Look, Ed, what’s all this about?
艾德 到底是怎么回事?
Have you been working at a garage?
你在车厂里工作?
Yes.
是的
Two or three afternoons a week.
一个星期干两三个下午
After school? Yes.
放学后? 是的
Why didn’t you let me know? Well 鈥?
你为什么不告诉我呢? 那…
I had to make some extra money somehow.
我得挣点外快
Are you laughing at me?
你在笑我?
[ Laughing Continues ] Oh, yes 鈥?Oh, Ed!
噢 是的–噢 艾德
Ed, I’m so small-minded.
艾德 我真小气
I 鈥?I thought…
我…我以为
you were having a big romance.
你有外过
You did? Yes, I did.
真的? 是的 真的
[ Ed Laughing ] Oh, it isn’t funny!
噢 一点都不好笑!
Oh, Ed, you’re a wonderful, handsome man.
噢 艾德 你真是个好男人
I like the idea ofyou being jealous.
我喜欢你嫉妒的样子
[ Door Opens ] Morning, Ed.
早上好 艾德
Morning. Morning.
早 早
Well, what’s the verdict?
诊断结果呢?
We don’t have any secrets. Not now.
我们没有秘密 现在没有秘密了
So whatever you have to say 鈥?
无论你要说什么都行
Well, the laboratory findings confirm Dr. Norton’s original diagnosis.
化验室证实了诺顿医生最初的诊断
There’s a definite increase in the eosinophils.
你的嗜酸性细胞在增多
Periarteritis nodosa, an extremely rare inflammation ofthe arteries.
结节性动脉周围炎 很罕见的一种动脉炎症
You’re the first case I’ve had. Dr. Ruric has treated 1 0 or 1 2.
你是我头一个碰到的患者 鲁瑞克医生治过10到12个患者
Well?
那怎么样?
The prognosis is poor.
病情预测不乐观
How poor?
有多糟?
The great majority of cases have proved fatal within a year after the first attack.
大部分患者在首次病发后 熬不过一年
However, during the past year we have had some success with a new drug…
不过 在过去几年里 我们在一种新药上取得一些进展
but we are still experimenting with it.
但现在仍是实验阶段
A miracle drug? Some people think it is.
特效药? 有人觉得是
Well, why don’t we find out for sure?
那我们为什么不试试看?
Is that what you want me to say?
你是希望我这样说吧?
It’s called cortisone.
那是皮质酮
It’s a hormone.
是种激素
I’m sorry to have been so outspoken, Lou, but…
恕我直言 露 但是
ifyou’ll think ofthe number of advances in the past few years…
如果你想想之前那几年 在某些病上取得的进展…
such as in the treatment of mastoiditis, typhoid and pneumonia…
比如乳般突起炎 伤寒症和肺炎
you have every reason to feel hopeful.
你就会有信心
Ah, just the lady I was looking for.
啊 我就是要找这位女士
A couple of forms here they’d like you to sign, Lou. Do you mind doing it now?
他们想让你在这几张表格上签名 能现在签了吗?
May I come back?
我呆会能回来吗?
[ Dr. Norton ] Yes, of course, in a little while.
噢 当然 只是一会儿
I’ll be right here, darling.
亲爱的 我马上回来
Right here.
马上
You think they’re home already? No, or the car’d be out in front.
你想他们已经回家了吗? 不 不然车子会停在前院
[ Knob Rattling ] What, is this door locked?
怎么 门上锁了?
No, you just gotta know how.
不 你知道要怎么做的
Oh.

Now, don’t let me forget these steaks, Richie.
我可不会忘记了这些牛排 里奇
Hand me the yogurt, the black strap molasses and the brewer’s yeast.
把酸奶 黑糖浆和啤酒酵母递给我
Miracle drugs or no miracle drugs, we’re gonna have to build your father up.
不管有没有特效药 我们都要让你♥爸♥爸好起来
I want you to learn how to fix this and you make him drink it every morning.
我想让你学学怎么弄这些 每天早上你得让他喝点
That a boy. Now 鈥?
真乖 现在…
See, you take a half a jar ofyogurt 鈥?
看 拿半瓶酸奶…
Got it?
明白了吗?
Now you get a tablespoon full of molasses 鈥? black strap molasses.
一茶匙的黑糖浆
Mom! Dad! Hey, hey.
妈妈!爸爸! 嘿 嘿
Where’s Dad?
爸爸在哪?
They wanted to keep him one more night just to be sure. Hi, Wally!
他们想让他多留一晚 以防万一 你好 沃利!
Hi. The pains didn’t start again, did they? Oh, no, no. He feels just wonderful.
没有再疼了 是吗? 噢 没了 他现在很好
How much longer are they gonna keep him? Just tonight. We’ll go get him in the morning.
他们打算要他呆多久? 只是今晚 明早就能出院
What’s going on in the kitchen? They say when he can go back to work?
在干嘛? 他们说了他何时可以上班吗?
[ Whirring Continues ] Ed says he wants to go tomorrow.
艾德说他明天就想去
Well, he oughta wait a couple of days. I think so too.
他应该再等几天 我也是这样想
Who are all these steaks for?
这些牛排是谁的?
Oh, they’re mine.
噢 都是我的
Steaks every night?
每晚吃牛排?
Well, a gym teacher has to keep in shape, you know. Here, try this.
体育老师得保持体形 来 试试
What is it? That’s tiger’s milk.
这是什么? “老虎的牛奶”(营养饮品)
Go on, try it. It’ll really put hair on your chest.
来 试试 喝了就会充满男人味
[ Ed ] What a day!
天气真好!
I think we’ve worked out your proper cortisone dosage, Ed.
我们已经确定了你服皮质酮的剂量 艾德
From now on you’ll continue in tablet form, one every six hours.
现在起你得按时服药 每六个小时一次
Is that right, Doctor? That’s right.
对吗 医生? 是的
This is the greatest thing that’s come our way since penicillin.
这是自青霉素发明以来最棒的东西
I want you back in the office a week from today for a checkup.
从今天算起一周后来复诊
In the meantime, ifyou should notice any adverse symptoms 鈥?
同时 如果你觉得有什么不适…
Doctor, a man as broke as I am can’t afford any more symptoms.
医生 像我这样的破身体 经不起任何的症状
Once in a while cortisone gets a little tricky. It certainly does.
皮质胴的作用说不准 那当然
That’s why even the slightest period of depression is important for us to know about.
所以就算有轻微的抑郁 也要告诉我们 切记
Why should I be depressed?
我为什么会感到抑郁?
A week ago it looked as though I’d have maybe four or five months to live.
一个星期前 我可能只能活四五个月
This morning I go back to work.
今天早上我就能上班了
Your family’s waiting for you downstairs. Oh, fine, fine.
你家人在楼下等着你 噢 好的 好的
How long will I have to take these?
这些我要服多久?
I’m afraid indefinitely.
恐怕还不确定
Oh. I see.
噢 明白
Anything else?
还有什么吗?
No. You’re all packed?
没了 你都收拾好了
I’ve been ready for hours. Do you want these crossword puzzles?
我早就准备好了 你还要这些填字谜游戏吗?
I’ve finished them all. They make them too easy these days.
我已经填完了 这些日子多亏它们我才没那么闷
I’d better be going.
我得走了
Thanks very much. Not at all, Ed.
非常感谢 别客气
More than I can really say.
我真不知道该说什么
Good-bye, Nurse.
护士 再见
Ed, you forgot your pills. Oh.
艾德 你忘记拿药了 噢
Now remember, one every six hours. No more, no less.
记着 每六小时一次 一定要按时
I’ll see you a week from today. Right.
一周后见 是的
Well, here we are again 鈥? male schoolmarm.
好了 我们又回来了 –老师
Well, I’m funny that way 鈥?always proud to say I’m a schoolteacher’s wife.
我真好笑 –老是很自豪的说自己是教师之妻
I tell you…
告诉你…
when I came down into the hospital lobby and saw you and Richie again…
我来到医院大堂 再看到你和里奇
I felt 1 0 feet tall.
我觉得自己又成了个巨人
You’ve always been 1 0 feet tall to me.
你对我来说一直是个巨人
Now, in your own words…
用你自己的话说
why did Cassius refer to Julius Caesar as a “colossus”?
为什么凯修斯称朱利尤斯 恺撒 为“巨人”
Will you take over Miss Wade’s class? She hasn’t come in yet.
你可以代一下维特小姐的课吗? 她还没到
[ Sighs ] Certainly.
当然
Joe, will you take charge of the class while I’m gone, please?
乔伊 我不在的时候你管好班里 行吗?
Yes, sir!
是的 老师!
Hey, Squirrel, in your own words…
斯各尔 用你自己的话说
why did Cassius refer to Julius Caesar as a “colossus”?
为什么凯修斯称朱利尤斯 恺撒 为“巨人”
You holding up all right? Fine.
一切都好吧? 很好
Time to take one. They seem to be doing the trick.
要吃药了 好像起作用了
We can arrange for a substitute for a couple of days, ifyou need it.
如果你需要的话 我们可以找人帮你代几天课
I wouldn’t think of it.
我不想这样
Okay, settle down, all ofyou. Into your seats.
好了 大家安静 坐下
Is he running on schedule?
它准时吗?
Nope. Ten minutes late.
不 晚了10分钟
Better wash up, get ready for reading. Yes, sir.
最好去洗下手 准备好念书 是的 老师
You like dogs? It’s a cow.
你喜欢狗? 这是头牛
A cow with five legs? It can stand better.
有五条腿的牛? 那它可以站稳一点
Time to wash up.
去洗手吧
Say, that’s a fine, uh… thunderstorm?
这不错 呃…雷雨?
This is a man. He’s just mad at his mother.
是个男人 他刚朝妈妈发火了
Oh, thanks, Ed, for taking over for me.
噢 艾德 谢谢你帮我代课
My car broke down just 1 0 minutes outside oftown.
还差10分钟到镇上 我的车子就坏了
Should have known better than to take it.
我应该检查车子的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!