Yeah. I had a busy morning.
去拘留所
Go to lock-up.
有个委托人在等你
Client’s waiting for you.
我的”委托人”
My “Client”? Wha–
这次谁又被抓了
Who got picked up this time?
豪尔赫·德古兹曼
Jorge De Guzman.
豪尔赫·德古兹曼是谁
Who the hell is Jorge De Guzman?
你觉得呢
Who do you think?
豪尔赫·德古兹曼公诉案
State vs. Jorge De Guzman.
案件编号♥CR-2004003022
Case CR-2004003022.
德古兹曼先生
Mr. De Guzman.
一级谋杀罪
Murder in the first degree,
持械抢劫
robbery while armed with a deadly weapon,
篡改证据 纵火
tampering with evidence, arson —
法官大人 我的委托人
Your Honor, uh, my client waives
放弃剩余指控的宣读
the reading u202dof the remaining charges.
他有何辩护
How does he plead?
所有指控均宣称无罪
“Not guilty” on all charges.
我想在六周之后安排预审听证会
I’d like to schedule a pre-trial hearing in six weeks.
并且拒绝被告保释
And I’m going to deny bond.
法官大人
Your Honor —
这是我的决定
That’s my decision.
谢谢你抽空与我们见面
Thank you for making time for us on such short notice.
我们想当面告诉你
We wanted to tell you face-to-face
律所里的所有人
how much everyone in the firm
都为昨天发生的事感到遗憾
regrets what happened yesterday.
图克姆卡里的情况完全失控
The situation in Tucumcari spiraled out of control,
对此我们负全责
and we take full responsibility.
凯文 你选了我当你的律师
Kevin, you chose me as your attorney.
那是我职业生涯中最美好的一天
And that was the best day of my professional life.
昨天是我职业生涯中最可怕的一天
Yesterday was the worst day of my professional life.
我无法表达让你失望的歉意
I can’t tell you how much I regret that I let you down.
但我想让你知道 如果你选择
But I want you to know that, if you choose
继续与我和律所进行合作
to move forward with me and with us,
这种事不会再发生第二次
nothing like that will ever happen again.
事情出了差错 这不可否认
No one’s denying u202dthat things went off course,
但我们应该记得 过去的一年半里
but let’s keep in mind that over the last 18 months,
我们开设了二十四家新分行
we’ve opened 24 new branches.
在图克姆卡里之前
And, until Tucamcari,
法律方面的工作一直完美无缺
the legal work has been…flawless.
金 你掉链子了 这没得说
Kim, you dropped the ball. That’s for sure.
凭借你的才智
And, uh with all your smarts,
还有一整个办公室的高学历同事
whole office full of associates and fancy degrees…
你居然被一个…
you get rolled over by…
你知道怎么回事
Well, you know what happened.
我本来对你的期望更高
I expected more.
感谢你们的到来
Thanks for coming in.
谢谢你 凯文
Thank you, Kevin.
-佩奇 -谢谢
– Paige. – u202dThank you.
金 还有一件事
Kim, one more thing.
这个家伙 叫麦吉尔还是古德曼 随便吧
This fella — McGill or Goodman, whatever.
你可以找个更好的
You could do a whole lot better.
我觉得五五开吧 但至少我们试了
I’ll say 50/50, but we gave it a shot.
里奇 我们不能就这样走了
Rich, we can’t leave it like this.
他会纠结一段时间 到时候再看结果吧
Oh, he’ll stew for a bit, and then we’ll see.
如果他继续和我们合作了 那怎么办
And if he does stick with us, then what?
我们要一直如履薄冰下去吗
We walk on eggshells forever?
我们还有别的选择吗
What’s our alternative?
我们反驳了 是吗
We countered with seven, right?
没错 但是在经过调查后
Yes, but after the survey —
抱歉打扰了
Uh, sorry to interrupt.
介意我们再占用几分钟时间吗
Do you mind if we take just another minute of your time?
可以
I guess.
凯文 无论我们接下来的关系看起来如何
Kevin, no matter what our relationship looks like moving forward,
我们欠你一个事实
we owe you the truth.
事实就是 你无视了我们的建议
And the truth is, you ignored our advice.
这成我的错了
Oh, so this is my fault.
我们说过 梅萨维德
We said Mesa Verde
应该重新考虑客服中心的地址
should reconsider the site for the call center.
你拒绝了
You declined.
我们建议你保留成交的土地 作为投资
We advised you to keep the purchased lot as an investment.
你也拒绝了
You declined.
我们还建议你离开会议
And we advised you to leave that meeting
因为对方在谈判过程中明显要进行敲诈
when it became apparent that the other side was negotiating in bad faith.
你还是拒绝了
You declined.
我们在每一步都给了你最好的指导
At every point, we gave you the best guidance we could,
但每次你都选择自行其是
and at every point, you chose to go your own way.
我们是你的律师
We are your attorneys,
给你建议是我们的职责
and it is our job to advise you.
做决定的人永远是你
The decisions will always be yours,
但如果你继续无视我们的建议
but…if you continue to ignore us…
那我们就不该合作
then this is the wrong relationship.
还有 凯文 我必须告诉你
And, Kevin, I have to tell you,
以后不管谁做你的律师
whoever represents you in the future…
我希望你多听取他们的意见
I hope you’re gonna listen to them a little bit better.
说完了吗
That it?
那好吧
Alright, then.
周四见
See you on Thursday.

Okay.
我们…就不打搅了
Well, uh…I guess we’ll get out of your hair.
周四
Thursday.
JMM
JMM.
那是什么
What’s that?
是我的座右铭
Oh, that’s my motto.
是吗
Yeah?
“公正最重要”
“Justice Matters Most.”
好 说重点
Okay, brass tacks.
“德古兹曼”这身份有多可信
Um, how solid is this “De Guzman” thing?
如果他们发现你的真实身份
Because if they find out you’re not who they think you are,
-那可能会有点… -这不会是问题
– that could be a little — – It’s not gonna be a problem.
很好
Great!
首先
Um, first up,
我们得把谋杀指控减轻为过失杀人
we got to get the murder rap down to manslaughter.
我认为地检准备和你谈认罪协议
Now, I think that the DA is primed to cut a deal.
让他们主动提出 争取主动…
So I say make ’em come to us, power move —
-不 -不
– No. – u202dNo?
不 不谈协议
Nope. No deal.
要是闹到庭审的话…
Here’s the thing about going to trial —
不 不 不
No, no, no, no, no.
不上庭 不谈协议
No trial. No deal.
好吧 没问题 只是…
Okay, yeah. Sure. Just…
你有什么高见
What did you have in mind?
你先把我保出去
You’re gonna get me out on bail.
保释
Bail?
这…
That’s…
那边的规矩…
Well, the thing there —
我不知道边界以南的办事规矩
I mean, I don’t know how things work south of the border,
但这里 在这种情况下
but here, u202dunder these circumstances,
希望渺茫
uh, well, that’s a long shot.
你想和贩毒集团交朋友吗
Quieres ser amigo de el cartel?
不好意思 我不懂…
I’m sorry. I-I don’t, uh…
你想和贩毒集团交朋友吗
You wanna be a friend of the cartel?
你该换新座右铭了
Time to get yourself a new motto.
挣钱最重要
Just. Make. Money.
“但’朝生暮死’是什么意思”
“‘But what does that mean, “Ephemeral”?’
小王子追问道
repeated the little prince,
他这个人一有问题
who never in his life let go of a question
就要刨根问底
once he had asked it.
“意思是
‘It means,
‘有很快会消失的危险'”
“Which is in danger of speedy disappearance.”‘
“我的花有很快会消失的危险吗”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!