I can’t do it. I hate him, Mom.
我做不出来 我讨厌他 妈妈
I hate him. Oh, Richie.
我讨厌他 噢 里奇
Now, darling, listen to me.
亲爱的 听我说
You’ve got to understand this, just as ifyou were a grown person.
你必须像大人一样理解这一切
Your father doesn’t mean to act this way. It’s those pills.
你父亲不是自己想这样做的 都是药的错
And if he stops taking them, he 鈥?
如果他不吃药的话 他…
his awful pain will return.
巨大的疼痛就会回到他身上
Now, we wouldn’t want that to happen, would we?
而我们不想让他痛苦 对吧
Gosh, no.
天啊 是的
So you and I must be very careful not to upset him.
所以你和我必须小心别惹怒他
Just keep on loving him with all our hearts, no matter what he does.
总之不论他干什么 我们都要全心爱他
Now, we’ll see Dr. Norton on Monday.
我们周一会去看诺顿医生
And you’ll do everything you can to help until then, won’t you, darling?
你会尽可能撑到那时 对吧 亲爱的
Sure, Mom. I just didn’t get it.
好的 妈妈 我只是不懂
Well, uh, finish your milk.
嗯 把牛奶喝了
[ Footsteps Approaching ] Now wipe your mouth.
现在擦嘴
[ Ed ] Finished? Not yet.
做完了? 还没有
Done?
做好了?
I… think so.
我想是的
You think so, huh?
你想是的?
Two hours, 43 minutes…
2小时43分
38 and 2/1 1 seconds.
38又11分之2秒
Good work, boy.
干得好 儿子
Wasn’t so hard after all, was it?
其实也不是那么难 对吧
I was just dumb, I guess.
我想我太笨了
Go on. Time for dinner.
来吧 是时候吃饭了
Hey, Mom! Dinner!
嘿 妈妈!吃饭了
Lord, we thank thee…
主 我们感谢你…
for the blessings we are about to receive.
赐予我们这些东西
Amen.
阿门
Give me that pitcher.
把瓶子给我
Give me that glass.
把玻璃杯给我
How stupid to suppose you could hide anything from me.
你们愚蠢到以为能骗过我吗?
Quite obviously one glassful has already been poured out ofthis.
很明显这已经倒出过满满的一杯
What became of it? I drank it, Daddy.
这是怎么回事? 我喝了 爸爸
It’s my fault, Ed. I brought it to him while you were upstairs.
这是我的错 艾德 你上楼的时候我拿了一杯给他
Lou, it will be better for all of us ifyou clearly understand one thing.
露 如果你能清楚明白一件事 那对我们大家都会比较好
I will not tolerate your attempts to undermine my program for Richard.
我不会容许你 试图改变我教育理查德的方式
Yes, darling.
是的 亲爱的
Be good enough not to speak to me in that hypocritical tone ofvoice.
别用这么虚伪的口气 跟我说话比较好
I see through you as clearly as I see through this glass pitcher!
我看穿你了 如同看穿这个玻璃瓶一样
Ifyou imagine I’m gonna be fooled by all this sweetness and meekness 鈥?
如果你以为 我会被你的温柔顺从所迷惑…
“Yes, darling, no, darling” 鈥?
是的 亲爱的 不 亲爱的
you’re even a bigger idiot than I took you for.
你比我想的还蠢
Let’s clear this up once and for all!
让我们一次把这话给挑明了
I’m staying in this house solely for the boy’s sake!
我留在这房♥子里只是为了这孩子
As for you personally, I’m completely finished with you. There’s nothing left.
至于你这方面我已经完全没兴趣了 我对你没感觉了
Our marriage is over! In my mind, I’ve divorced you.
我们的婚姻结束了 在我的心里我已经跟你离婚了
You’re not my wife any longer. I am not your husband any longer.
你不再是我的妻子 我也不再是你的丈夫
“But the father said to his servants…
父亲却吩咐仆人说…
“‘Bring forth the best robe and put it on him…
把那上好的袍子快拿出来给他穿上
“‘and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet…
把戒指戴在他指头上 把鞋穿在他脚上…
“‘and bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it…
把那肥牛犊牵来宰了
“‘and let us eat and be merry.
我们可以好吃好喝
“‘For this my son was dead, and is alive again.
因为我这个儿子 是死而复活
“He was lost, and is found.’
失而又得的
And they began to be merry.”
他们就此快乐起来
First, that I may preach the word of God truly…
首先我会诚心说出神的话语
and you hear it…
你们则聆听
let us bow our heads to him who said…
让我们低下头来听他说
“Whatsoever you ask the father in my name, he will give it you.”
不管你们以我的名义向神父祈求什么 他都会给你
Of all the feeble-witted sermons it’s ever been my misfortune to sit through.
要熬着听完这些扰乱头脑的经♥文♥ 真是折磨
[ Lou ] Richie, why don’t you take the funnies upstairs?
里奇 你把连环图画拿上楼吧
I’ll look at ’em later.
我一会儿再看
A man who couldn’t earn a living selling neckties…
一个不能靠卖♥♥领带生活的男人
has the audacity to stand up and talk ethics to 500 people.
胆敢站在500人面前布道
You better go change your clothes.
你最好去换衣服
Come down as soon as you’re changed.
换好就赶快下来
Where are you going?
你去哪?
To change my dress.
换衣服
First, you didn’t want to wear it to church.
之前你不想穿这样去教堂
I like to see you in bright colors. You’re to keep it on.
我喜欢你穿亮颜色 你继续穿着吧
All right.
好的
If it weren’t downright criminal, it would really be funny.
如果这还不算犯罪的话就太好笑了
What would, Ed? Trusting the moral guidance of our children…
怎么了 艾德? 将我们孩子的道德教育
to these sanctimonious stuffed shirts.
交给这些衬衣里 装满伪圣洁的人身上
Now I’ll have to take all that on.
我现在得接手这一切
Well, dinner’s in the oven. I’d better go look.
嗯 饭在烤箱里 我最好去看看
Lou 鈥?

“Take no thought, saying, what shall we eat?
不要忧虑 说吃什么
“Or, what shall we drink?
喝什么
Or, wherewithal shall we be clothed?”
或穿什么
The duty of children to parents, and parents to children.
孩子对父母 父母对孩子的责任
All that fuzzy-minded sentimentality.
都是糊里糊涂的感情用事
Love?
爱?
Of course.
当然了
It’s built in. Nature takes care ofthat.
是发自内在 天生就有的
But the first duty is to principle.
但人的第一职责在于讲究原则
Where’s that boy?
孩子在哪?
So much has to be reevaluated, explored.
那么多事情需要再评估 再探索
Lou! Lou?
露!露?
You’ll be happy to know you’ve won.
你会很高兴知道你赢了
All my efforts have been too late. In this house our son has become a thief.
我的所有努力都太迟了 这个家里我们的孩子已经变成贼了
[ Ed ] …is to devote my entire efforts to 鈥?
我尽了所有的努力…
I’ve tried to do my best 鈥? Hello.
我尽了全力 喂
May I speak to Mr. Wally Gibbs, please?
请问沃利 吉布斯在吗?
[ Ed ] But ifyou flinch in power 鈥?
但如果你在力量面前退缩
No, thank you. I’ll call him over at the LaPortes.
不 谢谢你 我自己打电♥话♥给拉伯茨那边就可以
…household duties and steal and lie 鈥?
家庭责任 偷窃和谎言
[ Richie ] I’m not a liar! You are!
我不是说谎的人!你才是
All that about being such a big football player.
那些成为伟大橄榄球员的话
You were just a substitute.
你只是替补而已
And I’m gonna call Dr. Norton to make you stop taking those pills!
我必须打电♥话♥给诺顿医生 让你停用那些药
I don’t care if your pain does come back!
我不在乎你会再疼起来
I’d rather you were dead than the way you are now!
我宁愿你死了也不要你现在这样
Come out ofthere.
出来
Get into your room.
回你房♥间去
You’ve done a bad thing.
你干了坏事
I’ve got to think about it.
我必须好好想一下
Vi 鈥?Vi, listen to me. I’ll be over as soon as I can.
薇…薇 听我说 我很快就说完
But you tell Wally I have to see him. It’s terribly important.
你告诉沃利我必须见他一面 这很重要
[ Ed ] “And so the Lord visited Sarah…
所以神去拜访萨拉…
“and it came to pass after these things that God did tempt Abraham…
这些事以后 神要试验亚伯拉罕
“and said unto him, ‘Abraham.’
就呼叫他说 亚伯拉罕
“And he said, ‘Behold, here I am.’
他说 我在这里
“And he said, ‘Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest…
神说 你带着你的儿子 就是你独生的儿子 你所爱的以撒
and get thee into the land of Moriah”‘ 鈥?
往摩利亚地去 在我所要指示你的山上 把他献为燔祭
Where are you going?
你要去哪
Just over to the LaPortes. I won’t be long.
我要去拉伯茨家 一会儿就回来
There’s something we have to talk about.
我们有事需要谈一谈
Vi isn’t feeling well and she’s all alone.
薇她人不舒服 她家就她一个人
This is enormously more important.
这事更为重要
Well, I’m sorry. It’ll have to wait. Vi needs me.
噢 我抱歉 必须等等了 薇需要我
Please, darling.
拜托了 亲爱的
All right.
好吧
We must try to forgive each other. Forgive?
我们必须试着原谅彼此 原谅?
No, wait. About Richie 鈥? this terrible thing that’s happened to him.
不 等等 是关于里奇的 他身上发生恐怖的事情了
No matter what’s come between us, Lou, you and I are still his parents.
不管我们之间怎么样 露 你和我还是他的父母
Perhaps we’re both to blame.
也许我们都有错
We must face this together, try to think out what must be done.
我们必须一起面对 想出应对的方法

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!