[ Ed ] You flinched. I saw you.
你害怕了 我看到了
[ Sighs ] You don’t think they gave me this ball for flinching, do you?
你不会以为他们给我这球 是因为我害怕吧
Every college in the East had a scout there that day.
东部每个大学那天都会进行侦探
Dad, football season’s over. All the other kids are playing baseball.
爸爸 橄榄球时代已经结束了 现在的孩子都在玩棒球
Richie. Yes?
里奇 嗯?
Are you satisfied with the way you play football?
你满足于自己的橄榄球水平?
I’m as good as most kids. I know it’s just a game.
我跟其他小孩一样棒 我知道这只是个运动
But ifyou back off now, ifyou let it go at “good enough,” that’s the way you’ll be later on.
你现在放弃还能维持现状 以后就没办法进步了
You want to be a man, don’t you?
你要成为一个真正的男人 对吧
All right. Let’s see you really get in there.
好的 让我们看看你全情投入的样子
Ready?
准备好没
Hike!
进攻
You didn’t even try that time. You quit!
你这次连尝试都没有 你直接放弃了
I’m no quitter.
我不是这样的人
Richie, I can’t allow such behavior.
里奇 我不允许这样的行为
For your own sake, I have to brace you up with a little penalty.
为了你好 我得惩罚你来让你记住错误
Ifyou miss this next pass, it’s gonna cost you your lunch.
如果下个球接不住 我就不让你吃午饭
This may seem hard to you, but later on you’ll look back and you’ll thank me.
这也许对你很苛刻 但日后你回想起来会感激我的
All right? Ready?
好了吗?准备好了?
Hike!
进攻
I’m sure ifyou send the check back through it’ll be all right, Mr. Byron.
我确定如果你回去把账单寄过来 肯定没问题的 拜伦先生
And if it’s something I don’t know about…
如果有什么我不知道的…
well, then I’ll take the dress back myself on Monday.
我周一会亲自把裙子还给你
And the bank will tell you nothing like this has ever happened before.
银行会告诉你这种事从没发生过
I’m sure it’ll be all right, Mrs. Avery.
我相信这一切没问题的 艾弗里太太
It’s just that we’ve never done business with you before.
只是我们从没跟你做过生意
Well, I appreciate your attitude very much, Mr. Byron.
嗯 我非常欣赏你的工作态度 拜伦先生
It’ll all be straightened out on Monday. All right.
周一一切就能解决了 好的
Wally, Ed’s out in back. You know, he 鈥?he’s home now on Saturdays.
沃利 艾德在后院里 你知道他现在周六都在家
I know, Lou. But I just found out something.
我知道 露 但我发现了一些事
Lou, Lou, this is important. You’ve got to listen to me.
露 露 这很重要 你得听我说
You haven’t been talking about Ed, have you? No, but I know what’s the matter with him.
你没跟别人谈论艾德 对吧 没有 但我知道他怎么了
Good morning, Mrs. Avery. Any cream today? Oh, just the usual. Thanks, Andy.
早上好 艾弗里太太 要奶油吗? 噢 跟往常一样 安迪
Here. Read this. Go on! Read it.
这儿 看看 赶快看看
It’s about cortisone. A lot of doctors have been having trouble with it.
是关于“可的松”的 很多医生因为它惹上麻烦
“The most serious reported complication ofthe treatment is psychosis.
最严重的报告指出 治疗的并发症是精神病
“In some cases, major mental disturbances have occurred.
在一些案例里甚至引起了 严重的精神障碍
“They have been most common in cases of high dosage and prolonged treatment.
在这些案件里同样都是 长♥期♥大剂量使用可的松
The benefits ofthe drug must now be weighed against its long-term dangers.”
药物的使用必须考虑到长♥期♥的伤害
See? That’s what it is.
看到没 就是这样
I see. What are you gonna do?
我明白了 你打算怎么做
Call Dr. Norton.
打电♥话♥给诺顿医生
I’ll go with you, Lou. Oh, no, Wally. I’ll call you later.
我跟你走 露 噢 不 沃利 我晚点给你电♥话♥
Oh, you’re an angel.
噢 你真是天使
And furthermore, this isn’t the first time you’ve gone out ofyour way…
此外 这不是第一次你不辞辛苦的
to annoy me with yourjingle-jangle in, jingle-jangle out.
用你的进进出出的铃铛声烦着我
Why do you do it? I can’t help it ifthe bottles make noise.
你为什么这么做 这瓶子要发出声音我也没办法
Don’t lie to me. It’s deliberate.
别骗我 你是故意的
You’re filled with envy and malice towards me because I work with my mind…
你嫉妒我 所以想对付我 因为我是用头脑干活的
so you make it impossible for me to concentrate.
所以你故意发出声音干扰我
I wouldn’t do a thing like that, Mr. Avery.
我不会这样做的 艾弗里先生
Why, you folks and me, we’ve been real friend 鈥?
为什么呢 你们和我一直是真正的朋友啊
Some mornings I even take the boy with me on my rounds.
有时候早上我还带着孩子绕一圈呢
Ask him.
问他
I said for you to wait outside. Go and do as you’re told.
我叫你在外面等着 照我说的做 出去
Now I give you warning.
现在我警告你
Ifthis happens once more 鈥?once more 鈥? I’ll have yourjob for it.
如果再一次发生这样的事情… 再一次地 我会让你丢工作
I’ll call the president ofyour company.
我会给你公♥司♥的总裁打电♥话♥
Look, Mr. Avery, I’ve been working for this company since 鈥?since 1 1 years, see?
听着 艾弗里先生 我给这家公♥司♥打工11年了 明白吗
A-And you can take a-and call the president ofthe United States ifyou wanna!
而你以为 你可以随心打电♥话♥给美国总统吗?!
Oh, well, g-g-good-bye. I’m sorry.
噢 好的 再见 我真是抱歉了
I’ll try not to disturb you, Mr. Avery.
我会试着不吵到你的 艾弗里先生
That’s what I mean. Listen to him.
这就是我说的声音 听听
Ed, I want to talk to you.
艾德 我想跟你谈谈
All right.
好的
You’ve been so erratic, so unreasonable…
你一直情绪不稳 不讲道理
as ifyou’d been drinking.
就像喝醉了一样
But Wally found out why. It’s the cortisone.
但沃利找到原因了 是可的松造成的
Oh.

You’ve got to believe me. You’ve got to stop taking it.
你必须相信我 不能再吃了
Oh, my God!
噢 我的天啊
Yes?
嗯?
Did you forget what you were going to say?
你是不是忘记你要说什么了
[ Crying ] I forgot.
我忘记了
Wally knows, doesn’t he?
沃利知道了 对吧
He knows that without cortisone I’d be dead within the year.
他知道没有可的松的话 我一年内就会死
What sort of a fool do you both take me for?
你们以为我是傻瓜吗?
[ Richie ] Nine, four, 1 7. Hike!
9 4 17 进攻
Hey, Jimmy, wanna play football with me?
嘿 吉米 想跟我一起玩橄榄球吗?
[ Woman On Line ] Dr. Norton’s office.
诺顿医生办公室
Hello. Is Dr. Norton there? This is Mrs. Avery.
你好 诺顿医生在吗? 我是艾弗里太太
I’m sorry, Mrs. Avery. Doctor is out oftown for the weekend.
不好意思 艾弗里太太 医生这周末出城去了
Dr. MacLennan is taking his calls.
麦克莱农医生替他值班
Mrs. Avery. May I connect you with him?
艾弗里太太 我帮你把电♥话♥接过去?
No, it’ll wait until Monday.
不用了 我等到周一吧
I’d rather talk to Dr. Norton personally.
我想亲自跟诺顿医生谈
[ Ed ] Richie.
里奇
What is the common denominator of six and five?
6和5的公分母是多少?
Thirty? No, 20.
30?不 20
No, 30.
不 30
Why did you write “1 1 “?
你为什么写11
I don’t know. I guess I 鈥?
我不知道 我想我…
You guessed?
你想?
Take a fresh sheet.
换张纸
Ready?
准备好没?
“A” and “B” are hired to cut wood…
A和B被雇佣来砍木头
at 50 cents a cord.
每捆50美分
Write it down.
写下来
“A” can cut a cord in six hours, “B” in five hours.
A:6小时能砍一捆 B:则只用5小时就可以
Now think.
现在想
How long will it take them both to cut a cord?
他们一起砍一捆需要多长时间?
They could do it faster with a power saw.
他们用锋利的锯可以更快些
A power saw isn’t the point.
重点不在锋利的锯
This is a problem, quite a simple problem in arithmetic…
这是一个问题 一个非常简单的数学问题
designed to develop your mind.
用于开♥发♥你的大脑的
Understand?
明白吗?
Very well then.
很好
Fifty cents a cord.
50美分一捆
Richie, don’t you see? The 50 cents doesn’t 鈥? doesn’t make any difference.
里奇 你明白吗? 50美分根本不重要
Leave the 50 cents out, and go on from there.
别管50美分了 往别处想
Don’t get flustered.
别闹脾气
Just use your reason calmly.
用你的理智冷静下来
We’ll have dinner the moment you’ve mastered this problem.
你解决了这个问题才能吃饭
Ed, dinner’s been waiting two hours. I’m sorry.
艾德 饭都等了两小时了 我很抱歉
Richie ought to eat. I’m hungry too.
里奇必须吃饭了 我也饿了
Ed, Richie didn’t even have lunch.
艾德 里奇午饭也没吃
Look at him. He’s falling asleep.
看看他 都要睡着了
He’s just a child. Lou, my profession is teaching.
他只是个孩子 露 我就是个老师
I happen to know something about children.
我了解孩子的一些特性
They’re born bone lazy, just as they’re born greedy and untruthful.
他们天生懒骨头 正如他们天生贪婪不可靠
Aren’t you expecting too much?
你难道不是期望过高
The human brain, if properly developed, is capable of doing 1 0 times the work…
人脑要是得到正确的开♥发♥
that’ll ever be required of it.
做事可以事半功倍
Lou, my concern is solely for Richard’s future.
露 我关心着理查的未来
I’m prepared to sacrifice everything to that.
为此我准备好牺牲所有的一切
Any objection?
没有反对的理由?
No, Ed, I 鈥?I’m sorry I interfered.
没有 艾德 我抱歉打断你们
Never a moment’s peace.
没有一刻安宁
Keep at it. I’ll be right back.
继续 我一会儿回来
[ Whispering ] Richie. Richie! Drink this.
里奇 里奇!喝这个

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!