应该是吧
I guess so.
警方是这么说的
Um, that’s what the police said.
霍华德之前告诉我 你在骚扰他
Howard told me that you were harassing him.
搞些精心策划的恶作剧
Playing elaborate pranks of some sort.
说你不肯放过他
That you wouldn’t leave him alone.
我知道他这么想
I know he thought that.
他也跟我说过
H-He told me, as well.
他好像深信不疑
Um, I think he honestly believed it.
但你不承认做过
But you’re denying it.
你知道吗
You know what?
我离开这里的时候闹得不太愉快
I didn’t leave here under the best, uh, terms.
过去这几年 我本可以
The past few years, I could have, uh,
更加体谅霍华德一些
been more considerate to Howard
而不是一有机会就整他
instead of yitzing him every chance I got.
我猜…
I guess, uh…
我是有点嫉妒的
there was a certain amount of jealousy on my part
因为霍华德令我哥哥尊重
because Howard had the, uh, respect of my brother.
我却从来没有得到过
Which I never did.
告诉我你跟警♥察♥说了什么
Tell me what you told the police.
好 当时是晚上11点
Okay. Um well, I mean, it was 11:00 P.M.
霍华德突然猛敲我家门
Howard started pounding on our door.
他非常不安 咕哝着什么
He was very upset, going on about something,
他认为是我的错
he thought was my fault.
我觉得可能是跟矶鹞渡案有关
I guess it had to do with the Sandpiper case,
但我分辨不清
but I-I couldn’t make head or tail out of it.
我们想让他冷静下来
We tried to calm him down —
但他就是不肯
but he just — he just wouldn’t.
最后他离开了
Finally, he left.
就这些
That — That’s it.
我并非一无所知
I’m not oblivious.
我知道有传闻说他吸毒
I know people are saying he was on drugs.
你是在暗示他当时吸毒了吗
Is that what you’re trying to tell me?
就是…
It just…
他就是跟平常不一样
He just didn’t seem like himself.
你听见了吗
Are you hearing all of this?
因为我觉得完全说不通
Because none of it makes sense to me.
谢丽尔 我们要不就…
Cheryl, maybe we should just —
我不管传言怎么说
I don’t care what people are saying.
我不管警方怎么想
I don’t care what the police think.
霍华德没有吸毒 这根本不是真的
Howard was not on drugs. That simply is not true.
这件事有隐情
There’s something more to this.
我不知道我该不该说
I don’t know if it’s my place,
但是
but…
我…
I — I —
直说吧
Please — just spit it out.
大概一年半以前
It was about a year and a half ago.
我还在这工作
I was still an associate here.
加班做简报
Working late on a brief.
我看见霍华德办公室亮着一盏灯
And I saw a light on in Howard’s office.
以为是保洁不小心忘记关了
I assumed the cleaning crew left it on by mistake.
我想办公室肯定没人 所以我就没敲门
And I was sure the office was empty, so I didn’t knock…
然后呢
And?
我看到霍华德坐在桌后
And Howard was there at his desk,
低着头
head down,
鼻子正吸入着什么
and he was snorting something.
我看着他 他看着我
I looked at him. He looked at me.
我不知道该做什么 于是就走了出去
I didn’t know what to do, so I just walked out.
第二天早上我们再见面的时候
And the next morning when we saw each other,
谁都没提这件事
neither of us said anything about it.
我从未告诉任何人
I never told anyone…
但现在我多希望我开口了
…but now I wish I had.
你跟他共事这么多年
In all the years that you worked with him,
见到过类似的事吗
have you witnessed anything like this?
哪怕只是迹象
Even a hint?
克利福徳
Cliff?
我…
I…
谢丽尔 现在在这儿谈这个不合适
Cheryl, this really isn’t the time or the place.
谢丽尔 你是他妻子
Cheryl, you were his wife.
你每天都见他 比谁都了解他
You — You saw him every day, you knew him better than anyone.
也许是我误会了
Maybe I misunderstood what I saw…
要是真有此事 你肯定会发觉
You would have known.
失陪了
Please excuse me.
她姐妹在这 我去找她
Her sister’s here somewhere. I’m — I’m gonna go find her.
我知道刚才很难熬 但都结束了
I know that was tough, um, but it’s over now.
真的过去了
I mean really over.
让伤口开始愈合吧
Let the healing begin.
全体起立
All rise.
现在开庭
Court is now in session.
有请尊敬的迪尔登法官
The Honorable Judge Dearden presiding.
下午好
Good afternoon.
我们要讨论新墨西哥州诉亚波罗一案的
We are here to discuss a motion to exclude evidence
排除证据的动议
in State of New Mexico v. Yarborough.
法官大人
Your Honor, if I may?
我递交了另一项动议
I submitted an additional motion.
我猜您还没看
I’m assuming you have not seen it yet.
-有吗 -刚收到 法官
– Did we get that? – It just came in, Judge.
很抱歉 这是临时递交的
I apologize. It was a last minute addition.
确实是最后一刻
Last minute is right.
我没有理解错吧
Do I understand this correctly?
你请求退出本案
You’re requesting to withdraw from this case?
是的 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
我的委托人已了解全部情况
My client is fully informed
而且我也已经联♥系♥了另一位律师接手此案
and I’ve already been in touch with another attorney.
佩奇·诺维克
Paige Novick.
她资历丰富 也对本案很熟悉
She’s highly qualified and familiar with the case.
只要您允许 她随时可以接手
She’s prepared to step in, if you’ll allow it.
韦克斯勒女士 奥伦斯坦先生 请上前来
Ms. Wexler, Mr. Orenstein, approach the bench.
韦克斯勒女士 我们今天在这都是因为你一再坚持
Ms. Wexler, we are here today at your insistence,
请求我们考虑你的动议 排除证据
to consider your motion, to exclude evidence.
现在这个关头你却要退出
And this is the moment you choose to withdraw?
我必须退出
It was unavoidable.
可以告诉我原因吗
May I ask why?
由于个人原因 法官大人
Personal reasons, Your Honor.
个人原因
Personal reasons.
你是身体抱恙
Are we talking about a health issue?
还是亲友出了什么状况
Something to do with a loved one?
不是
No.
你想到内庭私下对我说吗
Would you rather discuss this privately in chambers?
多谢关心
Thank you for the consideration…
但不用了
but no.
一点细节都不愿意透露吗
Would you care to supply any detail at all?
法官大人 我不太愿意详述
Your Honor, I’d prefer not to.
奥伦斯坦先生
Mr. Orenstein,
州检察院是否准备好讨论韦克斯勒女士的动议了
is the state prepared to discuss Ms. Wexler’s motion?
是的 法官大人 当然
We are, Your Honor. Absolutely.
韦克斯勒女士
You know what, Ms. Wexler?
奥伦斯坦先生已经到场 我也在
Mr. Orenstein is here. I’m here.
我们都如你所愿来参加你的”派对”了
We all showed up for your party
现在你却要把酒水收走吗
and now you’re taking away the punchbowl?
我还是希望你能先为你的动议辩护
I’m inclined to have you argue your motion
之后我再考虑你姗姗来迟的申请
and then I’ll consider late-arriving petitions.
很抱歉浪费了法庭的时间 法官大人
I’m sorry for wasting the court’s time, Your Honor,
但我无法继续出席此次听证会
but it’s impossible for me to continue with this hearing.
到底为什么 韦克斯勒女士
And why is that, Ms. Wexler?
因为我已经不是律师了
Because I’m no longer an attorney.
你说什么
I’m sorry? What?
我在两小时前就通知了律师协会
I gave notice to the bar two hours ago.
你干了什么 为什么 为什么
You did what?! Why — why?!
好吧 好吧 我知道原因
All right, all right. I know why.
-但是 金 你不能就这样… -吉米 我…
– But, Kim, you can’t just – Jimmy, I-I —

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!