是想回去改变的吧
if you could.
你不是在说时光机
Oh, you are not talking about a time machine,
那在现实中和理论上都是不可能的
which is both a real and theoretical impossibility.
你是在谈论后悔
You are talking about regrets.
如果你想问我有没有后悔的事
So if you want to ask about regrets,
那就直接问
just ask about regrets
不要扯时间旅行那些鬼话
and leave all this time-traveling nonsense out of it.
好 那就说后悔事
Okay. Regrets, then.
后悔事
Regrets.

Yeah.
让我后悔的事
My regrets. All right, well…
让我后悔的事
My regrets…
那个
Well…
我读研究生的时候
When I was a graduate student,
我创立了一家公♥司♥ 和几个…
I started a company with some…
我当时视为朋友的人
At the time, I thought they were my friends.
我们的目标是将我的研究成果商业化
Our goal was to commercialize discoveries that I had made.
到了某个阶段
And at a certain point…
我退出了
I stepped away.
我以为这是绅士之举
I thought I was doing the gentlemanly thing.
但我没想到
But little did I understand
是他们精心操纵我
that they were artfully maneuvering me
让我抛下了我的创作
into leaving my own creation.
要是我当初留下来了
And had I stayed, oh…
那么
Well…
我现在就不会和你一起被困在地下
I wouldn’t be down here with you.
你创立了一家公♥司♥ 它还在吗
So you started a company. Is it still around?

Oh, yes.
成功吗
Is it successful?
非常成功
Very.
你怎么从来没跟我说过
How could you never tell me about this?
我们本可以采取些行动的
We could have done something with this.
告他们不当解雇 盗窃知识产权
Wrongful termination, intellectual property theft,
专利诈骗
uh, patent fraud.
我可以拿这个案子大做文章的
I mean, I coulda sunk my teeth into this!
我要找律师也绝对不会找你
You’d have been the last lawyer I’d have gone to.
那倒是
Yeah. Sure.
你呢
So, what about you?
-什么 -后悔事
– What? – Regrets?
等等 我想到一件
Y– Wait. I got one.
算了 当我没问
You know what? Never mind.
我20岁那年
When I was 20–
是22岁
um, 22,
我在百货商店门外想假摔碰瓷
I pulled a slip and fall outside Marshall Field’s.
真的
I did.
我那时年少无脑 就想卖♥♥弄
And I was stupid and young and I was trying to show off.
所以我以最快速度砸向冰面
So I hit the ice as fast as I could.
我摔得那么狠 听见一声脆响
I biffed it so hard, I heard a crack!
不是冰碎了 而是我
Wasn’t the ice, it was me.
我伤到了自己
I actually hurt myself.
从那以后我的膝盖就落下毛病了
I mean, I– My knee has never been the same.
“碰瓷”
“A slip and fall”?
对 我上调酒学校的学费就是这样挣出来的
Yeah. That’s how I put myself through bartending school.

Right.
这么说…
So…
你一直爱搞歪门邪道
So you were always like this.
不好意思
Sorry.
比尔
Bill! Hey.
-我正要… -先生 这个人是联邦囚犯
– I’m just going to– – Sir, this man is a federal prisoner.
我是法警
I’m a US Marshal.
请你不要跟他说话
I ask you not to speak to him.
他是我的律师
That’s my lawyer.
是吗 你是他的律师
Is that true? You’re his lawyer?
是的
Yes.
以后你会有机会跟你委托人说话的
You’ll have other opportunities to talk to your client.
请你不要挡着过道
Please move out of the aisle.
不 等等
No, hold on.
我当着你面说的话都不是保密的 对吧
N-Nothing I say in front of you is privileged, right?
是的
That’s right.
所以如果我跟我律师说话的时候
So if I talk to my attorney and we let something slip
无意中泄露了对检方有利的信息
that could help the government’s case,
你可以给公诉人传话
you could pass it along to the prosecution.
完全没问题
Totally clean.
没错
Correct.
这样的话 我们真的不能说两句吗
With that in mind, you’re sure we can’t have a few words?
长话短说
Make it fast.
她认罪了 地检打算怎么做
She confessed. What’s the DA gonna do with it?
没有证人 没有确凿证据
No witnesses, no physical evidence.
要我猜的话 他们很可能就把这案子晾在一旁
If I had to guess, most likely they sit on it.
永久地晾在一旁
Permanently.

Okay.
不 不”好”
No, not “Okay.”
对她来说不好 她的问题不在于地检
Not for her. Her problem’s not the DA.
那是什么
What then?
金把她的宣誓公♥证♥证词
Well, apparently, Kim took her sworn and notarized statement
亲手交给了哈姆林的遗孀
and hand delivered it to Hamlin’s widow.
-不是吧 -就是
– No. – Yes.
她自愿接受民事诉讼
She opened herself up to a civil suit.
哈姆林的遗孀可以拿走她现在和以后
The widow can take her for everything she has
所拥有的一切 永远如此
and everything she’s gonna have, in perpetuity.
那她会起诉吗
So, is she? Suing?
有一件事我可以肯定地告诉你
Look, all I can tell you for sure
我们说话这会儿 哈姆林太太正在四处召集律师
is that Mrs. Hamlin’s out lawyer shopping as we speak.
虽然她是没找我啦
Not that she bothered to call me.
我现在可以去厕所了吗
Hey, can I, uh, go to the john now?
我去了
I’m going.
等一下 比尔
Hold up, Bill.
等等 你肯定想听这个
No, wait. You’re gonna love this.
哈姆林的事 检方只是一知半解
The Hamlin thing? The government doesn’t know the half of it.
我们一落地
As soon as we land,
你就告诉他们
I want you to tell the other side
我还有谈判筹码 明白吗
that I’ve got more to trade, okay?
我刚想起来一些能让他们兴奋的事
I j-just remembered something that’ll make their toes curl.

Okay.
能让他们兴奋的事肯定对金不利
Anything that makes their “Toes curl” is bound to jam Kim up.
如果与她有关的话
If it involves her.
与她有关
Oh, it involves her.
金已经面临民事诉讼了
Kim’s already got a civil suit hanging over her head.
你再向检方透露猛料
You give the government more,
她可能会受到重罚
maybe they bring the hammer down.
你还能得到什么好处
What more are you gonna get?
还剩下什么
What’s left?
你不明白
You don’t understand.
那冰激凌真的很好吃
It’s really good ice cream.
-又是男孩吗 -这次是女孩
– Boys again? – Girls this time.
她接下来一两年别想睡觉了
Well, she’s not sleeping for a year or two.
-一两年都算少说 -她还回来吗
– At least. – Is she coming back?
她不得不回来
She’ll have to.
乔什是双胞胎 对吧
Josh is a twin, isn’t he?
对 他下周过生日
Oh, yeah. And it’s his birthday next week.
我总是带他出门庆祝 就我俩
I always take him out, just the two of us,
因为他小时候什么都得和他的双胞胎兄弟分享
because, you know, he had to share everything.
那真好
Well, that’s nice.
要么去红龙虾餐厅
It’s either Red Lobster
要么就去威克姆那边新开的中东菜餐厅
or that new Middle Eastern place, the one over on Wickham.
-叫托普什么什么 -托普卡皮
– Top something? – Topkapi.
没错 托普卡皮
That’s it. Topkapi.
格伦带你去过 对吧 那家怎么样
Glen took you there, didn’t he? What’d you guys think?
那里不…
Uh, it wasn’t…
不太好 是吗
Not good, huh?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!