不是吧
Oh, no.
认真的吗
Really?
我以为只是边框涂那个颜色
I thought it’d be just the trim.
有那么多颜色 干吗偏偏挑那个
Of all the colors, why would you pick that?
即便想选红色 也选奥多比红啊
Use adobe red, if you want red.
那算什么红色
What do you even call that?
消防车红
Fire engine red?
番茄红
Tomato red.
他们的邻居太可怜了
Their poor neighbors.
真是碍眼
What an eyesore.
业主协会绝对不会批准那个颜色
There’s no way the Homeowners’ Association approved that color.
巴布一定会气得火冒三丈
Barb’s gonna have a cow.
或许我可以给她吹吹风
Maybe I could put a bug in her ear…
巴布能怎样
What can Barb do?
那里根本不是山景城的地界
That place isn’t even in Mountain View.
归因前特蒙特山管辖
It’s Enchantment Hills over there.
因前特蒙特山从皮农路开始
Enchantment Hills starts at Pinon Lane.
还记得维斯科雷科一家 种了那片颤杨吗
Remember when the Westlakes planted those Quaking Aspens?
那片破杨树
That whole mess?
维斯科雷科一家不是证明了 他们家的地属于因前特蒙特山吗
I thought the Westlakes proved their lot was in Enchantment Hills.
他们花钱做了土地调查
They paid for a land survey.
认真的吗
Really?
你从哪听说的
Where’d you hear that?
大概是罗比·戴维斯
Robbie Davis, maybe.
我冲完澡后再去地图上确认一下
I’ll double-check the map after I shower.
你要喝吗
Want some?
不了
Nah. I’m good.
那是冰茶吗
Is that iced tea?
要不要喝点
Mrs. Would you like some?
没问题 谢谢 女士
Love some. Thank you, Ma’am.
最近怎么样
How’s it going?
现状
Eh. Status quo.
一切都好
You know, hummin’ along.
我们上周确实签下了一个大客户
We did land a pretty big client last week, though.
圣菲的一个保险装备公♥司♥
Insurance outfit in Santa Fe.
他们的客户基本上都是高端地♥产♥公♥司♥
They cover most of the high-end real estate up there.
好极了
Great.
但豪沃德 我不是股东
But, Howard, I’m not a shareholder.
我只是热热身
I’m — I’m just getting warmed up.
尽管我还是觉得 你可以当个优秀的诉讼律师
Although I still think you would make one hell of litigator.
谢谢你的好意 但算了
Ah. Appreciate that, but I’ll pass.
家里情况也差不多
At home, things are more or less the same.
没有变得更糟
It’s not any worse —
我应该心存感激
I guess I should be grateful for that.
感觉我们…
It’s like we’re…
进入了死胡同
deadlocked.
雪柔还是习惯有什么事就憋在心里
Cheryl still won’t talk about anything…important.
-你试过我们商量的办法吗 -试过
You tried what we discussed? Yes.
对 我试了 可是…
Yes, Idid, but…
我确实做了一个梦
I didhave a dream.
我就仔细看了我爸的票 明显那是一趟国际航♥班♥
So I look over the old man’s ticket, and it’s clearly an international flight,
所以我们就查他的登机口
so we search for his gate number —
但所有标志牌上 都是我看不懂的语言
but all the signs are in a language I can’t read.

Kim!
路上车多吗
Any traffic?
没有 25号♥公路一路畅行
Nope. Straight shot down 25.
我们坐这桌
This is us.
谢谢你来见我
Thanks for meeting me.
我想着你来这里肯定忙得很
I imagine you’re swamped when you’re in town.
今天还好
Today’s not too bad.
其实 我在你的老东家 施韦卡特还有个会
In fact, I have a meeting at your old stomping ground, with Schweikart.
那替我向里奇问好
Tell Rich I said hi.
没问题
Of course.
吉米怎么样
How’s Jimmy?
他很好 谢谢关心
He’s great. Thanks for asking.
爱丽丝怎么样
How about Alice?
她也很好
She’s doing well.
她开始学烘焙 我的胃很是满足
She’s taking up baking, and, uh, no complaints here.
-那你真幸运 -可不是嘛
Well, lucky you.Don’t I know it.
我听说这里的拿铁一流
I hear this place makes a killer latte.
对 要我说的话 爪哇乔的对手出现了
Yeah. They give Java Joe’s a run for their money, if you ask me.
(汽车旅馆办公室)

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!
快来
Come on!
我刚接待完客户
Had a customer.
好 但我们该走了
Okay, okay, but it’s time to go.
快 我们得赶紧出发
C’mon! We gotta get moving!
你要做什么
Wait. What are ya doing?
不行
No, no, no, no, no.
快点 我们得走了
Hey. Come on. We gotta move. We gotta move.
我买♥♥瓶根汁汽水
I’m getting a root beer.
不行 我们有安排 还记得吗 我们商量过的
No, no. We have a schedule. Remember? We discussed it.
可我投了五美分进去
I put two quarters in.
事成之后 我会给你买♥♥一整箱
I will buy you an entire case when we’re done.
走吧 快上车
Here we go. Right in. Whew.
好好坐进去
All the way.
(准备好了)
没事吧
Everything okay?
没事
Sure.
用我再交待一次吗
Do we need to go over it again?
不用
Nah.
记住了 一定别站在碍事的地方
Well, just remember –keep your feet out of the way
因为我得一溜烟开走
’cause I’m gonna have to leave in a hurry.
怎么了
What?
我真的很喜欢你的头发
I really like your hair.
这不…
It’s not —
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thanks.
如果有别的办法呢
What if there was a different way?
如果设立一个独♥立♥的律师团队 或许四到五人
What if there was an independent team of lawyers — maybe four or five of them —
专门接疑难杂案
who were dedicated to taking on the difficult cases?
我不是说几个律师 就能解决庞大的体制性问题
I’m not saying a few lawyers can solve a massive, systemic problem,
但他们可以改善情况
but they could make it better.
为什么找我呢
And why come to me with this?
如果我想糊弄你
Well, if I wanted to shine you on,
就会说那是因为人人都知道 你有很深的社会良知
I’d tell you it’s because you’re known for your social conscience.
但真正的原因是你在州政♥府♥有关系
But the truth is it’s because of your connections in state government.
-你有能力施加影响 -没错
You can make things happen. Fair enough.
金 律师有一个服务委员会
Kim, the firm has a service committee.
我应该让你去找他们 跟其他有价值的案子保持一致
I should tell you to go to them and get in line with all the other worthy causes.
但这是动真格的 不是随口说说
But you’re putting your money where your mouth is.
你肯定听说了我儿子吸毒的事
I’m sure you’ve heard something about my son’s drug problem.
格里高利的挣扎
Gregory’s struggle gave me a more,
这么说吧 让我对法律体制有了意见
let’s say, personal view of the legal system.
金 我觉得这点子是可以的
Kim, I think you’ve got something here.
(开始)
但你不能略掉支持人员 他们是这一切的核心
You can’t skimp on the support staff. They’re the beating heart of the operation.
我们律所就是这样…
I know that’s true in our office —
不要
No, no! No! No!
天啊…
Jesus.
你这混♥蛋♥
You son of a bitch!
你这心理扭曲 欠钱不还的人♥渣♥
You twisted deadbeat piece of shit!
那不是豪沃德吗
Wasn’t that…Howard?
可恶 你欠我钱
God damn it! You owe me!
女士 你没事吧
Ma’am, are you okay?
-你欠我的 -女士
You owe me! Ma’am…
-可是… -还没人敢这么对我
I mean…Nobody does that to me!
我说不好 一切太快了
I don’t know. It happened so fast.
该死 你欠我的 这是欺诈
Damn it! He owes me! What a rip-off!
可恶
Damn you!
不是吧
No. No!
他们把路锥拿走了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!