“Pretty for his first day”? Did you hear that, lads?
他就是个花♥花♥公♥子♥ 有点像我
Well, he’s a regular dandy. A bit like meself.
为什么你不这样?
Why shouldn’t you be?
呼……呼
(Hey, hey, he)’-
别担心
Don’t worry.
别担心 老布莱克 老杰克 老伙计
No worry, old Black, old Jack, old boy.
没什么的
Shh. It’s all right. Shh.
杰瑞的手
Jerry’s hands.
是那样的从容…
The quiet of them…
…给了我信心
gave me confidence.
我们花尽了所有时间从这个车站到另一个车站…
We spent our days at one cab stand or another…
…寻找乘客
collecting passengers.
这都是为了谋生
It was a hard life.
在一匹马的脚下 街道是坚硬的
The streets are hard on a horse’s feet.
在一匹马的身后 马车是坚硬的
The cab is hard on a horse’s back.
但是我却很幸运
But I was lucky.
我有杰瑞 我们始终在一起
I had Jerry. We were in it together.
早上好 -早上好 黛娜
Morning. – Morning, Dinah.
车夫!
Cabby!
你去吧 杰瑞
There you go, Jerry.
车夫!
“Cabby!” Unh!
你没事吧 亲爱的? -没事 我没事
You all right, dear? – Yes, I’m all right.
我们快点把这些捡起来 不然你会被辗到的
Let’s get these up quickly. You’ll get run over.
赶快!
Look sharp!
要像火车一样快 10点到维多利亚
Put on the steam and get us to Victoria by 10:00.
我们会带你去 但是要按正常的速度
We’ll take you, but at the regular pace.
你的意思是要另外加钱?
It’ll mean a shilling extra.
要按正常的速度
At the regular pace.
我来做你们的雇工 我会准时送你们到目的地
I’m your man. I’ll get you there in time.
我为他的马捏一把汗 我不会对不起自己的良心的
It’s against his conscience to work his horse into a sweat, but not mine.
让开
Make way.
穿过去!
Coming through!
让开 让开!
Get up. Get UP!
放松 放松 那没有什么的
Easy, easy, peasy, little gee-gee.
你没事吧 黛娜?
You all right, Dinah?
我脑子里一团糟 杰瑞
I’m still in one piece, Jerry.
他们都不正常
Bonkers, all of them.
穿过去!
Coming through!
黛娜·布朗的妈妈…
Dinah Brown’s mother…
…她情况不太好
she’s in a bad way. – Oh?
可怜的黛娜
Poor Dinah.
她甚至不能去她妈妈那儿
She can’t even go to her.
那地方在乡下…
The place is in the country…
…而且周日没有火车到那里
and there aren’t any trains on Sunday.
马和我都会累的 波莉 那是我们唯一休息的日子
The horse is tired, Polly. I’m tired. It’s our one day of rest.
但是我们不应该这样对人…
But oughtn’t we treat folks…
…我们要像这样待人吗?
the way we like to be treated? – Like to be treated? Yes, heh.
你在让我提前过周日
You’re giving me my Sunday sermon early today.
你知我我妈妈已经去世….
I know if my mother was dying…
一辆更轻的车会叫马好受很多
A lighter cart would make a wonderful difference to the horse.
看!
Look!
屠夫道斯会借给你他的轻便马车
Here comes butcher Dawes now to lend you his light trap.
好
Yes.
你这个狡猾的女人
You’re a clever woman.
就这样吧
All right.
给我准备些面包和奶酪…
Fix me some bread and cheese and I’ll get ready.
你可以放心叫马和牛呆在一起
Feel free to tie your horse with the cows.
这个牧场是我们的 不是郡里的
The meadow belongs to us, not to the estate.
我会让他更放松 这样他会感觉更好
I’d rather set him loose. It’d be a real treat for him to have a turnout.
你对我很友善 对马也是….
Kind to me, kind to the horse…
快进去看看你妈妈吧
Run inside and see your mother.
你真是个好人 杰瑞 我该如何报答你啊?
You’re a tough one, Jerry. How can a person ever repay you?
哞
MOOQ
我们来这儿
Here we go.
就是这儿
Here we go.
哦,哦
Whoo, Whoo, whoo.
青草!
Grass!
视野里不再是鹅卵石
Not a cobblestone in sight.
我简直无法相信自己的眼睛
I couldn’t believe my eyes.
饼干在哪儿?
Now, where’s that biscuit?
自♥由♥奔跑让我快乐无比
Running made me very happy.
为什么杰瑞不高兴呢?
Why shouldn’t Jerry be happy too?
嗨,布莱克
Hey, Black!
我要这个!
I want that!
那是我的!
Give it to me!
还给我!
Give it here!
好吧
Right.
多谢了
Thanks.
从乡下回来后我精神振奋
The visit to the country refreshed me.
但是我一直不能停止想她
But I found I couldn’t stop thinking of her.
然后就像遇到了魔法…
Then as if by magic…
…她就在那儿
there she was.
我美丽的金洁
My beautiful Ginger.
天啊 她瘦骨嶙峋
Oh, God, she was skin and bones.
他们对她做了些什么?
What had they done to her?
她几乎虚弱到都不知道我是谁了
She was almost too weak to know who I was.
是我啊 金洁
It’s me, Ginger.
是我
It’s me.
她美丽的眼睛已经失去了神采
The brightness was gone from her beautiful eyes.
她脸上曾经充满朝气 现在却写满了沧桑
Her face, once so full of spirit, was now full of suffering.
我试着安慰她
I tried to comfort her.
我想让她知道 她不是孤单的
I wanted her to know she wasn’t alone.
别放弃 金洁
Don’t give up, Ginger.
走吧!
Get up!
你出发吧
Get on with you.
我最珍爱的朋友
My precious friend.