Please step away from the table, sir.
我要走了 维多
Gotta go now, Vic.
-再次见到你真好 -是啊
-Nice meeting you again. -Yeah.
稍后见吧 维多
Catch you later, Vic.
我巴不得快点
I can’t wait.
我在某处见过你们吗 你们很面熟呢
Don’t I know you guys from some place? You look so familiar.
福里探员 这件事越来越恼人了
Detective Foley, this is becoming very irritating.
你为何要骚扰维多麦特兰
Why are you bothering Victor Maitland?
我的朋友迈克坦丁诺以前替他工作
I had a friend named Michael Tandino that used to work for Victor Maitland.
麦特兰找人杀了他 现在我无法证明
And Maitland had him killed. I can’t prove that right now,
但我找到证据时你会第一个知道
but when I do, you’ll be the first to know.
别管你能证明什么了 跟我说吧
Forget what you can prove. Talk to me.
好 听著 众所周知
OK, listen, everybody knows that Victor Maitland
麦特兰是个著名的艺术品商人
is a hot-shot art dealer, OK?
但我调查过 他不单是买♥♥卖♥♥艺术品
But I did some poking around and art’s not the only thing that he deals.
我去过他的仓库 看见他们缷下一箱
I went to his warehouse and I saw some guys unloading a crate
无记名债券
that was filled with German bearer bonds.
迈克坦丁诺被杀时
Now, my friend Michael Tandino had bonds like this on him,
恰巧身上也有这样的债券
coincidentally, when he was killed in Detroit.
麦特兰投资在
Just because Maitland chooses
同一样的债券上
to invest in the same kind of bonds your friend had,
并不代表他就是杀人凶手
doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a killer.
他不是投资者 他是个走私贩
The man’s not an investor, he’s a smuggler, OK?
不管是债券 毒品
Be it bonds or drugs or whatever.
我看见的箱子甚至没有通关
The crate that I saw didn’t even pass through Customs.
麦特兰收买♥♥了一些人
Maitland is paying someone so his guys
因此他的人在海关检查前把货物弄了出来
can get the shipments out of Customs before they get inspected.
他的手下取货以后
Maitland’s guys get their hands on it,
就把毒品或者债券拿出来
they take the drugs or the bonds out of the crates
然后在海关发现前把它送回去
and they send it back before Customs even knows what’s going on.
你目睹这个情况
And you witnessed all this?
除了毒品
Everything except for the drugs,
但我在仓库到处都能找到咖啡渣
but I found coffee grounds all over the warehouse.
咖啡渣
Coffee grounds?
这之前你说了些事 什么意思
You said something about that before. What does that mean?
把毒品包装在咖啡里
Drugs are sometimes packed in coffee grounds.
气味会瞒过警犬
The scent throws off the dogs.
很好 我们现在怎么办
Very good, lieutenant. Now what do we do?
福里探员 我
Look, Detective Foley, I…
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
我真的很想帮你
I’d really like to help you.
若你找到毒品就好
If you’d found the drugs, that’s one thing,
但你唯一的证据是咖啡渣
but if your only evidence is coffee grounds,
我们便拿不到搜查令
we don’t have enough to get a search warrant.
我们可以靠关系
Come on, guys, I know how we can get around…
我们不靠关系拿搜查令的
We don’t get around search warrants in Beverly Hills.
-塔格特 -怎么了
-Taggart. -Yes, sir.
我要你去调查一下
I want you to start checking this out.
从洛杉矶警♥察♥局 联邦调查局和海关著手
Start with the LAPD, the FBI, and the Customs Service.
塔格特 等一下
Hey, wait a minute, Taggart.
探长 麦特兰很精明的
Look, lieutenant, Maitland is much smarter than that.
若我们到处打探
We go and start snooping around his place,
他会收手 从别处取货
he’s gonna close down and get his shipments from someplace else.
-那将会浪费很多时间 -真的
-It’d be a big waste of time. -Oh, really?
你丰富的经验 令你相信是这样吗
Is that what your extensive experience leads you to believe?
-我没有在警队 -长官
-Look, I haven’t been on your force… -Sir!
该死
Oh, shit.
-就是这个人吗 -是的 长官
-Is this the man? -Yes, sir.
把维多麦特兰的窗撞破的先生
Is this the gentleman who crashed through Victor Maitland’s window?
用香蕉把一辆没标志的警车弄坏的人
Who disabled an unmarked unit with a banana?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
引诱塔格特和罗斯蒙特去一间脱衣舞酒吧
Who lured Taggart and Rosemont
导致他们严重失职的人
into a gross dereliction of duty at a striptease establishment?
是罗斯伍德
It’s Rosewood, sir.
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
今早在哈罗俱乐部毁了自助餐的先生是不是他
Is this the gentleman who ruined the buffet at the Harrow Club this morning?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
我打赌在底特律你是你部门的光荣
I just bet you are the pride of your department in Detroit.
探长 我想在你的办公室见你
Lieutenant, I’d like to see you in your office.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
今早在
Is this the man who…
哈罗俱乐部毁了自助餐的是不是他
…wrecked the buffet at the Harrow Club this morning?
小声一点 看在上帝份上
Lower your voice, for Christ’s sake.
他穿过墙壁也能听到
Why, can the guy hear me through the wall?
他可以
Yes, he can.
罗斯伍德 送福里探员回饭店里
Rosewood, take Detective Foley back to his hotel room,
看著他收拾行李 护送他到本市边境
watch him pack, and escort him to the city limits.
然后你可以把枪交还给他
When you get there, you can give him his gun back.
控告你扰乱公♥安♥的两项罪名 已经被撤消
The two charges of disturbing the peace have been dropped against you.
但局长说 如果你回到比佛利山
But the chief says if you return to the city of Beverly Hills,
就会重新控告你
the charges will be reinstated
你就会受到法律制裁
and you will be prosecuted to the limit of the law.
长官 我可否发言
Sir, may I say something?
-比利 -什么事
-Billy… -What?
他看来有足够的线索
Well, he seems to have enough to follow up…
你可想告诉局长
You wanna tell that to the chief?
-不想 -那我提议你快点去
-No, sir. -Then I suggest you get moving.
来吧 阿克塞尔
Come on, Axel.
好的 我明天看看再回复你吧
Right. Let me check on that tomorrow and get right back to you.
谢谢
Thank you.
-你好 -维多 你好
-Hi. -Victor, hi.
坐下 我没有打扰你吧
Sit down. Hope I’m not interrupting you.
当然没有
Of course not, don’t be silly.
珍妮 有个来自底特律的男人
Jenny, there’s a gentleman in town from Detroit
他说他是迈克坦丁诺的朋友
who says he’s a friend of Michael Tandino.
他昨天来过公♥司♥问了我
He came by the office yesterday and asked me all sorts of…
一些古怪的问题 对不起 亲爱的
…rather odd questions. Excuse me, darling.
我相信他的名字是福里
I believe his name is Foley.
既然你是迈克的好朋友 我想知道或许你
Since you were such a good friend of Michael, I was wondering if you were…
熟悉那个家伙
…perhaps familiar with the fellow?
我们一同长大 他是我邻居
Well, we… grew up in the same neighborhood.
真的 你最近可有见过他
Really? Have you seen him lately?
他昨天来过
He… he came in yesterday.
什么 他来过这里
What, came by here?
还有呢
And?
他告诉我迈克被人杀死了
He told me that… Mikey’d been killed.
是 我知道
Yes. Yes, I know.
-还有呢 -没有了
-And then? -That’s it.
他离开后我就没见过他了
He left and… I haven’t seen him since.
珍妮 你可知道他住在哪里
You wouldn’t, by any chance, know where Foley’s staying would you?
我有些他可能有用的资料
I have some information which just might be helpful for him.
我不知道
No, I have no idea.
很好
Yes.
希望我们没有太打扰到你
Well, I hope I didn’t disturb you too much.
没问题
Oh, no, no problem.
-我们改天吃晚饭 好吗 -那将令人愉快
-We’ll have dinner soon, yes? -That would be lovely.
保重
Take care.
比利 我看过那些提货单
Hey, Billy, I read the manifest, all right?
他们今天会有另一批货到来
They’re expecting another shipment in today.
-博戈米尔 -算了吧
-If Bogomil… -Never mind Bogomil!
这是让我们破案的机会
This is a chance to blow this case wide open, the two of us, what do you say?
-来吧 -看 亚斯里
-Come on. -Look, Axel…
但愿我可以 但我不行
I wish I could, but I can’t!
-为什么 -因为博戈米尔会杀死我
-Why? -Because Bogomil would kill me.
比利
Billy…
我不能载你去画廊
I’m not going to drive you to the art gallery, Axel.
只要几分钟
It’ll just take a couple of minutes!
我的朋友詹妮会让我们呆在梅特兰的仓库
My friend Jenny’ll let us in Maitland’s warehouse.
那批货到达时我们就能当场抓到他们
We can be there when the shipment comes in and nail them!
你怎么能肯定它是毒品
How can you be sure if it’ll be drugs, or something?
我有直觉 明白吗