You have to leave them a little chunky.
我最喜欢大葱了
Oh, well, I love leeks.
加点大蒜更添风味
Oh, and garlic helps, too.
听起来很美味
That sounds delicious.
真希望我有机会尝尝
I really hope I get a chance to try it…
爱琳 你好吗 亲爱的
Irene! How are you, my dear?
我很好 哈姆林先生
I’m very good, Mr. Hamlin.
你知道要叫我霍华德的
Now, you know to call me Howard.
你一定记得朱莉吧
And you remember Julie, of course.
-记得 -我刚才跟爱琳说
– Yes. – I was just telling Irene
她什么都不用做 也不用说
she doesn’t have to do or say anything,
没什么好紧张的
and there’s nothing to be nervous about.
克利福德说得很对
Well, Cliff is absolutely right.
朱莉 麻烦你帮爱琳
Uh, uh, Julie, can you pour Irene
泡一杯热洋甘菊茶 加点蜂蜜
a hot cup of chamomile tea, a touch of honey?
你喜欢这样 对吧
That’s how you like it, right?
是的 谢谢
Yes, thank you.
爱琳 我给你解释一下待会的情况
Irene, let me walk you through what’s going to happen.
你会见到斯韦卡特先生和他的合伙人
You’re going to meet Mr. Schweikart and his associates,
他们代表矶鹞渡的利益
who represent Sandpiper’s interests,
整个过程都会有礼且专业
and it’s all going to be very polite and professional,
为了确保一直有礼且专业
and to make sure it stays polite and professional…
会有一位中立的调解人来维持现状
…an independent mediator is going to keep things that way.
有点像是裁判员
Kind of like a referee.
一位来自圣达菲 人很好的退休法官
Yeah, a very nice retired judge out of Santa Fe,
卡西米罗法官 我认识他很多年了
Judge Casimiro, I’ve known for many, many years.
-谢谢你 你真好 -谢谢
– Oh, thank you. You’re so sweet. – Thank you.
老天
Oh, my goodness.
我很庆幸一切都快结束了
I’m just so glad this is all going to be over soon.
不过我们都知道那句俗语
Well, we all know the saying,
“正义的车轮转得慢”
“The wheels of justice turn slowly…”
今天事情估计不会结束
Things probably won’t be over today.
也有可能了结 但我们正努力
Uh, there’s a chance, but we’re fighting very hard
为你和你的朋友们争取应得的东西
to get you and your friends what you deserve,
对方也竭尽全力为他们的委托人争取
and the other side’s fighting hard for their clients,
所以这是迈向公道很大 很重要
so this is one very big, very important,
又很缓慢的一步
and very slow step towards justice.
事实就是 预计要多久 克利福德
Full disclosure, we’re probably looking at, what, Cliff?
我估计至少要一年半到两年
Oh, I’d have to say one and a half to two years, minimum.
当然了 你是集体诉讼代表
Of course, you’re the class representative,
-如果你今天听见心动的协议… -不不不
– and if you hear a deal of your liking today… – Oh, no, no, no, no.
我绝不会做你没叫我做的事
I-I am not going to do anything that you don’t tell me to do.
我们会尽全力给你建议
Well, we will advise you to the best of our ability,
我向你保证
I can assure you of that.
人都到齐了
All the parties are here,
艾琳给外州代表接通了会议电♥话♥
and Erin has the out-of-state reps dialed in on the Polycom.
很好 卡西米罗法官呢
Fantastic. And Judge Casimiro?
在等候区 等我们集♥合♥了他就进来
In the waiting area, ready to come in once we’re all assembled.
好极了
Excellent.
这一刻终于到了
Well, this is it, then.
-到会议室给你重新泡一杯 -谢谢
– We’ll freshen this up for you in the conference room. – Thank you.
我们把你风光地送过去
Now, let’s get you down there in style.
我可以自己走路
Um, I’m fine walking.
当然
Of course.
如果能让你更轻松舒适 我会更安心
I’d feel better making all of this as easy for you as possible.
谢谢你满足我 爱琳
Thank you for indulging me, Irene.
我们还能做些什么让你舒服点
Now, is there anything else to make you comfortable?
你热不热
Are you hot?
不热 我很舒适
No, I’m very comfortable.
还有谁觉得热吗
Anybody else hot?
我还好
Um… I’m good.
应该马上就到了
And I believe we’re just moments away.
他们来了
And here they are.
下午好 各位
Good afternoon, everyone.
律师进入了会议室
The team has entered room
连同你们的集体诉讼代表
along with your class representative,
爱琳·兰德里
Irene Landry.
霍华德
Howard.
-克利福德 见到你很高兴 -里奇
– Cliff, good to see you. – Rich.
-你记得阿尔文和菲尔吧 -你好
– Yeah. You remember Alvin and Phil… – Hi.
这是矶鹞渡的丹妮拉和埃德温娜
…and this is Daniela and Edwina from Sandpiper.
我记得 很高兴又见面了
Of course, great to see you again.
里奇 你之前没见过爱琳·兰德里吧
Rich, I don’t think you’ve met Irene Landry.
没有 但我很开心能把名字和人对上
No, I haven’t, but it’s nice to put a face to a name.
你好 亲爱的 我是里奇·斯韦卡特
Hello, my dear. Rich Schweikart.
能见到你们真是太好了
It is so nice to meet all of you.
好多人啊
There are so many people.
朱莉 是时候把调解人请上来了
Julie, I think it’s time to invite in the mediator.
马上
Right away.
稍等一下 各位 现在各方都到了
Hang tight, everyone, now that all the parties are here,
请调解人来…
the mediator will be invited in…
我听说应该祝贺
Congratulations are in order, I hear.
-喂 -我读了…
– Whoops, hello? – I read the…
喂 大家都在听吗
Hello? We still have everyone?
喂 是不是有人掉线了
Hello? Did we lose anyone?
普罗沃的瓦尔科女士 你还在吗
Ms. Valco in Provo, you still on the line?
能解除静音说句话吗
Can you unmute and let us know?
算是吧 陷入了困境
More or less. Thrown into the deep end.
我在 布里尔女士
Yes, I’m here, Miss Brill.
太好了 如果有人掉线
Great. Um, well, if any of you get disconnected,
就拨之前告诉你们的号♥码
just dial back on the same number you were provided,
然后输入密♥码♥ 接着按#
followed by the access code, then press pound,
井号♥键
the little tic-tac-toe button,
就回来了
and you’ll jump right back in.
我们的调解人到了 开始吧
And it looks like our mediator has arrived, so we’ll get started.
我们安排您坐在上座
We’ve got you right there at the head of the table.
您想喝点什么吗
Is there anything I can get you?
我好得很 谢谢
I’m absolutely fine, thank you.
我有笔和本就能开工
I am a pencil and notepad person.
足够了
All I need.
大家好
Hello.
我知道我们都盼着赶紧开始
I know we’re all anxious to get things started,
但恐怕你们要忍♥一忍♥我的惯例套话
but you’ll have to suffer through my traditional spiel, unfortunately.
我叫兰德·卡西米罗
My name is Rand Casimiro,
我是本次诉讼的调解人
and I am your mediator for these proceedings.
我很高兴来参加 但最终
Now, I’m happy to be here, but at the end, hopefully,
希望在座的各位
all of you in the room
以及在各地的听众
and those listening from various locations
不要对我感到满意
won’t be happy with me.
我为什么这么说
And why do I say that?
因为最好的解决方案意味着妥协
Because the best solutions mean compromise.
双方各退一步 这是我的目标
It’s compromise from both sides. That’s my goal.
但就像我妻子总说的
But as my wife always says,
妥协并不代表我是对的 她是错的
compromising doesn’t mean I’m right and she’s wrong.
我们就继续…
So let us move forward with the b…
霍华德
Howard?
我…
I, um…
抱歉
I’m… I’m sorry.
我们今天应该无法继续谈判了
I don’t think we can proceed with these negotiations today.
为什么
Why not?
这样说吧 出现了我们无法控制的情况
Let’s just say, circumstances beyond any of our control.
你必须说得更确切一些
Well, I’m going to have to insist that you be more specific.
我们的这位调解人一再重复”妥协”这个词
Well, our mediator here keeps using the word “compromise”
但他才是有问题的那个
when he, in fact, is compromised.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
没错
I think you heard me.
霍华德
Howard…
你开银色的米亚达 对吗
You drive a silver Miata, correct?
没错
I do.
今天早上七点左右
And this morning, around 7:00 a.m.,
你步行穿过特朗布尔公园

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!