他们想做什么?
What do they want to do?
我的女主人想要一个新画框
Me lady craves a new coat of paint.
我想你的女主人要的不仅是一个新画框
I believe your lady could use a good deal more than a new coat of paint.
阿门
Amen.
可以帮我看着马吗?
Keep the horse for me, will you?
最好给它上上马鞍
Best leave it saddled.
我不能迟到
I daren’t be late.
你准备去哪里?
Where are you going then?
一会儿就回来
I’ll be back later.
你听
Listen.
有个马蹄铁松了
There’s a loose shoe.
耶
Yeah.
你去哪里?
Where are you going?
你不能骑他 史密斯先生
You mustn’t ride him, Mr. Smith.
现在你能站起来吗?
Now stand up, will you?
他站着啊
He’s standing.
走吧 这边走
Come on, there. Come on.
现在骑上去
Now stand up.
你的头在哪?
Where’s your head?
闪开!
Get out of the way!
继续
Come on.
驾
Hyah!
他鞭打我…
He pushed me…
…鞭打我…
and pushed me…
…鞭打我!
and pushed me!
他出了什么问题?
What was the matter with him?
我的蹄铁松动了…
I was losing my shoe…
…但是他神志不清了!
but he had lost his mind!
我的身体不能逃离…
My body couldn’t escape…
…但我的思想可以
but my thoughts could.
他们带我离开那个恶心的地方
They took me away from that awful place.
远离那儿
Far away.
但是鲁本…
But there was Reuben…
…还是躺在他跌下来的地方
still lying where he’d fallen.
我一直呆在他身边
I stayed with him.
我妈妈教过我:忠诚不需要理由
My mother had taught me to be loyal, no matter what.
天啊 发生什么事了?
Good Lord, what’s happened here?
把他翻过来
Right. Roll him over.
让我们试着扶他起来
See if we can get him to his feet.
我来背他
I’ll carry him.
每一步都异常痛苦
Every step was agony.
我不知道我的膝盖能否痊愈
I didn’t know if my knees would ever heal.
我们无法选择和我们一起生活的人
We don’t get to choose the people in our lives.
我们得听天由命
For us, it’s all chance.
加油
Come on.
加把劲 快上 快上!
Come on, get on. Get on!
快上!
Hup!
加把劲 快上 快上!
Come on, come OH, come on.
加把劲!
Come on.
他赢了!
Ha-ha! He’s won! He’s won!
漂亮的骑术 儿子
Lovely ride, son.
谢谢 妈妈
Thank you, Mama.
天啊 乔治 你对这马做了什么?
Good God, George. What have you done to the horse?
你尽力训练她了吗?
Didn’t you bother to train her?
我赢了比赛
I won the race.
你毁了她
You’ve broken her.
她的呼吸异常
She can’t breathe properly.
金洁喜欢跳跃 过每个障碍时她的心都狂跳不止
Ginger loved jumping. Her heart leapz’ at every fence.
但是他们在她号♥之前就比赛了…
But they raced her before she was fit…
…而这样她累坏了
and it shattered her.
他们曾是多么出色的动物
They used to be such beautiful animals.
现在看看他们 被毁了
Now just look at them. Ruined.
12个月的休养应该可以恢复
A 12-month run should bring back the mare’s wind, my lord.
把那匹黑♥马♥卖♥♥了吧
Well, the black one will have to be sold.
我的马厩里从来没有膝盖受伤的马
I won’t have knees like that in my stables.
被卖♥♥掉?
Sold?
每匹马都明白这个字眼意味这什么
Every horse knows that terrifying word.
这一切都发生得太突然了 他们带我走的时候…
When they came to take me away, it was so sudden…
…我甚至来不及和金洁告别
that Ginger and I didn’t even get to say goodbye.
买♥♥我的人是做出租马匹生意的
The terrible man who bought me kept horses for rent.
收紧!
Suck it in!
我被租给任何要用我的人
I was rented out to anyone who wanted to hire me.
我高兴的是我的朋友们看不到我的现状
I was glad my friends couldn’t see me now.
他们或许都认不出我了
They wouldn’t even have known me.
我们讨厌那个家伙
We hated that man.
你打到我了 畜生
You missed me, you stupid beasts.
今天这马的价格是20先令
This horse is 20 if it’s a day.
这个生气勃勃的地方点燃了我的激♥情♥
This lively place lifted my spirits.
乔 集市后再见
I’ll meet you after the fair, Joe.
等等!
Wail’!
我认出那是谁了
I know who that is.
是乔!
It’s Joe!
他长大了 长高了…
Older, taller…
…但这就是他!
but it’s him!
他到哪去了?
Where’d he go?
他的膝盖怎么了? -停一下!
What happened to his knees? – Stop!
他在马厩里吃了药片 -药片?
He took a spill in the stalls. – A spill?
他在做什么? 乔在哪里?
What are you doing? Where’s Joe?
他在那儿
There he is.
让我走!
Let me go!
很有活力 是吧?
Lively one, isn’t he?
乔 别走啊!
Joe, don’t leave!
我在这儿!
I’m here!
卖♥♥马啦!
Horses for sale!
只要24先令 他就归你了
Twenty-five guineas, he’s yours.
15先令
Fifteen.
18 -16
Eighteen. – Sixteen.
18! -17 我一个子儿都不会加了
Eighteen! – Seventeen, not a penny more.
成交!
Done!
想想你要怎么过下去?
How are you supposed to get through?
人太多了
There were too many people.
声音太嘈杂了
There was too much noise.
气味更是糟糕
The smell was awful.
走这边 有个小伙子
Coming through. There’s a lad.
草地在哪?
– Where was the grass? – Whoa!
树林在哪?
There we go. – Where were the trees?
抱歉
Excuse me.
这里很狭小…
It was cramped…
…还很潮湿…
and damp…
…又黑又闷又凉
and dank and dark and dreary.
杰瑞 他这是怎么了?
Jerry, what’s wrong with him?
他受惊了
He’s frightened.
去那边
Step up there.
叫我去吧 我想要抱抱他
Let me go. I want to go and pet him.
别担心 多莉 给我把刷子
Give me a brush, Dolly. Don’t worry.
哈利 在马槽里添些草料
Harry, put some straw in that stall.
多莉 别动!
Dolly, no!
没事
It’s all right.
来吧 我们叫他冷静下来
Come on. Let’s do it quietly.
给他一个机会
Give him a chance.
我们站上去 站好
Up we go. There we are.
谢谢
Thank you.
这的毛真像小宝宝的
It’s like baby fur here.
很软和
He’s so soft.
是的 没错
Yeah, he is.
过来 潘 加把手
Come on, Pol, give us a hand.
那些稻草准备好了吗?
How’s it going with that straw?
已经好了
All ready.
你也去拿把刷子来吧
Go and get yourself a brush, then.
那儿
There.