Calm down. Calm down, everybody. Calm down. That’s enough.
镇长先生 他吃光了麦田
Mr. Mayor, he ate an entire corn field.
他吃了我的狗
He ate my dog.
市长 如果你不阻止他 我们会的
If you ain’t gonna stop him, mayor, we will.
我不会让这个小镇发生群众暴♥动♥
I won’t have mob violence in this town.
有人试着跟他谈过吗
Now, has someone tried talking to him?
-你没法和他说理 -他是个怪物
– You can’t reason with him. – He’s a monster.
我可以去
I’ll do it.
我会跟他谈 看看能不能让他离开
I’ll talk to him. See if I can get him to move on.
孩子 那怪物轻而易举就能压扁你
Son, that creature could crush you without trying.
相信我 没那么容易
Oh, trust me, he’ll have to try.
有人吗
Hello?
我叫爱德华·布鲁姆 我想和你谈谈
My name is Edward Bloom, and I wanna talk to you!
滚开
Go away!
你不出来我是不会走的
Now, I’m not going anywhere until you show yourself!
我说了 滚开
I said, go away!
因为提前预知了我的死亡
Armed with the foreknowledge of my own death…
我知道这巨人杀不死我
I knew the giant couldn’t kill me.
不过 我也不希望骨头都被捏碎
All the same, I preferred to keep my bones unbroken.
你来这里做什么
Why are you here?
让你吃了我
So you can eat me.
小镇决定献祭一个人 我就自告奋勇了
The town decided to send a human sacrifice and I volunteered.
我的胳膊是没多少肉
My arms are a little stringy,
但是我的腿还是可以啃的
but there’s some good eating in my legs.
我自己都想啃啃看
I mean, I’d be tempted to eat them myself.
那么我想
So I guess, well…
如果你能下手快点就好了
if you’d just get it over with quick,
因为我不太能吃痛
because I’m not much for pain, really.
别这样 我可不能回去 我是献祭品
Oh, come on! I can’t go back! I’m a human sacrifice!
如果我回去 他们会以为我是个懦夫
If I go back, they’ll think I’m a coward.
我宁愿被当做晚餐 也不要当个懦夫
I’d rather be dinner than a coward.
给
Here.
你可以先吃我的手 就当是开胃菜吧
You can start with my hand. It’ll be an appetizer.
我才不想吃你
I don’t want to eat you.
我不想吃任何人
I don’t want to eat anybody.
我就是太饿了 我太大了
I just get so hungry. I’m just too big.
你有没有想过 或许不是你太大
Did you ever think that maybe you’re not too big…
而是这个镇子太小了
but maybe this town is just too small?
我可听说真正的大城市里有很多高楼
I’ve heard in real cities there are buildings so tall…
你都看不见楼顶的
you can’t even see the tops of them.
-真的吗 -我不会骗你的
– Really? – Oh, I wouldn’t lie to you.
还有随便吃的自助餐
And all-you-can-eat buffets.
-你很能吃 对吧 -没错
– Now, you can eat a lot, can’t you? – I can.
那你何必在一个小镇里浪费时间
So why are you wasting your time in a small town?
你是个大人 你应该去大城市
You’re a big man. You should be in a big city.
你就是想哄我离开 对吧
You’re just trying to get me to leave, aren’t you?
你叫什么名字 巨人
What’s your name, giant?
卡尔
Karl.
我叫爱德华
Well, mine’s Edward.
说实话
And truthfully…
我是想你离开 卡尔 但我想跟你一起离开
Well, I do want you to leave, Karl. But I want to leave with you.
你觉得这小镇对你来说太小吗
I mean, you think this town is too small for you?
对我的远大理想来说一样太小了
Well, it’s too small for a man of my ambition.
怎么说 跟我一起走吗
So, what do you say? Join me?
好吧
Okay.
太好了
Okay.
首先 我们要帮你做好去大城市的准备
Now, first, we gotta get you ready for the city.
爱德华·布鲁姆 艾希顿之子
Edward Bloom, first son of Ashton..
你要走了我们心情都很沉重
It’s with a heavy heart that we see you go.
但是请带上这把打开城市大门的钥匙
But take with you this key to the city…
记住 无论你什么时候想要回来
And know that any time you want to come back…
这里的大门都会为你打开
all our doors are open to you.
那个下午 在我要离开艾希顿时
That afternoon as I Ieft Ashton,
似乎所有人都想提点建议
everyone seemed to have advice.
记得找个好姑娘
Find yourself a nice girl, now!
不要高傲 爱德华·布鲁姆
Watch your pride, Edward Bloom!
但只有一个人说的话我视若珍宝
But there was one person whose counsel I held above all others.
她说河中最大的鱼之所以能长到最大
She said that the biggest fish in the river…
是因为从没被抓到过
gets that way by never being caught.
-她说什么了 -我也不懂
– What’d she say? – Beats me.
艾希顿镇外有两条路
There were two roads out of Ashton:
一条铺好的新路和一条废旧的老路
a new one which was paved and an older one that wasn’t.
人们不再使用那条老路了
People didn’t use the old one anymore…
而它也逐渐有了闹鬼的名声
And it had developed a reputation for being haunted.
鉴于我没打算再回艾希顿…
WeII, since I had no intention of ever returning to Ashton…
禁止进入
小心有蛇
这次似乎非常适合
this seemed as good a time
进去看看老路上都有些什么
as any to find out what lay down that old one.
你知道有谁走过这条路吗
You know anyone who’s taken it?
那个诗人 诺瑟·温斯洛 他走过
That poet, Norther Winslow, did.
他当时要去法国巴黎
He was going to Paris, France.
他大概很喜欢那里
I guess he liked it.
之后再也没人听说过他的消息
No one ever heard from him again.
要不这样 你从另一条路走
I’ll tell you what. You go the other way.
我从这里穿过去 我们在另一头见
I’ll cut through here, and I’ll meet you on the far side.
你这是想逃走 对不对
You’re just trying to run away, aren’t you?
给
Here.
保险起见 你可以带走我的行李
Just to be sure, you can take my pack.
该死 你个混…
Why, you son of a–
目前这情形 一个理性的人
Now, there comes a point when a reasonable man…
警告 跳蛛
会吞下自己的骄傲
will swallow his pride
承认自己的确犯了一个严重的错误
and admit that he’s made a terrible mistake.
但说实话 我从来就不是个理性的人
The truth is, I was never a reasonable man.
我对主日学校的印象就是
And what I recall of Sunday school was that…
一件事越难
the more difficult something is,
最终的回报就会越丰厚
the more rewarding it is in the end.
蒙克顿杂物店
饲料 种子 农场用品 饵料
朋友 欢迎你
Friend! Welcome to you!
-你叫什么 -爱德华·布鲁姆
– What’s your name? – Edward Bloom.
-你的姓氏是”开花”的意思吗 -是的
– “Bloom” Like a flower? – Yes.
这里 我看见了 爱德华·布鲁姆
Oh, here! Here you are, right here. “Edward Bloom.”
你来早了
We weren’t expecting you yet.
-你们在等我吗 -暂时还没有
– You were expecting me? – Not yet.
你肯定是抄了近路
You must’ve taken a shortcut.
是啊 我差点死在近路上
Why, yes, I did. It almost killed me.
生活就是这样
Life will do that to you.
说实话 长点的路更好走
And truthfully, the long way is easier.
-但是也更长 -长很多
– But it’s longer. – Much longer.
不过你现在来了 这才是要紧的
And you’re here now, and that’s what matters.
这是什么地方
What is this place?
幽灵镇 阿♥拉♥巴马州最大的秘密
The town of Spectre. Best-kept secret in Alabama!
这上面说你是从艾希顿镇来的 对吧
Now, it says here you’re from Ashton, right?
上一个来自艾希顿镇的人还是诺瑟·温斯洛
Last person we had from Ashton was Norther Winslow.
那个诗人 他怎么了
The poet? Whatever happened to him?
他还在这里
He’s still here.
我请你喝一杯吧
Let me buy you a drink.
我会跟你好好说说
I’ll tell you all about it.
不如直接让他告诉你吧
Hell, I’ll have him tell you!
我得去跟别人碰头 我已经迟了
I have to meet somebody, and I’m already running late.
孩子 我跟你说了 你来早了
Now, son, I already told you. You’re early.
告诉我那不是你吃过的最美味的馅饼
Now, tell me if that isn’t the best pie you ever ate.
的确是
It truly is.
这里什么都更好吃 就连水都是甜的
Well, everything tastes better here. Even the water is sweet.
永远不会太热 太冷 太潮湿
Never gets too hot, too cold, too humid.
在晚上 微风拂过林间 你会觉得
At night, the wind goes through the trees where you’d swear…
就像有一支只为你演奏的交响乐团
There was a whole symphony out there playing just for you.
珍妮
Jenny!
快回来
Come back here!
珍妮
Jenny!
嘿 我还得穿鞋呢
Hey, I need those.