但是你属于你的家庭, 我属于这里,
But you belong with your family, and I belong here,
我们无能为力.
and there`s nothing we can do about it.
因为不管你怎么看它,
Because whichever way you look at it,
总会有人受伤.
somebody gets hurt.
一个, 两个, 或三个.
One, two, three.
-喔. -呜.
-Oh. -Oops.
喔!
Oh!
祝你生日快乐
Happy birthday to you
祝你生日快乐
Happy birthday to you
生日快乐, 亲爱的萨拉
Happy birthday, dear Sarah
祝你生日快乐.
Happy birthday to you.
谢谢.
Thank you.
谢谢, 宝贝.
Thank you, baby.
喔, 太好了.
Oh, that was lovely.
弹的很好, 蛋糕太棒了.
Lovely playing, lovely cake.
我弹琴
My playing
比他的蛋糕更好.
was lovelier than his cake.
妈妈.
Mom.
它们一样可爱.
They were both exactly as lovely as each other.
我想你们该吹蜡烛了
I think you better blow the candles out
不要等到蛋糕着火了.
before the cake catches fire.
等到 12 年才点一枝的时候,亲爱的.
Wait until they do you a candle for each decade, dear.
那你就知道你已经错过了.
Then you`ll know you`re past it.
不要忘记许愿.
Didn`t forget to make a wish.
收到.
Got it.
喔!
Oh!
妈妈, 什么时候我们才打开礼物啊?
Mom, when are we going to open the presents?
现在.
Now.
你们很多人都听说过她的工作
Many of you know her from her work
在艾丽厄特 郝瑟基金会
with the Elliott Hauser Foundation
为国际重视人♥权♥.
for the lnternational Promotion of Human Rights.
然而在近些年中,
In more recent years however,
她已经成为在白宫中的一个 积极游说者
she has become an active lobbyist at Whitehall
关于难民以及政♥治♥避难者的保护.
on issues of asylum and refugee protection.
女士们,先生们, 请以热烈的掌声
Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure
欢迎我们的发言人
to introduce our new spokesperson
英国联♥合♥国♥难民署,
for the UNHCR in the United Kingdom,
萨拉 包福特小姐.
Mrs. Sarah Bauford.
谢谢.
Thank you.
谢谢.
Thank you.
女士们,先生们,
Ladies and gentlemen,
今天,我站在讲台上感到很紧张.
I feel very nervous to be standing in front of you today.
同时,我感到十分光荣.
I also feel very honored.
特别是, 因为联♥合♥国♥难民署是
In particular, because UNHCR was the organization
最先由我的朋友艾丽厄特 郝瑟 介绍我加入的.
to which I was first introduced by my friend Elliott Hauser.
我知道我被任命为这个职位
I know that my being offered this post
会使他感到很高兴.
would have given him enormous pleasure.
今天世界上有 5 千万人口,
Over 50 million people
是难民和无家可归者.
are refugees or displaced persons in the world today.
因为思想的保守和缺乏资金,
And because of closed minds and funding shortfalls,
我们只能帮助总数一半的人口.
we are only able to reach half of those in need.
于是我们以来我们的伙伴,
So we rely on our partners,
援助组织的网络在危机中 打开了一条通道,
the network of aid groups blazing a trail across crises,
象萨尔瓦多, 安哥拉,
Iike El Salvador, Angola,
车♥臣♥, 斯里兰卡…
Chechnya, Sri Lanka…
那些 NGO 们,非政♥府♥组织从 OXFAM
those NGO`s, the non- governmental groups from OXFAM
到最小的机构
right down to the smallest outfits
由象艾丽厄特一样的人士运做, 还有…
run by people like Elliott and…
…我为那些他的后继者而祈祷–
…and I pray for those who survive him–
他们继承他的事业–
who continue his work–
在没有保障和安全的情况下–
without certainty or security–
无论在世界的任何一个地方.
wherever they may be in this world.
对不起.
Excuse me.
嘿.
Hey.
嘿.
Hey.
多谢你能来.
Thanks for coming.
听着, 我千里迢迢而来
Listen, I travel thousands of miles
来听我的小妹妹讲演,
to hear my sister give a speech,
我背疼,还在倒时差.
I got a backache and jet lag.
为什么出租车跑到公园里来?
What`s a taxi ride to the park?
对不起. 他们很生气吗?
Sorry. Are they angry?
不. 他们不关心, 萨拉.
No. They don`t care, Sarah.
我想他们觉的很有意思.
I think they actually kind of enjoyed it.
更多人说是“她是个木头“
“She`s nuts“ makes for much better conversation
比起 “讲的好.”
than “Nice speech.”
我收到了一封尼克的信,
I got a letter from Nick,
我想他遇到麻烦了
and I think he`s in trouble.
为什么? 他说了些什么?
Why? What did he say?
什么都没有, 真的. 只有一些小事.
Nothing, really. Just little things.
啊, 他在哪里?
Well, where is he?
他在在车♥臣♥.
He`s in Chechnya.
他在搞什么难民营地.
He`s running some sort of camp.
我不肯定.
I`m really not sure.
我需要找到他.
I need to find him.
那么, 你有关系.
So, you have contacts.
你可以找到他.
You can find out where he is.
那么, 请?
So, please?
萨拉, 甜心, 你知我知。
Sarah, sweetheart, you know as well as I do
车♥臣♥是一个很危险的地方.
that Chechnya is a very dangerous place.
是的, 我可以想象, 我肯定.
Yes, I can angle a story there, l`m sure.
如果我查出任何消息, 我会让你知道. 好吗?
If I find out anything, I will let you know. Okay?
好的.
Okay. Okay.
好的.
Okay.
谢谢.
Thank you.
也许从某一方面来说,我们都是难民,
Perhaps we are all refugees from something,
但是我看不出现在有什么好担心的;
but I see now there is nothing to fear;
我们信仰的事业, 我们珍惜的生活,
that the world we hold on to, the lives we cherish,
作为更伟大事业的一部分 –更伟大.
are a part of something greater –something more.
当我看着我的孩子们, 我想的很清楚–
When I look at my children, I see it so clearly–
那种希望–
that hope–
那种生命的机会–
that chance of life–
我知道这值得去争取.
and I know it`s worth fighting for.
“婚姻是一件美好的事情.
“The wedding was a splendid affair.
“每个人都参加–
“Everyone attended–
“矮人, 和森林里的动物们–
“the dwarves, and the animals of the forest–
“这里有欢乐的眼泪
“and there were tears of joy
“有幸福的歌♥声,
“and songs of happiness,
“王子和公主
“and the prince and the princess
从此以后幸福地生活在一起.”
Iived happily ever after.”
实际上后来怎么样, 妈妈?
How does it really end, Mummy?
你指什么?
What do you mean?
你认为幸福是什么, 宝贝?
What do you think happens, honey?
她醒来,看着王子,
She wakes up, looks at the prince,
喊着, “喔! 小子. 呀!“
and goes, “Eww! Boys. Yucky!“
你好.
Hello.
嗨, 亨利. 我是夏洛特. 萨拉在吗?
Hi, Henry. It`s Charlotte. Is Sarah there?
夏洛特, 嗨.
Charlotte, hi.
啊… 她正在楼上和孩子在一起.
Uh… well, she`s upstairs with the kids right now.
有什么事吗,我告诉她?
Can I take a message?
喔. 好. 啊… 那么告诉她…
Oh. Okay. Um… Then could you just, uh…
让她知道我等一下打给她, 好吗?
Just let her know that I will call her later, okay?
喔, 我能留个口信吗.
Well, I can take a message.
啊… 好吧, 那么, 就告诉她 我得到了一些消息, 啊…
Um… well, then, just tell her that l`ve got some news, uh…
我… 明早我会传真到她的办公室里.
and that I will… I will fax it to her office in the morning.
好吗?
Okay?
好的. 行了.
Right. Okay.
啊… 我会告诉她.
Um… I`ll pass that on.
好. 谢谢, 亨利. 再见.
Okay. Thanks, Henry. Bye, now.
再见.
Bye.
是夏洛特.
That was Charlotte.