A lot of people wouldn’t think so. Aren’t you concerned?
当然,有点
Well, yeah, sure, kind of.
你知道有什么好主意,阿方索?
You know what would be a good idea, Alfonso?
艾尔 也许有帮助
– Al. – It might be helpful…
如果你现在去看你的朋友
– …if you visited your friend now. – Yes, sir.
我的进展要快是很重要
It’s important that I make some progress soon.
罗斯基?请瑞蓝迪进来
Ronsky? Send Renaldi in here.
你会喜欢瑞蓝迪的,阿方索他也是意大利人
You’ll like Renaldi, Alfonso. He’s Italian too.
这里是怎么回事?
What’s going on here?
职业病治疗,波音的天才想出来的
Occupational therapy. Some genius at Boeing thought it up.
疯子找出疯子,对不对?
Who better to sort out the nuts than nuts, right?
你在这里做什么? 几乎每件事
– What do you do here? – Pretty much everything.
大部分我帮忙照顾病人
Mostly I help take care of the patients.
带他们散步,讲笑话给他们听
I take them for walks, read them the funnies…
帮他们擦鼻涕,换尿壶
…blow their noses, change the bedpans…
推他们到电视厅等等
…wheel them into the TV room. Stuff like that.
你怎么弄到这工作?他们抓到你?
How’d you get that shitty job? They bust you?
我是因宗教而拒服兵役的人
I’m a conscientious objector.
你开玩笑?
– You’re kidding? – No.
一个因宗教而拒服兵役的意大利人?
An Italian conscientious objector?

That’s right.
嗨,奈德,你好
Hi, Ned. Nice day.
奈德的电梯不能到最顶楼
Ned’s elevator doesn’t go up to the top floor.
战斗压力,他今天很安静
Combat stress. He’s quiet today.
通常,他会把屎都丢在墙上
Normally, he’s throwing shit against the walls.
到了
Here he is.
我待会儿回来,我带你到你的床
I’ll be back soon, and I’ll take you to your bunk.
他们让你跟我在一起
They have you in with me.
别紧张
Take it easy.
嗨,鸟人
Hey, Birdy.
是真的,还是怎样?
Is this for real, or what?
如果这是你离开越南的办法已经有效了
If this is some act you cooked up to get out of Nam, it worked.
你不用再装了
You can stop now.
别这样,鸟人
Come on, Birdy.
在绷带下的是我
It’s me under all these bandages.
我是艾尔
It’s Al.
也许我自己也会疯掉
Maybe I’ll get into something crazy myself.
你看不出来?
Can’t you see it?
”邻家小子因为战争的恐惧而成了疯子”
“Neighborhood Boy Turned a Lunatic by the Horrors of War.”
我只能对人咆哮
All I’d have to do for a pension is growl…
或是在马克街上打人
…or go beat somebody up on Market Street.
都是这样
So much for that.
老天,这地方让我感觉很恐怖
God, this place gives me the creeps.
这里的疯人院很安静
It’s awful quiet for a loony bin.
他们一直说我会痊愈
You know, they keep saying I’ll be fine.
我一直听到他们说
I keep hearing them.
“别担心你看起来会如何,克伦巴图”
“Quit worrying how you look, Columbato.”
但我看过迪克斯一个家伙,他们也说他不会有事
But I saw a guy at Dix who they also said would be fine.
他的脸像个三分熟的起士堡
And he had a face like a medium-rare cheeseburger.
我很怕,早上起来认不出是在刮谁脸上的胡子
I’m scared I won’t recognize who I’m shaving in the morning,
老天,鸟人,你怎么了?
Jesus, Birdy, what happened to you?
一个胖心理管生他要我唤醒你的脑袋
That fat-gut shrink, he wants me to jog up your brain…
用我们一起做过的事唤起你一些回忆
…by getting you to remember the things we did together.
我们是不是同性恋?之类的事
Did we jack one another off? Stuff like that.
我不相信那个家伙
I don’t trust that guy.
他对每件事都觉得很有趣
Everything’s too interesting to him.
你想谈什么?
So what do you want to talk about?
也轩我们该谈谈八千五百万次里其中一次
Maybe we should talk about one of the 85 million times…
我们想要找出来,你妈把棒球藏在哪里
…we tried to find where your mother hid the goddamn baseballs.
好,你不喜欢那个
Okay, you don’t like that one.
记得市政♥府♥顶的比利潘雕像?
Remember that statue of Billy Penn on top of City Hall?
从某些角度他看起来很像勃起?
How, from certain angles, it looked like he had a hard-on?
我们跟鸽子一起站在那程?
And how we used to stand there with the pigeons?
从某些角度他看起来很像勃起?
How, from certain angles, it looked like he had a hard-on?
我们跟鸽子一起站在那程?
And how we used to stand there with the pigeons?
每当有老女人走过我们,指比利潘
Every time some old lady would walk by, we’d point at Billy Penn.
我们跟鸽子一起站在那程?
And how we used to stand there with the pigeons?
每当有老女人走过我们,指比利潘
Every time some old lady would walk by, we’d point at Billy Penn.
她们往上看,她们看见比利的生殖器伸出来
They’d look up, and they’d see Billy with his dong sticking up.
每当有老女人走过我们,指比利潘
Every time some old lady would walk by, we’d point at Billy Penn.
她们往上看,她们看见比利的生殖器伸出来
They’d look up, and they’d see Billy with his dong sticking up.
该死!
Shit!
你需要帮忙吗?
Do you need a hand?
你在这里干什么嘛?
What are you doing here?
我是他的朋友,医生带我来
I’m his friend. The doctor brought me.
对!
Right!
我记得了
Now I remember.
你叫什么名字? 克伦巴图·艾尔
– What’s your name? – Columbato, Al.
你知道我不在军队里
You know, I’m not in the Army.
如果你想你可以先告诉我名字
You can tell me your name frontways if you want to.
耶? 耶!
– Yeah? – Yeah.
我是汉娜
I’m Hannah.
他吃这个?
He eats that?
看起来很可怕,不是吗?他只让我喂他这个
Heh. Looks horrible, doesn’t it? It’s all he’ll let me feed him.
你要喂他?
You have to feed him?
看起来很可怕,不是吗?他只让我喂他这个
Heh. Looks horrible, doesn’t it? It’s all he’ll let me feed him.
你要喂他?
You have to feed him?
他不合自己吃?
Can’t he feed himself?
我不知道
I don’t know.
他不会
He doesn’t.
他不让看护兵喂他
He won’t let the orderlies feed him.
但某个原因,他让我喂
For some reason, he lets me.
该死,我该闭嘴
Shit, maybe I’ll stop talking.
我喜望你的朋友
I like your friend.
但我希望他不会这么做
But I wish he wouldn’t do this.
我要走了
Listen, I’m going to go.
如果你想的话,可以留下来
You can stay if you want.
没关系,我去休息会儿
That’s all right. I’ll go bunk out for a while.
好,等等,我帮你开门
Okay, hang on. I’ll unlock you.
嗨,你好 让我看看你的背
Hi there. Let me take a look at your back.
告诉我哪里痛
Tell me where it hurts.
我好朋友的腿断了
My buddy’s broken his leg.
也许是背
Maybe his back.
我希望不是他的背,因为会让你你疯掉
I hope not his back, because that can make you crazy.
他有点疯狂,认为自己会飞
He’s a little crazy. He thinks he can fly.
他以为他是鸟
He thinks he’s a bird.
都在这里,这是他怎么从油桶上摔下来
It’s all here, the whole thing, how he fell off the gas tank.
照片拍到他的起飞点,“X”是他着陆的位置!
There’s a picture showing where he jumped, and an “X” where he landed!
我什么都不想听!不听鸟,什么都不听
I don’t want to hear any more! Not birds, not nothing!
你现在可以开始
You can start now…
从清理前廊的鸽子大便开始
…by cleaning the pigeon shit off the front porch.
面对吧,我们不做鸽子生意了
Face it, we’re out of the pigeon business.
它们不会回来 它们会回来,这是它们的家
– They ain’t coming back. – They’ll come back, they were homed.
被你像巫婆的妈妈拆掉后,还能算什么家
What kind of home is it when your witch of a mom chops it up…
而且还赶走它们?
…and chases the birds away?
对它们来说是家
It’s home to them.
不是木板跟钉子是这个地方
It’s not the lumber and nails. It’s the place.
我要告诉你
I got to tell you something.
但你答应我不要发火
But you have to promise not to go apeshit on me.
什么?
What?
你答应吗?
Do you promise?
What?
你是对的,那些鸟一直有回来
You’re right. Those birds kept coming back.
你妈下毒杀死了一半
Your mom puts down poison and knocks off half of them.
那些变聪明的还是有回来
But those blue bars get smart and still keep coming back.
所以她叫索勒瑞先生
So she calls Mr. Solari.
索勒瑞先生卖♥♥家禽的那个家伙?
Mr. Solari, the poultry guy?
对,那个屠夫
Yeah, the butcher.
那家伙会把她妈打扮成小鸡的样子
That guy would dress his mother as a chicken…
如果他只要付六十九分钱一磅
…if he got 69 cents a pound.
一定是他抓走全部,从那时候他们就没回来
He must’ve taken them. They ain’t been back since.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!