It’s as true today as it ever was.
寻找美的存在
He who seeks beauty…
也将找到它
Will find it.
我们不能把整个纽约的经济都建立在
We cannot base New York City’s entire economy…
华尔街和房♥地♥产♥商身上
on Wall Street and real estate.
他们在努力拯救和保护这个正在退步的政♥府♥
It’s a rally to save, or protect, the garment industry from disappearing.
不过我觉得有点晚了
But I’m afraid it’s too late.
这些批发商都走了
All the jobbers are gone. They’ve all more or less moved out.
90-95%美国人穿的衣服
90-95% of the clothes Americans wear…
都不是在美国做的
are made outside of America.
迈克尔
Michael!
康妮汉姆先生 他们希望你到那边去
Mr. Cunningham, they would like you up there.
-近来如何 -很好 很好
-How are you? -Great. Good.
-你怎么样 -很高兴见到你
-You? -Good to see you.
我不在那儿干了
I’m hanging out behind the scenes.
我觉得那我可以要一件这样的外套…美国制♥造♥么
I think I’ll take one of those pea coats. Made in America?
来看看这衣服最好的地方
Get ready for the best part of the pea coat.
-羊绒和氯丁橡胶 -这对我太奢侈了
-Cashmere and neoprene. -Oh, too rich for me.
大卫·沃弗森大概是这儿的最后一个
David Wolfson is one of the last…
批发商 或者你自己怎么称呼
“jobbers”? What do you call yourself, David?
-承包商 -承包商…抱歉 我理解错了
-Oh, contractor. -Contractor. Excuse me. I’ll get it straight.
大概三十年前 这儿有很多批发商
There were thousands of them 30 years ago,
现在…大概只剩45家了
and there’s now maybe 45.
看这边
Oh, look at this.
这里大概符合
This would fit the bill of the measurements…
卡内基音乐厅那边的人
of what Carnegie Hall said
给我们的租金标准
we were entitled to or not to?
是的
Yes. Yeah.
如果我有衣服可挂在这衣柜就好了
Well, it would be nice if I had clothes to hang here.
这很漂亮 这一面墙都有窗户
But it’s beautiful, with the whole wall of windows,
带窗户的厨房♥ 正对着中♥央♥公园
and the windowed kitchen facing the park.
这真是有点尴尬…
That’s an embarrassment, isn’t it?
我们要看的下一间在哪儿
Uh, where’s the next one?
那间在14层
The next one is on the 14th floor.
我们到了
Here we go.
在你右手边
To your right.
我觉得你会喜欢这间…
I think… I think you’d like this one…
可以考虑作为一个选择
as an option.
好的
Okay.
比尔 这间房♥子有用餐的地方
Bill, this was the one that had the dining area…
-天 -还有个更大的厨房♥
-My dear, -l… and the bigger kitchen.
我这辈子都没做过饭
I’ve never dined in, in my entire life.
或许你该尝试着开始做饭
Well, maybe you’ll start.
这间看起来小一些
This seems smaller.
可能是光的原因
A little bit. It could be the lighting.
是的
Yes. Yeah.
还有这儿的风景…
Yeah, the view.
谢谢你抽出时间来陪我看♥房♥♥子 我尽量不再这么麻烦你
I appreciate your time, and I’ll try not to take more of it, you know?
你随便看好了
You take as long as you need. Well, yeah.
如果你选中了这里的公♥寓♥…你打算什么时候搬进来
If you take one of these apartments, when are you going to move?
-你对自行车了解多少 -不了解
-What do you do with bicycles? -I don’t know.
我可能要问两个很私人化的问题
So I’m going to ask you two very personal questions…
你可以选择不回答
you may or may not want to answer.
完全随你便
It’s completely up to you.
你这辈子有过很喜欢的人么
But have you ever had a romantic relationship in your entire life?
如果我是同性恋…你会对这个话题很感兴趣么
Now, do you want to know if I’m gay?
是的
Yes.
那岂不是显得很迷乱
Isn’t that a riot?
其实这大概是我家里人
Well, that’s probably why the family
不想让我♥干♥时尚这行的原因
wanted to keep me out of the fashion world.
不过他们不会和我谈这些
They wouldn’t speak of such a thing.
我从没爱过谁
No. I haven’t.
-这辈子都没有过么 -是的 从没爱过谁
-Never in your entire life? -No. It never occurred to me.
我大概只对衣服感兴趣
I guess I just was interested in clothes.
这多少算是一种困扰吧
That’s the obsession.
这有些奇怪
It’s probably a little peculiar.
你会觉得遗憾么
Is that something you regret?
不 我不怎么去想它
No. I wouldn’t even think about it.
我没什么遗憾
No, I don’t regret it.
根本没有这时间 我日日夜夜都在工作
There was no time. I was working night and day.
我不知道该怎么说…
I mean, I don’t know when you’d…
我家里…
And in my family, uh,
基本不会讨论这些事情
things like that were never discussed.
我根本不去想这些事情
So it never… It wasn’t even in my head or my mind.
我不去想这些
I wouldn’t have known a thing about it.
所有家里人也不怎么去担心
So they needn’t have worried.
很多年过去了 我再去想…
But years later, I surmised…
可能家里人也考虑过这方面的事
that that must have been in the back of their minds.
大概和那个来自Chez Ninon的女人有关
And certainly the women from Chez Ninon.
你有一些很好的朋友么
You’ve had good friends.
你有一些很好的朋友么
You’ve had good friends.
我知道几个人
A few people that I’ve known.
你是说…就是朋友
People that… Oh, you mean… Just friends.
没错 我有几个朋友
Oh, Yeah. Yeah. No, I have friends.
比如说…安东尼奥是你很好的朋友
I mean, Antonio was a dear friend.
安东尼奥…我喜欢他们几个
Oh, Antonio… I love those kids.
-还有叙泽特 -是的
-And Suzette. -Yes.
我想 大概是…
Yeah, they… It’s just, I suppose I’ve…
我也不知道
I don’t know.
你不能跟你的工作谈恋爱…
You can’t be in love with your work,
但是我很享受我的工作
but I enjoyed it so much that it didn’t…
我是个正常人
But hey, listen, I am human.
绝对的
Exactly.
身体总会有一些需求什么的…
You do have, uh, body urges or whatever,
总之 我能控制好这些
but, uh, you control it as best you can.
还有一个问题
And then the other question is…
你还是自愿回答
and again, you don’t have to answer this…
我知道你每周日去教堂
but I know that you go to church every Sunday.
是的
Oh, yeah.
信仰…
And does religion…
会是你生活中很重要的一部分么
Is that an important component of your life?
我们可以不聊这个…
We don’t have to talk about this.
我想…或许那对我的生活有指导作用吧
Yeah, I think it’s a good guidance in your life.
或许我需要去信仰什么…
Yeah, it’s something I need and, uh…
可能和家庭教养有关
Yeah, I guess maybe it’s part of your upbringing.
我不知道该怎么说…
I don’t know.
每个人…
Whatever it is, everyone…
都得去相信些什么
You do whatever you do the best you can work things out,
我觉得这还挺重要的
I find it very important. Yeah.
说不上什么原因
For whatever reason. I don’t know.
我总像个小孩一样
As a kid…
我去教堂完全是去看那些女人的帽子
I went to church and all I did was look at women’s hats.
但慢慢也会变成熟些
But later, when you mature, for different reasons.
这没什么不好的
There’s nothing worse. Yes, there is.
你将会面对的没什么不好的
What you’re about to go through is worse than getting a pink slip.
好么 准备好了么
All right? Are you ready?
在这里 就像是…
Because it’s this way. It’s like…
天…Surprise
Oh, my… Surprise!
生日快乐
Happy birthday!
看他们都穿着这外套
Look at them all in those jackets!
你是怎么计划的
How did you do it?
花了那么多钱…
Spending all that money! Oh!
真是的…我们等下带你从那边出去
Terrible. That’s it. We’re taking you out the back way.
看这些孩子
Look at those kids!
你们…你真是有鬼主意
You kids are… You’re a riot.
我们非常欢迎
…and we are so delighted…
你来到这个大家庭
to have you as part of our family and be part of yours.
大家庭 我可以和他们每人打一架
And… Family? I’ve fought with every one of these kids!
这就是一家人嘛
That’s family!
别忘了许愿
Don’t forget to make a wish.
看我能不能一口吹灭 梅丽莎