洞口越来越小 冰层也越来越厚
The hole has gotten smaller, the ice has gotten thicker.
这三头鲸鱼无处可去
The three whales have nowhere to go.
从这里到未结冰的海域有五英里
It’s five miles from here to open water.
它们不呼吸无法游到那里
And they can’t swim that far underwater without breathing.
绿色和平组织等环保组织
Groups like Greenpeace are
正在焦急地想办法拯救它们
scrambling to figure out how to save the whales,
但当地因纽特部落却另作他想
but the local lnupiat tribe is considering an alternative plan.
他们正等着把鲸鱼变成食物
Harvesting the whales for food.
洛杉矶 KABC电视台
还有 鲸鱼事件持续升温
Okay. One last thing. This whale story is heating up.
我需要派人去那里
I need to send someone.
你们还不赶快抢
Don’t everybody jump at once.
我来
I’ll go.
我从一位海洋生物学家那里了解过情况
I’ve spoken to a marine biologist about the situation
而且我已经
and I’ve already been in
联♥系♥上了巴罗市的市长办公室
contact with the mayor’s office in Barrow.
维斯 如果你想要就给你做
It’s yours if you want it, Wes.
这就是个芝麻大的报道
Oh, it’s a cat-in-a-tree.
我还是留在这 做些真正重要的报道吧
I think I’ll stick around here and do the stories that matter.
是吗 什么报道才重要 维斯
Really, and what is it that makes a story matter, Wes?
凡是我报道的都重要
What makes a story matter is that I cover it.
不过 如果那些鲸鱼兽♥性♥大发
Now, if those whales go on a killing spree,
或者准备竞选 记得告诉我
or run for office, give me a call.
破冰船已经到位
We’ve secured the hover barge
现在只需要国民警卫队的配合
and now all we need is the cooperation of the National Guard.
但这需要州长的指令 迄今为止
But that has to come down from the governor, and so far,
州长依然拒绝我们的请求
the governor has basically turned his back on the whales.
下个问题
Next question.
我恨死她了
I hate her so much.
我们会竭尽所能 帮助那些可怜的动物
And we will do everything we can to help these poor creatures.
没错
Yeah.
九 十
Nine. Ten.
阿♥拉♥斯加州 鹰河
十一
Eleven.
你能行 坚持住 博耶
You got it. Finish it, Boyer!
我是博耶上校
Colonel Boyer.
是 将军
Yes, General.
用来破冰的气垫驳船
Now, the ice-breaking hover barge
停在我普拉德霍湾的石油钻探点
is up in my Prudhoe Bay drilling complex.
你只需要给它穿上缆绳
So, all you have to do is hook a line to it,
用直升机拉着穿过这里的冰层
take your chopper and pull it across the ice here,
一路到巴罗市
all the way up to Barrow.
直线距离二百七十英里
It’s 270 miles as a crow flies.
没错
Right.
这些鲸鱼对人有威胁吗
Are these whales posing a threat to anyone?
多少人要冒险做这事
How many lives are in danger?
没有 只有鲸鱼有危险
None. Just the whales.
那它们是逆戟鲸吗 长官
Are they at least killer whales, sir?
别大惊小怪 斯考特
Relax, Scotty.
对我们来说这纯粹是个公♥关♥事件
This is purely a PR thing on our end.
对 是的 差不多
Right, yeah. More like that.
跟我来一下
Come on back here for a sec.
拖过去最多会花用两天
The pull will take two days, max.
在巴罗市用一天破冰
Maybe another day in Barrow, breaking the ice.
你们周末前就能到家
You’ll be home before the weekend.
这次是谁发号♥的指令 将军
So, who am I taking my orders from then, General?
我们都在一条船上 斯考特
We’re all in this together, Scotty.
听着 上校 要是我说了算
Yeah. Look, Colonel, hell, if it was up to me,
我会扔个炸♥弹♥把冰破了
I’d drop a bunch of bombs to break up the ice.
但专家说
But the experts say that would
那会殃及海里那些畜生
kill pretty much every other critter up there.
所以只能用破冰船
So, it’s the hover barge.
好消息是 拖过去很容易
The good news is that the pull should be a piece of cake.
恕我冒昧 麦格劳先生
With all due respect, Mr. McGraw,
北极圈内什么都不容易
nothing is that simple in the Arctic.
所以你才要给那些高中都没毕业的人
That’s why you’re paying high-school dropouts
一年二十万 让他们帮你在那里钻石油
$200,000 a year to work your rigs up there.
上校 这位先生说可行 就可行
Colonel, if J.W. Says it’s doable, it’s doable.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
很好
Good.
简直是疯了
This is insane.
你好 帕特
Hey, Pat.
好啊 瑞秋
Hi, Rachel.
好啊 亚当
Hi, Adam.
我给你带了点东西
I brought you something.
是生日礼物
It’s a birthday present,
我还没来及给你 你就把我甩了
but you dumped me before I had the chance to give it to you.
别听她胡说 谢谢你
Well, that’s not really what happened, but thank you.
是浴袍
It’s a robe.
真是个惊喜
Surprise!
我想你在这需要点什么来保暖
I figured you could use something up here to keep you warm.
当然
Absolutely.
谢谢你 真的很贴心 谢了
No. Thank you, this is really sweet of you. Thanks.
你有什么计划
So, what’s your plan?
阻止因纽特人
Stop the lnupiats.
利用媒体告诉大家他们有多残忍♥
Use the media to show the world what heartless hunters they are.
-亚当 -怎么了
– Adam? – What?
你在听吗
Are you even listening to me?
当然 我当然在听
Yes. Yes, I definitely am.
因纽特人是很友善的
You know, the lnupiats are very good people.
他们是凶手 亚当
They’re killers, Adam.
而我是唯一能够
And I’m the only thing
阻止他们猎杀鲸鱼的人
standing between those whales and their harpoons.
一旦我成功了
But when I’m done,
媒体绝对轻饶不了他们
the press is gonna want to hang them from the rafters.
那 生日快乐
So, happy birthday.
一个晚上五百块
Five hundred a night?
-是的 -就这种破地方
– Yep. – For this?
是的
Yes.
我等会儿再和你说
Okay, I’ll be with you in one minute.
那请问还有其他旅馆吗
Excuse me, are there any other hotels?
没有 过了这村没这店了
Nope. Take it or leave it
抱歉 不收信♥用♥卡♥ 请用现金
Sorry, no credit cards. Cash only.
好吧 下一位
Okay, can I help whoever is next?
这里 我有现金
Right here. I have cash.
飞机是1970年造的
This machine was built in 1970.
阿♥拉♥斯加州 普拉德霍湾
第二年就破了纪录
The next year it enters the record books,
六分钟内 直线上升三万六千英尺
making an ascent straight up to 36,000 feet in under six minutes.
比雄猫F-14战斗机还快
That’s a faster climb rate than an F-14 Tomcat.
所以我的宝贝飞机们
So, my old girl here and her sister
要拖着一艘七万五千磅的破冰船
will be pulling 75,000 pounds of hover barge
从这里一直到
from here all the way to
那三头鲸鱼被困住的地方
those three whales stuck off Point Barrow.
气垫驳船长宽约为40×60英尺
Now, the hover barge is 40 by 60 feet.
它们配有喷气燃料涡轮
We have jet-fueled turbines.
这些巨大的引擎能在这产生气室
These massive engines create a cushion of air right here,
在驳船正下方
underneath the barge.
这使得气垫驳船
And this causes the hover barge
抬离地面四英尺
to liftoff the ground four feet,
我们可以轻松移♥动♥它 把一路上的冰碾碎
enabling us to move at will, pulverizing any ice in our path.
要多长时间
How long do you…
抱歉 如果不介意 我们
I’m sorry, we’re going
得立刻回去工作了
to get back to work now, if you don’t mind.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you. Thank you, sir.
谢谢你 上校
Thanks, Colonel. Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
如果时间倒♥退♥一万年 我们的祖先
If you went back 10,000 years, our ancestors would be
会在这里 像这样
mending their umiak frame
修补木架皮筏
right here, just like this.
你知道现在有摩托艇了吗 爷爷
You know they have motor boats now, right, Grandpa?
天哪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!