是你在警♥察♥局里 把它塞进我口袋的,是不是?
You planted this in my coat back at the station, didn’t you?
不,我没干 对天发誓我没干
No, I didn’t. I swear to God I didn’t.
这不是我的
Thls Isn’t mlne.
他在骗人,他在骗人!
He is lying. He is lying!
喝一口
Take a drink.
噢
Oh.
喝一口,乔茜
Take a slp, Josle.
好了
There.
你们…
Are you ha…
乔茜?哦,天哪
Josle? Oh, my God.
天哪,乔茜,乔茜!
Oh, God. Josle, Joslel
乔茜,快吐出来!
Josle, come on, splt It out I
你们可真好骗!
You are so pathetic!
这有什么好笑的!
That was not funny! Get off.
你们两个白♥痴♥! 我说过他是在耍我们!
You dumb shits! I told you he was trying to mess with us!
我♥操♥!我♥操♥!
Fuck! Fuck!
我的天!
Jesus!
我想那该是山姆大叔的
I think that belongs to U ncle Sam.
等一下,我们是自己人,切斯特
Hold on. We’re on the same side here, Ohester.
我也是特工
I’m an agent, too.
你什么时候从我这儿偷的?
When the hell did you take that off me?
在警♥察♥局的时候
Back at the station.
听我说,是这么回事,加斯
Listen. Here’s the thing, Gus.
我有个朋友,是第一流的特工
There’s a friend of mine, an agent, one of the best.
这么多年,他都在干着保护公民的差事
He’s been protecting the innocent for a long time now.
可是呢
And, well,
他辛辛苦苦保护的人都是些不懂得 感恩的白♥痴♥
he’s gotten fed up with working his ass off
老是被这种人叫“胖子” 他觉得受够了
for ungrateful morons who call him “fatty.”
如果他干得好 会有人拍着他的背称赞他
The pat on the back If thlngs go rlght,
如果他干砸了 会有星条旗盖在他的棺材上
or the stars and stripes on his coffin if they don’t
可是这一切都不能让他感到好受
just doesn’t cut it anymore.
我这里有两百万
I have two million here.
相信我,没有人会来认领这笔钱
Believe me when I say no one will ever claim it.
跟你朋友说,一百万归他,一百万归我
Tell your friend there’s a million for him and a million for me.
两百万给他,一颗花生米给你 你看怎样?
What about two million for him and nuts for you?
算了吧,切斯特,我们可是同伴
Oh, come on, Ohetty. We’re partners here.
你侮辱了我,加斯
You insult me, Gus.
你甚至不是真正的罪犯
You’re not even a real criminal.
你只是个下三滥的小骗子
You’re just a small-time crook
在拒捕时胸口中了两枪
who got shot twice in the chest resisting arrest.
听我说,我有个女儿,泰伊丝
Listen, I have a daughter, Thais.
泰伊丝?
Thais?
在希腊语里是“挚爱”的意思
That’s Greek for “beloved.”
你打死我了!
You shot me!
这是你说的第一句真话
That’s the first true thing you’ve said yet.
什么事耽误你这么久?
What took you so long?
妈妈?
Mommy?
没事,宝贝
It’s all right, sweetheart.
接着睡吧
Go back to sleep.
求求你
Please.
你知道我不能吃这么多糖
You know I can’t eat this much sugar.
你不该这么做
You shouldn’t do thls.
你也不该杀加斯吧?
Like you shouldn’t have killed Gus?
接着吃
Keep eatlng.
加斯是个阴险小人
Gus was a backstabber.
他告诉我他打算杀了你们
He told me he was gonna kill you,
然后拿了钱逃掉
and make off wlth the money.
所以我才杀了他
That’s why I kllled hlm.
我救了你们的命 我说的是实话
I saved your life. I’m telling you the truth.
89.9%的美国政♥府♥特工
Eighty nine point nine percent of all U S Government Agents
能够骗过测谎机
can beat a lie detector.
求求你,这么做不对,查理
Please. This isn’t right, Oharlie.
你知道这么做不对
You know thls Isn’t rlght.
你老婆是执法人员
Your wife is an officer of the law.
闭嘴,他妈的闭嘴!
Shut up. Shut the fuck up!
哦,天哪
U h, oh, God.
我不想死
I don’t wanna dle.
我不想死…
I don’t wanna die…
求求你
Please.
上帝啊,我们真的干了
God, we really did it, huh?
什么?
What?
我们真的成了魔鬼
We really turned into monsters.
哦,查理
Oh, Oharlie.
好了
Oh, come on.
我要说这是值得的
I’d say it was worth it.
咱们把尸体塞到车里去
Let’s get the body in the car.
加上这点分量,就能沉下去了
It’s heavy enough to sink now.
不,等一下
No, wait.
车上还少一个乘客
There’s still one passenger missing.
你说过,想把这一切都当成没有发生
You said you wanted to pretend none of this ever happened.
喝一口这个
One sip at this,
你就能跟所有烦恼说再见了
you can kiss all your worries goodbye.
怀俄明寡妇?
The Wyoming Widow?
对
Yeah.
可我看见你喝了
But I saw you drink it.
我的两个宝贝酒瓶从不离身!
Never far from my trusty flasks!
聪明
Brilliant.
我可是怀俄明州少女选美冠军呢
After all I was M iss Teen Wyoming.
现在很明显,我不能放你走
Now, obviously I can’t let you go
谁知道你会不会告发我
and risk having you report me.
再说,他妈的!
And fuck!
两百万可比一百万强多了
Two million does sound a heck of a lot nicer than one million.
你说得对,佩妮
You were right, Penny.
什么?
What’s that?
佩内洛普总是说: “金钱不会让你富有”
Penelope always said, “Money won’t make you rich.”
我就是不肯相信她
I just, I just didn’t believe her.
你现在可真♥象♥个体面人了,查理
You do seem like a genuinely decent guy, Oharlie.
这么做我真的很抱歉
I’m real sorry I gotta do this.
你别无选择,对吗?
You don’t have a choice, do you?
我别无选择,不过你可以选
No, I don’t. But you do.
你是要我开枪打死你呢?
You want me to shoot you,
还是要喝这瓶威士忌?
or you wanna go for the whiskey?
海姆斯说你用的是什么?
What did Hymes said you used?
高浓度铊,比氢化物快得多
Ooncentrated thallium. M uch quicker than cyanide.
查理,有遗言吗?
Any last words, Oharlie?
别把钱都用在一个地方
Don’t spend it all in one place.
什么?
What?
什么?
What?
什么? 什么?
What? What?
不!
No!
不!不!
No! No!
什么?我♥操♥!
What? Fuck off! You fuck!
查理、佩内洛普和艾米莉
Charlle, Penelope, and Emlly
现在不能接电♥话♥ 请给我们留言
can’t come to the phone rlght now. Please, leave us a message.
这是给查理·伍德的留言
Thls Is a message for Charlle Wood.
查理,我叫萨缪尔·科宁
Charlle, my name Is Samuel Koenlng.
我是巴斯托出版社西雅图分部的 高级副总裁
I’m Senlor VP of Barstow Publlshlng’s Dlvlslon here In Seattle.
我给你打电♥话♥是想谈谈 你寄给我们的那部书稿
Llsten, I’m calllng In regard to thls book you’ve sent us,
《锻炼更好的头脑,击败庞大的虚无》
Build a Better Brain and Beat the Big Nothing.
呵呵,在我看来这根本不用动脑
Seems to me llke It’s a no-bralner. Hal
说正经的吧,我们给你准备了一份合约
Serlously though, we have an offer for you,
你肯定会满意的
and we certalnly thlnk you’ll be happy wlth lt.
请你尽快抽空给我们回电
Call us back at your earllest convenlence.
嗨
H i.
嗨,你要去哪儿?
H i. Where are you headed?
离这里越远越好
As far away from here as possible.
我想我们能办到
I think that one we can do for you.
今天肯定是我的幸运日
This must be my lucky day.
我要去检查一些东西,很快就好
U h, let me just double check something real quick.
都搞定了
All set.