Done? But, Ed 鈥? Now let me finish!
方法?可是 艾德 现在先让我说完
Lou, ask yourself, what’s to become of him?
露 你抚心自问 他变成什么样了?
He’s ignored all my teaching.
他无视我的教诲
What future can we reasonably see for him now?
我们现在还能预见他有什么未来?!
Growing up into a man who feels himself above the law, above ethics.
能长成一个 有法律和道德观念的男人吗?!
When we’re no longer here to restrain him, watch over him…
当我们无法再管束他 看着他的时候
who knows what crimes 鈥?
谁知道他会犯什么错
Even murder.
甚至是谋杀
Lou, our boy.
露 我们的孩子
For his sake…
为了他好
no matter how hard it must be for us, we’ve got to save him from all that.
不管这对我们来说有多困难 我们都不能让他变成那样
Now. Before it’s too late.
必须现在就开始 在一切都来不及之前
Oh, Ed, I don’t know what you’re talking about.
噢 艾德 我不知道你在说什么
Look here. It says…
看这儿 这里说着
“Take thy son Isaac, whom thou lovest…
你带着你的儿子 你所爱的以撒
“and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering…
往摩利亚地去 在我所要指示你的山上
upon one ofthe mountains which I will tell thee of.”
把他献为燔祭
Oh! “And Abraham rose up early in the morning…
噢! 亚伯拉罕清早起来…
“and took Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering…
带着他儿子以撒 也劈好了燔祭的柴
“and went unto the place ofwhich God had told him.
就起身往神所指示他的地方去了
“Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes and saw the place afar off…
到了第三日 亚伯拉罕举目远远地看见那地方
“and they came to the place ofwhich God had told him.
他们来到神所指示他的地方
“And Abraham built an altar there and laid the wood in order…
亚伯拉罕在那里筑坛 把柴摆好
“and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.
捆绑他的儿子以撒 放在祭坛的柴堆上
“And Abraham stretched forth his hand…
亚伯拉罕就伸手拿刀
and took the knife to slay his son.”
要杀他的儿子
But, Ed, you didn’t read it all. God stopped Abraham.
可是艾德 你没有读完 神阻止了亚伯拉罕
God was wrong.
神是错的
Where is Richie now?
里奇在哪?
In his room. I told him to wait there.
在他房♥间里 我告诉他在那呆着
Well, Ed, you’ve had…
嗯 艾德 你有时间
time to think this thing out.
好好想想这事
I haven’t.
我没有时间了
This seems very terrible to you, doesn’t it?
这似乎对你来说很恐怖 对吧
[ Crying ] Yes, it does.
是的
For you too. Oh, Ed, look at you.
你也一样 噢 艾德 看看你
I know what’s in your mind. Here, in the same book it’s written, “Thou shalt not kill.”
我知道你怎么想的 这儿 同一本书上写着 这孩子不该被杀
So, Richie remains innocent.
所以里奇还是纯洁的
We take the guilt. We incur the damnation…
我们接下这罪 替他下地狱
in mercy to the boy.
以得到对这男孩的怜悯
Ed, your son 鈥? your little boy.
艾德 你的儿子…你的小孩
You love him.
你爱他
[ Gasps ] Look at these. His very first photographs.
看着 这是他的第一张照片
Look at this one, Ed.
看这张 艾德
You’re holding him in your arms, s-so proud.
你把他抱在手里 多么骄傲
A-And this one. You’re pushing him in that awful secondhand baby carriage.
还有这张 你推着他那难看的二手婴儿车
Now look, Ed.
现在看着 艾德
No, Ed, look. Look at his hair. Put it away!
不 艾德 看 看他的头发 拿开!
We can’t allow ourselves 鈥? [ Phone Rings ]
我们不能允许自己…
Let it ring!
别接!
Ed, how will we make it seem like an accident?
艾德 我们怎么才能让这一切 看起来像意外呢?
Perhaps 鈥?Perhaps ifwe take him out in the car 鈥?
也许… 也许我们带他到车里去…
Accident? [ Ringing Continues ]
意外?
But I hadn’t planned to go on living. Do you?
但我没想要继续生活下去 你呢
There’s nothing left for us to live for now.
我们已经没有值得活下去的理由
Ed 鈥?Ed, our 鈥?our own home.
艾德…艾德 我们…我们的房♥子
Tomorrow, or the next day, when they 鈥? when they come and find us 鈥?
明天 或者后天 当他们来找我们的时候…
None of us will know.
我们到时已经不知道了
Oh, Ed! Ed! [ Crying ]
噢 艾德!艾德!
Ed! [ Crying Hysterically ]
艾德!
Oh, Ed. No, no. Not yet.
噢 艾德 不 不 还不是时候
Not yet! Now, Lou.
还不行! 就是现在 露
Ed 鈥?Ed, just 鈥攋ust one more thing.
艾德…艾德 再听我说一件事
Do you mind? I know it’s foolish of me.
你不介意吧?我知道这样很傻
Well?
什么事
Could 鈥?Could we go out together one last time?
我们能再出去最后一次吗?
You know, the way we do around the block.
你知道 就像我们以前在街区散步一样
All right.
好的
How far shall we walk? Oh! Just 鈥擩ust to the corner.
我们应该走多远? 噢!就到拐角那边去就可以
The corner with the police station? Ed! No! Ed!
警局那个拐角吗? 艾德!不!艾德!
[ Shrieking ] No! Ed! No! [ Banging On Door ]
艾德!不!艾德!
[ Shrieking, Crying ] Richie! Run out the window! Richie!
里奇!快爬出窗户!里奇!
Richie! No! Richie! [ Banging Continues ]
里奇!不!里奇!
[ TV: Circus ] Richie! Richie, run! From your father!
里奇!里奇!快跑!逃开你父亲
Run, Richie! Richie! Richie!
快跑 里奇!里奇!里奇!
It’s okay, pal. Everything’s gonna be okay!
没事了 伙计 一切都会没事的
[ Man ] I’m sorry.
对不起
[ Richie ] Some people work awful late, don’t they?
一些人工作到很晚 对吧
Oh, Richie…
噢 里奇
you oughta be in bed now.
你现在该上♥床♥了
What time is it?
什么时候了?
Oh, Nurse 鈥?
噢 护士…
Nurses are always in such a hurry!
护士总是那么急匆匆
Doctor, what is going on? How is my husband?
医生 怎么样了? 我的丈夫怎么样了?
I’ve just come from his room. He’s still under sedation.
我刚从他房♥间出来 他还在睡觉
Why isn’t Dr. Norton back? He said he would.
为什么诺顿医生没回来? 他说他会回来的
He’s in your husband’s room right now. I suppose he didn’t want to wake you.
他在你丈夫的房♥间里 我想他是不想吵醒你
Didn’t want to wake me!
不想吵醒我!
Ifthere’s any new development, I’m sure he’ll tell you.
如果有任何新进展 我肯定他会告诉你
[ Sighs ] But the thing I want to know 鈥?
但我想知道的是…
Dr. Norton, how is Ed? He’s still under sedation.
诺顿医生 艾德怎么样了? 他还在睡觉
Well, I know that. You’ve had him like a dead man in there for over 30 hours.
哼 这我知道 你在里面把他弄成死人一样都30小时了
But how is he? Lou, you’ve been very brave up to now.
他到底怎么样了? 露 你直到现在一直都很勇敢
Don’t go to pieces. I am not going to pieces, sir!
千万要撑住 我不会散架的 先生
I am Ed Avery’s wife, and I want to know what’s happening to him.
我是艾德 艾弗里的妻子 我想知道他到底怎么了
Yes? For instance, why all these sedatives?
明白吗? 例如用这么多镇静剂是为什么?
I am not precisely an idiot! What are you hiding? Nothing.
我不是一个白♥痴♥!你到底在隐瞒什么? 什么都没有
Ed’s in good physical shape.
艾德的精神状况非常好
Well, what’s happening to him now? Is he in pain?
那么他现在怎么样了? 还痛吗?
[ Dr. Norton ] No. But?
不 可是…?
We’ve kept him under sedation to give him every chance to recover.
我们给他注射镇静剂是给他时间复原
From what?
复原什么?
From the psychosis induced by the cortisone.
从被可的松引起的精神病中复原过来
He’s had a deep, refreshing sleep, and we may find him bright and alert any minute now.
他会好好休息 现在他随时都可能精神奕奕地醒来
However 鈥? Yes?
无论如何… 什么?
Well, I can’t promise you that he’s going to be the Ed that you’ve always known.
但是 我不能保证他 会跟你以前认识的艾德一模一样
By that, I mean that he may be psychotic.
我的意思是说他精神还是有问题
You mean out of his mind?
你是说他疯了?
Lou, I’ve always been frank with you, and I’m not going to change now.
露 我总是对你相当诚实 我不想改变这一点
When Ed opens his eyes, he may not recognize any of us.
当艾德睁开眼睛的时候 他可能不认识我们任何人了
I want you to be prepared for that.
我想让你做好准备
But if he can remember everything that happened, and face it…
但如果他能记得并面对这一切
then he’ll be all right.
那他就会好起来
Doctor, I want to look on the brighter side.
医生 我想乐观一点
By all means, Lou.
当然了 露
If he comes out ofthis 鈥?
如果他清醒过来
I mean, the way we all want him to 鈥?
我是说我们大家都希望的结果
what will you give him instead of cortisone?
你会给他吃什么来代替可的松?
There is no instead, Lou.
没代替品 露
Cortisone again.
依然是可的松
It was only Ed’s misuse ofthe drug that brought about this condition.
只是艾德滥用药物才导致这种情况
This time it’ll be in carefully prescribed dosage, which you will have to supervise.
这次会小心控制剂量 你必须盯着他
But ifthis drug is so dangerous 鈥?
但如果这药这么危险
[ Dr. MacLennan ] All drugs are potentially dangerous.
所有的药都有潜在的危险
[ Dr. Norton ] Cortisone is the only thing that could have saved his life, Lou…
可的松是唯一能救他命的东西 露
and it’ll do so again.
它还是能救他的命
But it needs faith.
但这次需要信心
Do you have faith, Lou?
你有信心吗 露?
The patient in Room 1 0 is coming out of it. Thank you.
10号♥房♥的病人开始醒来了 谢谢
Yes, I have faith, Doctor 鈥?
是的 我有信心 医生