You can’t do this! Not now! Not after all this time! Not after everything we’ve been through!
我是为了比利
It’s for wee Billy! He may be a fucking genius for all we know!
他可能真的是个天才 求求你,爸 你不能这么做
For fuck’s sake, Dad! You can’t do this, man! Dad! Dad!
MAN: Tony!
老天爷,他才11岁 他还是个孩子
He’s only 11, for fuck’s sake. He’s a kid.
他只是个小孩
He’s just a fucking little kid.
对不起,儿子 真的对不起
JACKIE: (CRYING) I’m sorry. I’m sorry.
别这样,别这样 对不起,儿子
Please. Please. I’m sorry, Son.
我们完蛋了
We’re finished, Son.
哪有什么办法?
What choice have we got?
我们给他一个机会吧! 别这样
Let’s give the boy a fucking chance!
爸,你不能这样对我 我们会弄到钱的 一定有办法弄到的
Please. Please, don’t do this to me. Dad, we’ll find him some money. We’ll find it for him.
他是怎么回事?
MAN 1: What the fuck is he doing, Tony?
没事了,他没事了
It’s okay. He’s gonna be okay.
快把他带走吧!东尼
MAN 2: Just get him out of here, Tony.
好了,别烦他们 走吧!
MAN 3: Away. Leave it. Go on. Leave it.
爸,我们回家
TONY: Let’s go home, Dad.
你知道,爸是对的
Dad’s right, you know.
妈就一定会让你去
Mom would’ve let you.
全部的学费
GEORGE: All them 50 pences.
拿着,我丢了铜板 决定帮你,不买♥♥新的沙袋
Here. It was a toss-up between a new punch bag or you.
老兄,这些钱还不够住旅馆
It’s not even enough for the bed and breakfast, man.
算了吧!你在做梦 就这些…
Forget about it. You’re dreaming. Look at youse.
你瞎忙了半天才赚50便士
Fucking scrabbling round for 50 pences.
你最好不要让我失望
You’ve got to do better than that.
放心 我会去社会福利局募捐
GEORGE: How! I’m gonna have a raffle at the welfare.
我还会举♥行♥演奏会
And I’m gonna organize a concert.
谢了,乔治
Thanks, George.
席拉说可以从妇女支援团体 拿到50镑的补助 席拉拿不到钱的 她的食物救济站都被关了
TONY: Sheila’s not got that kind of money. She can’t even keep the soup kitchen open.
乔治说可以再办一次募捐
BILLY: George said we can have another whip-round.
比利,不可能的 拜托你别再想了
TONY: Billy, there’s no money left. Get that through your head, man!
只要我们开口 大家一定会想办法帮忙的
GEORGE: The lads will always dip into their buckets if we ask them.
乔治,你比谁都清楚 你知道大家都没钱 别再骗他了
TONY: George, you know there’s nothing left. Stop putting ideas in his head, man!
(JACKIE SNIFFLES)
先生 帮帮失业的矿工吧!
MAN: Come on, lads. Dig deep for the miners.
“当铺”
不要到处跳 好好走路行不行?
Is that absolutely necessary? Walk normal, will you?
到底是什么样子?
So what’s it like, like?
什么什么样子
What’s what like?
伦敦
London.
我不知道,儿子 我从来没离开达拉谟
I don’t know, son. I never made it past Durham.
你真的从来没去过?
Have you never been, like?
我♥干♥嘛去伦敦?
Why would I want to go to London?
那是首都啊!
It’s the capital city.
至少伦敦没有矿坑
Well, there’s no mines in London.
拜托
Christ. Is that all you think about?
你就只会想到这些
(CLASSICAL MUSIC PLAYING ON PIANO)
有什么事吗?
WOMAN: Can I help you?
比利艾略特
JACKIE: Billy Elliot. We’ve come for an audition.
来参加甄选的
你是说威廉艾略特?
WOMAN: You mean William Elliot?
对,是威廉
JACKIE: Yeah, William.
好,麻烦你们到楼上去
WOMAN: Yes. Can you go upstairs, please?
从那边? 对
-This way? -Yes.
谢谢
Thanks.
你第一次参加? 对
BOY 1: This your first time? BOY 2: Yeah.
我已经来过两次了
I’ve been doing this for two years now.
嗨!
Hello.
很紧张对不对?
Nerve-racking, isn’t it?
你从哪来的?
Where are you from?
达拉谟郡的艾灵顿
Everington, County Durham.
艾灵顿?是不是有一间 很漂亮的天主教堂?
Durham? Isn’t there an amazing cathedral?
我不知道,从来没去过
Don’t know. Never been.
麻烦你站上去
DOCTOR: Up on the box, please.
很好,弯腰,弯下去
All right, bend over. Right down.
慢慢起来,来
And come up. And up.
低头
Head down.
脊椎有点侧弯 头低下去
Tiny curvature here. Head down!
多弯? 应该不会有太大的问题 好,再起来
How tiny? Might not be a problem. Come on. Keep going.
好,很好 坐上来,威廉
Right. All right. Jump up, William.
我叫比利,比利艾略特
It’s Billy. Billy Elliot.
二、三、四
Two, three, and four.
爸
Dad.
爸!爸!天哪!
Dad! Dad, for fuck’s sake!
我不想参加了
I changed me mind.
快点进去,别说傻话了
Get back in there! Don’t be so stupid!
(DOOR CLOSING)
你叫什么名字?
And you are?
艾灵顿的比利艾略特
Billy Elliot from Everington.
你说什么?
MAN: I beg your pardon?
比利艾略特
Billy Elliot.
好,那比利 麻烦你到栏杆旁边
Yes, of course. Come to the bar, please, Billy.
左手放到栏杆上 脚摆在一的位置
Left arm on the bar. Feet first.
手放在二的位置
Arms second.
半蹲,然后停住
Demi-plié, and hold.
(ALL WHISPERING)
比利,我们想看你跳一小段
Now, Billy, we’d like to see you move to some music.
你有准备好音乐吗?
Do you have a piece prepared?
(BUTTON CLICKS)
(CLASSICAL MUSIC PLAYING)
(MUSIC STOPS)
谢谢
MAN: Thank you.
你还好吧?怎么啦?
You all right? What’s the matter?
根本是在浪费时间
It was a waste of fucking time!
别难过了 只是甄试,没什么大不了的
Don’t be upset. It’s only a stupid audition.
没关系的 滚开
-It’s all right. -Fuck off!
明年还可以再来
There’s always next year.
你给我滚开,听到没有
Look, fuck off, will you!
你这个同性恋
You bent bastard!
(FOOTSTEPS APPROACHING)
到底发生什么事?
What on earth is going on here?
考的怎么样?
How did it go?
妈的!
Shit!
艾略特先生 互相尊重和自律…
MAN: Mr Elliot, I’m afraid that mutual respect and self-discipline
绝对是成为本校学生 的必要条件
are absolute prerequisites for any pupil in this school.
类似的暴♥力♥行为 在任何情况下都不会被容许
Such displays of violence cannot be tolerated under any circumstances.
你明白吗?
Do you understand?
所以我们不但 非常重视这件事
I realize we shall have to consider this very seriously,
同时更会影响到 我们最后的决定
and it will be bound to affect our final decision.
很好,还有几个问题 比利
Yes, well, just a few questions, then. Billy,
你能不能告诉我们 为什么你会开始喜欢芭蕾
can you tell us why you first became interested in the ballet?
不知道
Don’t know.
就是喜欢
Just was.
那么 到底是哪一方面的芭蕾…
Well, was there any particular aspect of the ballet
特别吸引你?
which caught your imagination?
跳舞
The dancing.
他很喜欢跳舞 每天放学以后都跳
He dances all the time. Every night after school.
事实上,我们收到 威金森太太寄来的推荐信
Yes. Well, we have a very enthusiastic letter from Mrs Wilkinson,
她在信上提到… 您目前的处境 艾略特先生 您是芭蕾舞迷吗?
and she has told us of your personal circumstances. Mr Elliot, are you a fan of the ballet?
我不会说自己是专家
I wouldn’t exactly say I was an expert.
你知道所有的学生 都必须达到最高的标准
You do realize that all pupils must attain the highest standards,
这包括舞蹈 还有平常的学业两方面
not just in ballet, but in their ordinary academic work.
学生需要家庭百分之百 的支持才能成功
No child can succeed without the 100% support of the family.
你完全支持比利吗?
You are completely behind Billy.
你不支持?
Are you not?
支持 当然支持
Yes. Yes, of course.
你有什么问题要问的吗?
Do you want to ask us any questions?
(JACKIE CLEARS THROAT)
没有,没有问题
No, not really. No.
既然如此 到时候我们会通知你的
MAN: Well, in that case, we shall let you know in due course.
最后一个问题 比利,我想请问你
WOMAN: Just one last question.
你跳舞的时候有什么感觉?
Can I ask you, Billy, what does it feel like when you’re dancing?
不知道
Don’t know.
觉得很好
Sort of feels good.
有一点僵硬…
It’s sort of stiff and that, but once I get going,
但是只要一跳舞 我就会忘记全部的事情
then I forget everything.