What did you say? So are we.
你说什么? 我们也是
You are, I am.
你是 我是
Let’s face it 鈥?we’re dull.
认了吧–我们都是闷蛋
Have you found somebody who isn’t?
你看到有谁不是吗?
What do you mean by that?
你什么意思?
There was no board meeting.
没有董事会
Where were you?
你在哪?
I told you. What did you think I was doing?
告诉过你的 你以为我♥干♥什么去了?
You can’t expect me to figure that out. I’m supposed to be dull. Remember?
别指望我能猜出来 你说我是个闷蛋 记得不?
I said we all are.
我说我们都是
Tell me one thing that was said or done by anyone here tonight…
今天晚上在这的人 说过一件…
that was funny, startling, imaginative 鈥?
有趣 令人吃惊或有新奇的事吗?
[ Crash ] Ed?
艾德?
[ Lou ] Ed?
艾德?
Oh, Ed.
噢 艾德
Oh, Richie, Richie, get Dr. Norton on the phone.
噢 里奇 里奇 快打电♥话♥给诺顿医生
What’s his phone number? Oh, it’s 鈥?
他的电♥话♥号♥码多少? 噢 是…
It’s in the book right next to the phone.
就在电♥话♥旁边的本子里
Hurry, darling.
快点 亲爱的
And call Uncle Wally too.
我也打电♥话♥给沃利叔叔
[ Sobbing ] Oh, Ed. Oh, Ed.
噢 艾德 噢 艾德
You should’ve told me about this before, Ed.
艾德 你早应该告诉我
I thought I was just overly tired.
我以为自己只是疲劳过度
It isn’t as ifthe pain was always in the same place.
如果总是一个地方疼 就不是
It’s the first time I’ve blacked out.
这是我第一次晕过去
And it’s been going on for six months.
这应该已经有六个月了吧
More or less.
也许更长时间了
You wanna go with me? No, Doctor, I’ll take him in our car.
你要跟我来吗? 不 医生 我开车送他去
All right. I’ll go on ahead. Okay.
好的 我先走 好
I’ll see you there later.
等会在那见
Did he tell you anything I should know?
他有告诉你一些我该知道的事吗?
He doesn’t know anything yet.
他还不知道
Well, it can’t be very serious then. No.
那肯定不严重 是的
Excuse me.
对不起
Good night, Doctor. Good night, Doctor.
晚安 医生 晚安 医生
Good night. Good night, Richie.
晚安 晚安 里奇
Let’s see if I’ve forgotten anything.
看看我有没有忘记什么
Your toothbrush, your pajamas 鈥? Oh, your slippers!
你的牙刷 睡衣… 噢 还有拖鞋!
I’ll get them.
我去拿
If a teacher has to be sick, he owes it to himself to be sick on school days and not on vacations.
如果一个老师要生病的话 那应该是在 上班的日子 而不是假期生病
Thanks for coming over, Wally. Here, let me take that.
谢谢你过来 沃利 来 我来拿
Since you’re promoting yourselfto breakfast in bed for a week, you might as well go in style.
既然你得呆在床上一个星期 那你死也要有型
[ Door Opens, Closes ] Let’s come in here for a minute.
进来一会儿
You know, Richie, you’re gonna be head man around here while I’m gone.
里奇 我不在的时候 你是这的男子汉了
I want you to take good care ofyour mother.
你要照顾好妈妈
I’ll look out for her. Don’t you worry.
我会看好她的 别担心
That’s a boy.
真乖
Look at this thing. It’s like a stewed prune.
看看这个 像是烩西梅
Get the bike pump. Coming up.
把打气筒拿来 来了
I brung the needle valve.
我带了针阀
Well, sit down, hold the ball and I’ll “brung” some air into it.
好 坐下 拿住球 我打气
Okay, brought.
好了
Boy, I wish I would have been there when you won that game.
伙计 真希望你赢球时我在场
Third-string sub to hero in 20 seconds.
我是四分卫的替补球员 上场20秒
Real last-minute stuff.
最后一分钟
You shouldn’t kid about it, Dad. You won the game for ’em.
爸爸 你不该开这个玩笑 你帮他们赢了球赛
Sure was the high school hero that day.
是当时高中里的英雄
Here. It’s yours.
来 这是你的了
For me to keep in my room?
我能放在房♥里吗?
No, outdoors. Kick it around with the other kids.
不 和别的孩子一起踢
Maybe they’ll make you captain.
也许他们会让你做队长
Mom, Dad just gave me his football! I’m gonna tell Uncle Wally!
妈妈 爸爸把他的足球给我了 我要告诉沃利叔叔
Don’t look so grim.
别这么伤心
[ Chuckles ] I’m sorry.
对不起
I think I’m just very tired. You know?
我只是很累 知道吗?
Well, a few days rest won’t hurt.
休息几天没什么不好的
No, they… won’t.
不 他们…不会
[ Doorbell Buzzing ] Ed!
艾德!
I’m all right now.
我现在没事了
I’d better get going. I’ll get my coat.
我得走了 我去拿大衣
Let Wally take me. No!
让沃利送我吧 不!
I don’t want Richie seeing me in one ofthese spells or whatever they are.
我不想让里奇看到 我在那些病房♥里
Do this my way.
听我的
Please.
求你了
All right.
好吧
Oh, his slippers. Ed!
噢 他的拖鞋 艾德!
All right, Nurse.
好了 护士
Ready, Doctor. Lights, please.
准备好了 医生 开灯 谢谢
When I turn the lights out drink this, please, one swallow at a time.
我关灯时 请喝了这个 一次一口
What is it? Barium.
这是什么? 钡
[ Doctor ] Don’t swallow until I tell you to, please.
我叫你才吞
[ Nurse ] Ready, Doctor? Mmhmm.
医生 准备好了? 嗯
Swallow, please.
吞
How’s the view down there? [ Doctor ] Mmhmm.
看到什么了? 嗯嗯
Hello, Doctor. Have you two been introduced?
医生 你们认识过了吗?
I’ve taken all specimens, blood counts, tests, with the exception ofthe Brom sulphalien.
我拿了所有的样本 血浆去做测试 除了溴化物
Oh, I’d say that constitutes an introduction. How’d you sleep?
噢 那可真是认识了 你睡得怎么样?
Once in a while. Hello, Dr. Ruric.
偶尔 你好 鲁瑞克医生
Doctor, I can’t afford this private room. I’m a schoolteacher, not a plumber.
医生 我付不起单人房♥的房♥租 我只是个老师 不是有钱人
I know, and ifthis takes longer than I expected 鈥?
我知道 如果这比我预计的要久…
Longer?
时间久?
Well, at this point your symptoms could mean anything from arthritis to trichinosis.
从你的症状看来 可能不是关节炎 而是旋毛虫症
That’s why I’ve called in a specialist for a consultation.
所以我才叫了专家来会诊
This is Dr. Ruric ofthe college of medicine.
这是医学院的鲁瑞克医生
He’s particularly interested in your symptoms.
他对你的症状很感兴趣
Mr. Avery. Glad to know you.
艾弗里先生 很高兴认识你
Have you prepared for examination? Yes, Doctor.
你准备好做检查了吗? 是的 医生
Another? Relax.
另一个? 放松
We’ll really put you through the mill tomorrow.
明天我们才会真的把你放到仪器里
Leucocytosis and indication ofvascular spasm.
白细胞增多 血管痉挛
Hmm.
嗯
Biopsy? Yeah.
活组织检查? 是的
Ed, put your finger on one ofthe spots where the pain occurs.
艾德 把手指放在疼的部位
No, we don’t want to open you up. How about an arm or a leg?
不 我们可不想你光着身子 手臂或者腿就行
[ Ed ] This one here is a beaut.
这真够漂亮的
Branch ofthe popliteal artery.
动脉分支
Take a section ofthe gastrocnemius? Mmm.
拿点腓肠肌的样本 嗯
Yeah.
是的
Easy, Ed. We just want to take a sample ofyour calf muscle.
放松 艾德 我们只是想从你的 腓肠肌采点样本
We’ll wash up.
先洗干净手
Turn over, please.
请转过去
One more little piece of surgery, Ed. It’s called a sternal puncture.
还有一个小手术 艾德 胸骨穿刺
Here we go again.
又来了
No, no! Sternum means breastbone.
不 不! “胸骨”是指胸前的骨头
Oh, sorry. I did four years in the navy.
噢 对不起 我在海军里呆了四年
Can I see Mr. Avery now? Yes. Room 61 .
我现在能见艾弗里先生吗? 他在61号♥房♥
Will you tell Ed I’ll be right in? Yes, Doctor.
能告诉艾德我很快就过来吗? 是的 医生
[ Lou ] Excuse me. [ Man ] Excuse me.
对不起 对不起
Hiya, Voice. Hi.
你好啊 接綫员 你好
I had a fare right to the desk, so I’m lookin’ in. How are ya?
我刚载了一乘客到这边 所以过来看看 你好吗?
I’m fine.
我很好
Sam, I’d like you to meet my wife. How do you do?
森姆 这是我妻子 你好吗?
How do you do? They all miss ya down at the garage.
你好吗? 车厂里的人都很想你
[ Ed ] Tell them hello.
帮我们向他们问好
You’re lookin’ pretty good. [ Chuckles ]
你气色不错
Who was that? He’s a man I know.
那是谁? 一个认识的人
He’s a cabdriver. Oh, I’d never have known.
他是个出租车司机 噢 我都不知道
What do you have to do with the garage? What do I have to do?
你和那车厂有什么关系? 会有什么关系?
Well, it’s just a bunch of fellows I know.
只是认识他们而已
Well, he said they missed you. Guess they do.
他说他们想你 我想也是