你怎么做到的?
How do you do that?
奎皮 奎皮 奎皮
Queep, queep, queep.
你妈说今晚够了,几乎三点了
Your mother said enough for tonight. It’s almost 3 o’clock.
我在让我的鸟吃东西
I’m working on my ornithop–
好了,够了就够了!我们要睡觉了!
Come on, enough’s enough! We’re supposed to be asleep!
告诉他,你是他爸
Tell him. You’re his father.
过来,儿子
Come on, son.
别理那只鸟
Leave the bird alone.
还有那只鸟的羽毛
Then the bird’s feather.
是空心管,加上血液循环的装置
It has a hollow shaft, with feeders for blood circulation.
两边的羽毛
On either side are branches, barbs…
分出去的小羽毛
…which branch into barbules…
最尾端上都有小钩子
…which have little barbicels with hooks on the end of them.
像拉链一样可以拉开
It can all be pulled apart, like a zipper.
然后再拉上
And then rezipped.
鸟用嘴整理羽毛
A bird runs its beak through its feather…
把分开的羽毛技起来
…rezipping feathers that have come apart.
飞行不只是拍拍翅膀
Flying is much more than flapping wings.
鸟可以只拍翅膀,而且静止不动
A bird can flap its wings, and not move an inch.
当她想飞的时候
When it wants to fly…
一点点风她就能飞上天
…the slightest flicker sends it up to the sky.
你一定要感受天空有东西能把你撑住
You must feel that air has substance, and can hold you up.
多半跟自信有关
It’s mostly a matter of confidence.
去他们的,反正她们懂什么?
Fuck them. What do they know, anyway?
你注意桃乐丝·罗宾森看你的样子?
Did you notice Doris Robinson giving you the eye?
她一定很喜欢疯狂科学家类型的人
She must be hot for mad scientist types.
你该约她出去 我不这么认为
– You ought to ask her out. – I don’t think so.
我没钱跟她出去
I can’t afford to take her out.
又不会花钱
It doesn’t cost anything.
你以为雪儿收费吗?
You think Cheryl’s charging me for it?
我要去自助餐厅你要来吗?
I’ll go to the cafeteria. You want to come?
我要去跟我爸谈谈
I want to go down and talk to my dad.
爸?
Dad?
爸!
Dad!
我在里面
Yo! I’m in here.
进来
Come on in.
你吃午餐了没?
You had lunch yet?
我不饿 你要吃
– I’m not hungry. – You got to eat.
拿个三明治坐下
Grab a sandwich and sit down.
爸 我要问你一个问题
Dad, I want to ask you a question.
我要另一只公的金丝雀交♥配♥用的
Shoot.

I want another canary. A male for mating.
也许你可以跟妈说
Maybe you can talk to Mom.
我不知道我们不要让她生气
I don’t know. We don’t want to antagonize her.
我花了好多时间才让她让你盖大鸟舍
I had a heck of a time getting her to let you build the aviary.
她很担心
She’s worried…
饲料的钱
…about what it’s costing for the feed…
木材等等
…the lumber and whatnot.
饲料很便宜
The birdseed’s cheap.
艾尔和我偷拿木材 我确定我不会告诉她
– Al and I swipe the lumber. – I sure won’t tell her that.
她深信你朋友是艾尔·波考
She’s convinced your friend is Al Capone.
我知道
I know.
别以为你妈不想要最好的
Don’t think your mom doesn’t want what’s best.
她关心你的发展兴趣,还有朋友
She’s concerned that you develop interests and friends…
让你适合成长
…that’ll help you fit in.
适合什么方式?
Fit into what?
不管什么,你知道,生活
Whatever. You know, life.
她觉得我跟艾尔和金丝雀不适合相处?
She thinks I won’t fit in with Al and a canary?
不是这样,只是…
It’s not that. It’s just, well….
拿我来说
Take me.
我一直对工艺品有兴趣
I’ve always had an interest in wicker.
当我遇上你妈,我能做更好的工艺品木椅
When I met your mom, I could make a better wicker chair…
胜过费城其他的人
…than any man in Philadelphia.
如果现在有人要,我还能做
I still could, if anybody wanted one.
但现在没人喜欢工艺品木椅了
But nobody cares about wicker anymore.
所以我的行业不吃香了
So I don’t fit into the scheme of things.
你懂我说的意思?
You see what I’m saying?
你妈只是想要你比我更好
Your mother just wants you to wind up better than me.
父母都是这样
Every parent wants that.
我只是说你需要培养实际一点的兴趣
I’m just saying you should be interested in something practical too.
如果不受欢迎你再精通也没有用,对不对?
It’s hard to be good at something nobody wants, huh?
你真的想要,对不对?
– You really want this, don’t you? – Yeah.
我跟你妈说
I’ll talk with your mom.
别担心,我不会放他出来,你到你确定他为止
Don’t worry, I won’t let him out till you’re sure of him.
我想他在吹牛
I think he’s mostly bluff.
你好吗?
– Hi. How you doing? – H i.
你有另一只了!
You got another one!
他叫阿方索 什么?
– His name’s Alfonso. – What?
他很喜欢打架,炫耀
He likes to fight and show off a lot.
你把他叫我的名字 谢谢
You named him after me. Thanks a lot.
不是他真的名字 他真的名字叫什么?
– It’s not really his real name. – What’s his real name?
我不知道,我还不会说金丝雀话
I don’t know. I don’t speak canary yet.
还不会?
Yet?
奎皮
Queep.
奎皮
Queep.
奎皮 去你的!
– Queep. – Fuck!
奎皮
Queep.
越来越奇怪
– This is getting weird. – Queep.
我不是要你别这么做?
Didn’t I tell you to stop that?
我告诉你,妈,是锻炼身体
I told you, Mom. It’s for gym.
我不知道!看起来很神经
I don’t know. It looks crazy.
她说你神经
She’s calling you crazy.
问她这几年都把我们的棒球藏哪去了?
Ask her what she’s been doing with our baseballs all these years!
我想她埋起来了,我们只要找到地方就行了
I think she buries them. We just have to find out where.
我猜她烧掉了,永远找不到
I think she burns them. We’ll never find them.
对,也许是
Yeah, probably.
多久?
How long?
一样
Same.
一小时
An hour.
我瘦了十磅
I’m up to 10 pounds.
用你这些瘦下来的,你真的可以摔角了
With that and all the weight you lost, you could really clean up in wrestling.
你知道拍翅膀要花四十磅的力量?
Do you realize that’s 40 pounds of flapping power?
你跟我一样不会飞
You won’t fly any more than I could.
你不会飞是因为你不相信你会飞
You couldn’t fly because you don’t believe you could fly.
是蛇!
It’s a snake!
该死的蛇!
Damn snake!
把脚都吃掉了
Got its whole foot in its mouth.
一定有两尺长
It must have been 2 feet long.
我想是锦蛇 我不相信你
– I think it was a rat snake. – I don’t believe you.
有这么长! 对,没错
– It was that long! – Yeah, right.
我们要不要开始?
Are we getting started or what?
耐心点,艾尔,你只要有耐心
Patience, Al. You just got to have patience.
这地方是垃圾场 四,五,六
– This place is a garbage dump. – Four, five, six….
有味道 九,十,十一
– It smells. – Nine, ten, eleven….
你确定有用?
You sure this is going to work?
十六
Sixteen.
到边缘的时候停,我不想让你或我的单车掉到水里
Stop at the edge. I don’t want you or my bike in the water.
你呢?
How about you?
我从我屋顶上练习
I’ve been practicing off my roof.
从二十尺掉下来不会摔伤
I can fall 20 feet without hurting myself.
那一定有四十尺高
That’s got to be a 40-foot drop out there.
跟重量和密度有关
It’s all a matter of weight versus density.
我的重量每秒飞行三十二尺
At my weight, traveling at 32 feet a second…
我下降的速度直到我下坠二十尺前都不会增加
…my downward velocity won’t increase after I fall 20 feet.
什么意思?
What does that mean?
最糟的情形就是我被风打昏
The worst thing that can happen is I get the wind knocked out of me.
不会发生,我要飞
It won’t happen. I’m going to fly.
我看起来如何?
How do I look?
笨极了
– Dumb. – Heh.
好的 准备
– Okay. – Ready.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!