if I could be a caterer in New York.
我完全相信你将来能够在纽约当餐饮服务商 内特
One day, Nate, I have complete confidence that you’ll be a caterer in New York.
在那之前 中学正在召唤你
In the meantime, middle school is calling your name.
-我说真的 -什么
-For the record… -Yeah?
我完全能够理解你为什么不去参加婚礼
I totally understand why you missed the wedding.
当时你接到了第一个百老汇试镜召回通知
You had your first-ever Broadway callback.
我要是你 也一定会去试镜
I would have done the same thing.
我…
I… Uh…
告诉…
Tell…
我得走了 还磨蹭什么呢 就这样吧
I gotta go. What am I doing? All right.
你们俩…你们互相照顾 好吗
You two… You take care of each other, right?
好的 很好
Yes, good. Good.
纽约
– Final boarding- 00 p.m. Port Authority to Pittsburgh.
这是最后一次登机广播 下午2点从港务局到匹兹堡的航♥班♥即将起飞
Final boarding.
那么 如果大家和我想的一样
So if I’m reading the room,
卡莱娅是莉萝的最佳候选人
Kalea is our top contender for Lilo.
我很喜欢她的活力 她已经进入声带休息期了
Adore her energy. She is already on vocal rest.
那么 这就是下午召回组的孩子们
So, this is that afternoon callback group then.
是的
Yes!
等一下
Hold on!
那个孩子呢
Where’s the kid?
哪个孩子 孩子们都在这里了
Which kid? These are all kids.
那个好笑的奇怪小孩
The weird funny one.
跳《屋顶上的小提琴手》酒瓶舞的孩子
The Fiddler on the Roof bottle dance boy?
你喜欢那个孩子
You liked that kid?
他是我最喜欢的一个
He was like my favorite kid.
他把匹兹堡称为“超外百老汇”
He referred to Pittsburgh as “off-off Broadway.”
他很有勇气啊
He was spunky.
我们好像没有登记他的信息 所以…
I don’t think we even got his contact info. So…
不对 他的朋友给了我这个 背面写了电♥话♥号♥码
Not true! His friend left this with me. Phone number’s on the back.
我选角32年 头一次看到这么丑的发型
That is the worst haircut I’ve seen in 32 years of casting.
今天再走运一点就好了
Well, today could have been better.
今天这样已经很不错了
Today could have been worse.
司机 停车
Driver, stop the bus!
你干什么
What are you doing?
是召回通知 我要在20分钟内赶到
I got a callback. I have to be there in like 20 minutes.
召回…你说什么
You got a… Wait, what?
喂 有人要下车吗
Hello? Someone getting off?
这可不在计划之中啊
This wasn’t a part of the plan.
可我们干什么都要一起的
But we do everything together!
我就是这个意思啊
Which is exactly my point!
好好说话
Tone.
如果我再不回家 一旦爸妈发现
If I’m gone any longer, and my parents figure it out,
他们会让我一辈子关禁闭的
they’re going to ground me. For life!
你是不是…
Are you…
莉比 你是不是生气了 因为我单独去试镜 没带上你
Libby, are you mad that I auditioned without you?
不是 我…
No. I…
内特 我喜欢剧院
Nate, I love the theater.
但是我并不喜欢登台表演
But I don’t really love being onstage.
我还在寻找我的人生目标
I’m still trying to find my thing.
其实我参加学校的演出 只是为了…
And I kind of only do the school shows to be with…
你知道吧
You know?
和你在一起
With you.
快点做决定 孩子
Make a decision, kids.
莉比 你知道你对我有多重要
Libby, you know how much you mean to me,
但我不是…那样的
but I’m not like that.
亲爱的 让他走吧
Honey, let him go.
回家的路上我再跟你解释
I’ll explain to you on the ride home.
你到底要不要下车
Are you stayin’ on, or are you gettin’ off?
真的非常抱歉 莉比
I’m really sorry, Lib.
不 我…
No, I…
我也经历过 亲爱的
I’ve been there, sweetheart.
我还嫁给了他
And I married the guy!
兔脚真的有用
The rabbit foot worked!
内特 你还在莉比家吗
Nate! You still at Libby’s?
我回来了
I’m home!
嘿 老爸的药柜里还有绷带吗
Hey, do we have any Ace bandages in dad’s medicine cabinet?

Yo!
内特
Nate!
“和莉比在一起”
“Hanging with Lib.
“你大概得了第一名 提前祝贺”
“Congrats on probably getting first place.”
第一名 是呀
First place. Yeah.
-兄弟 今晚开派对 -拜托
-Dude. Party tonight. -Dude,
-我现在走路都困难 -所以我们去你家
-I can barely walk. -That’s why we’re coming to you.
你今天摔了一跤 我们要帮你振作起来
We want to cheer you up for biffing out there today.
你♥爸♥妈不是出去享受二人世界了吗
Aren’t your parents away on their woo-woo retreat thing?
-兄弟 我不好说 -听我说…
-Dude, I don’t know. -Dude…
我来减轻你的伤痛 好不好
Can I come make your boo-boo better?
好 行吧 来吧
Yeah, okay, it’s on.
太好了
Yes.
行 待会儿见
All right, later.
奇了怪了
Weird.
任风吹雨打
Let the storm rage on!
反正冰天雪地我也不怕
The cold never bothered me anyway
头一回遇上男孩唱《随它吧》 值得表扬
I’ve never had a boy sing Let It Go, I’ll give you that.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
容我问一句 内特
Crazy question, Nate,
你今天有没有准备好的独白
but did you happen to bring a monologue with you today?
-独白 -是的 一个简短的演讲
-Monologue? -Yeah, like a short speech.
重点是“简短”
Emphasis on “short.”
哦 不是 我知道独白是什么 只是我没…
Oh, no, I know what a monologue is. I just didn’t…
好的 没关系 今天就这样吧
Okay, no problem. That’s all we need.
稍等 我有一段 真的
Wait. I have something. I do.
“佐治亚州停电的那个晚上”
“The night the lights went out in Georgia.”
我没有听过这一段 不过你要是想试试…
Can’t say I’ve heard of that one, but if you wanna give it a try…
“你大概不知道吧 玛乔丽”
“You probably didn’t know, Marjorie,
“在佐治亚州选美史上 苏珊娜是唯一一位包揽了”
“that Suzanne was the only contestant in Georgia pageant history
“所有单元奖项的选手 除了最佳亲和力奖”
“to sweep every category except congeniality,
“反正我家的姐妹也并不追求亲和力”
“and that is not something the women in my family aspire to anyway.
“你也不知道 当她穿着泳装走上T台时”
“Or that when she walked down the runway in her swimsuit,
“有五名选手当场弃赛”
“five contestants quit on the spot.
“你更不知道 当她从隔间走出来”
“Or that when she emerged from the isolation booth
“回答‘你要如何避免一场战争’这个问题时”
“to answer the question, ‘What would you do to prevent war?’
“她对答如流 从爱国主义”
“she spoke so eloquently of patriotism,
“战场硝烟 谈到钻石头冠 听得成年人都热泪盈眶”
“battlefields, and diamond tiaras, grown men wept.”
好啦
Okay.
“恐怕你不知道的是”
“And you probably didn’t know,
“玛乔丽 苏珊娜不是普通的佐治亚州小姐”
“Marjorie, that Suzanne was not just any Miss Georgia.
“她是独一无二的佐治亚州小姐”
“She was the Miss Georgia.
“她抛接的不只是一根舞棒”
“She didn’t just twirl a baton,
“那根舞棒还点着火 ”
“that baton was on fire!
“后来她把舞棒抛向空中 那根舞棒”
“And when she threw that baton into the air, it flew higher,
“飞得比任何舞棒都更高 更远 更快”
“further, faster than any baton has ever flown before,
“它击中了一个变压器 在一片漆黑中 火花飞溅 洒满舞台”
“hitting a transformer and showering the darkened arena with sparks.
“最后当那根舞棒终于落下 玛乔丽”
“And when it finally did come down, Marjorie,
“我姐姐一把接住了它”
“my sister caught that baton
“现场12000名观众激动得站起来”
“as 12,000 people jumped to their feet
“雷鸣般的掌声持续了16分半钟”
“for 16 and one-half minutes of uninterrupted, thunderous ovation
“火光闪烁 照亮了她挂着泪痕的脸”
“as flames illuminated her tear-stained face.
“这就是”
-“And that…”
“玛乔丽 现在你知道了”
“Marjorie, just so you will know
“将来有一天你的孩子也会知道”
“and your children will someday know,
“佐治亚州停电的那个晚上”
“is the night the lights went out in Georgia!”
表演完毕
And scene.
抱歉 我的南方口音不太稳定 有点怪
Sorry, my Southern accent was a little wobbly. Weird.
这是爱德华·阿尔比的选段吗
Was that Edward Albee?
很接近 是《设计美女》
Close. Designing Women.
内特 你是本地人吗
Nate, are you local?
你打算在纽约过夜吗 因为…
Are you already spending the night in New York? I mean…
是这样 你明天还能过来吗
Look, can you be back tomorrow?
导演应该见见你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!