这我倒是头一次听说
That’s news to me.
你们是怎么发现的
How did this come to light?
他死在自己庄园发生的大规模枪战里了
He died in a massive firefight at his compound.
有将近十个人被杀了
Over a half dozen people were killed.
太可怕了
That’s terrible,
可你提这个干什么
but where are you going with this?
慢慢听我说
Bear with me.
我来讲讲从我的角度来看 这是什么情况
Let me explain how this looks from where I stand.
两年前 吉米·麦吉尔代理了
A couple years back, Jimmy McGill represented
本地一位毒贩 伊格纳西奥·瓦尔加
Ignacio Varga, a local dealer.
而瓦尔加是屠库·塞拉曼加的手下
Now, Varga is a known associate of Tuco Salamanca.
吉米帮忙让屠库的
Jimmy was involved in getting Tuco
一项暴♥力♥殴打指控被从轻判决
a reduced sentence on an assault and battery charge
就在他代理瓦尔加不久之后
shortly after he represented Varga.
而现在呢 他代理了化名为
And now here he is, representing Eduardo Salamanca
“豪尔赫·德古兹曼”的爱德华多·塞拉曼加
under the assumed name “De Guzman.”
好吧
Okay.
你想说什么
What are you getting at?
你是准备收集证据指控吉米吗
Are you building some kind of case against Jimmy?
不是
No.
目前没有人要指控他
No one is, at the moment.
“目前”
“At the moment.”
吉娜·卡里尔认为吉米知道德古兹曼是谁
Gina Khalil thinks Jimmy knew who De Guzman was.
她认为吉米知道以后仍协助了塞拉曼加
That Jimmy helped Salamanca even after he knew.
我很想相信他并不知情
I’d like to believe he didn’t.
我认为吉米从未想过要成为贩毒集团的律师
I don’t think Jimmy ever intended to become a cartel lawyer.
这并不适合他
It’s not a suit that fits him.
我认为也许他因为陷得太深
I think maybe he got in over his head
而无法脱身了
and couldn’t get out.
如果真是这样… 如果塞拉曼加骗了他
And if that’s true — if Salamanca duped him,
律师委托人保密权就是在欺骗下取得的
then the lawyer-client privilege was obtained in bad faith.
你想让吉米出♥卖♥♥♥他的委托人
You want Jimmy to rat on a client?
即使塞拉曼加死了 他的保密权仍存在
Even if Salamanca’s dead, his privilege survives.
你很清楚
You know that.
前提是没什么黑料
If the privilege was clean.
但如果吉米并没参与这个德古兹曼骗局
But if he wasn’t in on the De Guzman deception,
他可以来找我谈
Jimmy could talk to me.
和你谈什么 你刚刚说塞拉曼加死了
And tell you what? You just said Salamanca’s dead.
他的同伙还没死
His accomplices aren’t.
塞拉曼加的根基很深 我想了解
Salamanca was in deep, and I want to know
他的人在阿尔布开克干什么
what his people are doing here in Albuquerque.
吉米也许能帮我
And Jimmy could help.
我会确保他和我讲的事不会反过来影响他
I’ll make sure anything he tells me won’t blow back.
如果最后发现是吉米犯了错误…
And if it turns out that Jimmy’s made mistakes —
我们也不会追究他
we won’t hold him accountable.
我和你讲是因为我觉得
I’m talking to you because I think
你会更听得进去我的想法
you’ll be more willing to hear what I have to say.
我们本来抓住了一个大魔头
Look, we had a monster in custody.
结果却把他放了
And we just let him walk right out of jail.
我们失败了
We failed.
整个司法体系失败了
The whole system just failed.
这家伙杀死了一个22岁的孩子
This guy killed a 22-year-old kid.
相当冷血
Dead. In cold blood.
这是不对的
It’s wrong.
你知道这是不对的
You know it’s wrong.
我觉得吉米也知道
And I think Jimmy does, too.
索尔
Saul.
你说什么
I’m sorry?
他现在用索尔·古德曼的名字执业
He practices now under the name Saul Goodman.
虽然我清楚记得
Although I distinctly remember
你叫他”人♥渣♥”
you referring to him as a “scumbag”.
我确实跟…索尔有过不愉快
Uh, I admit I have had my problems with…Saul.
这不假
That’s true.
但我也相信他骨子里
But I also believe underneath it all —
在他浮夸的表象之下
underneath all of his… showiness —
他是个律师
he’s a lawyer.
是一个人
And a human being.
我觉得他知道什么是正义
And I think he knows what’s right.
什么时候
When?
明天
Tomorrow.
明天
Tomorrow.
老大说他看着太精神了
Boss says he looks too pretty.
要我来吗
Want me to take care of it?
不
No.
我来
I’ll do it.
你走吧
Now get the hell outta here.
得弄得像点 对吧
Gotta make it look real, right?
快点弄完吧
Let’s get it over with.
先喝点
First things first.
托尼 你好
Tony, good to see you.
夜校还顺利吗
How’s night school treating you?
经济拿了A 哈姆林先生
“A” in Econ, Mr. Hamlin.
真好 继续保持
Ah, good for you. Keep it up!
请勿将贵重物品留在车内
对不起 先生
Oh, uh, sorry, sir.
-借过 -是我不好
– ‘Scuse me. – My bad.
没事
No worries.
借过
‘Scuse me.
动作快点
Better get a move on.
那孩子看着机灵
Kid looks quick.
车钥匙存根
快点
Let’s go, yo.
大概还有45秒
Prolly ’bout 45 seconds.
提醒你一下
I’m just sayin’.
你都说好几遍了
Heard you the first time.
一切顺利
Smooth as glass.
他什么都没发现
Guy drove away without a clue.
很好
Great!
这个怎么用
And, uh, how does it work?
按四解锁 按五上锁
Press “four” for unlock. “Five” For lock.
其余都是自动的
Rest’ll take care of itself.
四是解锁 五是上锁
Four for unlock, five for lock…
好
Alright.
这是你的报酬 还加了点
What you asked for, and a little extra.
应该够你和那位钥匙大♥师♥的费用了
Should cover you and the “Keymaster.”
能问你个问题吗
Can I ask you summin’?
当然 问吧
Sure, go ahead.
是私人问题
Personal, kinda.
好吧 什么问题
Okay. What?
你是一名律师
You a lawyer.
能赚不少钱吧
You make good money, right?
时好时坏吧 不过算不少吧
Good days and bad, but, yeah.
合法的钱
Legit money.
明面上的
On the level.
是的 怎么了
Yeah. So?
你老婆也是律师
Your wife’s a lawyer.
合法的律师
A legit lawyer.
对
Yeah.
那你为什么还要干这个
Why you do all this?
明白你的意思了
Oh, I gotcha.
我知道 外人看来
I-I know, from the outside,
这看起来就是一场骗局
this looks like just another scam.
但你要有大局观
But you’re not seeing the bigger picture.
几个月后 会有好多人
A couple months from now, there are people whose lives
因此过上更好的生活
are gonna be way better because of this.
我们是在让世界更美好
A– We’re making a real difference.
相信我
Trust me.
这是在替天行道
We’re doing the Lord’s work here.
你说是就是吧
If you say so.
回见
Be seeing you.
系好安全带了 孩子们
Buckle your safety belts, boys and girls,