Here’s his boots and his other stuff.
扰乱治安
Breach of the peace.
干涉警♥察♥办案
Interfering constabulary business.
中士说要查出他是谁
Sergeant says find out who he is
从哪弄来的武器
and where he got the weapons.
姓名
Name?
快点 快说
Go on, say it.
他会说英语
Well, he can speak English, alright.
陆军步♥枪♥ 可能是个逃兵
Army musket. Could be a deserter.
这是从哪弄来的
Where’d you get this then?
犯人逃跑了
The prisoner’s lose!
快点下来
Get back down here!
犯人
The prisoner..
下面发生什么了
What’s going on down there?
放开他
Drop him!
把他放下
Put him down!
不要 求你了
No, please.
汉纳探长
Inspector Hannah.
有个缓刑的机会 要不要考虑一下
What would you say to a stay of execution?
我们接到报案 在康内马拉的警局
We’ve received reports of a deadly attack
发生了一起严重的袭♥警♥事件
on a Constabulary station in Connemara.
在基尔迈克尔阁下管辖的地方
On the estate of Lord Kilmichael.
我们相信这名本地男子
We believe this man, originally from the area
牵涉其中
may have been involved.
是康诺特游骑兵的一员
One of our Connaught rangers.
三个月前在加尔各答打伤了
Declared absent without leave in Calcutta three months ago
他的指挥官下巴之后 就不知去向了
after breaking his commanding officer’s jaw.
我了解到你认识他
I understand that you know him.
你们一起在阿富汗服过役
That you served together in Afghanistan.
他是个战斗力很强的士兵
That he is an effective soldier.
的确
He is.
你会被释放 然后和波普上尉到巴利布莱克
You’ll be released to accompany Captain Pope
并协助他找到这个菲尼下士
to Ballybrack and to assist him in locating this Corporal Feeney.
我已经退役了
I’m retired from military service.
没错 但你必须承认你的专业技能
Yeah, but you must agree that your particular expertise
更适合处理这一类的工作
is better suited to this line of work.
我不这么认为
I do not agree.
提醒你一句 探长
Might I remind you, inspector
你早已不是荣誉老兵
that you’re no longer the decorated veteran
不是民众心中的英雄了
the hero of the rank and file.
你是个失职的警♥察♥
You’re an ineffective policeman.
是爱尔兰警♥察♥的耻辱
An embarrassment to the Irish constabulary.
是一个即将因谋杀嫌疑人麦科马克
A hero who is about to be tried for the
而受审的英雄
murder of the suspect McCormack
而且很可能因此被绞死
for which you may be hanged.
所以好好考虑考虑
So think carefully.
想通了吗
Are you agreeable?
给探长把手铐卸了
Remove the inspector’s restraints.
找到这个人
Find this man.
是长官 多谢长官
Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.
是你啊
Ah, it is yourself.
很高兴他们放了你
I’m glad to see they let you go.
来点酒吗
Will you have a drop?
来点吧
You will.
敬你可怜的母亲
To your poor mother.
上帝保佑她
God have mercy on her.
她真是个固执的女人
She was a stubborn woman
宁愿饿死 也不肯接受施粥
who’d rather starve than take the soup.
我有什么办法呢
What could I do about that?
我对她说”接受吧”
“Just take it,” I said to her.
“说他们想让你说的”
“Say what they want you to say.”
但她就是不肯
But she wouldn’t.
他们把房♥顶都拆了
They’d torn the roof off the house.
我想空着也是空着
I thought it better to put an animal in it
就养了些动物
than to leave it idle.
你妈妈也是我的表亲
You know, your mother was a cousin of mine
一家人占着总比被别人占去了强
better to keep it in the family then let strangers get it.
强多了
Much better.
那个吊死我哥哥的法官
The judge, who hanged my brother..
他叫什么名字
…what was his name?
波尔顿
Bolton.
只要能让他们回来 让我做什么都愿意
I’d give anything to have them all back.
你母亲 我兄弟
Your mother, my brother.
迈克尔
Michael.
但是我没办法
But I can’t.
天太潮了
Damp day.
你应该注意别让火♥药♥受潮
You should have kept your powder dry.
上尉 你打算去多远的地方呢
How far do you plan to travel, captain?
需要多远就多远
As far as we need to.
我写了一篇有关西部饥荒的经济报道
I’m compiling a report on the economics of famine in the west.
韦克斯福德独♥立♥报
Wexford Independent.
给
Here.
免费的
Free copy.
加拉太书 第六章 第七节
“Galatians” chapter six, verse seven.
您说什么
I beg your pardon.
“种瓜得瓜 种豆得豆 自食其果”
“For whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.”
西部饥荒原因可以归结为两个词
Drunkenness and fecklessness is the economics of
酗酒和无能
famine in the west.
还有持续地庄稼歉收
And the continued crop failure.
先生 那是因为那的人本就无能
Failures, sir, lies in the character of people.
不然你解释一下他们为什么
Explain your total dependence upon
完全依赖最容易种植的食物呢
the easiest grown staple learned to mankind.
这点土地 只有种土豆
Potato was the only way
这么多人才能吃饱
to feed so many over limited acreage.
不思进取的奴隶的食物不配和勇者一样
Food for the contented slave not the hardy and the brave.
很不错 多谢 中尉
These will do fine. Thank you, lieutenant.
列兵 带汉纳探长去马厩
Private, take Inspector Hannah to the stables.
他想骑哪一匹都可以
Give him whichever mount he chooses.
好的 长官
Yes, sir.
这边走 探长
This way, inspector.
所以 他就是亨特·汉纳
So, that’s the Hunter Hannah.
如假包换
In the flesh.
你要去的地方需要这样的硬汉
Well, you need that kind of steel where you’re going.
他们说你在抓一个
They say you’re after a ranger
绿带会:爱尔兰农民为反对英国地主成立的天主教组织
跟绿带会有联♥系♥的骑兵
who’s taken up with the Ribbonmen.
中尉 我从不跟人闲聊
I do not engage in idle gossip, lieutenant.
你也应该这样
Nor should you.
天亮前把马准备好
Have the horses ready at dawn
还有让你的人穿好便装
and your man in plain clothes.
我们不想引起不必要的注意 明白吗
We don’t want to attract any unnecessary attention do we?
霍利克·奥塞
Horik O’Se..
你被指控从基尔迈克尔大人的庄园里
…you stand accused of stealing a sheep
偷了一只羊
from the estate of Lord Kilmichael.
你有什么说的
What say you?
法庭上请说英语 奥塞先生
English is the language of this court, Mr. O’Se.
你怎么辩护
How do you plead?
安静
Silence.
法官大人 他只是想给自己孩子一口吃的
Your Honor, the man was only trying to feed his children.
他根本不会说英语
He doesn’t even speak English
而提供一名翻译是法♥院♥的义务
and it is the legal obligation of the court to pay for a translator.
翻译呢
Where is the translator?
不会说是一回事
Inability is one thing,
这个人固执地拒绝一种他完全明白的语言
this man’s obstinate refusal to speak a language he clearly
就是另一回事了
understand is another entirely.
奥塞先生 你让我别无选择
You leave me no option, Mr. O’Se.
我判决你的罪名成立
I find you guilty as charged and I hereby sentence
并判你六个月的苦役
you to six month hard labor followed by transportation..
随后流放到范迪门之地的亚瑟港七年
…to Port, to Port Arthur, Van Diemen’s Land seven years.
亚瑟港位于澳大利亚塔斯马尼亚岛[旧称范迪门之地]
18世纪是大英帝国的监狱港
将犯人带下去
Remove the prisoner.