Every six months it’s like going to school.
每次来到这儿 会让自己有一种新的视角
You have to go back and reeducate the eye.
你不能带我吃太好的
You couldn’t take me to a fine restaurant.
-你不在意这儿的食物吗 -不在意
-So you don’t care about food? -No.
-真的么 -不 真的不在意
-Really? -Oh, no, no.
你听音乐么
Do you listen to music?
我以前会来这儿的教堂听一些 音乐会或是歌♥剧
I used to go to concerts here, in the churches and the opera.
但是我已经很久都不这样做了
But that stopped years ago.
-完全没有这个时间 -是的
-There’s no time. -Yeah, sure.
是的
Right.
还好我每周日都去教堂
I mean, if I’m lucky I get to church on Sunday.
我就是在那儿听的音乐
That’s where I hear the music.
是么 你去教堂听音乐
Really? You go to church to hear the music?
-你经常去教堂 -是的
-Do you go to church? -Yeah.
-每周日都去 -对
-Every Sunday? -Yeah.
真的么
Really?
这没什么…
It’s no big deal.
我去教堂忏悔
I go and repent.
-你看那些记者和狗仔队多疯狂 -没错
-And you see all the paparazzi going crazy? -Oh, yeah.
他们在追凯瑟琳·德纳芙
Over Catherine Denueve.
或许有人会说我很愚蠢
I can hear people say, “He’s gotta be the dumbest one in the crowd.
我居然不跑过去拍她
He didn’t bother photographing her. ”
实话说…她传的一点都不好看
Well, she wasn’t wearing anything interesting.
我只对好看的衣服感兴趣
I’m interested in clothes.
很多时候我根本都不知道这些明星是谁
And even if I knew them, knew who they were,
就算我知道他们是谁我也不在意
and usually I don’t,
我很少去看电影 我家里都没有电视
I don’t go to the movies much and I’ve never owned television.
我绝不会像个狗仔队那样去跟拍
I’d never be a paparazzi. I couldn’t be.
去折磨那些人 追着他们拍
To torment people and chase them…
我不会 也绝不那样做
Oh, that I couldn’t do. I wouldn’t do.
我认为拍照是一件很谨慎的事 应该悄悄地去做
I think it has to be done just discreetly and quietly.
或许换句话说 摄影师应该是”隐形人”
“Invisible,”I think, is the word.
这是欧洲最美的人之一 皮亚姬夫人
This is the greatest subject in all of Europe… Madame Piaggi.
他们是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的 在拍照
C’est le video The New York Times.
我知道
Yeah, I know.
我不喜欢他们拍我 拍她很好
The pumps. I don’t like them on me, but it’s good on her.
他第一次给你拍照是什么时候
When did he first photograph you?
大概是…七十年代
Uh, in the ’70s.
我第一次给她拍照是在
I photographed her outside
圣罗兰的 女装展外面
Saint Laurent’s couture show,
她和一些穿着普通裤装
mixed in with all the other women
却努力想让自己显得很特别的女人在一起
that were trying to be so chic with their pantsuits.
这简直是场革命
It was a revelation.
我从未见过像她这样的人
I mean, I never saw anyone like her.
她像个衣服的诗人
I think she’s a poet with clothes.
一个很好的诗人
But a very fine poet.
天…我决不能错过拍她
Oh, my God, I wouldn’t miss her.
她是我来巴黎的原因之一
To me, that’s the reason to go to Paris.
她简直像流动的服装艺术展
I mean, I just like fashion as an art form of dressing the body.
如果每个人都像我这个懒虫一样这样穿出门
If we all went out looking like a slob like me,
那这个世界将会多么无趣
it would be a pretty dreary world.
比尔有他自己的风格
No, see, I think Bill is very stylish.
他的打扮很特别
He has a look. It’s individual.
比尔独特的蓝色外套
It’s Bill… the blue smock.
这外套很实用 它有很多口袋
The jacket is functional ’cause it has all the pockets. Right.
清洗也很方便
And you can launder it.
而且我觉得这颜色也不错
And I thought the color was nice.
我最初从Bazar de L’
Originally, when I started to buy them
宾馆那边买♥♥的这衣服
at the Bazar de L’Hotel de Ville,
那时卖♥♥20美元
they were $20.
有阵子街头的清洁工也穿这衣服
And they were the ones that the street sweepers wore.
他们的衣服有黑的 白的和蓝色的
They came in black and white and blue.
通常 带着照相机
And, you see, with the cameras,
衣服这里会被磨坏
the jackets all get torn here and ruined.
当然这是另外一回事
So that was another thing.
但是我们为什么要 穿着很贵很好看的外套
Why have an expensive, beautiful jacket…
你明明知道相机会把它磨坏的
and wear it with all the cameras rubbing on it and wreck it?
我觉得完全没必要那么浪费
I mean, I can’t imagine such wastefulness.
稍等一下…这是
Oh, don’t mind me. These are my…
我每天要吃的心脏的药
I have to take every morning my heart pills.
这样才能保持心脏继续工作
Keep the heart going.
-这家咖啡厅对我来说算高档的了 -是么
-This would be an upscale French cafe for me. -Oh, really?
不是最高档的 但是挺高档的
Not terribly upscale, but upscale.
我喜欢非常简单 朴素的东西
I like very simple, down-to-earth, basic things.
我不追求那些花哨的东西
You know, I don’t like anything fancy.
不过这听起来也有些矛盾
And of course, I suppose that’s such a contradiction. Well, exactly.
我喜欢那些穿着华丽的女人
Here I love all these women dressed up in all these…
但是生活上的事 我真的不怎么在意
But I don’t mind it. L…
别人怎么样我也不关心
What other people do doesn’t concern me.
我就是没什么兴趣
It’s just not my interest.
说说你的家庭吧
Tell me something about your family.
我的家里不过是普通的工薪阶层
Oh, my family’s just working-class people.
就是些普通的 勤劳的人
Just marvelous, normal, hardworking people.
我家信天主教
And Catholic people.
我大概继承了我父母双重性格
I think I have, uh, half and half.
我有时像我父亲那样开朗
When I’m outgoing, I guess I’m my dad.
有时又很谨慎…不管你怎么说
And when I’m… uptight you’d call it now, or whatever you call it,
那时的我就完全是我母亲的性格
uh, I’d be definitely my mother.
你家人对你的工作怎么看
What does your family think of what you do?
他们没说过什么
No one ever said anything about it,
做这行这么多年以来
but I think in years, in retrospect…
我也没想过家里人会怎么想
’cause I never thought about it…
不过他们大概觉得男的不该做时尚这行吧
they didn’t think fashion was a very manly pursuit,
对于男性来说 他们显得不太专业
or profession, for a man, you know.
大概是这样
So it was that kind of thing. Right.
无所谓了
Whatever.
你对从法国获了这个奖感到很荣幸么
Do you feel honored to be getting this award from the French?
很感谢他们
Oh, it’s very lovely of them.
这让人感到兴奋
It’s exciting.
坦白说 我不明白他们干吗非要弄这个奖
I don’t know why they’re doing it, frankly.
别开玩笑了
Oh, come on, are you kidding?
-因为我活的太久了么 -不是吧
-‘Cause you live long enough to hang around? -Are you kidding?
-恭喜 -达芙妮
-Congratulations. -Oh, Daphne! Oh, child!
他们不该给我颁奖的 该给你颁
It’s you they should be honoring, not me.
谢谢
Merci.
他们应该把奖给让-卢克 他应得的
It should be Jean Luc. He’s the one they should be honoring.
他不想被奖励
He doesn’t want to be honored.
他什么都不想要
He doesn’t want anything.
他今晚接受了这个奖 我都觉得吃惊
And I’m amazed he accepted tonight.
他被颁这个奖是很特殊的
He’s not only Chevalier, but directly Officer, which is exceptional.
我坚信 他觉得自己还不够拿这个奖
Very deeply, I think he doesn’t believe he deserves it.
他这样的态度也是他得奖的原因 甚至更多
That’s why he deserves it… even more.
你在你自己的颁奖典礼上还在工作 这太有趣了
I just think it’s so funny that you’re working at your own party.
亲爱的 这不是工作 我喜欢做这些
My dear, it’s not work. It’s pleasure.
你说的对…不过
You know, you’re right, but still.
我怎么能错过好的照片
You think I’m gonna miss a good picture?
-你还住在卡内基音乐厅么 -是的
-Are you still living in Carnegie Hall? -Yeah.
-还是那个工作室 -对 对
-In the same studio? -Yeah. Yeah.
好的
Okay.
他们早晚会把我赶出去的
They’re going to throw me out eventually. Oh, God.
-不 -或者我被赶到棺材里了
-No, no, no. -Either that or I go out in a coffin.
谁知道的 我也不在乎
Who knows? Who cares?
晚上好 夫人
Bonsoir, madame.
祝贺你
Congratulations.
这正是我们聚集在此的原因
But that’s what we’re here for.
我对那些有免费衣服可以穿的名人不感兴趣
I’m not interested in the celebrities, with their free dresses.
这并不重要
That’s… C’est pas important.
最重要的是衣服本身
At least look at the clothes.
最重要的是衣服
It’s the clothes,
不是那些名人或是时装秀
not the celebrity, and not the spectacle.
他一直是这样的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!