艳丽
voluptuous,
我对此毫无感觉
and it didn’t do a thing for me.
我开始怨恨她
I came to resent her failure to excite me
不再像以前那样刺♥激♥我
the way she used to.
我们开始依赖于电视的麻醉
We were developing a narcotic dependence on television, the marital aid
让情侣不说话也能忍♥受彼此
that enables a couple to endure each other
的婚姻助听器
without having to talk.
一个纽约女编辑去法兰克福书展
A New York editress was overnighting in Paris
顺道在巴黎过夜
on her way to the Frankfurt book fair.
我想带她好好玩玩
I wanted to show her a good time.
这是个公♥关♥活动
It was a P.R. Job,
我也能够理解她对于咪♥咪♥的反应
and I was apprehensive of her reaction to Mimi,
咪♥咪♥总想抢所有看到的女人的风头
who tended to upstage every other woman in sight.
你要穿那个?
You wearing that?
嗯哼
Hmm?
那件衣服?
That dress?
怎么了?
What about it?
你不能穿别的吗?
Couldn’t you wear something else?
这个怎么了?
What’s wrong with it?
哦,没什么
Oh, nothing.
没什么是什么意思?
What do you mean, nothing?
你觉得它会让我看上去很胖
You think it makes me look fat, huh?
让我的屁♥股♥看上去很大
You think it makes my ass look fat.
我说这话了吗?
Did I say that?
你觉得我有个大屁♥股♥
You think I’ve got a fat ass.
你说的,我没说
You said that, I didn’t.
那你是真的觉得我有个大屁♥股♥
So you do think I’ve got a fat ass.
老天,咪♥咪♥,饶了我吧
Jesus, Mimi, give me a break.
你以前就不会这么说
You wouldn’t have said that once upon a time.
你以前喜欢我的屁♥股♥
You liked my ass.
我还是喜欢你的屁♥股♥
I still like your ass.
我为你的屁♥股♥疯狂
I’m crazy about your ass.
你不再爱我了
You don’t love me anymore.
我的老天,你♥他♥妈♥的爱穿什么就穿什么吧
Oh, for Christ’s sake, wear what you fucking want, Mimi.
穿条他♥娘♥的♥浴巾,我才不管
Wear a fucking bathrobe, for all I care.
问题是,奥斯卡
The trouble is, Oscar,
出版业已今非昔比
publishing isn’t what it used to be.
现在算数的底线是
It’s the bottom line that counts now,
履历和销♥售♥记录
proven track records, advance sales.
没人愿意在一个刚来的
No one’s gonna invest in a newcomer
还没有被证明的新人身上投资
who hasn’t proven himself.
一个没有名气的人出不了书
So an unknown can’t get published
除非他变得有名气
unless he’s known.
我听着像是自相矛盾
Sounds like a catch-22 to me.
可以这么说
You can call it that.
你的巴黎背景也没什么帮助
And your Parisian settings don’t help any.
你什么时候回家
When are you going to come back home,
回美国,你家在什么地方?
back to the United States, where it’s at?
不,他不会回去的
Oh, no, he wouldn’t do that.
奥斯卡是巴黎的不动产,就像埃佛尔铁塔
Oscar’s a fixture here. He’s like the Eiffel Tower.
他说的对,贝弗莉 我喜欢这里
He’s right, Beverly. I love it here.
我感觉就像在家
I feel at home.
那很好
Good for you.
醒醒吧,抓住生活
Come on, get a life.
巴黎已经过时了,老把戏了
Paris is out. Vieux jeu.
巴黎是个文学的王陵
It’s a literary mausoleum.
亨利米勒50年前就把巴黎写尽了
Henry Miller used it up 50 years ago.
上帝。我觉得自从巴黎人禁掉苦艾酒
God, I don’t think France has been the same
就没再变过
since they gave up absinthe.
喔
Oh!
没关系,我没事
It’s all right. It’ll be fine.
谢谢
Thank you.
我没事,我没事
I’m fine. I’m fine.
你知道吗?
You know what?
我应该让你当我的经纪人
I should make you my agent.
那就把所有的问题都解决了
That would solve all my problems.
“巴黎过时了,老把戏了”
“Paris is out. Vieux jeu.”
你今天晚上真是帮了我不少
You really did me some good tonight,
就像我在出书上问题还不够似的
like I don’t have enough trouble getting published.
我无法忍♥受看你拍她的马屁
I couldn’t bear to see you crawl up her ass like that.
我愿意的话,拍谁的屁♥股♥都可以
I’ll crawl up the ass of anyone I fucking well feel like.
你也不是城里唯一一个
Yours isn’t the only one in town.
你真的这么想?
Is that how you feel?
我就是那么想的
That’s exactly how I feel.
如果那样,我最好还是走
In that case, I’d better go.
好,你走吧
OK. You do that.
我现在要走了
I’m going now.
嗯哼
Uh-huh.
我要走了你难过吗?
Are you sad I’m going?
嗯哼
Uh-huh.
你不难过
You’re not sad.
我很难过
I am sad,
但最好还是这样
but it’s better this way.
我的钥匙
My keys.
谢谢
Thanks.
我爱你 我如此爱你
I love you. I love you so much.
求你别让我走
Please, don’t make me go. Please.
好吗?
OK.
别哭了
Stop crying.
去做点咖啡什么的,唔?
Go make some coffee or something, huh?
我开始害怕睡觉
I came to dread bedtime.
我感觉到
I would feel this…
不可抗拒的睡觉的欲望
Overpowering desire to sleep.
Gee…
我疲惫不堪
I’m bushed.
我为她难过
I’d feel sorry for her…
晚安
Good night.
躺在那里,肚子在喊饿
Lying there with her belly crying “famine,”
器官在骚动
her organs in turmoil.
吻别
Kiss me good night.
不是那样
Not like that.
抱着我
Hold me.
我要像碾灭一根烟头一样
I would crush my lips against hers
把嘴唇踩在她的嘴上
like you mash out a butt in an ashtray,
但这只是一个男人
but that was only a prelude
最无创造性的动作的前奏
to the most unoriginal act known to man–
所谓交♥配♥
the process referred to as copulation.
我感觉像是只陷阱里的老鼠
I felt like a rat in a trap.
外面,人们在寻欢作乐
Out there, people were having fun–
跳舞,做♥爱♥
dancing, making love.
巴黎在以自己狂热的节奏抽动
Paris was throbbing to its own frenetic rhythms.
捣进我的脑袋里
They pounded away in my head,
驱迫我发疯
driving me crazy.
我恳求不同
I craved variety.
我渴望噪音和刺♥激♥
I hungered for noise and excitement.
Yeah.
Oh…
Yeah.
Oh…
Yeah.
Yeah.
Yeah.
Yeah.
Oh!
Uh! Ohh!
Ohh!
Oh! No! Ohh!
Holy shit!
你非得那么喝不可吗?
Do you have to drink it that way?
不能用个杯子吗?
Why can’t you use a glass?
有什么区别?味道是一样的
What’s the difference? It tastes the same.
看上去的样子不一样
It doesn’t look the same.
哦拉拉,我还不知道你有那么精致
Oh-la-la. I didn’t know you were so delicate.
你说精致是什么意思?
What do you mean, delicate?
意思是精致
I mean delicate.
我知道你说的什么意思
I know what you mean,
但这个词你用的不对
but it’s just not the right word in English.