I was always there at the beginning.
我给她看了一些你的版面布局
I’ve showed her some of your layouts.
-你在说她 -不 我没有
-Oh, you teaching, -uh… Uh, I don’t teach.
-你在说这松饼还是她 -她在说我
-Muffin or is she teaching you? -She’s teaching me.
你看 你把那些做的太大了 那些花儿
Now, see, you made those too big, those flowers.
-什么花儿 -就是这些 他们太大了
-What flowers? -See, that’s… that’s too big.
你的仁慈都哪儿去了比尔
Where’s the love today, Bill?
仁慈 快点完成这页吧
Love? Just get the page done.
不要对我这么苛刻 比尔
Show ’em where the love is, Bill.
-你的仁慈都哪儿去了 -快点把这页完成吧
-Show ’em where the love is, right? -Just get the page done.
温彻斯特 温彻斯特
Winchester. Winchester.
他的枪又没有在卡车里走火
And he means the gun off the back shelf of the pickup truck.
约翰 让我看看这张
John, let me see this one here.
把你最喜欢的一张放到这儿…对 对…
Put your favorite up here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
看 这儿的这件短外套
You see, it’s a little short coat in here.
别鼓励他
Don’t encourage him.
很好 他没听到我在说他什么
The good thing is he can’t hear me talking about him.
宽度190试试 我也不知道该是多少
Maybe 190. I don’t know what it was.
有时候我以为他听不见我在说什么
Then all of a sudden, when I don’t think he can hear me,
-他却突然听见了 -你刚刚说什么
-he hears me perfectly well. -What?
比尔的这些作品几乎是他的全部了
Bill’s fingerprints are all over everything he does,
所以他从不卖♥♥掉任何一件
’cause he’s never ever, ever sold out one inch of anything.
当比尔的帽子店生意开始变差之后
When the hat business was sort of sloughing off,
他开始给一个”女性着装指南”工作
he was working for Women’s Wear Daily as a…
写一个关于女帽的专栏
Writing a millinery column.
他渐渐离开了”女性着装指南”的那份工作
Part of his falling out with Women’s Wear Daily…
大概是因为那个专栏没成什么气候
hadn’t to do with anything really big.
而且杂♥志♥的做法有些违反他的理念
It had to do with this ethical issue for him,
他们把很多他的照片
which was that many of his photographs
列入了备用照片
were being used for an “In and Out” list,
这让他觉得 显得他的作品很一般
and his feeling is that it’s all equally in.
这也是他开始自己储存他的照片的原因
That’s the reason he’s documenting it.
他特别善良
He’s incredibly kind.
我们从没看到比尔拍过什么残忍♥的照片
I don’t think we’ve ever seen a cruel picture done by Bill,
其实他有机会去拍那样的照片
and certainly he’s had an opportunity to really have done it.
但是他选择不去那样做
He’s chosen never to do it.
他当时还在为”女士着装”工作
He was still working at Women’s Wear,
他拍过一组照片
and he did a piece on women on the street…
街拍那些和时装秀穿着同样衣服的女人
in the same clothes as the models on the runway.
他想去展示一些与众不同的女人怎样穿出自己的风格
It was about how incredible women had their own style…
她们对衣服有着怎样的改装
and what they could do with the clothes, side by side…
和那些时装秀的设计师比起来有什么不同
with what the designers did on the runway,
但是杂♥志♥社换了他的主题
and they changed his copy
把这些女人的着装做成了一种搞笑的比较
to make fun of the women.
他并不赞成
This idea of a valuation of one person over another,
通过一张张照片
or one image over another,
去对一个人做出怎样的评判的做法
was not something that he really subscribes to as a person.
他对这件事感到非常不安
He was so beyond upset.
他很难过…
It was so sad and it…
他觉得他忘不掉这件事
He didn’t think he’d ever get over it,
因为他觉得很尴尬和不安
because he was so embarrassed and upset…
他会真的很在意那些照片被选入那期杂♥志♥的女人们
and really cared about the women that he had put in this…
在这件事发生之后会有怎样的想法
in this and
会不会影响她们的生活
what happened.
这样 因为这件事 他结束了在”女性着装”的工作
That was the end of his career at Women’s Wear Daily.
她很可爱
Yeah, she’s lovely.
天…她那是一个垃圾袋么
Jesus, what’d she… Just get a garbage bag?
是垃圾袋…看她多像一朵玫瑰 一朵黑玫瑰
Rubbish bag. Looks like she’s in a rose, a black rose.
这就是个大垃圾袋
It’s a garbage bag.
你居然说像玫瑰
What the hell you talking about a rose?
像你们这些从南新泽西州来的人会怎么说
What would you people from southern New Jersey know?
这是个漂亮的女人
Oh-ho. Beautiful woman.
她们俩穿的好精致 看
These two are exquisite. Look at them.
我觉得一个人很难去描述自己是什么样的
It’s really hard to describe oneself…
我们有时候是活在别人的观点和评价中的
because I think one lives very often in other people’s visions.
我把自己当做这世界上最老的”青少年”
I see myself as the world’s oldest living teenager
因为我享受了这么多好时光
’cause I have such a good time,
并且我努力去实现想做的事情
and I try to get as much kick out of things as possible.
我养着我的宠物…它有时候会嫉妒我
I have all my little animals, who, by the way, are very jealous of me,
我得给它们买♥♥些珠宝 否则它们会咬我
and so I have to give them jewelry… otherwise they bite.
我常听人说…比如琼·克劳馥说过
I always heard growing up that Joan Crawford said that…
她每次出门 她必须是自己 是琼·克劳馥的样子
whenever she went out, she had to go out as Joan Crawford.
我把这句话深深地记在心里
So I took that to heart,
每次我出门 也必须打扮的就是我自己的样子
and whenever I go out, I have to be Patrick McDonald.
我必须保持这样花♥花♥公♥子♥的样子 我绝不会
I have to be the dandy, and I would never go out…
不画这样妆 这样的眉毛 带这样的帽子出门
without my beauty mark, my eyebrows, my hat.
我绝不会那么做
I would never do that.
我们就像是画布
We’re all canvases.
每天早上起来就是一块空白的画布
We’re all blank canvases when we get up in the morning,
然后我们要去装扮自己
and we paint ourselves.
有时是超现实主义的
Sometimes we’re surreal.
有时是印象派的 有时是前卫的
Sometimes we’re impressionistic. Sometimes we’re modern.
这完全取决于…那天你是怎样的状态
It… It just depends on the day.
这是我的…字母装
This is my, uh, alphabet outfit, and,
这件衣服同时也
this is another of, uh, my… my clothing…
曾经登上过比尔的
that appeared in “On the Street” column
“在街上”专栏
of Bill Cunningham.
我把这件叫做”条纹帐篷”
I call it “Awning Stripes.”
这是一件苏格兰格子装
A Scottish plaid outfit.
我也不知道这是什么民族的
I don’t know which clan it belongs to.
当我穿这件外套出去时 很多人会笑
When I wear this outfit, people smile,
好像这件衣服会让他们变得开心一些
and it kind of cheers them up a little bit.
这是一件棒棒糖售货员外套
This is one of my other lollipop salesman’s outfit.
这件衣服融合了很多苏格兰的格子花纹
A combination of different plaids from Scotland.
这个外套是我旧沙发的团
This used to be my old sofa, the jacket,
这裤子的图案 和我原来的长椅一样
and my pants was… used to be my ottoman.
这些事登了我的文章
These are, uh, the issues from my appearances…
比尔的”在街上”专栏里
in Bill Cunningham’s “On the Street” column.
这些…都塑封起来了 可以留给我的孙子们看
They’re laminated so that this will preserve it for, uh, my grandchildren.
把这张放到那一角
Put this one in the upper right-hand corner.
把这两张放到一起
Give me these two together.
-这两张重叠到一起 -好了
-Lap them together. -Together.
好 这这些都放回去
Uh, put the dog back where the cab is for the minute.
我们来重看一遍 约翰
Let me see them again, John.
别那么烦躁
Now don’t get angry.
我想把你从窗户上扔下去
I’m going to jiggle you right out that damn window.
你干嘛不去拍照 我可以直接把这些弄完
Why don’t you go get your film, so I can straighten this out?
不 我现在不去 把照片都调回去
No, I will. Put it back.
我要把他们做到我想要的样子
As soon as I get exactly what I want.
天…但愿我还有耐心忍♥你一天
Oh, Jesus, give me strength to deal with you today.
我们还要花三四个小时
Oh, and we gotta leave room for that
去网站上看一些废话
damn three or four lines Web site, some nonsense.
看 他们现在在《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》上给我弄了个音频
Look at now. They’ve got the audio thing going at the Times,
他们强迫我这么做的
which they pushed me into,
并且给的理由是 “现在很多人懒得看报纸”
and they said, “Well, a lot of people don’t read the paper.”
我说”好吧 我会去做…不过我在哪儿录”
I said, “Okay, I’ll do it. Where do we do it?”
不不不 别这样
Oh, no, no, no, no, no.
这是他第一次尝试这样
This is… He’s getting in a zone.
我就坐到那个房♥间里 然后把我的想法说出来
I just go in the room and say what’s on my mind and that’s it.
大概五分钟就录好了
It’s done in five minutes.
好的 这样…
Okay. Yeah.
这是本期的”在街上”栏目
Uh, this is Bill Cunningham,
我是比尔·康宁汉姆
and “On the Street” this week…
毫无疑问地…我们这周的主题是黑色
… there’s no question black is the story this week.
看 在八月的第一周
Here we are, the first week in August,
全纽约的人都在穿黑色
and the New Yorkers are all in black clothes.
本期的”在街上”栏目…
This is Bill Cunningham,
我是比尔·康宁汉姆
and “On the Street”
这是一♥期♥非常有趣的主题
this week is a very interesting…
它一直是这样么 它确实是
Isn’t it always? But it really is.
这组照片是不同的领子