(真挚的爱…那群孩子)
(“有事找索尔 ” 律师)

Hey.
没事吧
Everything okay?
我睡不着 就想着赶一下工作
Can’t sleep. Figured I’d get a jump on work.
我还希望只是自己睡不着
I was hoping it was just me.
他永远不会来这里 要是我当初…
He never would’ve been here if I had…
要是我当初…
If I had just…
吉米
Jimmy.
西塞罗的修女肯定会因为 我这么说把我打下地狱
The nuns back in Cicero would send me to hell for saying it, but…
但谢天谢地他死了
…thank God he’s dead.
你想喝咖啡吗
You want some coffee?

Sure.
这是你的六件套篮就在这里
Got your six-piece bucket right here.
-谢谢 -好好享受
Thank you. Enjoy.
欢迎光临 请问需要点些什么
Welcome. Can I take your order?
先生 我愿意帮您
Ah. Sir, I would be happy to help you here.
下午好 我可以帮您点单吗
Good afternoon. May I take your order?

Yeah.
来一个12块炸鸡桶 特辣
I’d like a 12 piece bucket. Extra spicy.
我可以推荐一下 店里的招牌鸡肉卷吗
May I suggest our signature spice curls?

Sure.
给我来个大份的
Gimme a large on that.
还有两杯可乐和一个凉拌卷心菜
Also, two cokes and a side of coleslaw.
抱歉 福林先生
Sorry, Mr. Fring.
(炸鸡兄弟)
我们目前还处于发掘阶段
We are currently in the middle of a process called “discovery.”
你们可能会问发掘是什么
What is “discovery,” you might ask?
这是所有案子最重要的部分
It’s one of the most important parts of any case
因为在这个阶段 双方都能发掘出
because it’s when both parties are able to “discover,”
这么说吧 与索赔相关的信息
if you will, information that is relevant to the claims at issue.
这就要说到另一个关键词 “相关性”了
Now this brings us to another key term… “relevance.”
如果一份文件或某个证据具有相关性
If a document or a piece of evidence is “relevant,”
这就说明它可以证明或反驳 案子的某个元素
that means it has a tendency to prove… or disprove… an element in the case.
感觉没完没了的
This whole thing is just takin’ so darn long.
不幸的是 像这样的高风险集体诉讼
Unfortunately, high-stakes class actions like these
一般都是持久战
often move on a protracted timeline.
好吧
Well, okay,
但我们一些人可能打不起持久战了
but some of us don’t have a “protracted timeline,”
如果你懂我的意思
if you know what I mean. Right?
我儿子觉得我应该自己找个律师
My son thinks I should get my own lawyer.
你们完全有权单独找律师
You have every right to pursue independent legal representation.
-既然如此… -肯定的
Having said that… Uh, absolutely.
很高兴能看到下一代站出来 对吧
It’s great to see the next generation stepping up, isn’t it?
谢谢 布里女士
Thank you, Ms. Brill.
大家好
Hi, everyone.
我很高兴今天能见到各位
I’m so glad to be with you today.
你们或许有些人还不认识我 我是你们的首席律师豪沃德·哈姆林
For those of you who don’t know me yet, I’m your lead attorney… Howard Hamlin.
叫我豪沃德就好
Just call me Howard.
这位是我的合作律师克里夫·梅恩
And this is my co-counsel, Cliff Main.
听着
Listen.
我知道你们都想速战速决
I know you all want to get to the finish line.
老天 我肯定也想
Boy, I-I sure do.
但我就对大家说实话了
But I’m gonna level with you.
其实我们还有很长的路要走
Truth is, we still have a ways to go.
为什么呢
Why?
因为我们想从胜佰德那里 争取到最大的利益
Because we want the maximum from Sandpiper.
我们想在罚金基础上再多争取30%
We’re pushing to get an extra 30% on top of the penalty.
不是因为我们贪心 不是的
Uh, not because we’re greedy, no.
而是因为这是你们应得的
Because it’s what you deserve.
要想讨回这笔债
Now, to get your due,
或许会需要更多时间
it may take a little extra time.
这么做值得吗
Is it worth it?
我觉得值得
I think it is.
因为这不仅仅是钱的事
Because this isn’t just about money.
而是关乎到人
It’s about people.
关于到你 萨莉 对吧
It’s about you. Sally, right?
对 萨莉
Right. Sally.
还有你 先生
And you, sir.
我们要发出信息
We’re sending a message…
我们不允许大企业榨干辛勤劳作的人
We’re not gonna let big corporations pick the pockets of hard-working folks.
我想生活在一个 人人可以彼此信任的世界
I-I want to live in a world where people can trust each other.
你们肯定也这么想
And I bet you do, too.
-再次感谢二位 -谢谢
Thanks again, both of you.
谢谢你们过来
Thank you for coming.
谢谢
Thank you.
-我感觉好多了 -谢谢
Oh, I feel better. Thank you.
-再见 -好
Bye. Okay.
-再见 保重 -谢谢
Bye, now. Thank you. You take care.
我们刚刚扑灭了一场大火
Well, I think we just put out a major fire.
你好厉害
That was impressive.
-艾琳 我们办公室见 -好
Erin, I’ll see you back at the office.
再见 豪沃德
Okay. Bye, Howard.
豪沃德 我想跟你聊聊
Howard… Bye. …I need a minute.
怎么了
What’s up?
我在大马路上
I threw a woman out of my car.
把一个女人丢出车外
In the middle of the street.
然后我一溜烟开车跑了 这就是你的意思吗
And I… Zip, I just drive right past ya…That’s what you’re saying.
我都不…
No, I-I don’t even…
-我不知道该如何回应 -我不是要求你回应
I don’t know how to respond to that. I’m not asking you to respond.
-我只是想告诉你 我知道此事 -不是我 克里夫 不管你觉得是谁…
I just need you to know that I know. It wasn’t me, Cliff. Whoever you think you saw…
对 我儿子就总是这么说
Yeah, I’m sorry, but that’s the kinda thing my son used to say.
明明是你的捷豹车 还有“合十礼”的车牌 就是你
It was your Jaguar, your “Namaste” plate. It was you!
豪沃德 寻求帮助不丢人
Howard, there’s no harm in asking for help.
有很多人愿意支持你
You got a lot of people in your corner.
所以你是说乡村俱乐部那包东西
So, there’s the… the baggie at the country club.
-对 -在那之后
Yes. After that, some clients…
一些你出于保密协议 无法透露姓名的客户
Who you can’t name because of privilege…
做出了暗示
make insinuations.
然后周四那天 你有个商务会谈
Then, on Thursday, you have a business meeting,
然后看到一辆捷豹飞奔而过
and you witness a Jaguar speeding past.
你当时在跟谁见面
Who were you meeting with?
我不确定这有什么关系 但我见了金·韦克斯勒
I’m not sure why that’s germane, but… Kim Wexler.
她向我征求事业建议
She came to me for career advice.
好吧
All right.
好吧
Okay.
当然会这样了
Of course.
当然会这样了
Of course.
克里夫 我知道你也很纠结
Cliff, I know this wasn’t easy for you.
你是以朋友的身份告诉我
You came to me as a friend.
我很感谢你
I appreciate it.
-你可以从今天开始 豪沃德 -我会的
You can start today, Howard. Oh, I will.
因为你说得对 我确实有问题
Because you’re right. I do have a problem.
但不是你想的那个问题
Just not the problem you think.
我有个吉米·麦吉尔问题
I have a Jimmy McGill problem.
-吉米·麦吉尔 豪沃德 -失陪了
J-Jimmy McGill? You’ll have to excuse me.
朱莉
Howard! Julie.
取消我这周的安排
Cancel my week.
对 全部安排
Yes. My whole week.
豪沃德
(合十礼3)
(索尔·古德曼及律师事务所)
等一下
Hold up!
正义会在四分半终后来临
Justice will be served in four and a half minutes.
也就是9点整
9:00 a.m. sharp.
我很期待聆听你们所有人的问题
I look forward to sitting down with each and every one of you.
早高峰 那是你的工位
Morning rush. So, that’s your station.
当然了 暂时而已
Temporarily, of course.
但你看 就位于正中♥央♥
But check it out. Center stage.
怎么了
What?
那个吗 就是一件垃圾
That? That… It’s garbagio.
马上会被丢去垃圾箱
On its way to the dumpster.
我知道这地方需要装饰一下
I know that this place needs a little TLC.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!